Best Budget Monitors for Graphic Design – You probably have a selection of tools that you rely on each day for your job as a graphic designer, but few will be as valuable as a great monitor.
Your monitor is where you’ll spend the majority of your time working on images and projects, so it has to be capable of meeting your performance standards.
At the same time, you need something that fits with your budget.
In the world of graphic design tools, you do sometimes get what you pay for.
A more expensive monitor may deliver a better selection of features. There are budget-friendly alternatives out there too.
1.HP U28 4K HDR Monitor
- A CREATOR’S DREAM - Built with an IPS Panel and HDR, this 4k monitor delivers vivid, life-like content and an ultra-broad color range
- WIDER ANGLES - Create your sharpest content yet with 178° viewing angles on a 28-inch diagonal screen, bringing more detail into focus
- OPTIMIZE CREATIVITY - Experience more freedom in your designs with factory color calibration for accurate and vivid colors you can count on right out of the box
- BETTER COLOR GAMUT - Creator-focused color presets to adjust between color spaces for specific types of content, use the Design for Web preset for web creation and switch to Design for Photography for photo editing.
- MULTIPLE PORTS - Get access to multiple ports including a DisplayPort, HDMI port, three USB 3.0 ports, a headphone jack, and a USB-CⓇ port with 65w of charging to your laptop
- ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS - Designed with a small carbon footprint, the monitor has been built with enough recycled ocean-bound plastics to equal more than three 16 oz. recycled plastic water bottles;* we go even one step further and package the device in 100% recyclable material**
- SPRUCE UP YOUR DESK - Keep your workspace comfortable and clutter-free with full function adjustability and a single USB-CⓇ port for all your devices
- WARRANTY - Rest easy knowing that your purchase is backed up by HP standard 1-year limited warranty
The monitor’s 28-inch in-plane switching (IPS) panel offers 4K or UHD (3,840-by-2,160-pixel) resolution at a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. This resolution and screen size yield a very high pixel density—compared with either lower-resolution 27- or 28-inch screens or larger 4K displays—of 157 pixels per inch (ppi), which is more than enough for working with photos and other art. All else being equal, the higher the pixel density (how closely pixels are packed together), the sharper the image.
The U28 can display HDR video content, although the effect is relatively subtle. It’s a fine general-use panel that’s also fit for light content-creation work, though the competition in its market segment is stiff.
- 27” UltraFine UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Display
- VESA DisplayHDR 400
- USB-C with 60W Power Delivery
- SRGB 99% Color Gamut
- 3-Side Virtually Borderless Display with Height / Pivot / Tilt Adjustable Stand
Gaming with all features intact. That’s the LG 27UN850-W gaming monitor’s core proposition. It’s a 27-inch 4K monitor that not only offers HDR400 support, but also precise image quality thanks to its 4K native resolution and IPS panel. It also offers sleek styling and a feature set finely tuned for gaming and productivity.
Highlights here include USB-C connectivity complete with 60W device charging and 3-side virtually borderless display styling with heigh, swivel, pivot and tilt ergonomic adjustments.
3.Dell UltraSharp U2720Q
- Create an efficient workspace with the Dell UltraSharp U2720Q 27 inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) LED Backlit LCD IPS USB-C Monitor (7GZ651)
- Sleek design - 27 inch diagonal 4K UHD IPS screen with vibrant 3840 x 2160 resolution and thin profile that supports virtually seamless multi-display setups
- Exceptional visuals - see consistent, vibrant colors across a wide viewing angle enabled by In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology
- Experience simple, convenient connectivity - work with your most frequently-used devices with DisplayPort, HDMI, USB ports, and Audio Line out
- Display Features: Tilt, Swivel, Pivot, Vesa Mount Compatible, Anti-glare, USB Hub, LED Backlights, In Plane Switching, Security Lock Slot, Energy Star Certified, 99% sRGB color gamut
The U2720Q lies between basic 27-inch 4K displays and professional models geared to graphic-arts studios. In some ways, it’s akin to the Editors’ Choice Dell UltraSharp 27 4K PremierColor (UP2720Q). Both feature UHD resolution, as well as a similar design and feature set, and both emphasize color accuracy.
Think of the U2720Q as a productivity monitor for employees who need to work with photos and graphics now and then; the UP2720Q is a true professional monitor that includes a built-in calibration tool, which boosts its price considerably. The U2720Q is its “lite” alternative.
- 5 ms GTG response time makes it excellent for latest action films, sports or gaming
- 16:9 widescreen resolution perfect for watching movies, playing video games and getting on with office work
- LED backlight enhances display performance that delivers an outstanding color range and contrast ratios
- Furnishes captivating visuals with 250 Nit brightness levels
- HDMI interface allows you to connect to a variety of HD devices including gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, laptop PCs, digital cameras and many others for the ultimate true high-definition display
- DisplayPort interface that transmits both audio and video signals through a single connection to deliver versatile performance
- VESA mount compatibility allows you to mount the display on a wall or with a stand depending on your specific needs
Planar PXN2400 is a 24 ” HD IPS LED display with an ultra-slim, frameless look, modern design, wide viewing angle, multiple entrances and built-in TrueMedia speakers. PXN2400 Casing is ideal for home or office applications. The PXN2400 flat panel screen provides native HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The IPS panel has excellent viewing angles and virtually no color.
The combination of IPS technology and frameless design allows you to focus on content rather than frame. With three inputs (DP, HDMI, VGA) and built-in TrueMedia speakers, the Planar PXN2400 is ideal for a wide variety of applications. Flicker-free design and presets can reduce blue light, reduce eye strain and maintain visual comfort. LED backlight can reduce power consumption without affecting image quality.
- 24" Ultra slim profile
- Contemporary sleek metallic design
- Slim bezel with thin chassis. Power Range (V, A, Hz)- AC-DC Adapter Input 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1.0A (Max.) Output - 12V DC, 2.5A. Power Consumption (Typical)- 25.4W. Neck/Stand Detachable: Yes
- 2 x HDMI Ports (convertible to DVI).Contrast Ratio:1000 : 1
- VESA wall mount ready. HDMI Input Signal Support - 1920 x 1080 @ 75Hz, 1080/60p, 1080/60i, 720p, 480p, 480i, Built-in Speakers - 2 x 2W 8 Ohm.Mounting type: VESA Hole Pattern 100mm x 100mm
The Sceptre E248W-19203R is an excellent choice for budget buyers seeking a medium-size display that offers solid performance at a reasonable price. Its thin-bezel metallic design delivers a seamless viewing area that even permits for two or more monitors to be positioned side by side.
Designed for everyday tasks like web surfing, reading mail and watching online videos, the Sceptre E248W-19203R is a sleek-looking 24-inch monitor that uses Twisted-Nematic (TN) panel technology to deliver a sharp FHD picture with wide viewing angles and acceptable grayscale reproduction. For the price, it’s a good deal for a medium-screen display, but the HP VH240a offers better performance including an IPS panel, ergonomic adjustments (height, tilt and pivot), and more features for around the same money.
Best Budget Monitors for Graphic Design – Graphic design is more popular than ever, and there literally is no slowing down in sight. We honestly get it that most people have a specific budget in mind when shopping for a new graphic design monitor. That budget is usually about 500 dollars or less.