Best Motherboards for i3 7100 – When it comes to selecting the best motherboard for i3, you are bombarded with options. However, this post aims to help break down the different options based on the different i3 processors. Once you have gone over each option, you will know about the best motherboard for i3 8100, i3 6100, and i7100.
Have the best experience using your Intel i3 processor-powered PC by getting any of the motherboards mentioned in this post. It is impossible to utilize the true potential of the i3 processor without first installing a motherboard.
Make sure to choose the motherboard that suits your needs best.
1.MSI Intel B250 LGA 1151
- Supports 7th/6th Gen Intel Core/Pentium/Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports DDR4-2400 Memory
- Gaming Hotkey, X-Boost
- Lightning Fast Game experience
- Gaming Certified
For those who want something bare basic, look no further because the MSI B250 GAMING M3 Review is pretty much as good as you can get for something under RM 700.
The MSI B250 GAMING M3 comes with dual PCI-E slots, supporting only AMD’s CrossFireX configuration with x16/x4 speeds.
Note that the main PCI-E slot has PCI-E Steel Armor for better support when used with heavy cards. It also has Turbo M.2 up to 110mm support and with Steel Armor, and not forgetting NVMe support, up to 32 Gb/s using PCI-Express Gen3 x4.
While the board isn’t one that’s filled with RGB lights, it comes with Mystic Light Extension that allows you to connect to RGB strips or other LED solutions for synchronization purpose.
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Extended heatsink design: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning fast game experience: 1x turbo M.2, amd turbo USB 3.2 gen2, store mi technology
- Core boost: With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD is a solidly built board compatible with most gaming components, boasting an amazing speed, excellent stability, and one of the best overclock capabilities. It is fitted with heavily plated heat sinks, an audio boost, and has in-game weapons.
It is compatible with 1st and 2nd Gen Ryzen processors. It also supports two way and crossfire technology. Temperature control is greatly enhanced, thanks to the MSI PWM and the unique circuit designs that guarantee it works flawlessly on high-end CPUs, even under full speed.
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel ddr4 memory, up to 4400(oc) MHz
- Turbo M.2: PCI-E gen3 x4 interfACe maximizes performance for NVME SSDS
- Core boost, 8+4 pin CPU power connector, ddr4 boost
- Built for reliable operation
- Operating system - Support for windows 10 64-bit
- Intel turbo USB 3.1 gen2: powered by intel USB 3.1 gen2 controller, turbo USB ensures an uninterrupted connection with more stability and fastest USB speeds
- Multi-gpu: With steel armor pci-e slots. Supports 2-way amd crossfire
- Extended heatsink design: msi extended pwm and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
The main difference between the MSI Z390-A PRO and the rest of MSI’s Z390 product stack is that this board isn’t specifically targeted towards gamers. The aesthetics are simple with a coffee colored PCB which does include silver patterning across it; primarily around the edges of the board and around the silver and black heatsinks.
The main selling point of the MSI Z390-A PRO is in its value with a good selection of controllers including an Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet controller and a Realtek ALC892 HD audio codec handling the onboard audio.
The storage options are pretty basic on the Z390-A PRO with this being the only Z390 MSI board to feature only one PCIe/SATA M.2 slot; this is complemented by a total of six SATA ports with support for RAID 0. 1. 5 and 10 arrays. In terms of memory, the board is packing four RAM slots with support for DDR4–4400 with a maximum capacity of up to 64 GB.
4.ASUS Prime Z390-P
- Designed for 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2 and Asus optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- 5x Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with safe Slot Core, LANGuard and overvoltage protection provide component longevity and reliability
- Fanxpert 4 with AIO pump header delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe Slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-Channel HD gaming audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition Audio CODEC
The ASUS Prime Z390-P loos set to release as the cheapest Z390 board with the MSRP remainign unknown as of yet. The most basic and entry-level board offers a Realtek controller pairing which cuts down as much cost as possible, even with the use of straight-angled SATA ports to shave as much cost off as humanly possible.
