Best Baby Monitors for Large House – When you are shopping for a baby monitor for Large House, always keep in mind that the standard baby monitor will not get you very far. Even if you live in a small apartment, you never know when you will be using your monitor on vacation, at the grandparents’ house or even in camping.
My suggestion is always to consider the range factor. Even if your budget can get you only the standard version, maybe you should consider buying a second-hand baby monitor with the longest range. This will save you money in the long term, by avoiding to buy a second baby monitor.
P.S. If you’re seeking for the best long range monitor and hoping to find real reviews from real parents. You should check out this list I created of the top baby monitors of 2020.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- ✅ POWERED BY HUBBLE CONNECTED APP – Hubble provides helpful sleep and parenting tips as well as a growth and development tracker plus many more features and benefits (subscription may be required to access some features).
- ✅ FULL VIEW OF THE ROOM - Check all parts of the room whenever you want. This home security camera may be controlled remotely, allowing you to digitally pan, tilt and zoom the camera via the parent unit.
Motorola sells two types of baby monitors: regular monitors with camera and parent unit and “connected” units. The latter monitors can either be viewed via a parent unit or via smartphone, thanks to signal streaming over WiFi.
That dual use is unique to Motorola and explains the price premium these monitors command—, depending on the unit.
In general, Motorola has succeeded with baby monitors where others (Levana, D-Link, Foscam) have failed—and the main reason is a wide variety of monitors and price points.back to menu ↑
2.Babysense Video Baby Monitor
- HAVE A PEACE OF MIND – Our Baby Monitor with Camera allows monitoring your baby’s sleep with 2.4 Inch High Quality Color LCD Display, providing high quality and stable streaming, secure hacking-free connection and crystal clear digital vision & sound. Your baby deserves the best care.
- SOOTHE & COMFORT YOUR BABY: Use the two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. So you can comfort your baby with the sound of your own voice, sometimes our little angels just need to hear our voice!
The Babysense monitor is very easy to set up. It consists of a parent unit, a baby unit, and two power adapters. The parent unit has a built-in lithium-ion battery so we could charge it and carry it around, as well as a kickstand. We made sure to charge the parent unit fully prior to our first use (more on charging and battery life later).
Parents have the option of placing the baby unit on a flat surface such as a dresser or shelf (self-explanatory) or mounting it to the wall. We opted to do the former, making sure it wasn’t up against a wall or too far from the monitor, as the manual recommends (we’ll come back to this in a minute). We were disappointed to see that there were no instructions in the user guide on wall installation, but if you have any other issues during setup or use of the monitor, there is an included troubleshooting guide.back to menu ↑
- This configuration includes one parent unit (monitor) and one baby unit (camera)
- High resolution 2.8" color LCD screen - never miss your baby's smile
The VTech Safe & Sound Video Baby Monitor comes with a large LCD monitor of 2.8” and 2 cameras, allowing you to choose a split view. The product is expandable, which means you can attach two more cameras to the existing two. The digital transmission does not use the internet, protecting you and your family from hackers.
The device includes two-way talk features, allowing you to soothe your baby from afar or choose to play one of the five lullabies included from the camera. The alarm system notifies you when the temperature varies for the customized range, when the battery is low or if the connection between the baby monitor and parent camera is lost.
The infrared vision allows you to see your baby at night without disturbing their sleep, and you can easily adjust the view through the adjustable camera lens. Another benefit of using the VTech Video Baby Monitor is that you can be up to 1,000 feet away from your baby without losing the connection.back to menu ↑
4.Infant Optics DXR-8 PRO
- Patent-Pending Active Noise Reduction Feature -filters out background noises so you can hear your baby more clearly. Removes unwanted sound from fans, air purifiers, humidifiers, air conditioners, static and more.
- Ultra Clear Video Quality: High definition 720P video resolution playback.Type of Modulation:GFSK
So when Infant Optics reached out to me a couple months ago about trying its newest closed-loop monitor, the DXR-8 PRO, I was intrigued. Not only because I probably have another year (at least) of monitoring my son’s sleep, but also because, with a price just more than the original, I wondered how much different it could actually be?
If judged by looks alone, the answer to that question would be: Not that different. The display unit is bigger and has a larger screen — up to 5 inches from 3.5 inches — but otherwise appears the same. And the cameras themselves are almost identical.back to menu ↑
5.Philips AVENT Dect
- DECT technology provides zero interference & a private connection
- Night light and lullabies to calm your little one
The Philips Avent DECT SCD501/10 is a basic sound monitor that has good sound clarity and is super easy to use. This product has a fairly good range and a battery life that is longer than most parents will need. The price of the DECT SCD501/10 is reasonable considering what you get.
We think this product will work for most families and can act as a main or travel monitor with ease. However, some parents will find the lack of two-way communication and other features to be a deal-breaker, but those features come at a price and a more complicated user interface that will make the monitor harder to use.back to menu ↑
Best Baby Monitors for Large House – A long-range baby monitor can help you feel close to your baby, no matter where you are in your home. Some may even let you dash to the garage or the backyard for a minute.
My monitor was my best friend when my babies were small. I could still carry on with daily life — when I had the energy — and know I could keep an eye on my little treasures. Being able to hear every sound, and see them on the monitor, gave me the freedom to move around while they slept.