Best Motherboards for i5 6500 – Intel’s Core i5 6500 is a decent processor but you must select the right Motherboard to properly use that processor. With this detailed guide of the Best Motherboard for i5 6500, you must have got an idea of which Motherboard you should for and which one you must ignore. If you found this post useful, I would really appreciate you sharing this with your friends and family who may get benefit from this.
Now that we have been through everything, you should have a clearer idea of what it is that you are looking from a motherboard, and you should have an idea about which of these motherboards will work best for you.
Remember that there is no point in spending extra money on one that does everything under the sun, if you’re only going to be using three USB ports and nothing else. Get the motherboard that is right for you, and then you’ll be able to have the best experience possible.
From all the recommendations, We hope that you can now choose the best motherboard for i5 6500 easily. As for our pick, it is ASUS STRIX Z270E GAMING. These motherboards are sorted from best to better which is why you will easily spot the one as your choice. Also, each motherboard’s key features and downsides are marked separately.
1.Asus Micro ATX DDR4
- DDR4 memory compatibility
- 5X Protection II - Advanced hardware safeguards for all-round protection
- Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS with EZ Flash 3 ; Operating System Support:Windows 10 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit,Windows 7 32bit/64bit
- Fan Xpert advanced fan controls for balanced cooling and silent performance
- Integrated DVI & VGA ports for dual monitor environments
The Prime line fits in next to TUF Gaming and touches ROG Strix territory. Asus offers four B550-based Prime boards, with the B550-Plus the full-size flagship, with the rest being Micro ATX in different variations of our review board.
In our testing, the B550M-A Wi-Fi performed admirably, its results mixing in well with all of the other B550 motherboards we’ve tested so far. About the only benchmark where this board seemed off was application startup, and video testing was a bit lower than the rest. Outside of that, gaming results were spot on, and power use was average among all B550 motherboards.
The biggest concern with this model is how hot the VRMs got during testing with our Ryzen 9 3900X. While they were running within the board’s operating parameters, they ran well over 80 degrees Celsius at stock, almost a full 30 degrees Celsius over the other boards.
Great-value micro-ATX H110 with 5X Protection II for dependable stability, LED-illuminated audio shielding and DDR4 support.
3.ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting, two additional RGB headers and a 3D-printing friendly mount
- Maximize your connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, front panel USB 3.1, onboard 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- Two Patent-pending Safe Slots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A
The first thing we notice from an oblique view of the ROG Strix Z270E Gaming is the unusual arrangement of its I/O panel ports, followed by the presence of two Wi-Fi antenna ports on the back of Asus’ custom riser. Inside the riser is the venerable Qualcomm Atheros QCFNA364A M.2 Key-E WiFi module, which has been around for a couple years and occasionally gives non-Windows users a little grief until they finally figure out that it uses Qualcomm’s QCA6174A 801.11ac 2×2 (867 mb/s) controller.
We also see four USB 3.0 ports (aka USB 3.1 Gen 1), two USB 3.1 (Gen 2) ports, an Intel i219V-fed Gigabit Ethernet port, three graphics outputs, analog and digital-optical audio. More details on these are in the chart above, including the use of ASMedia’s ASM2142 PCIe 3.0 x2 based USB 3.1 controller for the connected Type-C and Type A ports.
4.ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F
- Designed for 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, Gigabit LAN and ASUS Optic-MEM II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5-way Optimization overclocks Intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while FanXpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling
- Pre-mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG's attention to detail and quality
- Aura Sync RGB lighting features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of product
- Channel HD Audio with ROG exclusive supreme S1220A codec driven by Japanese capacitors for warm and rich sound
As a Core i9-9900K overclocking board with mid-level feature set, the ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming faces tough competition from pricier competitors that attempt to provide a greater value in added features than the price difference.
Asus fills some of that gap with improved RGB and a more-polished software interface. For performance-crazed gamers, its greatest accomplishment is that it overclocks as well as those pricier competitors.
One might think that a mainstream product would be targeted towards average consumers, but there’s nothing average about the build-your-own crowd of PC enthusiasts
The GA-H110-D3A is the latest MoBo issued by Gigabyte. It is meant to work with the newest Intel CPU’s and it supports DDR4 RAM and the newest M.2 Storage, which is five times faster than SATA 3.
The motherboard came well-packaged in a box, with all the instructions and needed cables inside. The packaging quality reminded me of that of a high-end GPU, which was quite nice. The motherboard isn’t either heavy or lightweight, but it does feel solid.
I am testing it with the components I have right now, and I will be making a fully-functional mining rig of it soon – it takes some time for the new GPUs/CPU/PSU to arrive at my place.
As for today, the mobo keeps working as expected without any kind of issues.
6.GIGABYTE B365 HD3
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4
- New hybrid Digital PWM Design
- M.2 Socket 1 slot for Wi-Fi upgradable
- High quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
Get ready for those intense gaming marathons with Gigabyte B365 HD3 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard. Designed for 8th- and 9th-generation Intel Core processors with the LGA 1151 socket, this motherboard features the B365 chipset to power gaming, content creation, entertainment, and other intense computing tasks. Up to 64GB of dual-channel
Get ready for those intense gaming marathons with Gigabyte B365 HD3 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard. Designed for 8th- and 9th-generation Intel Core processors with the LGA 1151 socket, this motherboard features the B365 chipset to power gaming, content creation, entertainment, and other intense computing task
7.ASUS Prime B360M-C
- Designed exclusively for 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with integrated Dual M.2 slots and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- ASUS Corporate Stable Model complimentary advance replacement and long lifecycle
- 5X Protection III Hardware level safeguards and anti moisture coating provide component longevity and reliability
- ASUS OptiMem improves memory stability and performance by improving trace isolation between PCB layers to maintain signal integrity even at higher frequencies
- On board 8 Channel HD Audio with front panel audio connections
The ASUS PRIME B360M-C [90MB0W80-M0EAYM] is a Micro-ATX B360 business line motherboard with enhanced security, reliability and manageability. Supports ASUS exclusive BIOS self-healing technology to automatically restore the system’s BIOS from a proven backup. It has an innovative moisture-resistant coating to protect the motherboard from aggressive environments.