The Prime Z390-P is probably not the board to be considering for one of the new 8-core Intel Core i7-9900K processors, especially where overclocking is concerned due to the small and lightweight looking power delivery heatsinks.
A pair of USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A and four USB 3.0 Type-A ports make up the boards USB connectivity with a pair of PS/2 ports and a DisplayPort and HDMI duo of video outputs on the board. The cheapest and basic of the ASUS Z390 motherboards has a Realtek RTL8111H Gigabit LAN port and Realtek ALC892 powered trio of 3.5 mm audio jacks which completes the rear panel.
5.ASRock Micro ATX DDR4
- Socket: LGA 1151
- Chipset: Intel H110
- Memory: 2x DDR4-2133 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 32GB
- Slots: 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot, 1x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slot
- SATA: 4x SATA3 Ports, Support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
- Ports: 4x USB 3.0 Ports (2 rear, 2 via header), 6x USB 2.0 Ports (4 rear, 2 via header), 1x PS/2 Mouse Port, 1x PS/2 Keyboard Port, 1x DVl-D Port, 1x RJ45 LAN Port, Audio I/O Jacks
Today, we’ll be taking a quick look at the ASRock Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard, which utilizes Intel’s latest B365 chipset and supports all of Intel’s 8th and 9th Gen Core processors LGA1151 (14nm Coffee Lake).
It comes in a micro ATX form factor and features 2 x M.2 lots for your SSDs, PCIE steel slot, Intel Gigabit LAN, 7.1 HD audio, and of course ASRock Polychrome RGB. It also supports Optane memory, memory speeds of up to DDR4 2666, AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™ multi-GPU
Combine a Zen 3 CPU with a motherboard such as this ASRock A520M ITX/ac and you’ll be able to build an affordable and compact system that—if AMD is to be believed—may beat any Intel in any kind of workload.
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core Processors (Socket 1200)
- Supports DDR4 2933MHz
- 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1
- Graphics Output Options : HDMI, D-Sub, DVI
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC887 Audio Codec)
ASROCK H410M-HDV / M.2 motherboard with LGA-1200 slot, Intel H410 chipset, Processor integrated video card, 2 DDR4 memory slots (max 64GB). 8 USB 2.0 ports, 4 USB 3.0 ports.
The ASRock H410M HDV/M.2 motherboard supports 10th gen Intel Core processors and LGA 1200 CPU sockets, features up to 2 x DDR4 memory slots, PCI-E 3.0, 1 x M.2 slots, 4 x SATA 6GB/s ports, 2 x USB 2.0 (rear), 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (2 front, 2 rear), 1 x HDMI, 1 x D-Sub, 1 x DVI-D, Giga PHY Intel® I219V LAN, Realtek ALC887 HD audio codec, and a m-ATX form facto
- Supports 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors
- Supports CPU up to 95W
- 4 power Phase design
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost 2. 0 technology
- Chipset: Intel H310
ASRock H310CM-HDV – motherboard – micro ATX – LGA1151 Socket – H310 | H310CM-HDV
ASRock’s Micro-ATX H310M-G/M.2 motherboard doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue, although few motherboard model names do. But this roughly board is a well-rounded –though not perfect– solution for Intel-based builders who don’t plan on overclocking and are looking to save some money over a Z390 alternative.
ASRock places this board on the entry-level side of things, and doesn’t market it specifically at gamers or professionals. But priced priced significantly higher than $100, it’s on the higher side of most of its H310M-based competition.
8.ASUS AM4 TUF
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: Military-grade TUF components, Pro Cool socket and Digi plus VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-Gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 m.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard and technology
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS and Firmware to download the latest BIOS
Asus’ TUF lineup has changed from the ultra-robust, heavy shielding it was known for in years past and has evolved more toward gaming-centric boards with protection on individual parts such as the PCIe and DIMM slots. ESD guards, additional surge protection measures and military-grade components are still a part of the TUF lineup, but the additional hardening went beyond what was necessary for most use cases.
These changes have made the Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi the second-least-expensive board in the Asus X570 product stack just missing the mark to be our best motherboards pick in the budget X570 category.
