Best Motherboards for i5 4690 – The motherboard is undoubtedly one of the most significant components of a PC. It singlehandedly determines the functionality of other parts in your PC. If your processor and your PC’s performance is exhausted, you should consider buying a new motherboard.
There are significant benefits to upgrading your motherboard and choosing the best one to go with your CPU.
Choosing the right motherboard can be frustrating; heck, even the thought of going through the process can be daunting. There are so many options available you sometimes want to stick your head in the sand and hope for the best.back to menu ↑
1.MSI ATX DDR3 1333
- Chipset: Intel Z87 Express - Extra Features: OC Genie 4, Sound Blaster, Audio Boost, Optimized 'Gaming' Ports
- Memory: 4x DDR3-3000(OC)/ 2800/ 2666/ 2600/ 2400/ 2200/ 2133/ 2000/ 1866/ 1600/ 1333/ 1066 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Buffered, Max Capacity of 32GB
The MSI Z87 G45 Gaming ATX DDR3 1333 Motherboard is considered a high-end motherboard for most people and some even consider it the best DDR3 1333 motherboard, although that’s arguable, it suits competitive gamers just perfectly due to its high-quality sound card which proves to be a very valuable asset in competitive games, we have tested this motherboard and decided to share with you these results to supply to our readers an objective review of this motherboard’s overall quality
Classic, Gold and Basic are three different ways of saying the same thing: that you get the bare minimum in the way of features on this model.back to menu ↑
2.Desktop PC Motherboard
- 【Before Buying】This product is constantly being updated and iterated, so the slot, bottom plate color, etc. may be different from batch to batch, but it will not affect the normal use of product performance and functions. Adapt to most ITX cases, the board can be booted from USB, the main chipset adopts the Intel B75 series, and the motherboard has integrated 6-channel sound card and RTL8105E network card chip.
- 【Model & Memory & Interface】The CPU socket is LGA1155, and the CPU type supports i3, i5 and i7 series. The maximum memory supports two 8G memory, memory type DDR3 1066/1333/1600MHz desktop memory. The I/O connector has 1 USB keyboard and mouse universal interface, 1 RJ45 network interface, 1 audio interface, 2 USB2.0 interfaces and 2 USB3.0 interfaces.
Choosing the best gaming motherboard (or best motherboard for another type of build) is in many ways an integral part of your PC build, despite the fact that choosing the best CPU or the best graphics card often gets more attention. Nearly every part of your PC plugs into your motherboard. Its form factor dictates the size of your computer (and case), and its chipset and socket limit what kind of processor you can install.
If you’re not sure which chipset you’re after when choosing the best gaming motherboard for you, or you have more basic questions for a different type of build, you can visit our motherboard basics and motherboard buying guide features to help narrow down your buying options.back to menu ↑
3.MSI Motherboard Z87-GD65
While we expected newer RAM modules to be a bit more popular with the new platform, there really hasn’t been much in that area. Things should start to get a bit busier again, though, over the coming months as we see new video cards hit the market from AMD and hopefully we’ll see companies do a bit more on the RAM side of things before the introduction of DDR4 memory.
Today, though, we’ve jumped back into the motherboard pile. The particular board we’re looking at comes from MSI and is the Z87-GD65 Gaming.
The Gaming series has really impressed us and we like that MSI has created some unity between the motherboard and video card segmentback to menu ↑
4.ASRock ATX DDR3 1333
- Premium Alloy Choke (Reduces 70% core loss compared to iron powder choke)
- Nichicon 12K Platinum Caps (100% Japan made high quality conductive polymer capacitors)
Many customers was gave reviews and ratings to ASRock H61M-VS Intel H61 Micro ATX DDR3 1333 Motherboard. If you want to read those detailsto make your decision on product. Click to see all customers reviews & ratings here
The items is available for purchase on the low price at the moment and good quality with saver shipping. Thank you and Happy shopping online.back to menu ↑
5.Asus ATX DDR3 2600
- 5-way optimization by dual intelligent processors 5
- SATA express & M.2 support up to 10Gb/s data transfer
If you have been an AMD Athlon processor user for a long time, the Crossblade Ranger motherboard must have crossed your sights at some point.
The thing is, PC builders using Threadripper and Ryzen processors may not know that the Athlon and APU lineup can also take advantage of ROG features.
We made this Asus ATX DDR3 2600 FM2 Motherboard Crossblade Ranger review so that you can have a primary resource about this particular motherboard.
Before going into the details, let’s discuss what the Crossblade Ranger is, who can benefit from it, and what items it includes.back to menu ↑
6.GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
The Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro is the most expensive of the four more affordable boards in this Z390 group test, but there are small margins at place here –
its price makes it only seven pounds more expensive than the ASRock Z390 Extreme4 and twelve pounds more than the Asus TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming, but not quite as cheap as the £140 MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk.
