Best Portable Monitors for Gaming – If you are looking for a portable gaming monitor, by all means, you don’t need to spend a whole lot of money to get decent performance. However, If you really want a portable monitor that can easily compete with your free-standing monitor at home, you will need to be willing to spend upwards of $500.
A portable monitor with an integrated battery is going to cost you more, but the convenience of being able to use it anywhere is unmatched, especially if you travel a lot and aren’t near a plug or don’t have a power bank with you.
If you aren’t looking to game on the portable monitor, then there is little reason for you to go for the more expensive options.
1.ASUS ROG Strix
- 17. 3” Full HD (1920x1080) IPS portable gaming monitor with 240Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) and 3ms (GTG) for super-smooth gaming visual
- Hybrid-signal USB-C and micro-HDMI ports provide versatile connectivity with smartphones, laptops, game consoles, cameras, tablets and more
- Adaptive-sync to deliver a seamless, tear-free gaming experience
- Built-in battery provides up to 3 hours at 240hz refresh rate
- Full package with ROG Tripod, Smart Case, and Carrying Bag optimizes gaming scenarios on the go for console, smartphone, notebook
Regardless, a Strix for is a great value. This model is delivering better performance and better battery life than I’d expect to see from all kinds of gaming laptops that are hundreds of dollars more.
Given the Strix’s flashy and decidedly enthusiast aesthetic, I think it makes a bit less sense as a value purchase than something like the Zephyrus G15. But, if you’re looking for a bold and garish gaming laptop that’s punching well above its price class, you’re probably in the target audience.
For some raw results: the Strix G15 averaged 252fps on CS:GO, running the benchmark full of dust storms and fire blasts with no stutter in sight
- AOC USB-C portable monitor with 15.6" IPS screen and Full HD 1080P (1920x1080) resolution that can act as a second screen for your portable devices
- TOUCH SCREEN ENABLED: 10-point touch screen (capacitive) function for ease-of-use with your compatible devices (must connect via USB-C)
- STREAMLINED USB-C CONNECTION: USB-C (dual ports, one on each side for ease of cable management) connection allowing for single cable delivering video, power, audio, and touch signals all via one single cable ***DP Alt Mode support is REQUIRED on host devices
- MICRO-HDMI INPUT: Enjoy playing and viewing on this portable screen while on-the-go by connecting it to an HDMI device such as gaming console, digital camera, or laptops. (adapter NOT included)
- BUILT IN BATTERY: Built-in 8000mAh battery for up to 4 hours of self-powered display when connected to HDMI devices. The built-in battery can also charge your phone
- BUILT-IN SPEAKERS: Stereo speakers built-in for a wider and more immersive soundstage when connected via HDMI or USB-C with supported devices
- INCREDIBLY LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT: weighing in at only 2.2 lbs and measuring in at less than 0.4 inches thin
- SAFER FOR TRANSPORT: Included SmartCover can be used as a stand in both landscape and portrait modes and covers to protect the screen when not in use.
- VESA MOUNTING COMPATIBLE: The screen is VESA mount compatible via the included adapter for various commercial or business applications (wall-mount NOT included)
- USB Charger (AC adapter), USB-C to USB-C/A cable, VESA mounting bracket (adapter, not wall mounting kit), SmartCover included
What looks like a USB-A to USB-C cable cleverly conceals a C to C cable with a (removable) adapter for older laptops where you’re using an HDMI connection but still want to get the touch support. With a laptop like the Surface Book 3, which has DisplayPort alternate mode but not Micro-HDMI, you can just use the USB-C cable for power, touch, video and sound (although the speakers on the screen may not be as good as those on your laptop).
There’s only one HDMI port, but a USB-C port on each side means you can pick the one that makes it more convenient to route the cable, or use the second USB-C port to power the screen and charge the battery while you’re using the screen.
3.ASUS ZenScreen MB16ACE
- 15 6-inch Full HD (1920x1080) portable anti-glare IPS display with an ultra-slim and thin design for on-the-go client meetings
- Hybrid-signal solution supports power and video transmission and enables compatibility with any laptop with a USB Type-C or Type A port
- Auto-rotation Display allows your screen to automatically senses its orientation and switch the monitor between landscape and portrait modes
- Foldable lite smart case can be turned into a stand to prop the monitor up in either portrait or landscape mode
- ASUS Eye Care Technology features TÜV Rheinland-certified Flicker-free and Low Blue Light technologies to ensure a comfortable viewing experience
Measuring 8.9 by 14.2 by 0.3 inches (HWD) and weighing 1.6 pounds, the MB16ACE is a handsome, thin display with a charcoal-gray frame. Its 15.6-inch IPS screen supports a native resolution of 1,920 by 1,080 pixels (also known as 1080p).
