Best Motherboards For i7 9700k – The selection of the best motherboard for i7 9700K depends on the vital features you want. The requirements differ for different users. For instance, a gaming geek will surely look for anything that jumps in as the latest technological upgrade. A streaming geek would love to find things best for Roku, Kodi, Plex, or some open-source streaming platforms.
A developer would love to see supportive features for smart hardware testing. It is important to go through the specs and drawbacks of each motherboard.
Remember, a drawback is necessarily a disappointment for all users. It depends on the requirements of the specific user to determine the extent to which the lacking feature is significant.
1.MSI Z390-A PRO LGA1151
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel ddr4 memory, up to 4400(oc) MHz
- Turbo M.2: PCI-E gen3 x4 interfACe maximizes performance for NVME SSDS
- Core boost, 8+4 pin CPU power connector, ddr4 boost
- Built for reliable operation
- Operating system - Support for windows 10 64-bit
- Intel turbo USB 3.1 gen2: powered by intel USB 3.1 gen2 controller, turbo USB ensures an uninterrupted connection with more stability and fastest USB speeds
- Multi-gpu: With steel armor pci-e slots. Supports 2-way amd crossfire
- Extended heatsink design: msi extended pwm and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
The main difference between the MSI Z390-A PRO and the rest of MSI’s Z390 product stack is that this board isn’t specifically targeted towards gamers. The aesthetics are simple with a coffee colored PCB which does include silver patterning across it; primarily around the edges of the board and around the silver and black heatsinks.
The main selling point of the MSI Z390-A PRO is in its value with a good selection of controllers including an Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet controller and a Realtek ALC892 HD audio codec handling the onboard audio.
2.GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel optane memory ready
- 12 plus 1 phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
- Advanced thermal design with multi cuts heatsinks and heat pipe. Bluetooth 5
- Onboard Intel CNVi 802.11AC 2x2 wave 2 Wi-Fi
- Alc1220 vb enhance 114db(rear)/ 110db(front) SNR in microphone with WIMA audio capacitors
- Intel Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
- RGB Fusion with multi zone LED light show design, supports addressable LED & RGB LED strips
- Smart fan 5 features multiple temperature sensors and hybrid fan headers with fan stop
The GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI is one of three Falcon-inspired models from its Aorus branded product stack; what’s interesting is that there’s a total of just between them. This includes the Z390 Aorus Pro which is identical to the Pro WIFI, but without the WIFI, and the Z390 Aorus Elite .
What users consider to be gaming features can be perceived differently with manufacturers usually altering the design, branding and software bundle to set the gaming and non-gaming boards apart. Some of the core features of the Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI model include a Realtek ALC1220-VB HD audio codec, an Intel I219-V 1 GbE NIC and an Intel 9560 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi module.
GIGABYTE advertises the Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI to feature a 12+1 power delivery which is spearheaded by an Intersil ISL69138 PWM 7-phase controller. Cooling this is two solid heatsinks pieced together along a single heat pipe which is nestled neatly underneath the rear panel cover.
3.Asus ROG Strix Z390-E
- Designed for 9th 8th Generation Intel Core processors maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, onboard 802.11AC Wi Fi and ASUS optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5 way Optimization over clocks Intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while FanXpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling; Operating System Windows 10 64 bit
- Gamer's Guardian ensures component longevity with safe Slot, ESD guards and DRAM over current protection
- Pre mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG's attention to detail and quality
As a Core i9-9900K overclocking board with mid-level feature set, the ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming faces tough competition from pricier competitors that attempt to provide a greater value in added features than the price difference.
Asus fills some of that gap with improved RGB and a more-polished software interface. For performance-crazed gamers, its greatest accomplishment is that it overclocks as well as those pricier competitors.
4.Asus Prime Z390-A
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M. 2, USB 3. 1 Gen2 and ASUS Optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5-Way Optimization that has the intelligence to overclock a CPU based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry. OptiMem II: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with Safe Slot Core, LAN Guard, Over voltage Protection provide longevity, reliability. FanXpert 4 delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition audio codec
Starting with the premier entry-level Prime range, the ASUS Prime Z390-A is an ATX sized motherboard and features a white, silver and black design throughout. The board has a white rear panel cover and chipset heatsink, with integrated RGB on both with support for ASUS AURA Sync.
The PCB has a white patterning which contrasts quite nicely and represents one of the more subtle looking ASUS Z390 options. The Prime Z390-A has three full-length PCIe 3.0 slots with two getting treated to ASUS Safe slot armor protection and the slots operate at x16, x8 and x4 from top to bottom. This means the Prime Z390-A officially supports two-way SLI and up to three-way CrossFire multi-graphics card configurations.
