Best Monitors for Portrait Mode – Although computer screens with widescreen aspect ratios are the most popular, there are times when a vertical orientation is so much easier to use. If you’re evaluating long documents – like a contract, editing a digital portrait or doing some programming, you’ll find a vertical monitor easier to work with.
- RESOLUTION & PANEL — 23.8-inch Full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p @ 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare matte IPS LED-backlit panel (2 million pixels, 16.7 million colors)
- RESPONSE TIME — 5ms with overdrive for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur
- BUILT-IN SPEAKERS — Integrated audio speakers provide great sound for your content (2 watts per channel)
- THIN BEZEL-LESS FRAME — A thin and virtually frameless ultra-widescreen monitor provides a seamless multi-monitor set-up with 3-sided narrow bezels
- 4-WAY ERGONOMIC VIEWING — 90° rotation for horizontal (landscape) and vertical (portrait) viewing modes, adjustable height and tilt (-5° to 30°), and 178° positional viewing for the best quality at any angle
The VH240a employs a 23.8-inch (measured diagonally) in-plane switching (IPS) screen, with full HD/1080p resolution (1,920 by 1,080 pixels) and a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The panel has a respectable pixel density of 92 pixels per inch (ppi), which is more than enough for typical home or office use, though photo or video enthusiasts will likely want a screen with a higher pixel density.
As is typical of IPS displays, the VH240a has very wide viewing angles, rated at 178 degrees for both vertical and horizontal. I saw a minimum of color distortion or posterization, even when I viewed the screen from the most extreme off-center angles.
- 23. 8 inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel
- Up to 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync ) technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB ) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter to minimize eye
- Extensive connectivity including DisplayPort, HDMI and D-sub ports and VESA wall-mountable to save on desktop space
But wait, let us tell you something, a 250-nit peak brightness may seem low on paper, but under normal viewing conditions, the screen will be more than bright enough. In fact, you will most likely want to lower the brightness from the maximum setting.
Naturally, VA panel monitors at this price range have a higher contrast ratio (~3,000:1), so blacks won’t be as deep on the ASUS VP249QGR, but the IPS technology has other benefits including more vibrant color reproduction, wider viewing angles and usually faster pixel response time.
3.Packard Bell AirFrame
- Full HD with Wide Viewing – The Packard Bell Airframe is a 24 inch with a full HD IPS widescreen monitor with 1920 x 1080p screen resolution for ultra-clear picture display. The Monitor can tilt to a 178° wide viewing angle for clarity from all angles
- Pixel Perfect - Featuring 5ms response time for quick and prompt movement with a lack of delay and hesitation. 60 hertz refresh rates for a smooth on-screen viewing. 16.7 million colors and aspect ratio of 16:9 to bring through those vibrant on-screen colors. High-quality HD display with speed and versatility to match.
- Thin Bezel & Tilting - Ultra-thin bezel for optimal screen visibility from edge to edge. 15° Backward and 5° forward tilt angles for ideal viewing. Slim design allows for versatile placement in homes or offices.
- What’s in the Box – One Pack Bundle - (1x) 24” Airframe Ultra Slim Monitors, (1x) Durable and sturdy snap into place Monitor Stands (Screw Included), (1x) AC Power Cord, (1x) HDMI, (1x) Instruction Manual.
- Ports & Mounting – The monitor is equipped with a VGA and HDMI port with HDCP support for laptop or multi-monitor setups. In the box you will receive the power cord, an HDMI Cable and the instruction manual. The stand is an easy connect mounting twist. (M4) (no screws required)
- Excellent Care – Packard Bell takes responsibility of all quality-related issues. Please feel free to contact our customer support team when you have any question, and you can be sure of our prompt response.
The Packard Bell A24450 airFrame is an all-inclusive solution to your work, school and entertainment needs. It features a fully loaded hardware and monitor system condensed into a small modern hi-tech body. The screen features a Full HD 23.8” 1920×1080 IPS display that has minimal bezel, giving it an infinity “frame-less” look. It’s mounted on an elegant brushed stainless-steel stand, making the device not only practical by freeing up crucial desk space, but as well, sophisticated in style.
It sports an Intel Celeron N3350 processor and has 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory for speedy processing, plus, it has a Micro SD slot for additional storage ( Micro SD card not included). Love watching movies and playing games? With its full HD high definition screen and it’s integrated Intel HD graphics 500 card, watching movies and playing your favorite games will be raised to the next level by bringing the action to life. Got work to do out of the office?
Do the kids need a powerful but cost-effective solution to homework AND entertainment? The A24450 comes preloaded with Windows 10, and has all the necessary tools for you right out of the box. With a mouse and keyboard included, you’ll have all the processing power needed for work, and, the versatility of an entertainment device as well – all ready to go out of the box.
4.Acer SB220Q bi
- 21.5 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- And Radeon free sync technology. No compatibility for VESA Mount
- Refresh rate: 75 hertz - Using HDMI port
- Zero-frame design; Ultra-thin; 4ms response time; IPS panel
- Ports: 1 x HDMI & 1 x VGA
- Aspect ratio - 16:9. Color supported - 16.7 million colors. Brightness - 250 nit
- Tilt angle -5 degree to 15 degree. Horizontal viewing angle-178 degree. Vertical viewing angle-178 degree
- 75 hertz
The SB220Q employs a 21.5-inch (measured diagonally) in-plane switching (IPS) panel with a full HD native resolution (aka 1080p, or 1,920 by 1,080 pixels), at a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. Pixel density is 102 pixels per inch (ppi), which is more than enough for everyday use.
At a given resolution, the smaller the screen size and the higher the pixel density should mean (in theory, at least) the sharper the image. For a 27-inch 1080p monitor, such as the Philips 272E1CA Curved Frameless Monitor, the pixel density is already down to 82ppi. You wouldn’t want to go any larger than 27 inches with a 1080p monitor.
5.Acer K242HYL Hbi
- 23.8" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen VA Monitor
- AMD FreeSync Technology | Zero-Frame Design
- Refresh Rate: 75Hz (HDMI Port Only) | Response Time: 1ms VRB | Brightness: 250 nits | Pixel Pitch: 0.275mm
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio | 16.7 million colors supported | Ergonomic Tilt: -5 degrees to 20 degrees
- Ports: 1 x HDMI Port & 1 x VGA Port (HDMI Cable Included)
The display size, also known as viewable image size (VIS) is the physical size of the area where videos are displayed – not the monitor case itself. The size of a screen is the length of its diagonal, which is the distance between opposite corners, usually in inches. Check our compare monitors page to see other monitors this size at a larger range of prices.
When it comes to the all important specs the max screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels, the refresh rate is 75 Hz, and the response time is 1 ms. This is a 1080p Acer monitor and can run at 75 Hz.
Best Monitors for Portrait Mode – The design of computer monitors has improved significantly over time. Where these screens used to be bulky and heavy, they’re now smaller, lighter, and faster.
The latest invention is a shift from landscape to portrait or vertical monitors. For certain professionals – like coders, programmers, and app developers – this is great news because a vertical monitor displays more lines of codes on a page.
Even if you’re not a programmer, investing in a vertical monitor helps to free up space on your desk. Looking to switch things up on your workstation? Here’s a list of some of the best vertical monitors on the market.