Best Mini Monitors – Our recommendations are based on what we think are the best monitors for a Mac Mini or a Mac that are currently available. They are adapted to be valid for most people, in each price range. Rating is based on our review, factoring in price and feedback from our visitors.
If you would prefer to make your own decision, here is the list of all of our monitor reviews. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. Most monitors are good enough to please most people, and the things we fault monitors on are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- 15.6 inch Full HD portable USB powered monitor with a single USB 3.0 cable for power and data transmission
- World’s slimmest and lightest USB monitor with a sleek and metallic finishIt needs just 1 USB cable for both its video signal and power to deliver up to a Full HD resolution
ASUS, also known as AsusTek, was founded in Taiwan in 1989. They make a wide range of electronics, including laptops, smartphones, displays, computer components, and more. Although much of their focus is on gaming monitors, they also make monitors for office use and creative professionals at varying price points.
Their gaming monitors are often among the best on the market, as they make some of the highest refresh monitors available, with recent releases going as high as 360Hz. We’ve tested over 15 ASUS monitors, and below are our recommendations for the three best ASUS monitors you can buy.back to menu ↑
- **USB-C DP Alt Mode on host device is REQUIRED, there is NO HDMI input on this monitor** Please check with your device manufacturer if it supports DisplayPort Alternative Mode. Please install DisplayLink software to use.
- AOC 16-inch class (15.6” viewable) USB-C portable monitor with IPS screen and full HD 1080P (1920x1080) resolution
You need not be limited by your laptop’s single small screen if you’re drafting a proposal in your hotel room or presenting to a small group anymore: The age of the truly mobile monitor is here. You can boost your screen area with a portable display such as the AOC I1601FWUX USB-C Portable Monitor , a 15.6-inch 1080p monitor that weighs less than two pounds and rests on a sturdy, foldable stand.
Note that I1601FWUX is best for business use rather than entertainment, because its colors are on the dull side. Also, it connects via USB-C only, and your laptop’s USB-C port needs to support the DisplayPort-over-USB protocol. But if your laptop fits the profile, it’s a sleek second-screen solution, requiring just that single cable connection for signal and power.back to menu ↑
- PORTABLE MONITOR: 15. 6", 1080P Full HD, IPS monitor with HDMI, VGA, USB inputs
- LIGHTWEIGHT: monitor weights only 798g with 1. 1cm in thickness
If I was to tell you that today we were going to take a closer look at a 1080p monitor with a 60Hz refresh rate, and a response time of 12.5ms, you’d be pretty underwhelmed… right? However, if I was to tell you that with a screen size of 15.6”, this was a portable monitor, which promises a variety of uses, then maybe it just gets a little more interesting!
What we have today is the On-Lap 1503H from GeChic, and this is exactly the product I have been looking for. Read on to find out why.back to menu ↑
- RESOLUTION & PANEL — 23.8-inch Full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p at 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare matte IPS LED-backlit panel (2 million pixels, 16.7 million colors)
- RESPONSE TIME — 5ms with overdrive for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur
Based on an IPS panel, the HP VH240a monitor provides wide 178-degree viewing angles meaning that the picture won’t shift in color and contrast when you look at it from skewed angles.
The monitor supports 8-bit color depth via dithering (6-bit + 2-bit FRC) for 16.7 million colors and covers the basic sRGB color space, i.e., 72% NTSC (~100% sRGB).
However, it’s not factory-calibrated, so you will need to make some alterations to get the best image quality possible out of this monitor. We recommend this website for calibration.back to menu ↑
- 1. 【13.3" Monitor】Elecrow 13.3-inch portable monitor features an IPS screen with a resolution of 1920x1080, brings clear and beautiful color images, and a wide viewing angle. It is extremely lightweight at only 1.41 lbs and with durable aluminum material design.
- 2. 【Compatible Multiple Devices】This HDMI portable monitor can work is compatible with most devices that has an HDMI output like Windows PC, Raspberry Pi, game console.
The Elecrow 13.3 Inch portable monitor is a great choice for gaming because it has full HD resolution 1920 by 1080 and a full response time of only 5 milliseconds. The fastest so far this monitor features several different ports USB and HDMI ports as well as an earphone jack 3.5 millimeter and a separate power port.
So, it is slightly less portable than a monitor that works with just one cable but that also means that it is compatible with basically any device that has an HDMI output Windows Mac Linux ps4 Xbox. You name it overall this is a good monitor if you’re looking for something smaller you will have an excellent image quality it is easy to set up because you don’t have to install any drivers and it’s not heavy at all plus it’s under 150 dollars so it’s pretty much a bargain.back to menu ↑
Best Mini Monitors – So, if you are frustrated working on the go (even if you have a great travel laptop) then you are in for a treat. I have spent a few hours or looking for the best portable monitors for your laptop to make your life and work on the go oh so much easier. (You’ll love it when you can fit it in your luggage!)
First, I’ll show you what makes a good portable monitor, and then we’ll check out the best ones that are currently available. Whether you use it as your primary monitor or a handy secondary portable monitor is up to you.