5.ASUS TUF Z390M-Pro
- Designed for 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M. 2, Gigabit LAN, USB 3. 1 Gen2
- Military-grade TUF components like TUF Languid, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs maximize system durability
- Gamer's Guardian with safe Slot and Fan Expert 4 provides hardware-level safeguards for maximum performance with dynamic system cooling
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio with TUF Gaming Headphone featuring Realtek S1200A high definition audio codec driven by Japanese capacitors for warm, immersive sound
- ASUS Optic-MEM II improves memory stability and performance by improving trace isolation between PCB layers to maintain signal integrity even at higher frequencies
The TUF Z390M Pro Gaming is the smaller mATX sibling of the above ASUS Z390 Pro Gaming and as a result, features much of the same black and grey design with yellow accents. The main differences between the ATX and mATX sized TUF Pro Gaming motherboards are the smaller model has two full-length PCIe 3.0 slots which run at x16 or x8/x4 and ASUS has only included one PCIe 3.0 x1 slot.
The maximum memory the Z390M Pro Gaming supports is DDR4-4266 and the board does offer four RAM slots with a maximum support capacity of up to 64 GB.
6.ASRock B360M PRO4 LGA1151
- Supports 8th Generation Intel Core Processors
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
- Chipset: Intel B360
- supports AMD Quad CrossFireX, CrossFireX Technology
- 6x SATA3 Ports, Support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
Based on Intel B360 chipset, the ASRock B360M Pro4 works flawlessly with 8th generation Intel Core processors in LGA 1151 packaging. It has two USB 3.1 Gen2 ports offering up to 10Gbps bus bandwidth. Despite its micro ATX form factor, this motherboard offers a comprehensive list of features comparable to ATX models, including four DDR4 DIMMS, two PCIe 3.0 x16 slots with AMD Quad CorssFireX support, two M.2 sockets for storage with Intel Optane Ready, and an M.2 Socket (Key E) for Wi-Fi module (sold separately).
The Super Alloy components ensure unbeatable quality, stability and reliability, and ELNA Audio Caps make studio-quality audio possible on your desktop PC. Three video outputs, including HDMI, DVI and VGA, allow broad compatibility with different kinds of display equipment available on the market like monitors, projectors, TVs and more.
7.ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
- Designed for 9th 8th Generation Intel Core processors maximize connectivity, speed with Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, on board 802.11AC Wi Fi and ASUS optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5 way Optimization over clocks Intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while FanXpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling
- Aura Sync RGB lighting with addressable headers features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled products
- Pre mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG's attention to detail and quality
The ROG Maximus XI Hero’s price competes directly against feature-packed boards such as the 10GbE-equipped Taichi Ultimate and Firewire 3-equipped Designare, but its own feature set resembles those of boards costing around 10 percent less.
It overclocks slightly better than several of those rivals, and faces only the same level of pricing criticism as previously reserved for Gigabyte’s Z390 Aorus Master. Buyers who swear by Asus and Gigabyte can decide between these based on features alone, while those without a brand preference can find a better bargain elsewhere.
- Designed for 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2 and ASUS Opti-MEM II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5-way Optimization overclocks Intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while FanXpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling
- Aura Sync RGB lighting with addressable headers features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled products
- Pre-mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG's attention to detail and quality
- Channel HD Audio with ROG exclusive supreme S1220A codec driven by Japanese capacitors for warm and rich sound
You also need to dedicate just as much time and effort choosing the best motherboard to ensure that your PC and all its components are running at their best. After all, it is the backbone of your PC.
Without the best motherboard under the hood of your computer, you’re risking crashes, failing components, or worse, having to rebuild the whole thing from scratch. On the other hand, the right motherboard will ensure that everything – including that fancy new component you’ve just purchased – is not only running optimally but also overclocking better.
9.ASUS Prime Z390-P
- Designed for 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2 and Asus optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- 5x Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with safe Slot Core, LANGuard and overvoltage protection provide component longevity and reliability
- Fanxpert 4 with AIO pump header delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe Slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-Channel HD gaming audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition Audio CODEC
The most basic of the ASUS Z390 range still retains impressive support for DDR4-4266 with up to a maximum of 64 GB across the four RAM slots allowed. The PCIe configuration is also basic with a full-length PCIe 3.0 x16 slot and two full-length PCIe 3.0 x4 slots and three PCIe 3.0 x1 slots offering support for two-way CrossFire multi-graphics card configurations.
Storage support is offered through two M.2 slots with support for both PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA drives, and a more basic looking set of four SATA ports which all feature cheaper straight-angled connectors.
10.ASRock B365M Phantom
- CPU: LGA1151, Supports 9th/ 8th Generation Intel Core Processors, CPU up to 95W
- Chipset: Intel B365
- Memory: 4x DDR4-2666/ 2400/ 2133 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 64GB
- Slots: 2x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (single at x16; dual at x16/ x4), 1x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slot (Flexible PCIe)
- Multi-Graphics: Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX and CrossFireX Technology
The Intel B365 chipset is the “successor” to the B360 chipset, though in many ways this is in name only. B360 was first manufactured as part of Intel’s 14nm Coffee Lake product stack but due to delays on the 10nm process, increased demand for 14nm products led Intel to making difficult decisions on how to prioritise production.
