Best Portable Computer Monitors – The best portable monitors and second screens not only make it easier to work from home on business tasks, but they also don’t require that much extra desk space.
They are small and mobile with a minimalist design compared to typical computer monitors, and with fewer cables too, result in a much smaller footprint. This makes them an ideal solution for those working on the go or with limited desk space.
1.ASUS VP249QGR 23.8”
- 23. 8 inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel
- Up to 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync ) technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB ) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter to minimize eye
- Extensive connectivity including DisplayPort, HDMI and D-sub ports and VESA wall-mountable to save on desktop space
The ASUS VP249QGR is an affordable 24″ 1080p 144Hz IPS gaming monitor. It provides excellent image quality, smooth performance and many useful features for the price. There are better (though slightly more expensive) alternatives, but if you have a limited budget you won’t be disappointed by the VP249QGR.
Naturally, VA panel monitors at this price range have a higher contrast ratio (~3,000:1), so blacks won’t be as deep on the ASUS VP249QGR, but the IPS technology has other benefits including more vibrant color reproduction, wider viewing angles and usually faster pixel response time.
2.Sceptre IPS 27 inch
- IPS Panel: The IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel cannot be beat when it comes to consistently delivering top color performance and sharp visibility from multiple viewing angles.
- 165Hz Refresh Rate: Pushing beyond the standard refresh rate, 165Hz gives gamers an edge in visibility as frames transition instantly, leaving behind no blurred images.
- Response Time 1ms MPRT: With 1ms MPRT, motion blur is eliminated and exceptionally crisp imagery is visible in the midst of chaotic combat.
- 320 Brightness: Remarkably vivid colors illuminate the screen like never before with 320 cd/m² brightness.
- Blue Light Shift: Blue Light Shift reduces blue light, allowing you to comfortably work, watch, or play applications without straining your eyes.
If you want to get a multi-purpose monitor that ensures you enjoy the best viewing experience, you should consider a Sceptre monitor. Sceptre is a reputable brand that offers some of the best monitors in the market. And it’s not like you can’t find them among top under 200 dollars displays on offer and budget 144Hz monitors, as reviewed here.
So, which type of Sceptre monitor should you go for? Our honest and detailed review looks at different types of monitors to help you make an informed decision. Apart from this text, where we focus solely on Sceptre, you can find out more about the best budget picks, look here for the top-shelf bezel less options, or explore the ultimate FreeSync monitors here.
3.ASUS VP28UQG 28″
- 28 inches 4K/UHD (3840 x 2160) with 1ms response time and Adaptive Sync/AMD Free Sync for immersive, crisp visuals featuring Display Port and dual HDMI connectivity; Viewing Angle (CR≧10) : 170°(H)/160°(V). HDCP : Yes
- ASUS Eye Care technology lowers blue light and eliminates flickering to reduce eyestrain and ailments. Display colors is 1073.7 M 10 bit and maximum contrast ratio is 1000 : 1. It can allow a Adaptive Sync/Free Sync supported graphics source to dynamically adjust display refresh rate based on typical content frame rates for power efficient, virtually stutter free and low latency display update
- 5 Way OSD joystick delivers intuitive monitor controls so you can access features such as ASUS Game Plus on the fly. Digital signal frequency for display port is 120 to 120 KiloHertz horizontal, 40 to 60 Hertz vertical. Hdmi signal frequency is 24 to 99 KiloHertz horizontal, 40 to 60 Hertz vertical
- Compliance and Standards EAC logo, Energy Star, BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level 1, FCC, PSB, PSE, RoHS, TCO7.0, UL/cUL, VCCI, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7), RCM, TUV Flicker free , TUV Low Blue Light
- Exclusive Game Plus and Game Visual settings enhance color performance and control. ASUS Rapid Replacement 3 years warranty service. Tilt : -5 degree Plus-20 degree. Brightness(Max) : 300 cd
If you’re more of a casual gamer or non-gamer and have a budget rig running a lower-end graphics card, you might find one of the best budget 4K monitors useful. At \(as of this writing), the Asus VP28UQG tries to make that list by offering strong value, as well as what you need to enjoy tear-frame gaming at modest frame rates (it has a 60 Hz refresh rate, 1ms GTG response time and Adaptive-Sync) while offering the productivity benefits of 4K.
