Best Computer Monitors – Our recommendations are based on what we think are the best computer monitors currently available. They are adapted to be valid for most people, in each price range. Rating is based on our review, factoring in price and feedback from our visitors.
If you would prefer to make your own decision, here is the list of all of our monitor reviews. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. Most monitors are good enough to please most people, and the things we fault monitors on are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
1.LG 32UD60-B 4K UHD
- 32 Inches Class UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) Display (31.5 Inches screen size)
- DCI P3 95 percent Color Gamut
- AMD FreeSync Technology
- Height Adjustable Stand
- On Screen Control with Screen Split. No USB Type C connectivity
At 32 inches, this is a large monitor, but thanks to its thin bezels surrounding the screen, the actual footprint isn’t that big, so it doesn’t feel inordinate on your desk. The adjustable stand is easy to put together, supports height and swivel adjustments but lacks tilt adjustment. There’s a cable notch at the back of the curved stand, allowing for routing your cables without causing a mess of your desk space.
On the LG 32UD60-B, connectivity options are scarce, but acceptable for the work environment. All ports are located around the back, where you have an HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 and a 3.5mm audio port. With HDMI 2.0 you can now use HDMI to display 4K visual at 60Hz, meaning you can plug a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X into the monitor and use it as a main display.
2.SAMSUNG Odyssey G7
- UNMATCHED IMMERSION: Get your head in the game with Odyssey’s 1000R panel, which matches the curvature of the human eye for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain. Set with Stand (inches)-27.96 x 23.41 x 12.04
- WQHD RESOLUTION: Make your gaming world, more lifelike than ever before. Packing in 1. 7 times the pixel density of Full HD, WQHD resolution boasts incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images. Experience a fuller view with more space to take in all the action.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC & FREESYNC: Dropping frames means dropping chances to put your enemy in the dirt. With NVIDIA G-SYNC and FreeSync Premium Pro support, Odyssey matches every frame from your graphics card, so you’re never caught short from moment to moment.
- RAPID 240hz REFRESH RATE: Topping leaderboards never looked or felt so smooth. With Odyssey’s rapid 240hz refresh rate, you have up to four times as many frames displayed on screen every second compared to a traditional screen.
- INFINITY CORE LIGHTING: Odyssey’s Infinity Core is a striking addition to any desktop, matching world firsts in technology, with stunning visual design.
- LIGHTNING FAST 1ms RESPONSE TIMES: A fraction of a second can be the difference between your destruction, or your enemy’s. With Odyssey’s grey to grey 1ms response time, you can be sure that you’re receiving information as fast as technologically possible.
- CUTTING EDGE QLED TECHNOLOGY: From deepest blacks to vivid colors, Samsung QLED ensures pixel perfect picture quality with every frame. Utilizing Quantum Dot technology, Samsung QLED creates more vivid colors with 125% more color space compared to sRGB, ensuring the highest class of color reproduction.
- FIND HIDDEN DEPTH WITH HDR 600 : From damp and dark corridors, to sunlit alien vistas, Odyssey’s HDR 600 brings incredible depth to the worlds you choose to explore, revealing the smallest hidden details so you don’t miss a thing.
The Samsung Odyssey G7 is amazing for gaming. It has a native 240Hz refresh rate, FreeSync support, and it’s compatible with NVIDIA’s G-SYNC. The response time at its max refresh rate and at 60Hz are both outstanding, resulting in minimal blur.
Its narrow viewing angles make it less ideal for co-op gaming, but luckily, it displays deep blacks if you want to game in the dark. We received reports of the backlight flickering with VRR enabled, but we didn’t notice any flicker; rather the screen dims when a certain image is displayed full-screen.
The Dell S3220DGF is an impressive 1440p gaming monitor. It has a curved design and it doesn’t take up much room, even with the support stand attached. Gaming feels responsive due to the fast refresh rate and low input lag. Also, the native FreeSync support should help reduce any screen tearing.
It can display deep blacks in a dimly lit room thanks to its VA panel’s high contrast ratio. That said, its viewing angles are inadequate, which means that images look washed out when viewed from the side. It has decent reflection handling and okay peak brightness, making it suitable for a moderately-lit room, but visibility can be an issue if there’s direct light.
