Best Monitors for Watching Movies – When watching movies on a pc, you get the increased control of a full keyboard and mouse, full access to the internet, and the increased visual clarity of a monitor. There are plenty of sizes, features, resolutions including 1080p and 4k, and price ranges to ensure you get what you’re looking for. To narrow the search down, we’ve already compiled a list for the best monitor for watching movies for you below.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Modern, elegant design with a subtle textured pattern at the back of the monitor has its own unique look.
- Every image comes to life on this 27” screen with three-sided ultrathin bezel design. With QHD (2560x1440) resolution, you’ll get 1.77 times more details than Full HD.
The Dell S2721D is a decent 1440p monitor that’s well-suited for office use and some casual gaming. It has a 27 inch screen that provides plenty of space for multitasking, and wide viewing angles to make it easy to share work or content. It has low input lag, decent response time, and a 75Hz refresh rate that helps make motion look just a bit smoother than a typical 60Hz panel.
Also, it has FreeSync support and G-SYNC compatibility to minimize screen tearing. It has great reflection handling and gets bright enough for use in well-lit rooms; however, its dark room performance isn’t as good due to its low contrast ratio, which is typical of most IPS panels. Also, it lacks HDR support, and it has terrible ergonomics. On the upside, it has a flicker-free backlight that can help reduce eye strain.back to menu ↑
- 32” QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Display
- SRGB 99% Color Gamut
Measuring 20.2 by 28.1 by 8.2 inches (HWD), the LG 32QN600-B requires a good chunk of desktop space to accommodate its imposing profile, but not as expansive as its 38-inch sibling, the LG 38UC99-W. The 32-inch IPS panel is housed in an attractive matte-black cabinet that features a zero-bezel design and silver trim. The cabinet weighs 21.7 pounds and is supported by a curved stand with a telescoping mounting arm that offers some ergonomic adjustments (-5°/20° tilt, a max of 120mm height adjustment).
This 32-inch QHD (2560 X 1440) panel has a 1,800R curvature (meaning if you arrange several of these monitors edge to edge to create a complete circle, the circle will have a radius of 1,800mm). That’s more pronounced than the Acer Predator X34’s 3,800R, but the same radius as the 49-inch Samsung CRG9 with a with a 32:9 aspect ratio and 5120 x 1440 resolution display.back to menu ↑
- LIGHTNING FAST GAMING — Elevate your pixel performance with the WQHD monitor resolution boosted by a lightning-fast 165Hz monitor refresh rate. Flicker-free video with zero dropped frames. Perfect for PC gaming, video conferencing.
- SUPERIOR IMAGE QUALITY — Bring your movies, shows and favorite gaming titles to life with the absolute best VA panel widescreen monitor display on the market. Vibrant and accurate colors at every angle, with 96% sRGB gamut and 3000:1 contrast ratio.
The Viotek GN27DB is based on Samsung’s VA (Vertical Alignment) panel with a superior contrast ratio of 3,000:1, true 8-bit color depth with 85% NTSC color gamut (110% sRGB), a somewhat mediocre 250-nit peak brightness, wide 178-degree viewing angles, and a 5ms response time speed.
Now, at this price range, you will also be able to find 27″ 1440p 144Hz gaming monitors with TN panels. These offer a faster response time speed (1ms), but not as high contrast ratio, vibrant colors, or wide viewing angles.back to menu ↑
4.Acer Gaming Monitor
- 27 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Curved Widescreen VA G SYNC and Freesync Compatible Display
- 144Hz Refresh Rate Using Display Port
The Acer Predator XB271HU Bmiprz is a good 1440p monitor with a fast refresh rate, wide viewing angles, and outstanding low input lag. The stand has impressive ergonomics, so it’s easy to place it in an ideal viewing position or turn the screen to share it with someone else.
Although it’s a great gaming monitor overall, the response time is a bit slower than most similar monitors. Unfortunately, it has a low contrast ratio, so blacks appear gray in a dark room, but this is typical for IPS monitors.back to menu ↑
5.HP VH240a 23.8-Inch
- RESOLUTION & PANEL — 23.8-inch Full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p at 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare matte IPS LED-backlit panel (2 million pixels, 16.7 million colors)
- RESPONSE TIME — 5ms with overdrive for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur
The VH240a employs a 23.8-inch (measured diagonally) in-plane switching (IPS) screen, with full HD/1080p resolution (1,920 by 1,080 pixels) and a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The panel has a respectable pixel density of 92 pixels per inch (ppi), which is more than enough for typical home or office use, though photo or video enthusiasts will likely want a screen with a higher pixel density.
As is typical of IPS displays, the VH240a has very wide viewing angles, rated at 178 degrees for both vertical and horizontal. I saw a minimum of color distortion or posterization, even when I viewed the screen from the most extreme off-center angles.
Best Cmonitors for Watching Movies
- 24" 1920x1080 IPS Panel with 75Hz refresh rate delivers crisp, stunning images with a wide viewing angle
- A sleek ultra-slim bezel design stands out on any desk. Monitor includes a tilt-adjust stand, while 75x75 VESA support allows you to mount the monitor on a wall or in a multi-monitor setup
OUR TAKEback to menu ↑
Best Monitors for Watching Movies – With the wide availability of streaming content from Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Youtube, HBO (and other providers) on your pc, a computer monitor is actually perfect for watching movies.