Best Ultrawide Monitors Under 500 – If you use your computer for photo editing or videography, office use, watching movies, and casual gaming then an ultrawide monitor is the right option for you. You will be able to multi-task and get a larger horizontal landscape and when gaming it helps you detect enemies without moving your player too much. It creates a much more immersive experience especially if the ultrawide gaming monitor is curved at 1800R curvature.
The products discussed here are all fighting for the title of the best ultrawide gaming monitor under $500. You can also conduct your own research and find out if there are other options on the market more suitable to your needs.
Pros & Cons
- ULTRAWIDE 21:9 MONITOR — The full-hd monitor resolution (2560x1080p) delivers pixels packed with detail and brilliant colors with a 107% sRGB color gamut for high color accuracy. And the ultrawide screen real estate gives you more room to enhance productivity.
- GAME-READY 120HZ MONITOR — The fast refresh rate means smoother video transitions with zero dropped frames. Perfect for movies and video conferencing. Easier on the eyes, the higher refresh rates help reduce eyestrain during extended use.
- ALL-IN-ONE SOLUTION — Work. Play. Create. Experience. From the true cinema-quality multimedia display to the dual-input PIP/PBP integrated productivity tools. This compact desktop monitor works for entrepreneurs, casual gamers and content creators alike.
- VIOTEK GAMING SUITE — Smooth gameplay. Optimized colors. Sure-shot targeting. We know what it takes to play and win. That’s why we give players all the tools needed to play harder and better: AMD FreeSync, FPS/RTS optimization, GAMEPLUS crosshairs.
- BEST-IN-CLASS SUPPORT – We don’t play with dead pixels – neither will you! New Viotek ultrawide gaming monitors are protected by our Zero-Tolerance Dead Pixel Policy and 3-Year Limited Warranty, fully backed by a U.S. company.
The Viotek GNV29CB is a 29 inch curved (1200R curvature) ultra-wide (21:9) gaming monitor based on an VA WLED panel (anti-glare) by Samsung which sports a maximum resolution of 2560x1080p (Full HD) with a refresh rate of 120Hz making it both FreeSync and G-Sync compatible (you will need to manually enable G-Sync however from the NVIDIA control panel).
According to Viotek the GNV29CB also delivers an sRGB color gamut of 107%, 3000:1 contrast ratio, 280cd/m2 brightness, 5ms response time (G2G), pixel density of 96ppi, dual-input picture-in-picture and picture-by-picture and onscreen crosshairs thanks to their Gameplus feature. In terms of available connections, the GNV29CB comes ready with two HDMI ports (v1.4/2.0), single DisplayPort (v1.2) and a 3.5mm audio output (can be used with speakers and headsets).
Secondary features include a metal stand with tilt (5/-15 degrees) functionality, VESA mount compatibility (75x75mm), eco mode for reduced footprint and a subtle red LED at the rear of the screen. Finally, Viotek covers the GNV29CB with a 3-year limited warranty and a pixel perfect policy upon delivery (no questions asked replacement). So, let’s see if the Viotek GNV29CB is really worth getting.
2.GIGABYTE M27Q 27″
Pros & Cons
- 27" 2560x1440 SS IPS Display
- Viewing Angle is 178º (H) / 178º (V)
- 170Hz Refresh Rate, 0.5ms (MPRT) Response Time
- Smooth Gameplay with AMD FreeSync Premium
- Studio Grade VESA Display HDR400 and 92% DCI-P3 (140% sRGB) Color Gamut. Tilt(angle) : minus-5° - plus-20°
- Control multiple devices with KVM.GIGABYTE Classic Tactical Features with OSD Sidekick. GIGABYTE Auto-Update. Ergonomic Design with Tilt and Height Adjustments. Low Blue Light & Flicker-Free. VESA Wall Mount Compatible 100x100mm
The Gigabyte M27Q is excellent for gaming. It has exceptional response time, low input lag, and a high refresh rate to deliver incredibly smooth and responsive gameplay. Its large, high-resolution screen feels immersive, and it has wide viewing angles so that you can share content easily.
Unfortunately, it has poor ergonomics, which makes it harder to place the screen the way you want. Also, it isn’t well-suited for dark rooms because it has a low contrast ratio that makes blacks appear gray. The Gigabyte M27Q Gaming Monitor has a relatively simple design that’s nearly identical to the Gigabyte G27QC but with a flat, non-curved screen.