4.ASUS ProArt PA32UCX-PK
- 32-inch 4K HDR display features 1,152-zone mini-LED backlight with 1,200 cd/m2 peak brightness and rich in connectivity ports, including Thunderbolt 3 USB-C x2 (In x1, Out x1), HDMI (v2.0b) x3, DisplayPort 1.2
- ASUS Off-Axis Contrast Optimization technology reduces halo effects by 80% and provides a 7X contrast-ratio enhancement for dark parts of the image when viewing the screen from an angle
- True 10 bit color with Quantum-dot technology provides 89% Rec. 2020, 99.5% Adobe RGB, 99% DCI-P3 and 100% sRGB color space for exceptional color fidelity
- Support multiple HDR formats (Dolby Vision, HDR-10, HLG) presents lifelike experience and flexibility
- World-leading delta-E (∆E)
- ASUS Eye Care technology features TÜV Low Blue Light and TÜV Flicker Free certification to reduce eye fatigue associated with extended viewing
- X-rite i1 Display Pro calibrator included
We originally published our Asus ProArt PA32UCX review on November 4, 2019, and at the time it was the only mini-LED monitor out there. However, CES 2020 in January brought promise of numerous additional monitors using this technology, namely the Asus ROG Swift PG32UQX, Acer Predator X32 and Lenovo ThinkVision Creator Extreme. MSI is even launching its Creator 17 laptop with mini-LED this month.
The upcoming Asus and Acer monitors should be cheaper than our review subject since they target gaming, and the smaller Lenovo screen and MSI laptop, naturally, will also be lower-priced. The ProArt PA32UCX is still at the same price as when we reviewed it. This review was conducted before these was such strong promise of more mini-LED PC consumer displays in the near future.
5.Alienware 55 OLED
- GAMING HAS NEVER LOOKED GREATER: Unparalleled visuals: OLED displays deliver astonishing image quality that drops you directly in the game and takes you to new depths previously unexplored. Infinite contrast: Because OLED displays feature individual pixel lighting and a practically infinite contrast ratio, the Alienware 55 OLED Gaming Monitor achieves “true black” for significantly higher contrast, allowing gameplay to come alive in breathtaking detail. Colossal color: A cinematic-quality, wid
- A HIGHER STATE OF SPEED: 120Hz refresh rate: React with split-second decisiveness thanks to a blazing-fast 120Hz refresh rate at 4k resolution. Seamless graphics: AMD Radeon FreeSync and G-Sync compatibility eliminate screen tearing, ensuring a fluid experience in image and gameplay. Low input latency: Thanks to low latency, it takes less time to process changes on screen, ensuring images are quickly and clearly displayed and gameplay feels more responsive. Blazing-fast response time: An im
- LEGENDARY DESIGN: In a return to form, Alienware has unveiled our new Legend ID—a bolder, sculpted expression of our brand. Engineered with this iconic design, the Alienware 55 OLED Gaming Monitor introduces a new interstellar look to gaming monitors that no one else can match. Additionally, AlienFX allows for customizable lighting responsiveness, adding to the immersion and overall ambiance of every gaming experience. As an added bonus, the ambient reflective lighting was designed to complemen
- A BEAST TO BEHOLD: After meticulous research of large and oversized gaming displays, we determined 55 inches was ideal for gamers seeking massive screen size and incomparable immersion. Ideal for gamers used to playing on a console, or those looking to replace their dual-screen setup with one massive display, you can play games full screen or keep your other applications handy and accessible.
- ADDITIONAL GAME-ENHANCING FEATURES: Gamer-centric OSD: The Alienware 55 OLED Gaming Monitor comes with a unique, customizable on-screen display, designed to help improve performance and provide in-game tools. A wide array of ports allow for multiple peripherals—even other gaming devices—to be hooked up to your 55” OLED gaming monitor, making it ideal for cross-platform players. Easily change settings or flip through other inputs while lounging in your gaming den with the ultra-convenient remo
If you’re going to enter the market as the first OLED gaming monitor ever made, you might as well break in big, right? The Alienware 55 OLED Gaming Display is a 55-inch 120Hz FreeSync gaming monitor that seeks to bring the ultra-dark blacks of OLED technology into the gaming dens of hardcore players and the living rooms of console casuals alike.
The 3,840-by-2160-pixel ultra-high-definition 4K display uses an OLED panel, a first in the world of gaming monitors (and also, possibly, the last, but more on that in a bit).
Best Computer Monitors – It can be hard to choose the best monitor for your needs, as they vary significantly in size, shape, and performance. There are different types of monitors depending on the desired use, and there’s no catch-all monitor that is perfect for everyone. However, some monitors are more versatile than others.