Best Motherboards for i5 2500k – Well, that concludes this article on best motherboard for i5 2500K. We hope that you had as much fun reading it as we did writing. We hope that you have learned something from it and found your dream motherboard among the ones in the list.
No matter how good the processor is but to perform to its fullest potential it needs an equally capable motherboard. If your motherboard cannot supply the power needed by your CPU, your PC could turn into a huge ball of fire.
Thus, it is important to get a good motherboard. However, it is much easier said than done – the sheer number of options available on the market makes it a rather difficult task to choose one.back to menu ↑
1.AS Rock LGA1155
- CPU: LGA1155; Supports 2nd/3rd Generation Intel Core i7/ i5/ i3 Processor; Supports Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology; Supports Hyper-Threading Technology
- Chipset: Intel Z77
ASRock have been around for a lot longer than many actually realise. Prior to LGA1155 ASRock were just beginning to gain momentum within the motherboard enthusiast market – showing promising products but perhaps lacking exposure and certain refinement. As soon as Sandy Bridge and LGA1155/P67 hit, ASRock were on hand to show their ambition, and that they were a worthy contender in a market that has fierce competition.
It was with the Z68 chipset that ASRock really kicked things off. Their refresh and new revision projected them directly into the mainstream and high-end segment – with a vengeance. Last year I had the pleasure of reviewing the Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 – one of ASRock’s mid-range offerings that oozed flare and finesse; so much so that many enthusiasts would come to own such a motherboard.back to menu ↑
2.Desktop PC Motherboard
- 【Before Buying】This product is constantly being updated and iterated, so the slot, bottom plate color, etc. may be different from batch to batch, but it will not affect the normal use of product performance and functions. Adapt to most ITX cases, the board can be booted from USB, the main chipset adopts the Intel B75 series, and the motherboard has integrated 6-channel sound card and RTL8105E network card chip.
- 【Model & Memory & Interface】The CPU socket is LGA1155, and the CPU type supports i3, i5 and i7 series. The maximum memory supports two 8G memory, memory type DDR3 1066/1333/1600MHz desktop memory. The I/O connector has 1 USB keyboard and mouse universal interface, 1 RJ45 network interface, 1 audio interface, 2 USB2.0 interfaces and 2 USB3.0 interfaces.
Choosing the best gaming motherboard (or best motherboard for another type of build) is in many ways an integral part of your PC build, despite the fact that choosing the best CPU or the best graphics card often gets more attention. Nearly every part of your PC plugs into your motherboard.
Its form factor dictates the size of your computer (and case), and its chipset and socket limit what kind of processor you can install.
If you’re not sure which chipset you’re after when choosing the best gaming motherboard for you, or you have more basic questions for a different type of build, you can visit our motherboard basics and motherboard buying guide features to help narrow down your buying options.back to menu ↑
3.ASUS Prime H410M-E
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Ready for 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- 5X Protection III: all-round protection with LANGuard, DRAM overcurrent protection, overvoltage protection, SafeSlot Core safeguards and stainless-steel back I/O
The ASUS PRIME H410M-E LGA 1200 Micro-ATX Motherboard is designed around the Intel H410 chipset, supporting 10th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold, and Celeron processors with an LGA 1200 socket. It has two memory slots, supporting up to 64GB of dual-channel RAM, which can run at up to 2933 MHz.back to menu ↑
4.ASUS Prime B460M-A
- Intel LGA 1200 Socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Comprehensive Cooling: VRM heatsink, PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 2 utility
ASUS Prime series is expertly engineered to unleash the full potential of 10th Gen Intel Core processors. Boasting a robust power design, comprehensive cooling solutions and intelligent tuning options, Prime B460 series motherboards provide daily users and DIY PC builders a range of performance tuning options via included software and hardware.
Comprehensive controls form the foundation of the ASUS Prime series. The Prime B460 motherboard packs flexible tools to tune every aspect of your system, enabling you to tweak performance settings to perfectly match the way you work – maximising your productivity.
