Best Lga 1150 Motherboards for Gaming – Many of the models of the motherboards are available in the market with a vast range of differentiated chipsets that are manufactured with different types of models of the Central Processing Unit (CPU). However, numerous of motherboards come to you with the connectivity of the wire and many among them possess WiFi connection so that you will find ease in your use. So you can opt from the above described best models of motherboards having WiFi in this review blog along with the buying guide to help you out in buying the best motherboard for yourself.
Is there an LGA 1150 motherboard that we missed that you think should be in this guide? Let us know in the comments below with your top pick and what hardware combo you would use with it.
The common of the motherboard form factor is ATX and Micro ATX. There is nothing to worry about the form factor of motherboards because the best PC ranges will definitely support form factor more than one. Build your next PC to be the best choosing the right motherboard Alongside the frequently asked questions mentioned here also would enable you to get you out of all of the confusion including the pros and cons of each item.
Pros & Cons
- Chipset: Intel Z97 Express
- Memory: 4x DDR3-3100(OC)/ 3000(OC)/ 2933(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2666(OC)/ 2600(OC)/ 2500(OC)/ 2400(OC)/ 2200(OC)/ 2133(OC)/ 2000(OC)/ 1866(OC)/ 1800(OC)/ 1600/ 1333 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Max Capacity of 32GB
- Slots: 2x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (one runs at x8), 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot (runs at x4), 3x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slots, 1x PCI Slot
- Multi-Graphics: Supports 3-Way/ 2-Way AMD Crossfire and 2-Way NVIDIA SLI Technology
- 1 x D-Sub port, 1 x DVI-I port, 1 x HDMI port, Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
- Support for 3-Way/2-Way AMD Crossfire and 2-Way NVIDIA SLI Technology
- Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
The Intel Z97 chipset’s life is getting ready to come to an end as the next generation of Intel processors are due for an update soon, which means a change in chipset and socket. That doesn’t mean that the Z97 motherboards and socket 1150 chips become useless, they’ll be available and popular for a few more years.
There are so many different Z97 motherboards available, it can be confusing which one is the best option. Many times it comes down to the value added features. Gigabyte has their Black Edition motherboards that go through a more rigorous testing process, a 168 hour server level durability test, typically ensuring the best quality and robustness.
2.GIGABYTE B450M DS3H
Pros & Cons
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 1st Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ 1st Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Feature Digital VRM Solution with Low RDS(on) MOSFETs
- HDMI, DVI-D Ports for Multiple Display
- Ultra-Fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe & SATA mode support
- High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
- GIGABYTE Exclusive 8118 Gaming LAN with Bandwidth Management
- RGB Fusion supports RGB LED Strips in 7-Colors
- Smart Fan 5 Features 5 Temperature Sensors and 2 Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
The last of GIGABYTE’s launch day motherboards comes via the B450M DS3H which hails from the Ultra Durable range. With the shift here from gaming to a more subtle theme, the styling choices opted here by GIGABYTE come across as less ‘in your face’ without RGB LEDs built into the heatsinks, but users looking to make use of rainbow-colored RGB can do so through a single RGB LED strip header.
Without a lot of the bells and whistles of the B450 Aorus motherboards, what the B450M DS3H does focus on is providing value without sacrificing too much on the overall quality.
The general controller choice does put this board in the lower range of AM4 boards available, but the Realtek ALC887 audio codec still does a decent job of providing onboard audio. With a Realtek GbE LAN controller present also, the DS3H is admirable for users on a strict budget, but who also require a smaller microATX form factor.
3.Asus MAXIMUS VII
Pros & Cons
- ASUS Maximus VII Gene Render
- Please ensure that your original part number matches this exactly, or check with the manufactuer for compatiblity. Customers are responsible for compatiblity.
- This part is guaranteed to be fully functional, original and authentic.
- ASUS Maximus VII Gene Render
The ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO has a long-standing tradition to live up to, and while the first Hero board did well, it did have a few shortcomings and might have been overshadowed by some of the other new ROG boards, like the IMPACT. What an apt name that is too, IMPACT, as that board definitely made its mark on the OC scene. So who exactly did the HERO save?
I think people may overlook something with ASUS’s HERO SKU. The idea of who it’s suppose to champion may not be immediately obvious unless you know some of the OC scene’s past history and ASUS’s ROG branding. Like with the IMPACT, many users requested that ASUS release a trimmed down board, stripped of the features that were not needed while still packing all the awesome engineering ASUS is known for.
