If you have any queries about these X99 motherboards then feel free to ask me by leaving a comment below.
Best Lga 2011 Motherboards for Gaming – I have tried my best to provide you the list of best LGA 2011-v3 motherboards based on Intel X99 chipset for gaming and work. These motherboards are available in all form factors that include mini-ITX, micro-ATX, ATX, and E-ATX.
If you are trying to choose a motherboard that will work the best for your PC, it can be difficult. Most people won’t start by looking for the socket, but everyone starts somewhere different.
1.ASRock Mini ITX DDR4
- Intel Z170
- Memory: 2x DDR4-3500+(OC)/ 3200(OC)/ 2933(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2400(OC)/ 2133 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel,
- Slots: 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot, 1x Half-size Mini-PCI Express Slot
- SATA: 6x SATA3 Ports, Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10; 1x SATA Express Port
You could grab an Nvidia RTX 3080, a top spec NVMe SSD , and 32GB of DDR4-3600, and use them all with an A520 motherboard. That would be an unlikely combo, but would remain a high performing one nonetheless.
And compare A520 to Intel’s B460 motherboards for a minute. You can run memory speeds at well above B460’s DDR4-2666 or 2933 hard limit, and you’re less likely to run into VRM heating issues thanks to the more power thrifty nature of Ryzen CPUs.
Then there’s the cherry on top which is support for the upcoming AMD Ryzen 5000 series and, almost as importantly, Ryzen 4000 series APUs. Combine a Zen 3 CPU with a motherboard such as this ASRock A520M ITX/ac and you’ll be able to build an affordable and compact system that—if AMD is to be believed—may beat any Intel in any kind of workload.
- LGA1151 Supports 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core Processors
- Chipset: Intel Z390.Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Memory: 2x DDR4 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 32GB.Supports Bluetooth 5.0 + High speed class II
- Slots: 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot
- SATA: 4x SATA3 Ports Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
There’s also no Wi-Fi, but there’s an e-key slot for an optional card, and those aren’t super expensive if you want to add some wireless networking to your machine. We spot seven fan headers around the board, and two headers for USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports. There’s a single USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C header too.
RGB is minimal, with just a small PG logo atop the chipset heatsink, though there are ARGB headers if bling is your thing.
Does a typical gamer need more than one slot for a graphics card? If the board has WiFi, LAN, USB 3.0 and decent audio, most of the core bases are covered.
- Supports 6th Generation Intel Core Processors (Socket 1151)
- Supports Dual Channel DDR4 2133
- 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 Vertical Half-size Mini-PCIe
- 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
Compared to traditional chokes, ASRock’s premium 45A power chokes effectively make the saturation current up to three times better, thus providing enhanced and improved Vcore voltage to the motherboard. Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM) is another innovative MOSFETs design by ASRock.
The silicon die area is increased by stacking two dies into one MOSFET. The larger the die area, the lower Rds(on). Compared to traditional discrete MOSFET, DSM with larger die area provides extreme lower Rds(on) 1.2 m?, so the power supply for the CPU Vcore is more efficient.
- Ultra-fast 10Gb/s USB 3.1 built in to the board
- Patent Pending OC Socket - Drive CPU and DDR4 performance beyond all expectations!
- 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5 - One click overclock and cooling, done!
- Dual 32Gb/s ultrafast M.2 x4 (onboard and PCIE add-in card)
- Crystal Sound 2 - Flawless audio that makes you part of the game!
- ASUS Home Cloud with 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi - Access your PC remotely and stream multimedia content anywhere, anytime
Back when the platform launched, we noted that X99 motherboards were priced around $120 higher than Z97 boards if you compared add-in features. We also observed that the X99’s additional integrated extras only helped offset the more expensive hardware. Enthusiasts needing to run different data to a bunch of high-bandwidth cards would need the extra PCIe lanes of X99, while those looking to send the same information to multiple GPUs in SLI or CrossFire could get similar results from Z97 by purchasing a board with PLX’s switch.
