Best Motherboards for Amd Ryzen 5 1600x – The motherboard resembles the foundation of your Computer. The part associates the various segments to one another. While the motherboard won’t have as quite a bit of an impact on performance as your CPU and GPU, it’s still really important to pick one that is perfect with your CPU and has all the ports, features and slots you need. However, all motherboards that we have mentioned in this guide are the best ones that can offer great value without using up every last cent and have all the capabilities needed to maximize the maximum capacity of your Ryzen 5 1600 or 1600x processor.
1.MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
Pros & Cons
- Supports up to 64GB Dual Channel DDR4-SDRAM
- ATX form factor
- Ports: 2 x USB2.0, 2 x USB3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 1 x USB3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 1 x Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), 1 x PS/2, 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI-D
- Chipset: AMD B450
- Supports Windows 7 or later operating systems supported
One of the most beneficial performance aspects to consider this model over the previous Tomahawk is the increased official memory support. The B450 Tomahawk now has support DDR4-3466 with a maximum capacity of up to 64 GB across four available memory slots.
Storage capability is better than expected from a B450 motherboard, with a total of six SATA ports capable of supporting RAID 0, 1 and 10 arrays. On top of this is a single PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA capable M.2 slot with a maximum of up to M.2 22110 drives being supported. The single M.2 slot doesn’t share bandwidth with any other PCIe slot but populating the slot with a drive will however disable two of the six available SATA ports; specifically the two right-angled ports closest to the 24-pin motherboard ATX power input.
Pros & Cons
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Extended heatsink design: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning fast game experience: 1x turbo M.2, amd turbo USB 3.2 gen2, store mi technology
- Core boost: With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD is a solidly built board compatible with most gaming components, boasting an amazing speed, excellent stability, and one of the best overclock capabilities. It is fitted with heavily plated heat sinks, an audio boost, and has in-game weapons.
It is compatible with 1st and 2nd Gen Ryzen processors. It also supports two way and crossfire technology. Temperature control is greatly enhanced, thanks to the MSI PWM and the unique circuit designs that guarantee it works flawlessly on high-end CPUs, even under full speed.
We look at verified user reviews, expert reviews on other websites, social signals, search engine interest and many others to give you a real-time recommendation on the MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 Motherboard . We analyzed 5777 verified reviews and removed suspicious looking feedback. The average rating out of 5 stars from the verified reviews is 4.7
3.MSI MAG B550
Pros & Cons
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4866 MHz)
- On-board dual LAN: 2.5G LAN plus Gigabit LAN
- Mystic Light: RGB LED lighting and extendable pin headers – 16.8 million colors / 29 effects
- Audio Boost rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences
- Premium Thermal Solution: Aluminum Cover with additional choke thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2 ounce thickened copper
- Lightning Fast Game Experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2
The MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk again delivers a well-balanced feature set at a competitive price. Performance is up there with the more expensive boards, and the VRMs held their own even when overclocked. you’ll have to live without Wi-Fi and just six USB ports on the rear IO, but otherwise, this is a fully featured and capable option.
MSI’s B550 product stack is similar to the X570 enthusiast lineup in that boards are divided into segments: In order from highest to lowest, B550 uses MPG and MAG for gamers and Pro boards for creators. MSI doesn’t offer its highest-end MEG class boards on the B550 chipset, leaving that segment with X570 on the AMD side.
The product stack has has lots of variety, but also a top-end price that’s much lower than Asus or Gigabyte B550 boards.
4.ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
Pros & Cons
- AMD AM4 Socket: Compatible to Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 8+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Extended VRM and PCH heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, multiple hybrid fan headers and fan speed management with Fan Xpert utility
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.0b(4K@60HZ) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD), 2x PCIe 3.0x16 Slot, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C ports
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Canceling Microphone Technology: High fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the action. Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology.
- Unmatched Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting with Armoury Crate utility, including 2xRGB headers and a Gen 2 addressable RGB header for greater customization
- DIY Friendly: With BIOS Flashback and ASUS exclusive UEFI BIOS, 256Mb BIOS Flash ROM and Pre-mount I/O shroud
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
The Strix B450-F Gaming is classed as a mid-range board and is part of the Republic of Gamers lineup, which places an emphasis on gaming and related premium features. The board supports both Crossfire and SLI multi-GPU configurations, has a 6+2 phase VRM and uses the SupremeFX S1220A audio (an Asus-tweaked Realtek codec) while supporting the full range of Ryzen processors, up to the flagship mainstream processor in the Ryzen 7 2700X.
Asus places the B450-F Gaming as a middle of the road gaming motherboard from its ROG lineup. With a price of and support for both AMD- and NVIDIA-based multi-GPU builds, it’s a solid mid-range board, with some premium aesthetics, which we’ll delve into below.
5.GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2
Pros & Cons
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 1st Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ 1st Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Feature Digital VRM Solution with Low RDS(on) MOSFETs
- HDMI, DVI-D Ports for Multiple Display
- Ultra-Fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe & SATA mode support
- High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
- GIGABYTE Exclusive 8118 Gaming LAN with Bandwidth Management
- RGB Fusion supports RGB LED Strips in 7-Colors
- Smart Fan 5 Features 5 Temperature Sensors and 2 Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
GIGABYTE AM4 motherboards are ready to support the latest AMD Ryzen 3000 Processors and are backwards compatible with AMD Ryzen 2000 and 1000 Processors. With a rich list of features on GIGABYTE AM4 motherboards such as Ultra Durable Armor for PCIe/ memory slots, USB Type-C interfaces on select boards, refined audio quality, high speed Ethernet, and the latest standard WIFI design, GIGABYTE AM4 motherboards are perfect for users looking to build the best AMD platform systems.
GIGABYTE UD series motherboards use a 4+2 phases digital PWM + Low RDS(on) MOSFETs design to support the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPUs by offering incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboard’s most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components as well as delivering enhanced system performance and ultimate hardware scalability.
The Ryzen 5 1600x and 1600 are mid-range processors introduced by AMD in early 2017. With the 6 cores and 12 threads featured by these processors, you will surely get an increase in performance on both gaming and productivity workload, which makes it a great value for most consumers. If you already have one of these processors, and planning to get a motherboard to partner with it, you need to make sure that the motherboard you choose contains all the capabilities and features needed, so you will get the best out of your Ryzen 5 1600 or 1600x.