Best Thunderbolt Monitors – Thunderbolt 3 monitors are gaining in popularity than USB-C monitors because of the former’s unparalleled performance in data transfers, multiple 4K displays, and daisy-chaining capabilities. In this article, we have handpicked the best monitors with thunderbolt port to help in your quest of finding the best monitor for your workplace.
While Thunderbolt 3 is still an emerging technology, many tech companies are rapidly embracing it and developing devices with TB3 support. The MacBook Pro 2019 comes with only two Thunderbolt 3 ports; therefore, getting yourself a thunderbolt 3 monitor should be next after purchasing the MacBook Pro.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- 32 - inch 4K (3840 x 2160) Nano display
- DCI-P3 98% Color Accuracy. Thunderbolt 3 is supported in such environments as Windows 10 and Mac product. Make sure to use a Thunderbolt 3 certified cable. Otherwise, this may cause the device to malfunction
The LG 32UL950-W is a good 32″ IPS monitor with great screen real estate thanks to the 4k resolution. It has wide viewing angles, which is great but doesn’t look as good in a dark room, due to the limited native contrast ratio and poor black uniformity.
It supports HDR and can display a wide color gamut, but the local dimming feature is bad. Gamers will appreciate the low input lag and FreeSync support, and it does work with NVIDIA’s new Adaptive Sync driver. It has low input lag in any mode, which is great, and a fast response time. It also supports FreeSync, great for gamers.back to menu ↑
- First Curved monitor with Intel Thunderbolt 3 for single-source power and charging
- One cable to Link and dock monitor and laptop
The Samsung C34J791 is a 34” ultrawide monitor with mediocre picture quality. It has a high contrast ratio due to its VA panel and displays deep but not too uniform blacks. It is more suitable for an average lit room as it cannot get very bright to fight bright room glare.
It has great gray uniformity, which is great for browsing the web, but the bad viewing angles make it unsuitable for working side by side with a colleague. It has great motion handling with a fast 100Hz refresh rate, supports FreeSync and has a low input lag to please gamers.back to menu ↑
3.Asus Rog Swift PG35VQ
- 35" uwqhd (3440x1440) 21: 9 curved hdr gaming monitor provides an immersive panoramic gaming experience with 200hz refresh rate and 2ms (gtg) response time
- Nvidia g sync ultimate technology delivers vivid realism with hdr for lifelike contrast & color, with the brightest whites & darkest blacks, that brings out details like never before
In every new generation of technology, there’s a leader—the fastest processor, the brawniest GPU, and in the case of the Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ, the most feature-rich gaming monitor you’ll find on store shelves or online in 2020. This 35-inch display with a 200Hz refresh rate is the most “ultra” that the ultrawide segment has to offer, and with strong color numbers to back up its fast performance.
It’s just as good a pick for content creators as it is for gamers. Editors of 4K video with an even larger pile of cash to spend might want to consider options like the Apple Pro Display XDR for the increased screen real estate, but for anyone else who simply wants the best ultrawide-aspect gaming monitor on the planet, the PG35VQ earns an Editors’ Choice.back to menu ↑
4.Asus TUF Gaming VG35VQ
- 35” curved 1800R (3440x1440) 21: 9 1800R curved 100Hz and 1ms (MPRT) HDR gaming monitor features Adaptive Sync/free Sync for a smooth gaming experience
- Elmb technology enables motion blur reduction and adaptive Sync simultaneously for tear free, sharp game play
The display size, also known as viewable image size (VIS) is the physical size of the area where videos are displayed – not the monitor case itself. The size of a screen is the length of its diagonal, which is the distance between opposite corners, usually in inches. The display size of this extra large monitor is 35 inches. Check our compare monitors page to see other monitors this size at a larger range of prices.
When it comes to the all important specs the max screen resolution is 3440 x 1440 pixels, the refresh rate is 100 Hz, and the response time is 1 ms. This is a 1440p Asus monitor and can run at 100 Hz.back to menu ↑
5.Asus ProArt PA329C
- 32-Inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution display with DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI (V2.0) x3, USB Type-C
- 100% Adobe RGB and 100% RGB true Color reproduction, factory pre calibrated for outstanding color accuracy (Delta). supports 98% DCI-P3 and 84% rec. 2020 color standards
ASUS ProArt PA329C 32″ 16:9 4K HDR IPS Display features wide and accurate color coverage and an expansive 32″ screen for multitasking. Moreover, it’s built with an IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel, which has a 3840 x 2160 4K resolution along with wide 178° viewing angles. A VESA DisplayHDR certification also ensures a peak brightness of 600 cd/m² for viewing HDR content.
Connectivity option include HDMI, DisplayPort, USB Type-C, and it has a built-in USB hub for your convenience. Once it’s connected, users can adjust its versatile stand to best fit their viewing preferences, or install and optional VESA compatible mount, stand, or arm if needed.back to menu ↑
Best Thunderbolt Monitors – We’ll start by going over the vital features you should watch out for when looking at all the different options, and then we’ll include an overview of the top Thunderbolt-equipped monitors available today.