Even if the price difference dropped to , sales of X99 motherboards are highly dependent on power users needing more than four physical cores, more than 20 lanes of PCIe connectivity, four channels of (expensive) DDR4 memory or, ignoring third-party storage controllers, more than six SATA ports native to the chipset.
5.ASUS ATX DDR3
- USB 3.1 On-board
- 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5 - One click, total system optimization!
- M.2 & SATA Express - Speed up your system with lightning-fast 10Gb/s transfer speed
- Crystal Sound 2 and Intel Gigabit Ethernet - a game-winning combo!
- ASUS Home Cloud with 802.11ac Wi-Fi - Access your PC remotely and stream multimedia content anywhere, anytime
- Proven quality - 5X Protection. 1000+ compatible devices. 7000+ validation hours.
Think of the motherboard as the nervous system of the computer. Every component in the PC connects to the motherboard, receiving signals. And the components are able to communicate with each other using the motherboard.
If you’re planning to build a computer or if you want to give your current PC new life, a new motherboard is the place to start.
Our motherboard product list above will give you a leg up in your research. We’ve looked closely at a number of motherboards, finding those that offer great quality, prices, and components.
Granted, installing a new motherboard isn’t for everyone. But even if you’re hiring a company to build a PC for you, it pays to know what types of motherboards are available.
- Dual socket R3 (LGA 2011) supports Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4/ v3 family; QPI up to 9.6GT/s
- Intel C612 chipset
- Up to 2TB ECC 3DS LRDIMM , up to DDR4- 2400MHz ; 16x DIMM slots
- 3x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 2x PCI-E 3.0 x8 and 1x PCI-E 2.0 x4 (in x8) slot
- Dual GbE LAN ports via Intel i210. 6x USB 3.0 (4 rear, 2 via header)5x USB 2.0 (2 rear, 2 via header,1 Type A)
- 10x SATA3 (6Gbps) ports w/ Intel C612 controller; RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
- 10x SATA3 (6Gbps); RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
- Intel i210 Gbe LAN, 2 ports
- Up to 512GB ECC DDR4 2133MHz; 8x DIMM sockets
- Intel C612 chipset
With the launch of Intel’s Ice Lake Xeon Scalable platform comes a new socket and a range of features that vendors like Supermicro have to design for. The server and enterprise market is so vast that every design can come in a range of configurations and settings, however one of the key elements is managing compute density with memory and accelerator support.
The SYS-120U-TNR we are testing today is a dense system with lots of trimmings all within a 1U, to which Supermicro is aiming at virtualization workloads, HPC, Cloud, Software Defined Storage, and 5G. This system can be equipped with upwards of 80 cores, 12 TB of DRAM, and four PCIe 4.0 accelerators, defining a high-end solution from Supermicro.
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- New 10 plus 2 Phases digital PWM Design; Form Factor: ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 22.5cm
- Dual Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 (1 with thermal Guard) and SATA interface
- 2-Way Crossfire Multi-Graphics Support with PCIe Armor and Ultra Durable Design
- Intel native USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A
- Intel GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
- Ultra Durable 25kV ESD and 15kV surge LAN protection
- High quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
- Support RGB lighting Effect in full colors
Z390 is a requirement for overclocking Intel’s latest processors, yet lower-cost models often abuse that credential by throttling back under the hefty power load of Intel’s high-end Core i9-9900K. Of course, there are buyers who would choose a lesser processor to better match those low-cost boards, which is why we recently retested a few under the lighter load of a Core i5.
Among those recent Intel boards we tested, Gigabyte’s Z390 SLI stood out as the one inexpensive option that fully supported both high-end and mid-range processors. The Z390 Gaming X ($150 / £154) offers a similar design to the pricier model, for those who don’t need (or want to pay for) SLI.
