Best Motherboards for i5 6600 – All things considered, on the off chance that you are considering purchasing a motherboard, at that point, it isn’t at all simple. While getting, you need to keep many variables in your psyche, and really at that time you get the correct item you need. In the present current world, you will see various choices on the item you need, and consequently, numerous clients get befuddled a ton, they figure which one to purchase and which one not to purchase, and they wind up purchasing some unacceptable item.
Remembering all these, we have attempted to draw out the best motherboard for i5 6600K. In this article, we have attempted to refer to the best items and their highlights, favorable circumstances, and disservices so you think that it’s a lot more obvious.
This article accompanies a link to the items too with the goal that the clients will find it with ease. I trust this article has been very useful to you.
1.MSI Intel B365 LGA
- Supports 9th/8th Gen Intel Core/Pentium Gold/Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 2666 MHz
- Intel Gaming LAN: Premium network solution from Intel for professional and multimedia use. Delivers a secure, stable and fast network connection
- Pre-installed I/O Shielding: Better EMI protection and more convenience for installation
- Set Core Power Free: Extended Heatsink Design, Core Boost, DDR4 Boost
MSI motherboards been designed with tons of smart features for convenient setup and usage, such as pin-header keep out zone, friendly SATA & USB location and multiple cooling solutions, so DIY users can pick and choose any gaming rig they want
MSI motherboards featured all the latest solution for enthusiast gamers and prosumers. CPU and memory enhancement and fast storage and USB transfer speed are ready to be on the battlefield
2.MSI Z390-A PRO
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel ddr4 memory, up to 4400(oc) MHz
- Turbo M.2: PCI-E gen3 x4 interfACe maximizes performance for NVME SSDS
- Core boost, 8+4 pin CPU power connector, ddr4 boost
- Built for reliable operation
- Operating system - Support for windows 10 64-bit
- Intel turbo USB 3.1 gen2: powered by intel USB 3.1 gen2 controller, turbo USB ensures an uninterrupted connection with more stability and fastest USB speeds
- Multi-gpu: With steel armor pci-e slots. Supports 2-way amd crossfire
- Extended heatsink design: msi extended pwm and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
The main difference between the MSI Z390-A PRO and the rest of MSI’s Z390 product stack is that this board isn’t specifically targeted towards gamers. The aesthetics are simple with a coffee colored PCB which does include silver patterning across it; primarily around the edges of the board and around the silver and black heatsinks.
The main selling point of the MSI Z390-A PRO is in its value with a good selection of controllers including an Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet controller and a Realtek ALC892 HD audio codec handling the onboard audio.
3.MSI MPG B550
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4866 MHz)
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 x4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2
- Enhanced Power Design: 12+2+1 Digital Power with Doubler Design, 8+4 pin CPU power connectors, Core Boost, DDR4 Boost
- MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colors / 29 effects controlled in one click. MYSTIC LIGHT EXTENSION supports both RGB and RAINBOW LED strip
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager and Wi-Fi 6 AX Solution
Moving a step down MSI’s B550 models, we come to the MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge Wifi which opts for a design consistent with its MPG series. Focusing its attention at gamers, the B550 Gaming Edge Wifi includes a near-identical feature set to the more expensive B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi with two M.2 slots, a Realtek ALC1200 HD audio codec, an Intel Wi-Fi 6 interface and a Realtek 2.5 Gbe Ethernet controller.
The MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge Wifi is an ATX motherboard with a simplistic primarily black aesthetic with silver accents on the heatsinks, with integrated RGB LEDs within the chipset heatsink
- LGA1151, Supports 6th Generation Intel Core Processors
- Memory socket: 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets
- Expansion Slots: 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot, 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x8 Slot, 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Slot, 4x PCI-Express 3.0 x1 Slots
- Support for 2-Way NVIDIA SLI technology, 3-Way AMD Crossfire
- 3 x SATA Express connector, 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- NOTE: Check User Manual on Technical Specification before use
So similar is the LGA1151 Gaming X layout to the previously-tested Gaming SLI that we had to do a double-take, at first glance finding nothing more than the center slot missing the pricier-board’s metal cover and the lower slot switched from x16-length to x1.
The fact that the middle slot has only four fixed lanes rather than stealing eight from the upper x16 slot could be seen as a benefit to anyone hoping to use a PCIe x4 storage card there, since it leaves the top slot’s sixteen lanes intact. As for the bottom slot, the change from x16-length to x1 is hardly a problem given that the Gaming SLI’s bottom slot had only two lanes.
