Best Big Gaming Monitors – If in the market for the best gaming monitor 2021 has to offer, know that there are a few things to keep in mind before choosing which display should grace your desk.
You’ll want to familiarize yourself with the following terms and specifications to help guarantee that you’re getting the best gaming monitor that’s most ideal for you. It also means you won’t have to pay extra for additional features that you might not actually care about.
1.Alienware 25 AW2521HF
Pros & Cons
- LIGHTENING FAST: An incredibly fast 240Hz refresh rate allows for fast-moving visuals to be seen with outstanding clarity so you can react quicker to in-game situations
- ACCELERATE YOUR REACTIONS: A 1ms GtG (Gray to Gray) response time allows for consistently smooth performance during intense, high-speed gameplay and eliminates motion blur
- TRUE COLORS, REAL SPEED: New, fast IPS technology helps maintain image clarity from every angle of the screen. Plus, with up to 99% sRGB color coverage, you have a wide array of colors in your arsenal
- EMPHASIZE EVERY DETAIL: AMD FreeSync Premium and NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible technology synchronizes the graphics and gaming monitor, so you get epic, tear-free images that don't slow down your gameplay
- STAY COOL UNDER PRESSURE: The unique cooling and venting design at the top, bottom and rear side of the monitor provides an optimized ventilation system, keeping your gaming monitor cool during the most intense of battles
The Alienware 25, in its so-called Lunar Light color scheme we tested (model AW2521HFL), is white and black, just like Alienware’s recent Aurora desktops (as well as the Sony PlayStation 5). The 25-inch screen is flat and has barely any bezel, with only a thin black band running along three edges. A narrow black strip on the bottom edge features the Alienware logo.
On the back, most of the monitor is white plastic, with black inserts where the ports can be found and on the joint where the stand connects to the screen. It’s a striking look, and a nice departure from the usually boxy, black look of most monitors, even many elite gaming ones. (That said, Alienware also offers a blacked-out version dubbed “Dark Side of the Moon,” model AW2521HF)
Pros & Cons
- UNMATCHED IMMERSION: Get your head in the game with Odyssey’s 1000R panel, which matches the curvature of the human eye for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain. Set with Stand (inches)-27.96 x 23.41 x 12.04.Mounting Type: Wall-Mount (Size mm) 100 x 100
- Viewing Angle is 178° (H) / 178° (V); Aspect Ratio is 16:9
- WQHD RESOLUTION: Make your gaming world, more lifelike than ever before. Packing in 1. 7 times the pixel density of Full HD, WQHD resolution boasts incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images. Experience a fuller view with more space to take in all the action.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC & FREESYNC: Dropping frames means dropping chances to put your enemy in the dirt. With NVIDIA G-SYNC and FreeSync Premium Pro support, Odyssey matches every frame from your graphics card, so you’re never caught short from moment to moment.
- RAPID 240hz REFRESH RATE: Topping leaderboards never looked or felt so smooth. With Odyssey’s rapid 240hz refresh rate, you have up to four times as many frames displayed on screen every second compared to a traditional screen.
- INFINITY CORE LIGHTING: Odyssey’s Infinity Core is a striking addition to any desktop, matching world firsts in technology, with stunning visual design.
- LIGHTNING FAST 1ms RESPONSE TIMES: A fraction of a second can be the difference between your destruction, or your enemy’s. With Odyssey’s grey to grey 1ms response time, you can be sure that you’re receiving information as fast as technologically possible.
- CUTTING EDGE QLED TECHNOLOGY: From deepest blacks to vivid colors, Samsung QLED ensures pixel perfect picture quality with every frame. Utilizing Quantum Dot technology, Samsung QLED creates more vivid colors with 125% more color space compared to sRGB, ensuring the highest class of color reproduction.
- FIND HIDDEN DEPTH WITH HDR 600 : From damp and dark corridors, to sunlit alien vistas, Odyssey’s HDR 600 brings incredible depth to the worlds you choose to explore, revealing the smallest hidden details so you don’t miss a thing.
The Samsung Odyssey G7 is amazing for gaming. It has a native 240Hz refresh rate, FreeSync support, and it’s compatible with NVIDIA’s G-SYNC. The response time at its max refresh rate and at 60Hz are both outstanding, resulting in minimal blur.
Its narrow viewing angles make it less ideal for co-op gaming, but luckily, it displays deep blacks if you want to game in the dark. We received reports of the backlight flickering with VRR enabled, but we didn’t notice any flicker; rather the screen dims when a certain image is displayed full-screen.
Pros & Cons
- 34" Class (34" Viewable) AOC Gaming G2 Series monitor with 3440x1440 Ultra wide Quad HD (2K+) resolution VA panel. Pixel Pitch: 0.23175
- Rapid 1ms response (MPRT) and 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync for ultra-smooth competitive game play Curve radius: 1500mm
- 3-Sided frameless design with 1500R curvature for immersive gaming and entertainment
- VA panel for wide viewing angles and brilliant colors displaying over 115% sRGB and 98% Adobe RGB color gamut area coverage
- AOC Re-Spawned 3-year zero-bright-dot 3-year advance replacement 1-year (one-time) accidental damage
The AOC CU34G2X is a great ultrawide gaming monitor. It has a 144Hz panel with Adaptive Sync support, so even though it’s not officially certified by AMD nor NVIDIA for variable refresh rate (VRR) support, FreeSync and G-SYNC still both work on it.