Gigabyte’s board looks good, and it ticks more specification boxes than most of its slightly cheaper rivals.back to menu ↑
7.MSI Performance Intel
- Supports 9th / 8th Gen Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket, Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 2666 MHz
- MYSTIC LIGHT and Sync: Personalize your PC with 16.8 million colors / 10 effects controlled in one click with the Mystic Light APP or a mobile device
OUR TAKEback to menu ↑
8.Asus Prime Z390-A
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M. 2, USB 3. 1 Gen2 and ASUS Optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5-Way Optimization that has the intelligence to overclock a CPU based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry. OptiMem II: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking
Professional users looking to purchase an ASUS Z390 board without much of the cost-upping controllers and aesthetics will probably be looking towards the Prime series.
The Prime series offers an entry-level jump onto the chipset with bare minimum features, but like the rest of the Z390 chipset, they still support overclocking through the Z390 chipset and look to offer better value overall than the far-reaching gaming targeted boards.back to menu ↑
9.ASUS TUF Z390-Plus
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.1 Gen2
- Military-Grade TUF Components like TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs maximize system durability
The TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming certainly looks like a board that’s been built for durability. The southbridge heatsink and pre-installed rear IO cover are made from dark grey metal and have yellow accents, and those yellow accents continue across the black PCB. I
t almost looks like the board is made from survival gear, or that it’s wearing hi-vis.
Get beyond the eye-catching looks and you do get several features that improve this affordable board’s durability.back to menu ↑
10.Asus ROG Strix Z390-E
- Designed for 9th 8th Generation Intel Core processors maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, onboard 802.11AC Wi Fi and ASUS optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5 way Optimization over clocks Intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while FanXpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling; Operating System Windows 10 64 bit
Motherboard makers often use secondary network controllers to set their features above budget-priced competitors, and Asus chooses Intel’s value-priced 1.73Gb/s W-Fi controller for this. Its low cost is made possible via the Z390 PCH’s CNVi integration, as are the integrated 10Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen2 ports that don’t require any third-party controllers.
Asus even includes two USB 2.0 and a PS/2 port, so that users can connect their keyboard and mouse without consuming any of the I/O panel’s 10Gb/s (red) or 5Gb/s (blue) connectors. DisplayPort and HDMI 1.4b allow users who care to tap into CPU integrated graphics, an i219V PHY adds Gigabit Ethernet, and an S1220A codec connects five analog jacks and a stereo optical output to fill remaining space.back to menu ↑
Best Motherboards for i5 4690 – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Matching your CPU with the perfect motherboard will help the CPU gain superior performance. A perfectly matched motherboard will help you squeeze every ounce of power from the CPU, improving your computer’s overall performance and speed.back to menu ↑
Faster Data Transfer
A new motherboard will also help increase the transfer rates between different hardware. For example, if you use a high-end SSD card, you can reach speeds of up to 2Gbps.back to menu ↑
If you’re a gaming enthusiast, these motherboards combined with the I5-4960K and a good GPU will positively enhance your gaming experience. You will experience less lagging and enjoy better graphics.
If you’re a video editor or a regular web surfer, you will also see substantial benefits by investing in a new motherboard.back to menu ↑
A good motherboard is equipped with multiple DIMM slots. These are one of the latest RAM slots and are capable of running on a faster 64-bit bus. You should choose a motherboard that supports at least 16GB and preferably has four slots or more.back to menu ↑
The motherboard should support your GPU and be as compatible with it as possible. This helps maximize the overall performance of your computer. The i5-4690K is an excellent powerful overclockable CPU for gaming, and these motherboards are all perfectly compatible with it.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Which Motherboards Are Best?
For more options, check out our Best LGA 1155 Motherboard Reviews, our Best Motherboards For i9-9900K Review, our Best White Motherboards Reivew, and our Best Motherboard For Ryzen 5 3600 Review.
And for all of your gaming needs, check out our Best Gaming Chairs For Big And Tall Men Review, our Best Powerline Adapters For Gaming Review, our Best Network Switches For Gaming Review, and our Best Gaming Glasses Review.
And, before you go, check out our reviews of the Best Gaming Monitors Under 200 dollars and the Best Gaming Monitor Under 300 dollars to buy in 2021.back to menu ↑
Which is The Best Motherboard For I5-4690k?
It goes without saying, but the best board for I5-4690K is based on your needs. Take a deep breath and consider all of the above factors. However, when choosing the best board for the I5-4690K, we have to go with the…back to menu ↑
Best Motherboards for i5 4690 – The i5-4690k processor is arguably the most popular and budget-oriented CPU for gaming enthusiasts that Intel has offered to date. And combining this multipurpose CPU with the Best Motherboard For I5-4690k helps you get the most out of your Core i5-4690k.
A complimentary motherboard helps you pull everything in your PC together and fulfill your needs as they grow. In this article, we will review the top motherboards for i5-4690k currently trending in the market.