Best Am4 Motherboards for Ryzen 9 3950x – The seven motherboards we have recommended above are the best for Ryzen 9 3950X. You can get one of our top picks, and they will assure you of the best operation. They are compatible with the latest generation processors for the best results.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Ultra
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 12 Phases IR Digital PowIRstage PWM
- Advanced Thermal Design - Fins-Array Heatsink & Direct Touch Heatpipe
- Triple ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4. 0/3. 0 x4 M. 2 with triple thermal guards
- Intel WiFi 6 802. 11ax 2T2R & BT 5
- Rear 125dB SNR Amp-Up Audio with alc1220-vb
- Realtek 2. 5GbE + Intel Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
- Usb turbocharger for mobile device Fast charge support
Gigabyte’s Aorus boards are the company’s gaming and enthusiast lineup, usually including features such as RGB LEDs, metal “armor” on the DIMM and/or PCIe slots, electrostatic discharge (ESD) guards, along with more of a focus on styling. The Aorus Ultra fits that mold, while offering a wide array of functionality at a reasonable price point.
Gigabyte’s X570 lineup includes common board sizes and a wide range of price points, from the entry-level X570 UD to the flagship X570 Aorus Xtreme offering a bit of something for everyone, even a Mini-ITX board in the X570-I Aorus Pro Wi-Fi.back to menu ↑
2.GIGABYTE Ultra Aorus AM4
- 128GB Dual DDR4-SDRAM
- ATX form factor
- Ports: 4 x USB2.0, 1 x LAN (RJ-45), 1 x HDMI, 3 x USB3.2 (Gen 1), 2 x USB3.2 Type-C, 1 x USB3.2 Type-A
- Chipset: AMD X570
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen, 2nd Gen Ryzen, plus more
Gigabyte’s Aorus boards are the company’s gaming and enthusiast lineup, usually including features such as RGB LEDs, metal “armor” on the DIMM and/or PCIe slots, electrostatic discharge (ESD) guards, along with more of a focus on styling.
The Aorus Ultra fits that mold, while offering a wide array of functionality at a reasonable price point. Gigabyte’s X570 lineup includes common board sizes and a wide range of price points, from the entry-level X570 UD to the flagship X570 Aorus Xtreme offering a bit of something for everyone, even a Mini-ITX board in the X570-I Aorus Pro Wi-Fi.back to menu ↑
- CPU: Socket AM4, Digi Power design, 6 Power Phase design, Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge); Supports 95W Water Cooling (Summit Ridge); Supports 65W Water Cooling (Raven Ridge)
- Chipset: AMD Promontory B450. OS - Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Slots: 6x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (one run at x8, three runs at x4, one run at x2), 4x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slots
- Supports DDR4 3533+ (OC)
- 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x2 & SATA3)
ASRock first introduced their Steel Legend motherboards back in January. This new series from ASRock is meant to give users great stability, a boatload of features, and a attractive design, all while keeping the price quite low. These boards feature ASRock’s “Full Spike” ESD protection for the USB, Ethernet, and audio ports, as well as utilize 60A power chokes and Nichicon 12K black capacitors.
The board we are taking a look at today is the B450 Steel Legend which is an the ATX model out of the pair (B450M Steel Legend is M-ATX). As you can guess this board leverages the AMD B450 chipset and besides the features we already mentioned this board makes use of a 6-phase power design, has dual M.2 slots, USB 3.1 gen 2 support, has ASRock’s “Steel Slot” on the PCI-Express x16 slot, and of course you are getting RGB on the board too! With all of these features can you believe this board is just over $100?! Read on as we take a look!back to menu ↑
- Supports AMD AM4 socket Ryzen 2000 and 3000 Series processors
- 10 power Phase design
- Supports DDR4 4666+ (OC)
- 2 PCIe 4.0 x16, 3 PCIe 4.0 x1
- Amd Quad CrossFireX and CrossFireX
For users looking to build out a new PC with AMD’s latest third-generation Ryzen processors, the AMD X570 is the only chipset in town that lets you leverage all of the new platform’s features. Asrock’s X570 Extreme4, to its credit, does it without collapsing into too-typical mobo overkill. T
his ATX-form-factor AM4 motherboard follows in the tradition of Asrock’s prior Extreme4 products for gamers and overclockers. It targets the space between high-end and midrange X570 motherboards, with a feature set that veers toward the former while costing much less than an elite tweaker board.
Will it seduce you away from a flagship motherboard? Most shoppers will find the X570 Extreme4 a healthy balance, and the savings might let you buy that extra 16GB RAM kit, or step up your graphics card or Ryzen CPU, versus investing in a much pricier “overclocker special.”back to menu ↑
5.ASUS Prime X570-Pro
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- 5-Way Optimization: one-click, system-wide tuning delivers optimized overclocks and intelligent cooling for CPU or gpu-intensive tasks
- Industry-leading cooling options: comprehensive controls for fans and dual pump headers, via fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI
- Asus Optic-MEM: careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved Memory overclocking
- Next-gen connectivity: supreme flexibility With PCIe Gen 4 support, Dual M. 2 support, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 ports and front-panel header
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
It has been long overdue for us to review but we wanted to wait on AGESA 220.127.116.11 ABBA firmware before we’d continue, we finally had some time to peek at the PRIME X570 Pro series of motherboards for Ryzen 3000. AMD prepped the X570 chipset offering a more refined experience for your Ryzen Generation 3 processor. The board offers PCIe Gen 4.0 and has distinctive looks in its white design.
This X570 motherboard is residing in the mainstream to high-end motherboard spectrum for the 3rd generation AMD Ryzen processors. With this release, you will spot a breathtaking motherboard loaded with features, DDR4 A-XMP functions, and PCIe 4.0 PCI slots and multiple PCIe 4.0 connected M.2. slots, with a massive heatsink as well. Other then that, the features are all very basic as there is no AX WIFI or Multi-GigE to be found on this board.
AMD has been going strong over the past year, rattling all the cages with an Intel logo on them. From top to bottom they have been able to compete with Intel. With Zen2 (codename ‘Matisse’) AMD is introducing a new line of processors starting at hexacore processors in the entry-level to mainstream segment (yeah, you read that right), eight and twelve cores for the mainstream to high-end, and up to 16-core Ryzen processors for the enthusiast level.back to menu ↑
Ryzen 9 3950X is a powerful processor that comes with 32 threads. The use of Zen architecture and the third-generation Ryzen technology makes it very powerful. Sometimes you would require more processing power, and installing a powerful processor is a great way to go about it. Buying a high-quality motherboard that can work with the latest processors assures you a great experience when performing gaming and running heavy computer programs such as graphic design.