Best Monitors for Gtx 1080 – With a contrast ratio of 1000:1, a 1 ms response time, and a refresh rate of up to 165 Hz, the ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR is absolutely the best gaming monitor in this lineup.
It has no ghosting or backlight bleed, which can be common problems with a TN panel, and while the narrow viewing angle of TN can cause issues when viewing movies, being close and centered on the monitor for gaming sessions lowers the significance of this image quality shortcoming.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- 27 inch QHD (2560 X 1440) IPS display
- IPS 1ms response time & 144Hz refresh rate
The LG 27GL83A-B is a great monitor for gaming. It has an extremely low input lag and an outstanding response time, resulting in clear motion with little blur behind fast-moving objects. It supports FreeSync variable refresh rate technology (VRR), but it’s also certified by NVIDIA to support VRR from recent NVIDIA cards. On the downside, it may be difficult to place it comfortably due to its lack of swivel and limited ergonomics.
As a more budget-oriented model, it has a pretty basic stand, with limited ergonomics and no RGB lighting. Although it supports HDR, this doesn’t really add much, as it can’t get bright enough to deliver a true HDR experience and has a low contrast ratio.back to menu ↑
2.Acer R240HY bidx
- 23.8" Full HD IPS widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response time: 4ms, refresh rate: 60 hertz, pixel pitch: 0.2745 millimeter. 178 degree wide viewing angle, display colors: 16.7 million
We purchased the Acer R240HY Monitor so our expert reviewer could thoroughly test and assess it. Keep reading for our full product review.
The 23.8-inch Acer R240HY bidx monitor is an affordable LCD monitor from Acer that is a real pleasure to view. The 4ms response time and standard 60hz refresh speed make the R240HY perform smoothly for video editing, streaming, and watching movies. The full HD resolution of 1920 x1080 pixels produces great picture quality in the 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. This, in combination with Acer’s ‘zero-frame’ design and minimal stand, make the R240HY a special consideration for those looking for a space-saving 24-inch monitor.back to menu ↑
3.StarTech.com Dual Monitor
- Product 1: SAVES SPACE: You can free up valuable desk space by positioning the USB-A multi monitor dock vertically on your work surface using the included (optional) stand.
- Product 1: DUAL-DISPLAY FUNCTIONALITY: The dual-DVI docking station supports resolutions up to 2048x1152. To ensure maximum compatibility, two display adapters (DVI to VGA and DVI to HDMI) are included.
The desk-mount monitor arms offer a full range of motion on several axes, letting you tilt, pan and rotate your monitors to adjust your viewing angle any time to suit your changing needs. To view longer pages or blocks of code without scrolling, the arms also support landscape-to-portrait display rotation for each monitor.
- RESOLUTION & PANEL — 23.8-inch Full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p at 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare matte IPS LED-backlit panel (2 million pixels, 16.7 million colors)
- RESPONSE TIME — 5ms with overdrive for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur
The VH240a employs a 23.8-inch (measured diagonally) in-plane switching (IPS) screen, with full HD/1080p resolution (1,920 by 1,080 pixels) and a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The panel has a respectable pixel density of 92 pixels per inch (ppi), which is more than enough for typical home or office use, though photo or video enthusiasts will likely want a screen with a higher pixel density.
As is typical of IPS displays, the VH240a has very wide viewing angles, rated at 178 degrees for both vertical and horizontal. I saw a minimum of color distortion or posterization, even when I viewed the screen from the most extreme off-center angles.back to menu ↑
- Wide Viewing Angles: Wide viewing angles keep all the action sharply in sight from almost any viewing position while gaming on large monitors or dual-display setup.
- Fast Response Time: Playing fast action games and watching action adventure movies always require fast and accurate pixel response from an LED. With quick response times, ghosting and blurring are reduced so the user can enjoy the display with clarity and precision.
The display size, also known as viewable image size (VIS) is the physical size of the area where videos are displayed – not the monitor case itself. The size of a screen is the length of its diagonal, which is the distance between opposite corners, usually in inches. The display size of this above average monitor is 24 inches. Check our compare monitors page to see other monitors this size at a larger range of prices.
When it comes to the all important specs the max screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels, the refresh rate is 165 Hz. This is a 1080p Sceptre monitor and can run at 165 Hz.back to menu ↑
Best Monitors for Gtx 1080 – The best monitor for NVIDIA 1080 will be one that can take advantage of all its features. With the ability to do 4K resolutions and enabled with G-sync, it is necessary to select a monitor that can keep make the most of the capabilities of the 1080 graphics cards.