Prime B460 series features comprehensive cooling controls that are configurable via Fan Xpert 2+ software or via the UEFI BIOS. Each fan header can be set to monitor and react to several thermal sensors, and via Fan Xpert 2+ you can even assign a sensor to monitor the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards — for optimal cooling during GPU or CPU intensive workloads.back to menu ↑
- ASUS P5N-E SLI NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI Socket 775 ATX Motherboard General Features: ATX form factor
- NVIDIA nForce 650 SLI MCP chipset Socket 775 architecture
Everyone knows that Asus is a company that puts out cutting edge technology. They have never held back and waited until the dust settles on new technology to see if they should jump in. The good thing about this is that we know that we are getting new technology from a well known, and well respected company.
Enthusiasts know that they will likely get one of, if not the best, performing board in its class when it has the name Asus on it. The bad is that many times, the enthusiasts feel like “Beta testers” for new technology, and many times, they are.
Asus has already released their NV 680i chipset boards, in the form of the P5N32-E SLI and the Asus Striker Extreme.back to menu ↑
- Supports up to 64GB Dual Channel DDR4-SDRAM
- ATX form factor
OUR TAKEback to menu ↑
7.GENUINE DELL OPTIPLEX
If you’re a fan of minimalist workspaces, then pay attention, as the Dell OptiPlex 7070 Ultra may just be your ideal machine. This clever little device manages the rare feat of not only being a capable small form factor PC, but looking downright stylish while it does so.
Aimed primarily at enterprise deployments, this sleek little business belter is nonetheless suited just as well to the home office as it is to a corporate scenario. It’s a seriously impressive feat of engineering, and one that merits consideration from anyone looking to streamline their setup.back to menu ↑
This has a number of useful implications; firstly, it means that you can use a range of different monitors with the OptiPlex, rather than being saddled with the (often disappointing) default panel most all-in-one devices use.
Our review unit shipped with Dell’s Inspiron, available as part of an attractively-priced bundle deal, but you can swap it out for any of Dell’s U, P or UP-series screens with no problems, as they all support the same proprietary quick-release mounting system.back to menu ↑
- New - Retail
- 2-Year Warranty
In this case, it is the Z77X-UD3H – their mid range, probably highest selling, Z77 SKU. As a reviewer, it is important to not solely focus on the high end products, as it is the ones lower down the range that are often the best selling and closer to what people actually get in a system. Too many high-end boards can leave a reviewer out-of-touch to what actually sells.
With the GA-Z77X-UD3H, we have a good priced Z77 board with a myriad a features to tempt users. Gigabyte is pushing their digital power delivery and tweakable power delivery options, but we also have an mSATA port, a very good (and new-ish) automatic overclocking utility, and a cheaper board with all four video outputs. The audio/network controller choice is a little different, and we actually get power/reset buttons on a mid range Gigabyte board.back to menu ↑
10.GIGABYTE B365M DS3H
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4
With Smart Fan 5 users can ensure that their gaming PC can maintain its performance while staying cool. Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange their fan headers to reflect different thermal sensors at different locations on the motherboard.
Not only that, with Smart Fan 5 more hybrid fan headers that support both PWM and Voltage mode fans have been introduced to make the motherboard more liquid cooling friendly.
The H370/B365/B360 Platform supports Intel’s latest Optane technology. Optane fuels storage performance by acting as a cache drive giving users a significant boost compared to traditional mechanical drives.back to menu ↑
Best Motherboards for i5 2500k – BUYER’S GUIDE
Before you buy the motherboard that you want to start building the PC that you have always dreamed of owning, there are some questions that you must ask yourself about the motherboard to avoid issues during assembly or with the compatibility of your motherboard with other parts.
- First of all, does your motherboard have the correct socket for your CPU? For a Core i5 2500K, you need an LGA 1155 socket.
- Does the motherboard come with enough cooling facilities to protect against overheating? This is especially important if you are a heavy-user, gamer or an aspiring overclocker.
- Does the board have all the connectivity options that you will need?
- Does the board fit comfortably inside your cabinet?
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should you buy this motherboard?
With great auto-overclocking for intensive tasks and ability to run two PCIe X16 GPUs simultaneously at their full bandwidth, this is a motherboard with a great potential with an attractive price tag. What’s not to like?back to menu ↑
Best Motherboards for i5 2500k – Why did we write an article on the best motherboard for i5 2500K ? The Intel Core i5 2500K unlocked processor is, despite its age, a great processor capable of being overclocked to insane speeds and yet maintain its stability.
And now, due to age depreciation, it is available at very attractive prices, making it a great option for budget overclockers.