3.AOC C24G1 24″
Pros & Cons
- AOC Gaming 24" Class, 23. 6" Viewable AOC Gaming monitor with 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
- 1500R curved monitor (VA panel) wrapping around your vision for an immersive gaming experience
- Rapid 1ms (MPRT) response and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD Free Sync for smoothest competitive game play
- 3-Sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for the ultimate multi-monitor setup
- Height adjustable stand for optimum ergonomics
- Re-spawned: 3-year zero-bright-dot, 3-year advance replacement, 1-year (one-time) accidental damage
- Displayport, 2x HDMI 1. 4, VGA inputs with audio Line-out for convenience. Viewing angle- 178º horizontal, 178º vertical
- AOC low Blue mode and flickers for wellbeing during extended gaming sessions
The AOC C24G1 is an excellent 24″ 1080p 144Hz curved gaming monitor with 1ms MPRT, AMD FreeSync, and more nifty gaming features. It’s got a great design, diverse connectivity options, and a very appealing price tag.
The AOC C24G1 is based on a VA panel with true 8-bit color depth, an exceptional 3,000:1 static contrast ratio, a 250-nit peak brightness, 1080p resolution, and 178-degree wide viewing angles.
The Full HD resolution, 1920×1080, results in a decent pixel density of roughly 93 pixels per inch when displayed on the 23.6″ viewable screen of the AOC C24G1.
4.29″ Curved 100Hz LED
Pros & Cons
- 100Hz Refresh Rate: With 100Hz refresh rate and Adaptive Sync, you have more frames displayed on screen every second compared to a 60Hz or 75Hz screen, eliminating lag and motion blur for exhilarating gameplay with ultra-smooth action
- 21:9 Ultra Wide Screen: Designed to give discriminating office users, content creators, and gamers a more spacious, immersive view, delivering eye-popping visuals or simply extra room to work with more productivity
- Immersive Viewing Experience: The 1500R curvature of the screen lets you enjoy big, bold and stunning panoramic views while you work or play at home or the office
- Eye Care: Optimize your viewing comfort by reducing blue light emissions and flickers, play games, watch movies and edit photos for longer periods without worrying about eye strain or fatigue
- Thin Bezel & Tilting: Ultra-thin bezel for optimal screen visibility from edge to edge. 20° Backward and 5° forward tilt angles for ideal viewing. Slim design allows for versatile placement in homes or offices
- Multiple Ports Support: 2*HDMI, 1*DP and 1*Audio Output
- Gameplus Mode: It will give you an edge when you’re playing first-person shooting games
29 Inch Full HD 1080P Curved LED Gaming Monitor Ultra Wide HDMI-DP Connection with Speakers, VESA Wall Mount Ready for 2020
29″ curved panel monitor with Full HD UltraWide resolution delivers the incredible.Through AMD Radeon technology, the games frame rate is determined by your graphics card, not the fixed refresh rate of the monitor, giving you a serious competitive edge. Crisp, true-to-life colors come alive with the amazing 2560 x 1080 resolution, allowing you to enjoy High-Definition entertainment in the comfort of your home.
The wide view angle technology lets you share what’s on your screen with friends and family as colors stay true no matter what angle you’re viewing from. Incredible 100,000,000:1 contrast ratio and rapid response time ensure your games, work and movies are smooth and look as epic as possible.
5.Lenovo G34w-10 34-Inch
Pros & Cons
- Stunning Visuals - WQHD (Wide Quad HD) delivers a display resolution of 3440 x 1440 on a 21: 9 ultra-wide 34-inch panel
- Viewing Angle (L/R) (CR>=10) is 178°/178°; Brightness is 350 cd/m²
- Unrestricted Gaming - AMD Radeon FreeSync technology combines with 144Hz refresh rate for smooth gameplay
- Total Immersion - This 1500R curved gaming monitor creates a stunningly immersive experience that offers more realism and comfortable viewing
- Exceptional Ergonomics - VESA wall mount ready; adjustable tilt and lift for perfect posture and a clear view
- Eye Protection - TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light / TÜV Rheinland Flicker Free certified
The Lenovo G34W-10 is an excellent budget ultrawide gaming monitor. Its 34″ 3440×1440 curved VA panel with high contrast ratio ensures a cinematic viewing experience, and while there’s some smearing in fast-paced games, it’s mostly visible in darker scenes and doesn’t take away from the overall gaming enjoyment.
To start with, the monitor features the UWQHD resolution with 3440×1440 pixels; When displayed on its 34″ viewable screen, it results in a pixel density of roughly 110 PPI (pixels per inch).
For most people, this is the pixel density sweet spot. You get plenty of screen space with crisp details and text – and you don’t have to use any scaling.
The ultrawide format further improves upon this by providing you with extra horizontal screen space for multitasking and by extending your field of view in compatible games.
21:9 movies (2.35:1 – 2.40:1) also look exceptional as they are displayed without the blacks bars at the top and bottom of the screen like they’d be on a 16:9 display.
Best Ultrawide Monitors Under 500 – Ultrawide gaming monitors have started to pick up the pace amongst gamers and also for those looking to multi-task. It provides abundant screen real estate for gamers to be able to find enemies in the corner of their screen.
It also is a great monitor for those looking to be work more efficiently by working on multiple windows and tasks. These monitors have the ability to split, resize, and change the screen according to your desired needs.