- Powerful performance support 11th and 10th Gen Intel Core series processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 memory, 4 DIMMs
- Go further without more cables by VisionLINK I/O design
- High-bandwidth and low-latency network support by Intel 2.5GbE LAN
- Comprehensive connectivity by front and rear USB3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C connectors
Gigabyte’s Z590 Aorus Master includes an incredibly robust VRM, ultra-fast Wi-Fi and wired networking, premium audio, and more. While its price of roughly is substantial, it’s reasonable for the features you get, and far from the price of the most premium models in recent generations.
If you don’t mind a bit of audible VRM fan noise and like lots of USB and fast wired and wireless networking, it’s well worth considering.
Gigabyte’s current Z590 product stack consists of 13 models. There are familiar SKUs and a couple of new ones
9.GIGABYTE B365M DS3H
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4
- New hybrid digital PWM design
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard with LED trace path lighting
- Ultra-fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 and SATA interface
All in all, we can conclude that this motherboard is a good one if you need properly to use a 9th or 8th gen processor. Also, with its nowadays price, this is one of your best low-end affordable options for intel processors.
However, this board is not advisable if you need a high TDP CPU or if you want to overclock since this board does not feature a heatsink fairing to keep the VRM circuit cool. Besides, if you need a cheap LGA 1200 with 10th gen intel support, you can check out this one: Gigabyte B460M DS3H.
- Supports Intel 1151 Xeon E processors and 9th/8th Gen. Intel Core/ Pentium/ Celeron processors
- Supports DDR4 ECC & non-ECC Un-buffered Memory
- 4 PCIe x16 slots for multi cards, support for AMD Quad-GPU Crossfire and 4-way AMD Crossfire technologies
- Dual Intel Server GbE LAN support Intel vPro Technology
- Large storage capacity: 10 SATA3 Ports
GIGABYTE X299-WU8 motherboard is equipped with dual PLX8747 chips and its 7 PCIe x16 slots can support up to 4x dual-slot cards with PCIe x16 bandwidth or up to 7x single-slot cards with PCIe x8 bandwidth. The powerful heatsink design and selected components also enable users to unleash full performance from NEW Intel Core X-Series Processors up to 18 Cores!
Both X299-WU8 and C246-WU4 are designed to support the latest Intel CPUs. X299-WU8 supports NEW Intel Core X-Series Processors up to 18 Cores and C246-WU4 is ready for Intel XEON-E and 9th/8th Gen Intel Core Processors up to 8 Cores.
These two new motherboards are both equipped with dual Intel server GbE LAN, USB3.1 Type-C, PCIe x4 M.2 connector, and up to 10 SATA Ports to provide outstanding connectivity and expandability.
Best Lga 2011 Motherboards for Gaming – BUYER’S GUIDE
If you are thinking of building a high-end gaming PC with the latest Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition processors, top of the line graphics cards in multi-GPU setup then you will need a top-quality Intel X99 Chipset motherboard that supports LGA2011-v3 Socket processors. Intel X99 Chipset is the top of line motherboard chipset from Intel that supports the high-end Intel Core i7 Extreme and Xeon server processors, dual GPU configurations, offers many advanced features & ports and provides blazingly fast performance in gaming, server as well in other heavy-duty applications. LGA 2011-v3 Socket is also known as Socket R3 or LGA 2011-3. Here in this post, I am going to list down the best X99 motherboards for all budgets and form factors (mini-ITX, micro-ATX & ATX). All these X99 motherboards support overclocking, DDR4 RAM, Socket LGA2011-v3 Intel Core i7 and Intel Xeon Server processors. The only thing these motherboards lack is display connectors/ports (no onboard graphics) and you have to invest in a good graphics card for Intel X99 motherboards.
Best Lga 2011 Motherboards for Gaming – The motherboard is one of the most important components of a PC whether it is a gaming PC, workstation or a normal PC. A powerful and feature-rich motherboard can really increase your desktop PC performance in all departments.