The motherboard is designed to work in enterprises where gaming opportunities go to the last plan, and in the first place are the functions of monitoring the system, the ability to quickly diagnostic and problems and faults solution. The manufacturer stated that the motherboard is tested and designed to work in 24/7 mode.
8.MSI MPG Z390
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel DDR4 Memory, up to 4400(OC) MHz; DIMM Slots: 4.Operating system: Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- 2x TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready, Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2; USB 2.0 ports (Front): 4
- MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colors / 29 effects. Connect RGB or RAINBOW LED strips with addressable headers and create an RGB gaming PC. Control Mystic Light SYNC enabled products
- Built for high-performance gaming - Extended heatsink, ATX form factor ready for multi-GPU
Let’s focus on what MSI does outside of the goodness from the chipset. 12 RGB LEDs line the bottom edge, but they are neither that bright nor spaced correctly, in our opinion, because there’s a significant gap underneath the 24-pin power connector. With no other board-mounted RGB present the MPG feels lopsided, though you can add extra lighting bling via a couple of JRGB headers supporting 5050 12V light-strips.
These are sensibly located on the left and right edges of the board for maximum coverage. If that’s not enough, next to the left-hand header is support for individually-addressable (WS2812B) 5V strips.
Keeping costs in check means that all USB is provided by the Z390 chipset, and handily includes a 3.1G2 Type-C for easy connection on premium modern chassis. In a somewhat unusual move, MSI augments the standard 8-pin power connector with an extra 4-pin, presumably to provide adequate juice for an overclocked Core i9-9900K.
9.Asus optimized Z170
- LGA1151 socket for 6th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processors with DDR4
- SupremeFX: Flawless audio that makes you part of the game
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard: Top-speed protected networking
- USB 3.1 Type A/C & M.2: Ultra-speedy transfer for faster gaming
- Gamer's Guardian: Highly-durable components and smart DIY features
The ASUS TPU feature is an onboard chip that works for automatic overclocking either by the 2-phase switch on the motherboard or through the AI Suite III utility. The EPU feature is geared towards energy efficiency by adjusting the power consumption to match the needs of the PC.
The Fan Xpert 3 utility is another module in AI Suite III that now offers control over a dedicated water pump header found on the motherboard. Many of the same options are available from within the UEFI BIOS as well. The DIGI+ power control is again assigned the task of voltage regulation now that the FIVR is no longer built into the Skylake CPUs.
It’s said to enhance overclocking potential, increase system stability, and provide improved power efficiency. The Turbo App is yet another utility found in AI Suite III and lets you customize overclocks, audio features, network data, and fan control to a specific software application. Once the application is launched, the customized settings you create are automatically set in motion
10.Asus TUF B365M-PLUS
- Asus Optic-MEM: careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved Memory stability.
- Fan Xpert 2+: flexible controls for ultimate Cooling and quietness, Plus gpu-temperature sensing for cooler gaming.
- Military-grade TUF components: TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs for maximum durability. Aura Sync: bright up your build and sync with Asus gear
- Aura Sync: bright up your build and sync with Asus gear
- Wi-fi support: TUF B365M-PLUS GAMING (Wi-Fi) bundles a PCIe to M.2 Wi-Fi Card comes with Realtek wireless-8821ce Wi-Fi module
Asus markets the TUF boards primarily to the entry-level gamer, which fits in well with the H310M Plus’ middling features and modest price.
Along with supporting 8th and 9th generation Intel processors, the Asus TUF H310M-Plus Gaming provides users with the full complement of four SATA ports, a single M.2 slot along with two DRAM slots capable of supporting up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM at the platform’s locked top speed of 2666 Mhz. Also included is an Intel Gigabit wired networking and Realtek ALC887 audio. Below is a complete list of specifications from Asus.
The TUF Line today isn’t the same as it was in the past with plastic or metal armor covering anything that wasn’t a slot.
Best Motherboards for i5 6500 – BUYER’S GUIDE
These motherboards are all compatible with the i5-6500, which is part of the Skylake family. Within that, it is important to make sure that they are compatible with your chipset. In this case, most of them are either Z170 or Z370.
Four of our motherboards had the ATX form factor, and only one had the Micro ATX form factor. This is the part that determines the size of the motherboard, as well as the expansion capabilities. So before you choose one, make sure to check that it will fit.
We mentioned at the start that the motherboard is the communications centre of your computer. It is the motherboard that determines how many input and output ports your PC will have, and therefore how many devices you can connect.
If you know that you will be overclocking, that you will need extra fans, and that you want various video outputs, then you need to make sure that the motherboard that you choose can handle everything.
Best Motherboards for i5 6500 – The motherboard is an essential part of your CPU. The i5 6500 is the best CPU for the moderate budget-minded gamers that intel has to offer. To max out the performance of your CPU, a great motherboard is a must. If you are looking for a good motherboard for i5 6500, then you are in the right place. Getting the best motherboard for i5 6500 will make your PC work like a cherry on top! While buying the best motherboard, you should check the motherboard’s overclocking ability and overall performance.