Best Portable Touch Screen Monitors – Portable displays that you pair with a laptop aren’t a new phenomenon, but in the past couple of years, they have come into their own. Many of the major monitor manufacturers have at least one in their repertoire, and new models are appearing more regularly than ever. Whether you want to add a second screen for giving presentations to small groups, view two programs open full-screen at once, enhance your portable gaming system, or touch up your designs with a stylus, mobile monitors of different sizes, styles, and paradigms are ready to serve.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.ASUS VP249QGR 23.8”
- 23. 8 inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel
- Up to 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync ) technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback
The ASUS VP249QGR is an affordable 24″ 1080p 144Hz IPS gaming monitor. It provides excellent image quality, smooth performance and many useful features for the price. There are better (though slightly more expensive) alternatives, but if you have a limited budget you won’t be disappointed by the VP249QGR.
Naturally, VA panel monitors at this price range have a higher contrast ratio (~3,000:1), so blacks won’t be as deep on the ASUS VP249QGR, but the IPS technology has other benefits including more vibrant color reproduction, wider viewing angles and usually faster pixel response time.back to menu ↑
2.Sceptre IPS 27 inch
- IPS Panel: The IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel cannot be beat when it comes to consistently delivering top color performance and sharp visibility from multiple viewing angles.
- 165Hz Refresh Rate: Pushing beyond the standard refresh rate, 165Hz gives gamers an edge in visibility as frames transition instantly, leaving behind no blurred images.
The monitors’ 1800R makes for a thrilling experience and is quite standard among wide-screen monitors that are gaining popularity lately. Again, the In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology used for the screen allows for wide viewing angles and enhanced colors. We only wish it supported adaptive sync technology that seeks to reduce screen tearing and artifacts during gameplay, but for office use and general productivity, you’re getting more monitor for less money.
If you’re a casual gamer and don’t need the very best of frame rates per second, it looks like something you can consider as well. And for the gamers who need to play the latest triple-A titles at very high settings, they’ll have to look elsewhere. If that describes you, there are solid alternatives around. For instance, the 27-inch AOC Agon AG271QX offers decent gaming chops, thanks to a 2560 by 1440 (QHD) panel with a 144Hz refresh rate, 1ms response rate, and AMD FreeSync support.back to menu ↑
3.ASUS 24″ 1080P
- 24 inch Full HD (1920x1080) display with an overclockable 165Hz (supports 144Hz) rapid refresh rate and 0.5ms (GTG) response time
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology removes stutter and screen tearing for the smoothest gaming experience
The display size, also known as viewable image size (VIS) is the physical size of the area where videos are displayed – not the monitor case itself. The size of a screen is the length of its diagonal, which is the distance between opposite corners, usually in inches. Check our compare monitors page to see other monitors this size at a larger range of prices.
When it comes to the all important specs the max screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels, the refresh rate is 165 Hz, and the response time is 0.5 ms. This is a 1080p Asus monitor and can run at 165 Hz.back to menu ↑
- 16" (15.6" viewable) display, 200 cd/m2 Brightness,16:9 Aspect Ratio. Max Resolution 1366 x 768, 500:1 Contrast Ratio, 8ms Response Time
- Multiple USB monitors can be simultaneously connected to a single laptop to function as a multi-monitor PC or Mac. SImply installing DisplayLInk software on the PC or Mac allows you to easily add multiple USB monitors for external displays without unnecessary extra hardware
The E1659Fwu sports the same shiny black finish and weighs about the same as its predecessor (2.4 pounds), but at 0.9 inches this version is significantly thinner than the AOC E1649Fwu (1.4 inches). The 15.6-inch panel has a 1,366-by-768 resolution and a shiny anti-glare coating that tends to reflect ambient light.
This time around AOC installed a set of VESA mounting holes for hanging the monitor on a wall. Or, you can use the silver stand to prop it up in either landscape or portrait mode. The stand folds back into the rear of the cabinet when not in use. As with the earlier model, the E1659Fwu has an auto-pivot feature that automatically changes the image orientation when you flip the panel.back to menu ↑
5.13.3 Inch 2K Portable Monitor
- ✅Excellent Display Performance With HDR：13.3 IPS Panel,2560x1440 Native Resolution,Support 1440P@60Mhz，Aspect Ratio:16:9，170° Wide Viewing Angle
- ✅Rich-Interface：USB C And HDMI Video Input，3.5mmHeadphone Jack，Two Type C Otg Port，Builidng In Dual Stereo Speakers,For Most Support UBS C 3.1 Alt Mode Laptop,One Cable For Video&Power Deliver
There has been a surprising rise in the number of portable USB-C monitors on the market. A number of them like Trio Pro, Vinpok, Astro, Gemini by Taihe, Blade X have tried their luck on Indiegogo and Kickstarter. Altogether, these five products have raised more than $5 million with tens of thousands of backers.
The latest to tap into that trend is MageDok who went for a niche within a niche. Gamers, with a 144Hz on-the-go gaming monitor.
MageDok has an Indiegogo campaign that ends on Friday, September 13, 2019. As with such a product, there’s always a risk that the project gets canned or doesn’t meet its goal . We did receive a prototype to review but remember that you are backing a project, not buying an actual project. At the time of writing, the device is expected to go on sale before December 2019.back to menu ↑
Best Portable Touch Screen Monitors – Many smaller desktop displays can be taken on the road in a pinch, but “true” portable monitors are those specifically sold as such. Even those range quite a bit in size: from 3.5 inches to 22 inches. Portable displays run the gamut from personal, business, and general-purpose models to panels for artists and gamers.
The sweet spot for use with a laptop, though, and our focus here, is between 12 and 17 inches. Many users match their portable display with the screen size of their laptop.