Best b450 Motherboards – The extraordinary CPU compatibility is not the only thing that B450 excels at. Most of the motherboards of this chipset are quite affordable and, therefore, offer excellent value when compared to newer options such as B550 and X570. Not only that, but the B450 chipset also supports overclocking which means that you are not really losing a whole lot if you choose B450 over X570 in favor of some savings.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Remember to check for BIOS update prior to using!
Featuring heavy plated heat sinks and fierce looks, MSI arsenal GAMING motherboards are packed with gaming features for a refined gaming experience. MSI audio Boost delivers the highest sound quality through the use of premium quality Audio components.
This lets you enjoy breathtaking, game-changing sound to create the most exciting gameplay. MSI motherboards are crammed with features to fuel your gaming rig’s memory with more speed, higher overclock ability and increased stability. NOTE : Operating System : Support for Windows 10 64-bit and Support for Windows 7 64-bit *To support Windows 7 64-bit, you must install an AMD Pinnacle Ridge & Summit Ridge CPUback to menu ↑
2.MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Turbo M.2: running at PCI-E Gen3 x4 maximizes performance for NVMe based SSDs
- Flash BIOS button: Simply use a USB key to flash any bios within seconds, without installing a CPU, Memory or graphics card
- Multi-gpu: With Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports 2-Way AMD Crossfire
MSI motherboards feature tons of convenient and smart design, such as convenient pin-header keep out zone, friendly SATA & USB location and so on, so DIY users can pick and choose any gaming rig they want. Cooling your PC is essential for reliable performance. MSI motherboards feature excellent power design with solid and heavy heatsink. We’ve made sure to include enough fan headers with full control to allow you to cool your system any way you want.
Every MSI motherboards are certified by strict mechanic that feature convenient pin-header keep out zone, friendly SATA & USB location for compatibility with the widest range of components and devices, so DIY user can pick and choose the components they want. More than that, we offer a dedicated Qualified Vendor List (QVL) for the most critical part – memory. Combining with MSI DDR4 Boost technology, we provide the maximum compatibility, so you confirm and choose any gaming rig as you want.back to menu ↑
3.GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M
- Supports AMD 1st & 2nd Generation Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- PCIe Gen3 M.2 NVMe with Thermal Guard
- High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard
- GIGABYTE Exclusive 8118 Gaming LAN
- HDMI, DVI-D Ports for Multiple Display
- RGB FUSION with Digital LED & RGB LED Headers
- Smart Fan 5 with FAN STOP
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-A
- CEC 2019 Ready
GIGABYTE motherboards are ready to support the latest AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series Processors and are backwards compatible with AMD Ryzen™ 4000, 3000, 2000 and 1000 Series Processors.
With a rich list of features on GIGABYTE motherboards such as Ultra Durable™ Armor for PCIe/ memory slots, USB Type-C™ interfaces on select boards, refined audio quality, high speed Ethernet, and the latest standard WIFI design on selected models, GIGABYTE motherboards are perfect for users looking to build the best AMD platform systems.
GIGABYTE 400-series maximize your PC’s potential with AMD StoreMI technology. StoreMI accelerates traditional storage devices to reduce boot times and enhance the overall user experience. This easy-to-use utility combines the speed of SSDs with the high capacity of HDDs into a single drive, enhances the read/write speeds of the device to match that of SSDs, bolsters data performance for incredible value, and transforms the everyday PC to a performance driven system.back to menu ↑
4.ASRock B450 Steel
- CPU: Socket AM4, Digi Power design, 6 Power Phase design, Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge); Supports 95W Water Cooling (Summit Ridge); Supports 65W Water Cooling (Raven Ridge)
- Chipset: AMD Promontory B450. OS - Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Slots: 6x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (one run at x8, three runs at x4, one run at x2), 4x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slots
- Supports DDR4 3533+ (OC)
- 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x2 & SATA3)
It’s been a long time since I’ve had this board in my test rig and even longer since the B450 chipset debuted. As a budget and alternative chipset to X470, it is understandable that many may shy away from it particularly those who are looking at the upper echelon of gaming motherboards from ASRock.
Afterall, quite literally my favourite board to date for the X570 chipset is the ASRock X570 Taichi, par none. However, not all of us are fortunate enough to have the means for such a board and the B series is where we must find our motherboard solutions. Fortunately, this isn’t just any B450 motherboard, it’s the ASRock B450M Steel Legend and legendary it very much is.back to menu ↑
5.ASUS TUF B450-Plus
- 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 processors maximize connectivity and speed with NVMe M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2 and gigabit LAN
- Military-grade TUF components like TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs maximize durability
- TUF Protection with Safe Slot and Overvoltage protection ensures component stability and dependability
- Unmatched personalization with ASUS exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting and additional RGB header
- 3-Year Warranty for guaranteed reliability built on military-grade engineering
It’s easy to forget that there are plenty of good-value B450 motherboards out there in the wake of scores of wallet-hitting X570 boards landing in the nine weeks since 3rd Gen Ryzen’s arrival. Most are equally capable of running AMD’s new CPUs, and today we’re making the switch from our trusty Ryzen 7 2700X to the mighty Ryzen 9 3900X to test previous-generation motherboards.
The first test subject is the Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming, a sub-£100 micro-ATX motherboard that ticks most boxes when it comes to an affordable board for those on tight budgets.
The form factor is really rather welcome, as only a handful of micro-ATX boards have been released for any AM4 chipset, and while the TUF B450M-Plus Gaming isn’t exactly a flagship model, it has everything most enthusiasts need when shopping in this price range.
Best b450 Motherboards – One big drawback of B450, however, is the PCIe Gen 4 support which it lacks, but one can only have so many features at this price point. B450 motherboards still make a lot of sense in 2021 due to their low costs, high compatibility, and diverse feature set.