To me, that is this HERO’s main purpose. Capable of much, but much cheaper than HEROs of the past, the EXTREME, GENE, and FORMULA, it is to provide a decent and affordable platform to push performance limits on.
4.ASUS AM4 TUF
Pros & Cons
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: Military-grade TUF components, Pro Cool socket and Digi plus VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-Gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 m.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard and technology
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS and Firmware to download the latest BIOS
Asus’ TUF lineup has changed from the ultra-robust, heavy shielding it was known for in years past and has evolved more toward gaming-centric boards with protection on individual parts such as the PCIe and DIMM slots. ESD guards, additional surge protection measures and military-grade components are still a part of the TUF lineup, but the additional hardening went beyond what was necessary for most use cases.
These changes have made the Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi the second-least-expensive board in the Asus X570 product stack just missing the mark to be our best motherboards pick in the budget X570 category.
5.ASRock ATX DDR3
Pros & Cons
- Supports the 5th/ New 4th/ 4th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3/ Pentium/ Celeron Processors
- Memory: 4x DDR3-3000+(OC)/ 2933(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2400(OC)/ 2133(OC)/ 1866(OC)/ 1600/ 1333/ 1066 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 32GB
- Slots: 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot, 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot (runs at x4), 2x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slots, 2x PCI Slots
- SATA: 6x SATA3 Ports, Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10; 1x SATA Express Port
- Ports: 6x USB 3.0 Ports (4 rear, 2 via headers), 6x USB 2.0 Ports (3 rear, 2 via headers, 1 Fatal1ty Mouse Port), 1x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Combo Port, 1x VGA Port, 1x DVI-D Port, 1x HDMI Port, 1x Optical S/PDIF Out, 1x RJ45 LAN Port, Audio I/O Jacks
The best battles happen in the brief period where the new technology is still more expensive.
There have been occasions where the new technology took a long time to catch up, and occasions where it turns out to be a dead end.
The Pentium 4 was already on its second core (and socket) before it could decisively beat the Pentium 3, and even then was so inefficient that the Pentium 3 became the basis for Intel’s later Core technology. DDR3 proponents can make similar arguments concerning recent low-voltage modules, which are rated at far lower latencies than similar-voltage DDR4.
6.ASRock FATAL1TY Z97X
Pros & Cons
- ASRock FATAL1TY Z97X KILLER -LGA1150 Intel Z97 Chipset DDR3/ Quad CrossFireX & Quad SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard
- ASRock FATAL1TY Z97X KILLER
The other day, we got a chance to check out the brand new Devils Canyon processor from Intel, the i7-4790K. Being the new top 1150 LGA processor from the company, it has, of course, made its way into our testbed to replace our much loved i7-4770K that has served us extremely well since its introduction.
The first board that will be making use of the new processor will be the ASRock Z97X Killer, which was the motherboard we used in our initial review of the processor.
Here on the review bench today we have the latter board, which has a fundamental design similar to that of the Tai Chi, but more features and more aggressive styling.
7.ASRock H110 Pro
Pros & Cons
- ASRock Super Alloy
- Supports 7th and 6th Generation Intel CoreTM i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
- Supports DDR4 2400/2133
- 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 12 PCIe 2.0 x1
- 4 SATA3, 1 M.2 (SATA3)
The AsRock H110 Pro BTC+ is the successor of the famous AsRock H110 PRO BTC, which is one of the best rated motherboards for mining. AsRock announced that the H110 Pro BTC+ will be available in the second half of July, which is really great news for those of us who are looking to assemble big GPU rigs.
People look after the H110 because its predecessor, the H81 is still considered one of the best and sought-after motherboards for mining. I have talked about it before on this blog.
“Did not have trouble setting this up, it just worked.”
Indeed, with so many people having trouble to make work all the GPUs they installed on their motherboards, the H81 is indeed a step forward.
