Best Curved Monitors – Our recommendations are based on what we think are the best curved monitors currently available. They’re adapted to be valid for most people, in each price range. Rating is based on our review, factoring in price, and feedback from our visitors.
If you would prefer to make your own decision, here is the list of all of our curved monitor reviews. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. Most monitors are good enough to please most people, and the things we fault monitors on are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
1.Pixio PX279 Prime
Pros & Cons
- 27 inch FHD 1920 x 1080p Resolution IPS HDR Professional Esports Gaming Monitor
- IPS Panel, HDR Ready and 400nit Brightness for rich and detailed contrasts
- 240Hz Refresh Rate, 1ms (GTG) Response Time, AMD Radeon FreeSync (Range: 48-240Hz), Flicker Free, Low Blue Light & G-Sync Compatible
- CONNECTIVITY: 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x HDMI 1.4,
- Compatible with Console & PC platforms. Includes Displayport Cable, power cable and stand.
Of late, there has been no letup in the refresh rate battle. Though 144 Hz gaming monitors are almost a dime a dozen, there are plenty of faster screens to be had too. 240 Hz displays are becoming commonplace, and the bleeding edge is now at 360 Hz.
When the word “commonplace” creeps into the narrative, it brings an inevitable drop in prices. More competition equals better value. Pixio embraces this economic inevitability with a host of high-performance panels that sell for reasonable money while competing with some of the best gaming monitors specs-wise. The Pixio PX279 Prime targets speed demons with its 240 Hz refresh rate, 1080p resolution and Adaptive-Sync in an IPS panel for under low price.
2.ASUS 24″ 1080P
Pros & Cons
- 24 inch Full HD (1920x1080) display with an overclockable 165Hz (supports 144Hz) rapid refresh rate and 0.5ms (GTG) response time
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology removes stutter and screen tearing for the smoothest gaming experience
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Flexible connectivity with HDMI (v1 4) DisplayPort 1.2 and Dual-link DVI-D ports
- Ergonomically-designed stand with tilt swivel pivot height adjustment plus wall-mount capability for ultimate viewing comfort
- Exclusive GameVisual & Gameplus functions to enhance color performance and control
The ASUS VG248QE is one of the most popular and top-rated 24″ 1080p 144Hz 1ms gaming monitors. However, there are better and more affordable alternatives available.
The ASUS VG248QE response time speed amounts to only 1ms, which is quick enough to eliminate almost all visible ghosting and trailing of fast-moving objects in video games.
While the viewing angles of 170/160 degrees cause the image to degrade in color and contrast when you are looking at the screen from skewed angles, the image will stay intact as long as you’re sitting directly in front of it.
3.Alienware 25 AW2521HF
Pros & Cons
- LIGHTENING FAST: An incredibly fast 240Hz refresh rate allows for fast-moving visuals to be seen with outstanding clarity so you can react quicker to in-game situations
- ACCELERATE YOUR REACTIONS: A 1ms GtG (Gray to Gray) response time allows for consistently smooth performance during intense, high-speed gameplay and eliminates motion blur
- TRUE COLORS, REAL SPEED: New, fast IPS technology helps maintain image clarity from every angle of the screen. Plus, with up to 99% sRGB color coverage, you have a wide array of colors in your arsenal
- EMPHASIZE EVERY DETAIL: AMD FreeSync Premium and NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible technology synchronizes the graphics and gaming monitor, so you get epic, tear-free images that don't slow down your gameplay
- STAY COOL UNDER PRESSURE: The unique cooling and venting design at the top, bottom and rear side of the monitor provides an optimized ventilation system, keeping your gaming monitor cool during the most intense of battles
Speed is key for gaming monitors, and the Alienware 25 is among the fastest we’ve seen yet, in terms of input lag and refresh rate. This 25-inch 1080p monitor boasts an input-lag measure of just a millisecond at its peak refresh, which helps justify its list price.
(It’s often discounted a fair bit on Dell.com.) Plus, the panel’s 240Hz refresh rate will please all but the most discriminating esports types, who will thrill to its fluidity for fast-twitch action games. Its color performance (notably, for movies) doesn’t impress, and its G-Sync Compatible adaptive-sync feature didn’t prove quite as silky-smooth as native G-Sync can be. But for the Alienware-loyal and the frame-rate-obsessed, it’s got the goods.
4.ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM
Pros & Cons
- 27-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Fast IPS gaming monitor with ultrafast 280Hz refresh rate (overclocked) designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- Aspect Ratio is 16:9; Viewing Angle (CR≧10) is 178°/ 178°; Brightness (Typ) is 400cd/㎡
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology enables ELMB together with G-SYNC Compatible, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- Certified as G-SYNC Compatible, delivering a seamless, tear-free gaming experience by enabling VRR (variable refresh rate) by default
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology with professional color gamut delivers contrast and color performance that meets the DisplayHDR 400 certification
- Connectivity ports include DisplayPort 1. 2 and HDMI(v2. 0) x2
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM is an excellent gaming monitor. The 280Hz refresh rate delivers exceptional motion handling, with extremely fast response time, low input lag, and an optional black frame insertion feature. Unlike most monitors on the market, the black frame insertion feature can even be used simultaneously with the variable refresh rate feature.
Like most of ASUS’ TUF lineup, it also has outstanding ergonomics, a simple design, and great build quality. It’s a great monitor for most uses, but the low-resolution screen might disappoint some users, as it’s not as good for office use or for multitasking, but overall, this is a great monitor for any usage. Unfortunately, it’s not a good choice for console gamers, as it has an extremely high input lag at 60Hz.
5.Sceptre IPS 27-Inch
Pros & Cons
- Wide Viewing Angles: Wide viewing angles keep all the action sharply in sight from almost any viewing position while gaming on large monitors or dual-display setup.
- Fast Response Time: Playing fast action games and watching action adventure movies always require fast and accurate pixel response from an LED. With quick response times, ghosting and blurring are reduced so the user can enjoy the display with clarity and precision.
- Multiple Ports: Two HDMI ports and one VGA port provide up to 75HZ refresh rate, refining picture clarity in all action-packed gaming sequences and graphic design projects. Audio In and a Headphone Jack provide diverse audio options.
- Edgeless Design: Edgeless Design completely immerses you in all the captivating action and wondrous scenery that 1080P resolution and 75Hz refresh rate have to offer.
- 99% sRGB Color Gamut: With 99% sRGB, our display reveals an astonishing brightness and variance in red, green, and blue color across a wide gamut, providing a more defined and naturalistic display of color in every image.
- Blue Light Shift: Reduce your monitors blue light to protect you from eye fatigue, irritation and strains. This enables you to work on your documents, watch movies, or play games more comfortably for extended periods.
- Anti-Flicker: Provides a crisper picture by preventing the backlight from flickering periodically.
High quality graphics are super important when you’re playing and the gaming monitors sometimes sold with PCs are pretty rubbish. You may also want to use a monitor alongside a gaming laptop.
The display size, also known as viewable image size (VIS) is the physical size of the area where videos are displayed – not the monitor case itself. The size of a screen is the length of its diagonal, which is the distance between opposite corners, usually in inches. Check our compare monitors page to see other monitors this size at a larger range of prices.
When it comes to the all important specs the max screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels, the refresh rate is 75 Hz. This is a 1080p Sceptre monitor and can run at 75 Hz.
Best Curved Monitors – It has very good picture quality thanks to its 1440p resolution, with good out-of-the-box color accuracy and an outstanding SDR color gamut. It also feels very well-built, but its aggressive 1000R curve might take you some time to get used to.