The panel has the same size, resolution, and screen technology as a host of mobile monitors we have reviewed of late, among them the ZenScreen Touch, the ZenScreen Go, AOC’s I1601FWUX, and Lepow’s 15.6-Inch Portable USB-C Monitor. Increasingly, this size is becoming the sweet spot among larger portable monitors.
- 【Get More Detail from the World】 With an advanced IPS Panel, the NexiGo Portable Monitor delivers richer, more vivid colors. The 1080P Full HD display provides a clean and crisp picture, so you can see all of your content clearly. The super-narrow frame with 6mm bezels and an ultra-light 1.9 lb aluminum alloy frame make it easy to travel with and lets it easily fit in most notebook bags.
- 【Wide Compatibility】 2 x USB Type-C Full-Featured Ports (Data Transfer, Power source); 1 x Mini HDMI; 1 x 3.5mm Headphone Jack. The NexiGo portable monitor is compatible with: Laptop / PC / Mac / Cameras / PS4 / Switch / Xbox / Apple / Android / and more! Connect to anything that puts out a video signal via HDMI or USB Type-C!
- 【Exceptional Quality】 The IPS panel on the NexiGo Portable Monitor shows much greater detail than other panel types, and images look amazing from nearly any angle without distortion or color shifting. The USB Type-C full-function ports allow a theoretical maximum throughput of 40 Gbps, providing a crystal clear high definition image.
- 【Productivity with Flexibility】 Included in the package with the NexiGo Monitor is a foldable smart cover that can be used as a stand for the monitor. This way you can enjoy your time in either portrait or landscape view, and you do not have to hold it. You can also mount the NexiGo Portable Monitor as it is VESA mount compatible.
- 【Durable and Stylish】 The body of our NexiGo portable monitor is made of an aluminum alloy to provide extreme durability, while also being lightweight enough for daily use at just under 2 lbs. Using our specialized CNC crafting process in combination with an integrally formed anodized shell we are able to make the NexiGo monitor both tough and fashionable, so that it fits your life.
The NexiGo Portable Display was developed with this in mind and an end to the old single-screen lifestyle. Is your smartphone too small to watch videos? Tired of playing the old screen? Should you keep moving from window to window trying to perform stunts with your points and gestures to get what you want? All of these problems stem from one problem: the lifetime of a single screen.
NexiGo Portable Displays can be used with more digital devices than you already own. The goal is to provide a level of quality that suits your needs at work and / or in games. You can connect NexiGo Display to: Laptop, Smartphone, MAC, PC, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, etc. Almost any device can be connected to an HDMI or USB Type-C output so it’s almost ready to use!
5.USB-C Portable Monitor
- 【MacOS User Attention】For Apple Mac Device with Intel CPU, This monitor is NOT compatible with macOS Monterey 12.3. Currently Apple has solved this bug and provided an update of macOS Monterey 12.3.1 to fix this issue. So you just need to update to macOS Monterey 12.3.1, the monitor will work again with your Mac Device.
- 【1080P HDR Monitor】15.6 inch 1920x1080 Super Clear IPS A-grade screen. 1080p resolution, 72% sRGB, 178° FULL viewing angle, FreeSync, HDR, Low Blue Light features. Born to deliver you stunning visuals with awesome color reproduction.
- 【Double Type-C Port】For Ultra Convenience, cocopar monitor provides 2 Full Feature Type-C ports. Only One USB Type-C Cable is required to connect for power supply & display signal transmission. NOTE: Your device should support thunderbolt 3.0 or USB 3.1 Type C DP ALT-MODE.
- 【Wide Connection and Portrait Mode】Cocopar monitor is compatible for laptops, PCs, Phones, PS4, XBOX, Nintendo Switch, Raspberry Pi with USB Type C and mini HDMI port. Besides traditional Duplicate/Extend/Second screen mode, Portrait Mode redefines the usage of monitor for both business and entertainment.
- 【Ultra Slim, Light Weight & Portable】Measuring only 4mm (0.2 inch) at the slimmest point and 726g (1.59 pounds) weight. Smart Stand Case can be adjusted to different standing angles and protect entire monitor. Perfect choice for its Portability and Ease of Use.
Remote work looks like it’s here to stay, with millions continuing to work from outside of traditional office spaces due to the. The global home office spending market is expected to grow at 15.3% CAGR between 2020 and 2030, according to a report from Future Market Insights.
Many are decking out their offices with the latest technology and are looking to recreate some of the luxuries available in the workplace, like having multiple screens.
Best Portable Monitors for Gaming – Portable monitors are the ideal replacement to standard monitors for people who like the flexibility of accessing a performance-driven, high-quality screen when they are on the go.
In this guide and review, our goal is to provide you with a solid list of the best portable monitors alongside our 100% honest review for each of the products.
We managed to do just that by conducting 2-stage research, which looked at the needs and pain points of the customers, from which we then created criteria to help us filter through the hundreds of products that we came across to find the best ones; the portable monitors that you will see today.