Best Portable Monitors for Gaming – If you are looking for a portable gaming monitor, by all means, you don’t need to spend a whole lot of money to get decent performance. However, If you really want a portable monitor that can easily compete with your free-standing monitor at home, you will need to be willing to spend upwards of $500.
A portable monitor with an integrated battery is going to cost you more, but the convenience of being able to use it anywhere is unmatched, especially if you travel a lot and aren’t near a plug or don’t have a power bank with you.
If you aren’t looking to game on the portable monitor, then there is little reason for you to go for the more expensive options.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.ASUS ROG Strix
- 17. 3” Full HD (1920x1080) IPS portable gaming monitor with 240Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) and 3ms (GTG) for super-smooth gaming visual
- Hybrid-signal USB-C and micro-HDMI ports provide versatile connectivity with smartphones, laptops, game consoles, cameras, tablets and more
Regardless, a Strix for is a great value. This model is delivering better performance and better battery life than I’d expect to see from all kinds of gaming laptops that are hundreds of dollars more.
Given the Strix’s flashy and decidedly enthusiast aesthetic, I think it makes a bit less sense as a value purchase than something like the Zephyrus G15. But, if you’re looking for a bold and garish gaming laptop that’s punching well above its price class, you’re probably in the target audience.
For some raw results: the Strix G15 averaged 252fps on CS:GO, running the benchmark full of dust storms and fire blasts with no stutter in sightback to menu ↑
- AOC USB-C portable monitor with 15.6" IPS screen and Full HD 1080P (1920x1080) resolution that can act as a second screen for your portable devices
- TOUCH SCREEN ENABLED: 10-point touch screen (capacitive) function for ease-of-use with your compatible devices (must connect via USB-C)
What looks like a USB-A to USB-C cable cleverly conceals a C to C cable with a (removable) adapter for older laptops where you’re using an HDMI connection but still want to get the touch support. With a laptop like the Surface Book 3, which has DisplayPort alternate mode but not Micro-HDMI, you can just use the USB-C cable for power, touch, video and sound (although the speakers on the screen may not be as good as those on your laptop).
There’s only one HDMI port, but a USB-C port on each side means you can pick the one that makes it more convenient to route the cable, or use the second USB-C port to power the screen and charge the battery while you’re using the screen.back to menu ↑
3.ASUS ZenScreen MB16ACE
- 15 6-inch Full HD (1920x1080) portable anti-glare IPS display with an ultra-slim and thin design for on-the-go client meetings
- Hybrid-signal solution supports power and video transmission and enables compatibility with any laptop with a USB Type-C or Type A port
Measuring 8.9 by 14.2 by 0.3 inches (HWD) and weighing 1.6 pounds, the MB16ACE is a handsome, thin display with a charcoal-gray frame. Its 15.6-inch IPS screen supports a native resolution of 1,920 by 1,080 pixels (also known as 1080p).
The panel has the same size, resolution, and screen technology as a host of mobile monitors we have reviewed of late, among them the ZenScreen Touch, the ZenScreen Go, AOC’s I1601FWUX, and Lepow’s 15.6-Inch Portable USB-C Monitor. Increasingly, this size is becoming the sweet spot among larger portable monitors.back to menu ↑
- 【Get More Detail from the World】 With an advanced IPS Panel, the NexiGo Portable Monitor delivers richer, more vivid colors. The 1080P Full HD display provides a clean and crisp picture, so you can see all of your content clearly. The super-narrow frame with 6mm bezels and an ultra-light 1.9 lb aluminum alloy frame make it easy to travel with and lets it easily fit in most notebook bags.
- 【Wide Compatibility】 2 x USB Type-C Full-Featured Ports (Data Transfer, Power source); 1 x Mini HDMI; 1 x 3.5mm Headphone Jack. The NexiGo portable monitor is compatible with: Laptop / PC / Mac / Cameras / PS4 / Switch / Xbox / Apple / Android / and more! Connect to anything that puts out a video signal via HDMI or USB Type-C!
The NexiGo Portable Display was developed with this in mind and an end to the old single-screen lifestyle. Is your smartphone too small to watch videos? Tired of playing the old screen? Should you keep moving from window to window trying to perform stunts with your points and gestures to get what you want? All of these problems stem from one problem: the lifetime of a single screen.
NexiGo Portable Displays can be used with more digital devices than you already own. The goal is to provide a level of quality that suits your needs at work and / or in games. You can connect NexiGo Display to: Laptop, Smartphone, MAC, PC, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, etc. Almost any device can be connected to an HDMI or USB Type-C output so it’s almost ready to use!back to menu ↑
5.USB-C Portable Monitor
- 【1080P HDR Monitor】15.6 inch 1920x1080 Super Clear IPS A-grade screen. 1080p resolution, 72% NTSC color gamut, 178° FULL viewing angle, FreeSync, HDR, Low Blue Light features. Born to deliver you stunning visuals with awesome color reproduction.
- 【Double Type-C Port】For Ultra Convenience, cocopar monitor provides 2 Full Feature Type-C ports. Only One USB Type-C Cable is required to connect for power supply & display signal transmission. NOTE: Your device should support thunderbolt 3.0 or USB 3.1 Type C DP ALT-MODE.
Remote work looks like it’s here to stay, with millions continuing to work from outside of traditional office spaces due to the. The global home office spending market is expected to grow at 15.3% CAGR between 2020 and 2030, according to a report from Future Market Insights.
Many are decking out their offices with the latest technology and are looking to recreate some of the luxuries available in the workplace, like having multiple screens.back to menu ↑
Best Portable Monitors for Gaming – Portable monitors are the ideal replacement to standard monitors for people who like the flexibility of accessing a performance-driven, high-quality screen when they are on the go.
In this guide and review, our goal is to provide you with a solid list of the best portable monitors alongside our 100% honest review for each of the products.
We managed to do just that by conducting 2-stage research, which looked at the needs and pain points of the customers, from which we then created criteria to help us filter through the hundreds of products that we came across to find the best ones; the portable monitors that you will see today.