But to do this at such a low price, the screen opts for a TN panel that lacks the ability to really make games (or other media) pop.
4.ASUS ZenScreen 15.6″
- 15.6” FHD IPS USB Type-C portable monitor with hybrid signal solution for compatibility with USB Type-C and Type-A sources (Note: DisplayLink driver needed for Type-A connection)
- Ultra-portable award-winning design at 1.7 pounds and 0.3 inches slim to pair perfectly with ASUS laptops. Product Dimensions- 8.9 x 0.3 x 14.2 inches. Brightness(Max)- 220 cd/㎡
- Smart cover and smart pen hole allow for landscape and portrait orientations easily with auto rotation. Auto rotate requires the windows os and displaywidget to be installed. Compatible with thunderbolt 3
- ASUS Eye Care technology with TUV Rheinland-certified flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter minimizes eye fatigue
- Easily toggle through advanced display settings with the intuitive ASUS DisplayWidget. Compliance and Standards- Energy Star, BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, FCC, KCC, RoHS, UkrSEPRO, UL/cUL, VCCI, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7), RCM, TUV Flicker-free , TUV Low Blue Light, CU(EAC)
- 60 hertz
The Asus ZenScreen (MB16ACE) is rather conventional as recent Asus mobile monitors go, dropping the touch-screen capabilities of the Editors’ Choice-winning Asus ZenScreen Touch (MB16AMT) and the internal battery found in both the ZenScreen Touch and the Asus ZenScreen Go.
The MB16ACE comes in at a considerably lower price, though, and the features it does include—among them a 15.6-inch 1080p screen, an easy-to-navigate onscreen display (OSD), and USB Type-C connectivity to provide both data or video and power over a single cable—make it a solid choice for business and general use alike.
5.Lepow 15.6 Inch
- [ ] Lepow USB C 1920*1080 portable monitor delivers a truly immersive viewing experience that lets you enjoy High-Definition entertainment and gaming.
- [ ] Mini HDMI & USB C ports design makes this portable gaming monitor more convenient to connect your laptop, smartphone, PC, PS3, PS4, XBOX ONE, or Nintendo Switch etc. It's ideal for extending your screen or playing games on business trip, travel, or home entertainment.
- [ & ] 2 built-in speakers efficiently helps display multi-media files especially when listen to music/watch movies/play games. HDR mode support excellent mainstream transmission so that you can enjoy great video transmission in game and other entertainment.
- [, & ] With a slim 0.3-inch profile and just 1.76 pounds, Lepow 15.6 inch portable monitor is ideal for your life and work to make a simple setup on-the-go dual-monitor and mobile presentations.
- [ & ] Lepow have added a smart cover and a screen protector to fully protect our monitor. The cover case is made of PU leather to provide excellent protection for the entire monitor and can be folded into different positions to create a stand. The protective film prevents the screen from being scratched.
The Lepow 15.6-inch Portable Monitor is one of the better large-screen mobile displays we’ve tested, thanks to its 1080p native resolution and a wider selection of inputs than you’ll find on most briefcase monitors. But although its pixel count is good and the screen is roomy, its colors look flat (a common issue among recent portable monitors). That makes it best for productivity use, though it’s okay for casual video or photo consumption.
If you shop carefully, you may be able to pick it up at a bargain price. Note, though, that most competing portable monitors, including our Editors’ Choice pick, use smaller 14-inch panels.
Best Portable Computer Monitors – Portable monitors and second screens are also user-friendly in other ways, such as being lighted and more compact than traditional monitors, and they are also simpler and easier to set up – most are powered just by connecting it by a USB cable to your laptop. Some can even attach to your laptop, needing only to be flipped open to use.