Best Monitors for Animation – Everyone has their own preferences and requirements. Some artists want tablets powered by USB, others are fine with DC wall power. Some artists want a portable tablet while others only want to animate at home.
For all these cases I generally recommend the Artisul D13 because it’s small enough to be portable yet powerful enough to let you create awesome hand-drawn animation. Plus it’s cheaper than a Cintiq so it might work better for the starving artist who doesn’t have much to invest into new equipment.
1.Acer XFA240 bmjdpr
- 24 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen TN G SYNC compatible display
- 144 hertz refresh rate using display port | Response time: 1ms. Input voltage: 120 volt AC, 230 volt AC
- Height, pivot, swivel and tilt | viewing angles: 170° horizontal and 160° vertical
- 2 x 2 watt speakers | panel type: TN | colors supported: 16.7 million | brightness: 350 nit
- Signal inputs: 1 x Display port (V1. 2), 1 x HDMI/MHL and 1 x DVI
- Mounting type: VESA mounting compatible (100 x 100 millimeter)
- These monitors are FreeSync monitors that also support G-Sync compatibility
The Acer XFA240 input lag amounts to ~6ms, which is fit for professional gameplay as there’s no perceptible delay between your commands and the result on the display.
Note that the backlight of the monitor is flicker-free as it doesn’t use PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation) to regulate brightness, so you don’t have to worry about headaches if you’re sensitive to flickering.
There’s also a low-blue light filter, which, when enabled, removes the harmful blue lights and prevents eye strain.
If you have an Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync) compatible graphics card, you’ll be able to use the full potential of the Acer XFA240 144Hz gaming monitor.
2.Acer XF 24in
- 16:9 widescreen resolution perfect for watching movies, playing video games and getting on with office work.
- LED response time eliminates ghosting for crisp and superb rendered action sequences.
- 24in screen size with 1920x1080 resolution provides a native display of a Full HD video sources without any degradation due to down-sampling technologies.
- Features HDMI input to get connected with the top of the line PCs, Blu-ray players, and cutting edge gaming consoles.
This monitor hails from the Acer XF series designed to bring a revolutionary change in the gaming monitor market specially with the price tag. These monitors are testimony to the claim that gaming monitors can be had for cheaper than people actually think. This series has several different monitors ranging in many sizes as well as many features.
However, here in this Acer XF UM.FX0AA.001 review we will talk about what separates this monitor from the rest and if this monitor really is a great bargain. One thing is clear; however, for a gaming monitor, this really has one of the best price tag without any doubt.
3.BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P
- Lightning-fast 144 Hz refresh rate performance for a smooth PC gaming experience over DisplayPort or DVI-D
- ATTENTION: HDMI only outputs 60Hz max; NOT COMPATIBLE with PS5 / XBox Series X/5 at 120Hz; Please check out the XL2411K for full 120Hz compatibility
- 1ms Response Time (GTG) to eliminate ghosting and lag, providing the optimal gaming experience. Dimensions (HxWxD mm)- 559 (Hightest) / 429 (Lowest) x 570 x 219; Dimensions with wall mount (HxWxD mm) (w/o Base)- 347x570x59.97
- Exclusive Color Vibrance and Black eQualizer technology to enhance visual clarity and customized color settings, giving players the advantage on the battlefield
- Multiple connectivity options featuring DisplayPort, Dual-Link DVI-D to reach 144Hz, HDMI and Headphone/Microphone Jack input
- Package includes: a power cable (1.8m) and a Display Port cable (1.8m)
- Warranty: 3 years
The BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P is an okay monitor for most uses. It’s a great gaming monitor, with low input lag and a fast response time. The screen is a bit small, though, and the 1080p native resolution isn’t great for multitasking in an office or for media creation. It doesn’t support HDR, the image degrades when viewed at an angle, and it has terrible black uniformity.
This monitor has good peak brightness and good reflection handling, so glare shouldn’t be an issue in a bright room. Unfortunately, it has terrible black uniformity, and like all TN monitors the image degrades when viewed at an angle.
4.MSI Full HD Non-Glare
- Curved Gaming display – The best gameplay immersion
- FHD High Resolution - Game titles will even look better, displaying more details due to the FHD resolution
- True colors – DCI-P3 90% & sRGB 115%
- 1ms response time - eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates
- AMD FreeSync – prevent screen tearing
When it comes to the all important specs the max screen resolution is 2560 x 1080 pixels, the refresh rate is 200 Hz, and the response time is 1 ms. This is a 1080p MSI monitor and can run at 200 Hz.
This gaming monitor weighs 19 lbs – important to know if you’re taking it to live events or college. The color of this monitor is Black.
PCGameBenchmark ratings are built up from the scores of the Amazon community, to show the most important aspects of a PC gaming monitor. We merge those scores to create a percentage rating. On brightness this monitor scored a 3.3/5, sheerness 3.2/5, for gaming 3.1/5, picture quality 3.0/5 and on thickness 3.0/5. That makes an aggregate score of 62%.
- Must be used with a computer. Compatible with Mac and Windows. Requires HDMI output port & USB port. Comes with 1-year limited warranty.
- Full HD Resolution (1920 x 1080). Add the D13 S Combo to your computer workflow.
- 8192 pen pressure allows for smooth and artistic brush strokes. Custom calibrate with the driver. Tablet driver is regularly updated for latest computer versions and user feedback.
- Customize your workflow with 6 FastAccess Buttons and scrolling QuickDial.
- The ergonomic and dynamic Freestyle Stand allows for an array of working angles for the D13.
Artisul D13 is the latest pen digitizer display from the Taiwan-based company UC Logic. A pen digitizer display is a monitor that you can draw on.
The pen digitizer display market space is getting more competitive every year. That’s good news for digital artists because competition improves products and also keeps prices competitive.
The Artisul D13 with 13.3-inch screen competes with the Wacom 13HD which has been out since 2013 and the Bosto 14WX from 2015.
UC Logic’s technology has been used by other companies to manufacture pen digitizer displays for years, so they aren’t exactly a newcomer.
The unit I’m reviewing is on loan from Artisul. I’ve used it for several weeks on Windows 10, and Mac OS 10.9.5 & 10.10.5.
Best Monitors for Animation – Both 2D and 3D animators need a great tablet for drawing storyboards, sketching characters, creating backgrounds, and animating frames right on the screen.
But not all tablets are created equal and some work better for animation than others.
The best drawing tablet digital animators is the Artisul D13 tablet for its clean design and simple features. The price tag is very reasonable considering this is basically a Cintiq alternative.