Best Cheap Dslr Monitors – Given that today’s DSLRs have excellent video capabilities, it makes sense to invest in a camera monitor.
After all, having a larger, more resolute screen on which to see your sequences will help you frame up the perfect video.
But don’t think field monitors are just for videography – the big, beautiful screens outlined below also come in handy for framing up perfectly-composed still images.
Pros & Cons
- Lilliput 668GL-70NP/H/Y 7" LED Field Monitor - 2200mAh/7.4V Li-ion Battery - Sun Shade - 12V1.5A DC Adapter - Remote Control - Manual - Shoe Mount - HDMI Cable - Lilliput 1 Year Limited Warranty
The Lilliput 668GL-70NP/H/Y is a capable option for improving your work productivity thanks to the vivid display quality. With the vivid liquid crystal technology on this computer monitor, you can take advantage of crisp, clear displays and its excellent space economy.
With the powerful controls included on the Lilliput 668GL-70NP/H/Y, you can tweak the color balance, brightness, and aspect ratio to perfection. Reap the benefits of greater visual enjoyment by taking advantage of the superior compact screen on this Lilliput monitor
. In addition, with the exceptional 800 x 480 display resolution found on this computer monitor, you can benefit from sharper office documents, videos, and spreadsheets. Be the envy of your friends with the Lilliput 668GL-70NP/H/Y and its sleek black body.
Pros & Cons
Straight out of the box, I was impressed by the build quality of the monitor. I’ve used (lets call them) budget monitors in the past and this way surpassed the design and construction of those.
All of the menu and function buttons are accessed by the top of the monitor, and there are three mounting points for the bracket arm, or if you choose to use a ball head. The menu is simple to navigate using the left/right/up/down buttons, although this could be somewhat larger on screen. The image quality is sharp, and the brightness can be adjusted to suit indoor and outdoor filming.
Pros & Cons
Portkeys BM5WR comes with a wireless control module specially designed to connect with RED Komodo wirelessly. The BM5WR with Camera Control maintains the same reliable BM5 clarity, vivid color details, and dynamic touch screen camera control.
Portkeys BM5WR offers a 2200nit ultra-high brightness 5.5-inch display with a clear resolution, excellent color, and contrast, and precise image control.
Pros & Cons
- Equipped with a 4K HDMI input and output interface, and features standard 1/4" mount points for attaching it to cameras and rigs. The external 1/4 screw design is used to make the monitor lighter and thinner.
- Includes powerful focus and exposure tools that help you get the best shots. Focus peaking indicators can be displayed as red, green or blue overlays that indicate exactly which parts of the image are in focus. And false color tools make it easy to properly set exposure.
- Has a 12V DC input on the side for continuous power and space for a battery plate on the back for a compatible rechargeable battery. Supports F970 (standard), D28S/D54, LP-E6 and U60 battery plate of your choice.
- Housed in an aircraft grade aluminum unibody, both durable and functional, to expedite the heat dissipation rate and improve the anti-interference capability.
- Monitor includes: Mini HDMI cable, sunshade, cold shoe mount, L-Series type battery plate, 1/4"-20 Screw Lock and a limited 1-year warranty from FEELWORLD.
The screen is excellent and very clear image. Nice addition to my rig!!! Perfect size. Not too heavy when mounted with my gimbal. I can confidently see my focus now! Never cuts out even when shooting 4K 60fps. Very happy with this 4K/1080.
This an affordable dslr monitor that does the job very well , and I like the fact that it is small. Really can’t beat for the price. Zebras can be set to almost mimick the zebras on my camera. Great little monitor. There are some quirks but you get over them quick and shooting is a breeze. Image is nice and sharp. Perfect monitor for the price! Very good monitor. Very accurace. It’s made of metal, and very robust Cage.
Pros & Cons
- 7" 1920 x 1200 Touchscreen LCD
- HDMI and 12G-SDI Video Inputs & Outputs
- Record up to DCI or UHD 4K HDR Video
- 10-Bit, 4:2:2 ProRes & DNxHD Encoding
The original Blackmagic Design 7-inch Video Assist 4K is one of my all-time favorite monitors/recorders. The main reason I like it so much? The Video Assist 4K can record from either an SDI or HDMI source to ProRes HQ in 10bit color.
The only down-side of the original design was the screen brightness; it was in no way bright enough for day-light viewing. Now, Blackmagic Design has a whole new 12G Video Assist 7-inch and 5-inch 10bit color monitor/record with a much, much brighter screen.
Best Cheap Dslr Monitors – The question, of course, is what are the best DSLR monitors? Let’s find out! We have a great article about best DSLR camera too on our website PhotographyTalk.com.