It has low input lag, and although it has a quick overall response time, there’s visible black smearing, which is typical of VA panels. Speaking of which, it has a high native contrast ratio, but that means it has narrow viewing angles, so it’s not ideal for co-op gaming. The 34 inch screen and 3440×1440 resolution help deliver an immersive gaming experience, and it has a fairly aggressive 1500R curve to bring the edges of the screen within your field of vision.
Pros & Cons
- Exclusive AQCOLOR technology covers a wide variety of color spaces such as Adobe RGB, sRGB, Rec. 709, ensuring the colors on your screen are the brightest, boldest and most accurate
- Brightness (typ.) is 250nits; Aspect Ratio is 16:9
- View files side-by-side with DualView. Easily compare photos and videos in specialized CAD/CAM, darkroom or animation Display modes next to each other on one screen
- Ergonomic features allows you to customize your viewing experience with a tilt, twist or turn. Adjust the screen height or rotate to portrait mode for added comfort and workflow efficiency
- Keyboard video mouse (KVM) switch allows users to Display files, photos or videos from two different computers on a single screen. Easily work on multiple projects at once without worrying about transferring files computer to computer
- Eye care technology prevents eye strain, fatigue and irritation with Low Blue Light technology, Brightness Intelligence and ZeroFlicker filters out harmful blue light, automatically adjust screen brightness based on your surroundings and eliminates annoying flickering. Brightness: 250 cd/㎡
- All units purchased from comes with new firmware update, fixing previous flickering issues
Gaming monitors often lean hard into a stereotype of what gaming hardware should look like. That means brash, angular design with gaudy LED accents.
The BenQ EX2780Q’s simple, curved matte black chassis is paired with elegant trim that, in most lighting, takes on a bronze or coffee hue. Thin bezels frame the display on three sides while the bottom is bordered by a small soundbar with a faux fabric texture.
The BenQ EX2780Q is an alternative. It’s a sleek, refined monitor that could easily be sold as a professional display. The focus is on image rather than refresh rate, providing a wide gamut display and HDR support. All this helps the EX2780Q carve a unique niche in the crowded market for 27-inch gaming monitors.
5.Porsche Design Agon PD27
Pros & Cons
- 27-inch AGON gaming monitor with 2560x1440 Quad HD resolution designed by world-renowned Porsche Design.
- 1000R curved VA panel matches the curvature of the human eye and wraps around your vision, putting you at the center of the action for a highly immersive gaming experience
- Lightning-fast 240Hz refresh rate and extraordinarily quick 0.5ms (MPRT) response time and for the most fluid gameplay, completely eliminating smearing and motion blur.
- Adaptive-Sync enabled optimizes performance for hyper-responsive, ultra-smooth competitive gameplay without tearing.
- Light up your battlefield with customizable AOC Light FX and turn your workspace into a showcase with Porsche Design or AGON logo projection.
- Instantly switch gears between game modes using the wireless Quickswitch Keypad to optimize visuals and adjust AOC Shadow Control settings to improve your gaming experience.
- 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for a seamless multi-monitor setup and stunning imagery with VESA DisplayHDR 400 certified performance, 119.76% sRGB, and 88.82% DCI-P3 color gamut coverage for the most vivid, vibrant visuals.
- RE-SPAWNED Warranty: 4-year Zero-Bright-Dot, 4-year Advance Replacement, 1-year (One-Time) Accidental Damage
- 2x DisplayPort 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.0, 1x USB Type-B (Upstream), 4x USB Type-A (Downstream), 1x Audio-in/out, 1x Microphone-in, 1x Microphone-out, and Built-in 2x5W DTS speakers
- Height-adjustable stand with swivel and tilt for optimum ergonomics and viewing comfort during extended gaming sessions.
Porsche Design is an industrial-design subsidiary of Porsche AG, the Stuttgart builders of legendary sports and racing cars. As its name implies, it brings Porsche-inspired aesthetics to non-automotive products like clothes, glasses, and watches.
It keeps a hand in electronics, too, which is why you see its name on the AOC Agon PD27 gaming monitor. The PD27 is a high-end 1440p AOC gaming monitor in a Porsche chassis, and it looks fantastic for more reasons than its aesthetics. Its screen is top-notch, with excellent contrast and color, a 240Hz refresh rate, and incredibly low input lag.
Best Big Gaming Monitors – You need to get one of the best gaming monitors of 2021 to truly get the most out of your games. By investing in one of these gaming-centric displays, you’ll benefit from useful features like a wide aspect ratio, faster refresh rate, and possibly curvature. And, if you want the Nvidia RTX 3000 series GPU that’s powering your gaming PC to really fly, one of these monitors will be able to not only keep up but offer an immersive and seamless experience.