Best Gaming Monitors for Destiny – The long awaited Destiny 2 is out, and it is BEAUTIFUL. Destiny 2 is the mature, polished version of its predecessor. Bungie listened to their fans and have created a truly great game. There is no doubt that Destiny 2 will go down as a classic. Of course you know this! You’re loving the game and searching for the Best Destiny Monitor! Destiny 2 is begging to be played on a monitor that will showcase it’s gorgeous looks, but will also keep up with all the running and gunning you’ll be doing. You’ve come to the right spot. We will overview two monitors, and let you decide what’s best for you.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.ASUS VN279Q 27″
- Super narrow bezel design measuring 8 mm ideal for multi-screen solution;KENSINGTON Security Lock
- ASUS Eye care technology with Flicker free for less Eye fatigue. MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) for Enhanced Viewing from Mobile to Monitor
The Asus VN279Q is simple, but impactful: Great visuals, slim design, has eye protection features such as being flicker-free, and has built-in speakers. There are integrated technologies such as GamePlus and Splendid Video Intelligence Technology that can also offer things such as video performance optimization.
Sometimes, simplicity is one of the better options to solve a problem. Plenty of monitors are readily available for the nearest niched computer enthusiast while companies such as Asus have been able to assemble something with a more universal appeal. While it’s the very last monitor mentioned in the Best 27 Inch Monitor buying guide, the Asus VN279Q can be just what a user needs to complete multiple tasks fast.back to menu ↑
2.ASUS VP249QGR 23.8”
- 23. 8 inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel
- Up to 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync ) technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback
Additionally, the monitor has a color gamut of 72% NTSC, which is equivalent to ~99% sRGB. In other words, the colors are accurate, consistent and vivid.
Out of the box, you may want to make some picture adjustments by using this website as a reference.
Here’s the kicker: the 1080p resolution looks crisp and sharp on the 23.8″ viewable screen of the ASUS VP249QGR. You get a decent pixel density while the resolution is not too demanding, allowing you to maintain high frame rates even with entry-level gaming GPUs easily.back to menu ↑
3.ASUS TUF Gaming 27″
- 27 inch WQHD (2560x1440) IPS gaming monitor with 1ms (MPRT) response time 165Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) and G-SYNC compatibility for a tear-free experience
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB Sync) Technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together with Adaptive-Sync eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ1B is a great gaming monitor. It’s packed with features most gamers should enjoy, like FreeSync variable refresh rate (VRR) support and G-SYNC compatibility. It also has an incredibly low input lag and a decent response time, but you may notice some motion blur with fast-moving content in dark scenes. Luckily, it has a Black Frame Insertion feature that helps improve the appearance of motion.
It has a VA panel with a great contrast ratio, making it ideal for dark-room gaming, but it has narrow viewing angles and the image looks washed out when viewing from the sides. The ergonomics are also bad, so it may be difficult to place in an ideal viewing position. Lastly, it performs well in bright rooms thanks to its good reflection handling and high peak brightness.back to menu ↑
4.ASUS ROG Strix XG279Q
- 27-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) Fast IPS gaming monitor with 1ms (GTG) response time and ultrafast 170Hz refresh rate (overclocked) designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology enables ELMB together with G-SYNC Compatible, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
The ASUS ROG Strix XG279Q is an excellent gaming monitor packed with extra features. It has Adaptive Sync variable refresh rate (VRR) support that provides both FreeSync and G-SYNC compatibility to reduce screen tearing. Its native 144Hz refresh rate can be overclocked to 170Hz, its response time is remarkable, and it has low input lag, but it increases significantly at 60Hz.
The Black Frame Insertion (BFI) feature can be used with VRR enabled, which is a nice addition. The IPS panel offers wide viewing angles, but it has a low contrast ratio and bad black uniformity, so it’s not an ideal choice for use in dark rooms. Lastly, it meets its advertised DisplayHDR 400 standards, as it displays a wide color gamut and has decent peak brightness in HDR.back to menu ↑
5.ASUS ROG Swift PG27VQ
- 27" WQHD (2560x1440p) 1800R curved panel with a 1ms response time and overclocked refresh rate up to 165Hz embraces ROG standards and design
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting provides a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of ASUS Aura Sync enabled product
When you combine such quick response time, high refresh rate, and low input lag, you get a display that’s fit for professional competitive gaming.
However, since 1440p is more demanding to drive than 1080p, you will get less FPS (Frames Per Second) but better image quality, which is why many serious competitive gamers opt for 1080p 240Hz displays instead.
The ASUS PG27VQ curved gaming monitor also supports NVIDIA G-SYNC, which provides a variable refresh rate (VRR) for compatible cards. This technology allows the monitor to change its refresh rate dynamically, according to the GPU’s frame rates.back to menu ↑
Best Gaming Monitors for Destiny – PC gamers are notorious from spending lots of time and money on their graphics card, but without a quality monitor they won’t be getting the full use out of their GPU. One of the best qualities of a monitor is that their life span last much longer than other components in a computer. With this long-life it’s important to purchase a monitor that you will be happy with for a long time. Choose wisely!