Pros & Cons
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel ddr4 memory, up to 4400(oc) MHz
- Turbo M.2: PCI-E gen3 x4 interfACe maximizes performance for NVME SSDS
- Core boost, 8+4 pin CPU power connector, ddr4 boost
- Built for reliable operation
- Operating system - Support for windows 10 64-bit
- Intel turbo USB 3.1 gen2: powered by intel USB 3.1 gen2 controller, turbo USB ensures an uninterrupted connection with more stability and fastest USB speeds
- Multi-gpu: With steel armor pci-e slots. Supports 2-way amd crossfire
- Extended heatsink design: msi extended pwm and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
The main difference between the MSI Z390-A PRO and the rest of MSI’s Z390 product stack is that this board isn’t specifically targeted towards gamers. The aesthetics are simple with a coffee colored PCB which does include silver patterning across it; primarily around the edges of the board and around the silver and black heatsinks.
The main selling point of the MSI Z390-A PRO is in its value with a good selection of controllers including an Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet controller and a Realtek ALC892 HD audio codec handling the onboard audio.
The storage options are pretty basic on the Z390-A PRO with this being the only Z390 MSI board to feature only one PCIe/SATA M.2 slot; this is complemented by a total of six SATA ports with support for RAID 0. 1. 5 and 10 arrays. In terms of memory, the board is packing four RAM slots with support for DDR4–4400 with a maximum capacity of up to 64 GB.
9.MSI B460M PRO-VDH
Pros & Cons
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core / Pentium Celeron processors for LGA 1200 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 2933MHz
- Core Boost: With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- DDR4 Boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best performance and stability.
- Twin Turbo M. 2: Running at PCI-E Gen3 x4 maximizes performance for NVMe based SSDs
MSI B460M PRO series motherboards are designed to satisfy any professional workflow. Elevate your listening pleasure and enjoy extreme sound quality.
Moreover, with years of experience in creating performance enhancing tools that are easy to use, only the highest quality applications are at your disposal. The extensive features let you fine-tune your system to deliver reliable maximum performance.
Pros & Cons
- More for the money with this high quality Product
- Offers premium quality at outstanding saving
- Excellent product
- 100% satisfaction
Performance from our benchmark hardware was as expected, with our Intel Core i5-4670K managing an overall score of 100. The UEFI BIOS isn’t particularly complex to use, but if you decide to overclock the processor, you’ll be on your own because there are no automatic overclocking tools on this cheap board.
It’s hard to complain about the MSI H81M-P33 when you consider it’s very low price, but given the problems we had with USB connectors, there are better boards on the market for only slightly more. The Asus B85M-G is a better all-round motherboard.
Best Lga 1150 Motherboards for Gaming – BUYER’S GUIDE
The first thing that you need to look at while you are looking at an LGA 1150 Motherboard is its compatibility with your device. Investing in a unit that is not compatible with your device will only prove to be a waste of money. For this reason, one needs to be careful and ensure that the unit they are looking at will work with their PC.
The most recent chipsets put forth by Intel are the Z97 and the H97. While you are considering your options, you need to see what chipsets the motherboard features and if it the kind that you require based on your use. Older chipsets do not provide efficient functioning and are better avoided.
< class="">RAM Compatibility
The last thing that needs to be considered is the RAM compatibility of the given unit. There are different types of units that support different frequencies, but not one that supports all. This is why one needs to carefully determine what frequency they need their computer to work on and then choose a unit accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
LGA 1150 may have been around for some time now, and there may be newer variables, but no, that does not mean it is outdated itself. It is also nowhere close to being obsolete. In fact, it is still highly functional and provides a performance that is similar to the new Ryzen 3 Quad-Core CPU model.
< class="">Is LGA1155 Compatible With LGA 1150?
Unfortunately, no, the LGA 1155 is not compatible with LGA 1150. The LG 1150 is only compatible with the 4th Gen Intel CPUs. In order to fit an LGA 1150 board, one needs an LGA 1150 CPU; other variables are not entirely compatible.
< class="">Is LGA 1150 and 1155 the Same?
The LGA 1150 and LGA 1155 are not the same. The two may look identical, but they are not interchangeable. If you try to fit an LGA 1150 where LGA 1155 belongs or vice versa, the unit may fit into place due to the similar dimensions, but the CPU will not work.
Best Lga 1150 Motherboards for Gaming – The majority of the people around the globe have got the center of attraction to be the CPUs and GPUs apart from both of them, they also consider looking at other components of the computers to work and be the best functional on the unit, that is; the Motherboard on the top of the list.
The most important of all the components of the PC is the motherboard. It holds together the parts of the computer to work in alignment without any disruptions. The components it holds together includes a Central Processing Unit (CPU), Storage, and the connectors that will give an output and input of the data and other gadgets.