Best Motherboards for Amd Ryzen 5 2600x – Here we come to the end of the topic. In this article, we go through the best motherboards for Ryzen 5 2600x. After going through all the tests, our team is completely satisfied with the MSI Tomahawk because of its excellent performance and aesthetics. Although it doesn’t come up with an integrated I/O shield, it still is good.
Otherwise, if you’re a hardcore game with a budget and can’t afford a high-end gaming computer, then you can opt for the ASUS ROG Strix X470-F. This motherboard is surely built for gaming. We like the finish on the Southbridge heatsink. The RGB logo is also a very cool look when fitted in a case.
So, that’s all for now. If you liked and satisfied with the guide, make sure to share it with your other gamer friends.
1.Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite V2
Pros & Cons
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 1st Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ 1st Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 8 plus 2 Phases Digital Twin Power Design with Low RDS(on) MOSFETs
- HDMI, DVI-D Ports for Multiple Display
- Integrated I/O Shield of Ultra Durable Design
The Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite V2 is currently the cheapest B450 of all motherboards ever reviewed here on Reatbyte. Besides, it has awesome features for this price range and pretty good aesthetics and style, with some RGB LEDs, thus fitting into the gaming pattern. But if you need a little more features, you can check out the other Elite model, its old brother Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2.
The Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite V2 is a great option for those who want to spare some money but even so, affording a motherboard that won’t leave you empty-handed.
Bear in mind that this board is surely one of the cheapest B450 models currently. However, depending on the CPU you’re planning to afford, you may need a little more reliability concerning the cooling system. In this case, you should check out the Gigabyte X570 UD.
2.Gigabyte A520 AORUS
Pros & Cons
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors
- AMD AM4 Socket
- Dual Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 5+3 Phases Digital PWM
- Advanced Thermal Design with Enlarged Surface Heatsinks
It seems like the essential considerations are pretty much covered. One of the major benefits is support for next generation Vermeer AMD Ryzen 5000 CPUs and Renoir APUs. Booyah!
The main things separating A520 boards from their more expensive B550 and X570 siblings are the use of cost-saving auxiliary controllers and circuitry, along with the use of lower quality power delivery systems. Many boards lack VRM heatsinks meaning they should not be used with the higher core count CPUs. They also tend to lack things like WiFi 6, ALC1200 audio and faster-than-Gigabit networking.
Remember, the motherboard makers really want you to buy boards at five times the price!
3.ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
Pros & Cons
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 12plus2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3plus design keep your system running reliably under heavy load by enhancing passive cooling capacity for critical onboard components.
- High-performance Gaming Networking: 2. 5 Gb LAN with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2. 1(4Kat60HZ) and DisplayPort 1. 2 output, featuring dual M. 2 slots (NVMe SSD)—one with PCIe 4. 0 x4 connectivity, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-C port and Thunderbolt 3 header
Sitting second from the top of Asus’ B550 motherboards, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi includes 14-phase power delivery, 2.5 GbE LAN, integrated Wi-Fi 6 AX200, two M.2 slots (each with a heatsink), six SATA ports and premium audio, among other features.
In our testing, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi performed well, matching the other boards we’ve tested so far. We didn’t come across anything out of the ordinary during our stock runs. With optimized defaults set, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi had no issues boosting to the factory 4.6 GHz clock speed.
Overclocking the 12 core 24 thread Ryzen 9 3900X also went without an issue. Our sample was able to push all cores and threads on the CPU to 4.3 GHz, while running our 4×8 GB RAM KIT at DDR4 3600 with Infinity Fabric 1:1 to the memory speed.
4.ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
Pros & Cons
- AMD AM4 Socket: The perfect pairing for 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Gaming connectivity: Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A connectors.
- Gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, plus ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor-made for your rig.
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear.
- Gaming audio: SupremeFX S1220A teams with Sonic Studio III to create an aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action.
- Gamer’s Guardian: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum endurance
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS
Another design feature similar to what we saw in the PCIe area is located on the chipset heatsink as well. Asus calls this styling a “…futuristic cyber-test pattern which fuses multiple gaming cultures to create a unique identity for this generation.” according to Asus. If the brighter plate on the chipset heatsink isn’t your style a more subtle option is included. In order to swap these out, simply peel off the cover protecting the tape and stick it on.
Overall the Strix B450-F Gaming presents users with a fairly blank black slate to work in with a build theme. If the single RGB LED section isn’t enough, there are two headers on the board to expand your lighting options. Both the integrated and external RGB LEDs are controlled via the Asus Aura RGB Software.
5.ASUS ROG Strix X570-F
Pros & Cons
- AMD AM4 socket: ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 headers
- Comprehensive cooling: active PCH heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm heat pipe, Dual on-board M. 2 heatsinks and a water pump + Header
- Gaming connectivity: supports Pie 4. 0, HDMI 2. 0, DisplayPort 1. 2 and features dual M. 2 and USB 3. 2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, Asus LANGuard and GameFirst V
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
Who needs eight 10Gbps USB ports on the I/O panel? With all of the X570 platform’s USB 3.x ports offering that bandwidth, a better question might be why Asus’s competitors (specifically the MSI MEG X570 Ace, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master and ASRock X570 Taichi) are substituting some of those with 5Gbps ports.
But who would be willing to give up one of the competitor’s three M.2 slots for four SATA ports? If that sounds like you, the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming beckons. With these features nailed down, the only remaining question is why Asus labels this board “gaming” rather than “pro.
We’ve tested several X570 boards, including some models refreshed for AMD’s new Ryzen 5000 CPUs but only a handful of models stand out enough to rank among our Best Motherboads list.
The AMD’s Ryzen 5 2600x, is one of the most popular processors for mid-range gaming builds. For less than $200, you can get the best motherboard for Ryzen 5 2600x with bizarre performance and great overclocking abilities.
The Ryzen 5 2600x is the competitor of Intel’s i5 9600K, but Ryzen provides great performance and is value for money. The reason behind choosing Ryzen for most mid-range gaming builds is it comes with factory unblocked, and you can overclock it with the right motherboard. You’ll need a motherboard with B450 or X470 chipset to get the extra juice out of it.
There’s a lot of motherboard in the market, so choosing the right one is a difficult task. So, we’ve handpicked the best motherboards for Ryzen 5 2600x to get the best out of your gaming build.