One of those difficult decisions culminated in the “new” B365 chipset which was essentially “turning back” to 22nm silicon to free up 14nm for higher-margin product offerings such as high-end processors. Though for the budget buyer it may not make a significant difference what generation of silicon the motherboard chipset is formed from, it is only the features that really count.
Looking at features Intel’s B365 delivers less than B360 in some areas, such as no native USB 3.1 (10Gbps) support or Integrated Wireless functionality. Intel has attempted to balance this out with boosts in other areas by increasing USB port count from 12 to 14, PCI Express lane provision from 12 to 20 and adding SATA/PCIe RAID support.
Best Motherboards For intel i7 9700K
- ASRock USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A port (10 GB/s)
- ASRock USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C port (10 GB/s)
- Supports 8th generation Intel Core processors (socket 1151)
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
- Supports HDMI with max
Best Gaming Motherboards For i7 9700k
- Socket LGA1151 Support 7th & 6th Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron
- Chipset: Intel Z270;Supports Triple Monitor
- 4 x DDR4 up to 64 GB, dual channel
- NOTE: Refer the User Manual before use.
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
Best Motherboards For i7 9700k – BUYER’S GUIDE
First, you need to consider the most suitable form factor. You have three standard options with different features, interface layout, dimensions, and compatibility. ATX is the largest of all and then comes the Micro-ATX that is a medium-sized board. Mini-ATX is the minimal form factor with a compact design.
Obviously, the size of the motherboard is directly proportional to the number of interfaces or slots. If you want more add-ons and third-party open-source shields, you’ll look for the ATX form factor. If there is no need for expansions or add-ons, then you can go for the Mini-ATX or the medium-sized Micro-ATX. Before selecting the board, make sure to shortlist your requirements regarding the PCB slots or interfaces.
Compatibility is obviously important since the lack of compatibility between the motherboard and PC will halt smooth functioning. Nothing frustrates the gaming enthusiasts more than the lags and speed-drops no matter how occasional they are.
It simply means that you must know your processor. In this case, look for the boards that are exclusively compatible with Intel 8th and 9th Generation processors, including i7-900K and even i9 (8-cores, 16-threads).
iii. PCIe Slots
The PCIe slots are arranged along the sides of the motherboard to facilitate the use of different cards, including Sound Card, Modem, and Video Card. More PCIe Slots means the possibility of using more cards simultaneously without having to remove the card to free the space of the additional card. For gaming geeks, a motherboard with 16 PCIe Slots is recommended.
iv. Memory / RAM
Leaving aside technicalities for a moment, if your RAM doesn’t have more storage, it simply means that it will take relatively longer to retrieve data repeatedly. It is easier for the processor to recollect the information from the RAM instead of retrieving it from the drive. Look for the motherboards that offer 16GB at least. The number of slots is also important because this way you can expand the memory, for instance, if there are four slots, you can multiply the RAM storage by 4 if required without having to look for a new board with more storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between the 10nm+ process & 10nm & the 14nm process used in older generations?
The 10nm+ process is a direct upgrade of the 10nm & 14nm process, this means that the 10nm+ process method improves the performance of each capacitator while also reducing the power needed, for people that aren’t very technical, this may sound confusing, as such I believe this graph explains it pretty well, it’s much easier to understand it by visual help rather than reading about it. Unfortunately, Intel has not yet decided to use the 10nm processing method on their mainstream CPUs despite early leaks pointing that the I7 9700k would be the first mainstream CPU to use it
Are you sure that the Coffe Lake Refresh Generation CPUs are Compatible with these Motherboards?
Yes, although the Z390 motherboards were initially released for the Coffe Lake-S CPUs, new versions have been launched making them also compatible with the 9th Generation.
Can The Z390 Overclock?
You can indeed overclock w
ith them; if you’ve got a quality motherboard, then it will surely allow overclocking, with this said, we still recommend to take the necessary precautions & take the overclocking slowly and steadily to avoid damaging your hardware.
Which is the Cheapest Z390 Motherboard?
The Z390-A Prime is the cheapest option in our list by quite a stretch. Going for the cheapest option may not be ideal due to certain lack of features such as sound card not being as good and no onboard WIFI, however, if you don’t have an issue with that then it’s a perfect choice for you.
What’s The Cheapest I7 7700K On The Market?
The I7 7700K has been out for a couple years now (as of November 2021) and as such he price has reduced drastically, at the start, it didn’t matter much since the price was very high and similar on most stores & websites but it’s different now and from what we’ve found Amazon has the cheapest I7 7700K for sale right now.
Best Motherboards For i7 9700k – Today we are going to have a look at the best motherboards for i7 9700K. Since a lot depends on the price when you are on a shoestring budget, some buyers are more interested in value-added features. This list of the best motherboards for i7 9700K offers something for every gamer depending on budget, performance, the number of ports, and overclocking capability.