Best Monitors for Graphic Design and Photography – As a designer, the most important things to look for in a monitor are size, resolution, and color accuracy. Now that it is 2021 there is no reason you should buy a 1080p resolution. Ideally, get a 4k monitor or at least a 1440p screen.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.Asus ProArt PA329C
- 32-Inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution display with DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI (V2.0) x3, USB Type-C
- 100% Adobe RGB and 100% RGB true Color reproduction, factory pre calibrated for outstanding color accuracy (Delta). supports 98% DCI-P3 and 84% rec. 2020 color standards
ASUS ProArt PA329C 32″ 16:9 4K HDR IPS Display features wide and accurate color coverage and an expansive 32″ screen for multitasking. Moreover, it’s built with an IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel, which has a 3840 x 2160 4K resolution along with wide 178° viewing angles.
A VESA DisplayHDR certification also ensures a peak brightness of 600 cd/m² for viewing HDR content. Connectivity option include HDMI, DisplayPort, USB Type-C, and it has a built-in USB hub for your convenience. Once it’s connected, users can adjust its versatile stand to best fit their viewing preferences, or install and optional VESA compatible mount, stand, or arm if needed.back to menu ↑
- 31.5” 4K UHD (3840x2160) monitor 4ms (GTG) response time with a wide 178° viewing angle complemented by a super narrow bezel design
- Adaptive-sync/free Sync technology to eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates. Compliance and Standards-Energy Star, CB, J-MOSS, PSE, RoHS, VCCI, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7), MEPS, RCM, TUV Flicker-free , TUV Low Blue Light, PC recycle
The Asus ROG Swift PG32UQX is a latest generation, true HDR monitor that we’ve been waiting a long time to finally test and review. The PG32UQX is one of the first ever 32-inch 4K 144Hz monitors — bringing decent gaming specs to a larger screen size — and is one of the very few gaming monitors on the market with a mini-LED full array local dimming backlight, giving it proper HDR credentials.
This is one of those displays that is a true flagship, with Asus going all out in basically every area they could. It’s a G-Sync Ultimate display that uses Nvidia’s G-Sync processor, bringing with it features like variable overdrive, although as it’s the latest generation of module it also works perfectly with AMD GPUs even with adaptive sync enabled. It uses a Quantum Dot enhanced LCD panel with 98% DCI-P3 gamut coverage.
It’s DisplayHDR 1400 certified, meaning peak brightness up to a whopping 1400 nits in the HDR mode, and features 1152 backlighting zones. And it uses an IPS panel with a nice flat screen.back to menu ↑
- 27 inch QHD (2560 X 1440) IPS display
- IPS 1ms response time & 144Hz refresh rate
The LG 27GL83A-B is a great monitor for gaming. It has an extremely low input lag and an outstanding response time, resulting in clear motion with little blur behind fast-moving objects. It supports FreeSync variable refresh rate technology (VRR), but it’s also certified by NVIDIA to support VRR from recent NVIDIA cards. On the downside, it may be difficult to place it comfortably due to its lack of swivel and limited ergonomics.
As a more budget-oriented model, it has a pretty basic stand, with limited ergonomics and no RGB lighting. Although it supports HDR, this doesn’t really add much, as it can’t get bright enough to deliver a true HDR experience and has a low contrast ratio.back to menu ↑
- MOBILE CONNECTIVITY: Wireless DeX unlocks a full PC experience, without any PC. Use mobile productivity apps, such as video conferencing, documents, and browsers, through just your monitor and phone
- SMART HUB: Binge watching got even easier. Access a bunch of entertainment apps, such as Netflix, YouTube, and HBO
The M7 can wirelessly extend displays from Windows, iOS, and Android devices, it supports screen mirroring and Apple AirPlay 2, and it includes dual-band 802.11ac wireless. It’s effective at creating a versatile, multi-display environment without cables, and the Samsung worked consistently when we tested using different kinds of wireless connectivity.
One of the M7’s best features is its connectivity. If you’ve got a compatible Samsung smartphone or tablet you can use DeX, enabling you to wirelessly open a desktop environment from your mobile device on the M7. Combine this with Bluetooth peripherals, and you can quickly get working.back to menu ↑
- CURVED DESIGN: Immersive 2300R ultrawide curved viewing experience with panoramic images, vivid color, and incredible detail
- PREMIUM MONITOR: WQHD+ (3840x1600p) 60Hz IPS monitor monitor deliver lifelike colors perfect for office, graphic design, photographers and more
That’s not a problem for a panel squarely aimed at maximizing productivity. Potentially more problematic is the Viewsonic VP3881’s lack of wide gamut support. We’ll come to the details momentarily, but it raises questions over this display’s suitability for really demanding content creation workflows.
Of course, this isn’t the first 38-inch superwide monitor on the market. But it is one of if not the most unambiguously productivity orientated models yet launched into this class. So, the question is whether this format makes sense for getting serious work done? Or is it better suited for multimedia fun?back to menu ↑
Best Monitors for Graphic Design and Photography – Most, if not all, enthusiasts of graphic design and animation have experienced issues with computer monitors. Whether it’s issues relating to brightness, contrast and colour; or the realisation that what you create on screen looks very different to what you print or publish – we’ve all been there.