Best Budget Motherboards for fx 8350 – In a nutshell, the Best motherboard for AMD FX 8350 is very limited as this processor is very much outdated. It takes up a lot of power, as well. To overclock such a high power consuming CPU, you will need a stable motherboard with good VRMs and sufficient phases to keep the voltages steady. We suggest you go for a motherboard with a high number of VRMs and proper heatsinks. Under severe overclocking conditions, it might lead your mobo to cause BSOD. USB 3.0 is the maximum you can get out of our list of motherboards, and M.2 is only supported by one of the motherboards in our list. The RGB could also be the decisive factor for gamers who appreciate aesthetics along with performance. Before buying, be sure your motherboard supports Windows 10 as most titles now only run on the latest windows, and direct x 12 and above also run on recent windows.
1.ASUS M5A99FX PRO
Pros & Cons
- Win8 Support Ready - Upgraded Hardware and Native BIOS Support, with 2 second Fast Boot.
- Dual Intelligent Processors 3 - New DIGI+ Power Control, with DRAM and CPU Power, and SMART DIGI+ Key
- Network iControl - Real-time network bandwidth control application that easily allowing users to prioritize bandwidth to different applications.
- Remote GO!- Simple Solution provides Seamless Wireless Enjoyment, turning the Smart Handhelds into your best home entertainment console.
- USB 3.0 Boost-Set USB 3.0 devices into 3 modes: Normal, Turbo, UASP to improve overall read/write performance instantaneously.Please refer the Use rManual before use
All great CPUs need a home. Sometimes that home is a hand-me-down motherboard from computers past (assuming the sockets are the same), but sometimes it’s a brand-spanking-new board to house your brand-spanking-new CPU. In my case, I’m tossing my recently acquired AMD FX-8350 into the ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0.
That mouthful of letters and numbers represents the newest offering from ASUS sporting the 990FX chipset, AM3+ socket, and enough features to satisfy most without flattening your wallet more than needed.
The ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 offers up similar features to those found in mainstream AMD 990FX chipset boards: SATA 6G ports, 8-channel audio, and enough PCI Express ports to shake a stick at. Additionally, there are an extra two SATA 6G ports thanks to the inclusion of an ASMedia SATA controller.
Another ASMedia controller bumps up the complement of eight internal USB 2.0 ports with an additional two internal USB 3.0 ports for ultra-fast connectivity to external devices. With all of these features and a reasonable price, surely ASUS has a hit on its hands here. Keep reading to see if that holds true!
2.ASUS Prime Z390-A
Pros & Cons
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M. 2, USB 3. 1 Gen2 and ASUS Optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5-Way Optimization that has the intelligence to overclock a CPU based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry. OptiMem II: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with Safe Slot Core, LAN Guard, Over voltage Protection provide longevity, reliability. FanXpert 4 delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition audio codec
Starting with the premier entry-level Prime range, the ASUS Prime Z390-A is an ATX sized motherboard and features a white, silver and black design throughout. The board has a white rear panel cover and chipset heatsink, with integrated RGB on both with support for ASUS AURA Sync.
The PCB has a white patterning which contrasts quite nicely and represents one of the more subtle looking ASUS Z390 options. The Prime Z390-A has three full-length PCIe 3.0 slots with two getting treated to ASUS Safe slot armor protection and the slots operate at x16, x8 and x4 from top to bottom. This means the Prime Z390-A officially supports two-way SLI and up to three-way CrossFire multi-graphics card configurations.
3.ASUS 970 Pro Gaming
Pros & Cons
- AM3+ socket with 970 chipset for AMD FX processors
- Supreme delivers flawless audio that makes you part of the game
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet with LANGuard for top-speed protected networking
- Dual USB 3.1 Type A ports and M.2 (PCIe 2.0 x4) for ultra-speedy data transfers
- Aura RGB LED lighting control for a customized look
Rather than cry myself to sleep waiting for the boards to arrive, I decided to look at the many other boards that are relevant to my interests. In response to my previous article, many people asked, “Why would anyone drop money on such an old chipset?” Well, some people are just getting into the PC-building hobby; others are replacing broken hardware, and some just love AMD products and want to spend more of their money on other components.
After exiting the time machine from my trip to 2013 for my 990FX review, I saw that FedEx left a suspicious package on my doorstep. Lo and behold, Asus had sent me an AMD product to review: the Asus 970 Pro Gaming/Aura board. Queue the comments section:
“This isn’t even the top-of-the-line AMD chipset; why would you waste your time on this thing?” Being an enthusiast and always in search of knowledge and experience, I found this product offered a perfect opportunity to expand my knowledge of board manufacturers as well as introduce some more components and tests to my bench that the comment section desperately desired.
4.ASUS M5A99X Evo – AM3+
Pros & Cons
- AMD socket AM3+ for AMD FX Series CPU up to 8-core compatible with AMD Socket AM3 Processors
- AMD 990X/SB950 Chipset
- DIGI+ VRM - New Era of Digital Power Design that fully enables Superior System Stability, High Power Efficiency and Improved Performance Scaling
- EPU - System Level Energy Saving & Real-time Power Management for Superb Platform Power Efficiency
- TPU - Increase Platform Performance Instantly with Self Optimized Settings while retaining Full System Stability
- Dual Graphics Support - NVIDIA SLI Ready on AMD 990 Platform for high-performance graphics
- UEFI BIOS - BIOS control via a Graphical Interface with mouse controlled support featuring unparalleled control options
- 2.2TB or higher native HD support, and Quick Boot features
ust released into the retail space from ASUS, sporting one of AMD’s latest 9-series chipsets, the M5A99X EVO is a mainstream-oriented full-size ATX product equipped with the new AMD 990X chipset. With AMD set to release a slew of new CPUs and APUs in the near future, the ASUS M5A99X EVO’s release is a pre-emptive strike, allowing users an easy incremental upgrade using their current AM3 CPUs, so their systems are ready and waiting for the upcoming AMD AM3+ CPU/APU launch.
With a standard black and blue color scheme, the M5A99X EVO, like its EVO brethren, seeks to punish the competition, offering several exclusive features not seen elsewhere. Will it turn the competition black and blue, or does the color scheme hint that it’s going to take a few lumps itself? We put it in the ring, and see what sort of fighter it really is.
Pros & Cons
- AM3+ CPU Support Ready
- Core Unlocker Unlock true Core performance intelligently
- Anti Surge Full time Power Guardian Make System Free From Risk
- ASUS EPU System Level Energy Saving
- Low EMI protect you: 50% less radiation
I bought this product as an upgrade to my existing motherboard, which was an Asus M2N68-SE2 board. This board supports my exisitng processor, has higher data transfer speeds and uses DDR3 memory. It also has Gigabit LAN, supports 16Gb memory with four slots, and has lots of ports (SATA, eSATA). Its a great board. Worked brilliantly from the start, and once the software and drivers were loaded, even better. I found it easy to set up and I am very pleased with it. Thank you ASUS, another great motherboard that packs a lot of punch for a very reasonable price.
Best Budget Motherboards for fx 8350 – AMD FX 8350 is the ultra-budget king if you are looking for 100+ fps gaming at 1080p resolution. You cannot go 4k on this processor, but it’s still good enough to produce decent scores on the 3d mark. Most game competitive online games like PUBG, Fortnite, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare are GPU intensive games. The CPU does not have a lot of physics to deal with, thus maintaining high framerates.