9.MSI B250M Bazooka
Cooling your PC is essential for reliable performance. We’ve made sure to include enough fan headers with full control to allow you to cool your system any way you want.rnrnOutsmart and outperform your opponents in-game using an array of unique MSI GAMING tools. Clever hardware & software tools, created to keep you one step ahead of the competition and boost your skills.rnrnThis MSI GAMING motherboard supports all the latest storage standards.
This allows you to connect any ultra-fast storage device, giving you in-game benefits. Start games faster, load levels faster and have a real advantage over your enemies.rnrnIntegrating the very best of cutting edge technologies on MSI hardware provides a smooth VR ride.
Through joint efforts with major VR brands, combined with unique MSI features geared to VR, MSI brings gamers and VR professionals a vivid and realistic experience in which content truly comes alive.rnrnGet the most immersive sound experience when gaming.
MSI Audio Boost delivers the highest sound quality through the use of premium quality audio components. This lets you enjoy breathtaking, game-changing sound to create the most exciting gameplay.
10.Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO
- LGA 1151 Socket for 6th Generation Intel core Desktop Processor
- SupremeFX 2015
- USB 3.1 Type A & C Onboard
- Sonic Sense Amp, Lighting Control
- NOTE: Update the motherboard to latest firmware/ BIOS to version “3401” for best result
The Maximus VIII Hero was very nice to work with. Its BIOS felt stable, had many options, and provided very good guidelines for overclocking. The choice to use Texas Instruments NexFETs in the VRM was a sound one as can be seen in the thermal imaging section.
The Maximus VIII Hero has all the right stuff to be an affordable overclocking motherboard aimed at breaking records. I expected to have problems with just turning on XMP with my 3600MHz memory kit, but there were none with the Maximus VIII Hero. ASUS did a good job of auto tuning behind the scenes to provide high overclocking margins.
Best Motherboards for i3 7100 – BUYER’S GUIDE
For my graphics card I have the GeForce GTX 1050 and for my motherboard I am thinking about the MSI-Z270 Pro A. Processador Intel Core i3-7100 Kaby Lake 7a geração + Intel HD Graphics 630 + 8GB de RAM ! Intel Core i3 7350K verdict. Paired with a 290x I rarely see slowdowns in anything. Intel® Core™ i3-7100 Processor (3M Cache, 3.90 GHz) quick reference guide including specifications, features, pricing, compatibility, design documentation, ordering codes, spec … Tested in 25 games (2018 games included). 0 Woohoopy Honorable. Solution; Better to invest in an R5 1400 for $50~ more. Is the Intel i3-7100 good enough for a budget gaming PC? Dell Inspiron 3668 – MT – Core i3 7100 3.9 GHz – 8 GB – 1 TB overview and full product specs on CNET. If I were you I would look at the i3 8100. Paired with a 290x I rarely see slowdowns in anything. Tested in 25 games (2018 games included). Is it good for 1080p gaming !Shown – cpu temperature, gpu temperature, gpu clock speed, cpu usage, RAM usage, fps, frametime. 250gb Hard Drive. If you define it as a CPU capable of playing a lot of games at decent frame rates: Yes it is, however, there are Current games and older games where the lack of Threads on this CPU isn’t a wise decision to use it. We bought the Core i3 6100 ourselves for £93. 8gb RAM. Build Help. Produit Boutique Prix; Intel Core i5-9400F Desktop Processor 6 … Intel Core i5-9400F Desktop Processor 6 Cores 4.1 GHz Turbo Without … It’s a budget build, but a friend strongly recommend that I save up for the i7 or at least the i5 but from my research the i3 seems to good for budget gaming. 38 Buy. You just need to have the suitable CPU to work on your needs.
Best Motherboards for i3 7100 – To get the most out of the processor, you need to use a motherboard. This post looks at the best motherboards for i3 processors. Only the best options have been selected to help you choose the right motherboard for your PC. Besides just spending money on increasing the RAM or getting a good graphics card, you also need to get an excellent motherboard to take the performance of the processor to the next level. Let’s find out which motherboards are included in the post.