5.ASUS Prime Z390-P
- Designed for 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2 and Asus optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- 5x Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with safe Slot Core, LANGuard and overvoltage protection provide component longevity and reliability
- Fanxpert 4 with AIO pump header delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe Slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-Channel HD gaming audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition Audio CODEC
6.MSI Performance Intel
- Supports 9th / 8th Gen Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket, Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 2666 MHz
- MYSTIC LIGHT and Sync: Personalize your PC with 16.8 million colors / 10 effects controlled in one click with the Mystic Light APP or a mobile device
- Lightning Fast Game experience: TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready. Intel Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2
- AUDIO BOOST with NAHIMIC: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience, VR Ready: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness
- In-Game Weapons: GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, Voice Boost
7.Micro Center Motherboard
- A motherboard cpu combo for AAA gaming and multitasking, offering premium performance, fast speed connectivity while staying cool whenever you game, design, web browsing, document editing and more. Pack in a bundle, compatibility guarantee with each other, purchase with confidence
- Intel Core i5-9600K Desktop Computer Processor 6 Cores 6 Threads; Unlocked & Overlockable with 3.70 GHz Base Clock Speed and up to 4.60 GHz Turbo Boost Speed; 9 MB Intel Smart Cache; Intel UHD Graphics 630. CPU Cooling device not included
- CPU Support Maximum Memory Capacity 128 GB, DDR4 2666 MHz, No ECC memory, up to 2 memory channel, 41.6 GB/s max memory bandwidth. Intel Optane Memory Supported
- GIGABYTE B365 HD3 Motherboard designed with ultra-durability and great cooling ability. High-Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard; Anti-Sulfur Resistors Design; Smart Fan 5 with Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP; CEC 2019 Ready for improved power efficiency
- PC ATX motherboard with fast and smooth connectivity. Dual M.2 with PCIe Gen3 X4/X2 & SATA interface; GIGABYTE 8118 Gaming LAN with 25KV protection; WIFI upgradeable slot; Intel Thunderbolt 3 AIC Support. Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4; New Hybrid Digital PWM Design and RGB LED strips support as well
Micro center is one of the best places to buy anything computer related, the customer service is amazing and the people who work there are going to give you the actual truth and not just marketing.
A lot of people here are complaining about the repair but all of that really isn’t micro center’s fault– they need to order parts from the people who made the pc which is often time consuming and the companies are terrible. Micro center is genuinely amazing, go there if you need something tech related and you will find it.
8.GIGABYTE X570 AORUS
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 12+2 phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
- Advanced heatsink design with enlarge heatsink
- Dual ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with single thermal guards
It managed to run through stock testing and overclocking without a hitch. Performance was right around all of the other X570 motherboards tested.
As with other boards on this platform, the X570 Aorus Ultra supports both Ryzen 2000 and Ryzen 3000 series processors. It includes a total of six SATA ports and four DIMM slots capable of supporting up to 128GB of DDR4 RAM.
Memory speeds are listed up to DDR4 4400+(OC). This board also uses the latest Realtek ALC1220-VB chip to push out the audio. Below is a complete list of specifications from Gigabyte.
9.Asus optimized Z170
- LGA1151 socket for 6th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processors with DDR4
- SupremeFX: Flawless audio that makes you part of the game
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard: Top-speed protected networking
- USB 3.1 Type A/C & M.2: Ultra-speedy transfer for faster gaming
- Gamer's Guardian: Highly-durable components and smart DIY features
With the new Intel’s new Skylake platform ASUS is ready with a comprehensive range of Z170 chipset based motherboards targeting every segment from overclockers to enthusiast to gamers and more, complementing almost every PC build .
Earlier we have reviewed the top mid-range ROG motherboard, the ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING Motherboard and now we have the honour of reviewing the ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard, a new product from ASUS Pro Gaming series of motherboards designed for today’s value-conscious gamers, demanding the very best of technologies at an affordable price.
10.ASUS TUF Z390-Plus
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.1 Gen2
- Military-Grade TUF Components like TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs maximize system durability
- Gamer’s Guardian with Safe Slot and FanXpert 4 provides hardware-level safeguards for maximum performance with dynamic system cooling
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio with TUF Gaming Headphone featuring Realtek S1200A high definition audio codec driven by Japanese capacitors for warm, immersive sound
- ASUS Optimum II improves memory stability and performance by improving trace isolation between PCB layers to maintain signal integrity even at higher frequencies
TUF Gaming motherboards are specially designed and tested to survive and thrive in conditions where other boards would struggle. Engineered with highly durable components, these motherboards deliver unwavering stability for gaming sessions that last as long as you demand.
When you build with a TUF Gaming motherboard, you also benefit from the TUF Gaming Alliance — an ASUS collaboration with trusted industry partners that ensures easier building, the best compatibility, and complementary aesthetics from components to case.
Best Motherboards for i5 6600 – BUYER’S GUIDE
1. Form Factor.
The motherboard form actor includes aspects such as its shape and size, connector and ports type and location, and the layout of the power interface and mounting holes.
An ATX design is the common motherboard size and they will require the largest cases. However, the ATX design motherboards have a high number of memory sockets and PCI-E slots.
2. Supported RAM
Ensure that your motherboard will support the RAM you have or need to use on it. For example, DDR-2 is a common RAM. However, the motherboard should also support RAM sticks.
3. Supported Processor and Expansion Ports and Slots
To achieve maximum efficiency, you’ll need to choose a motherboard that will support the speed and type of processor you need.
You can check this physically through the allowed processor socket. You should check the number of expansible ports and slots of each type.
4. Chip-set support
Determine the type of chip-set that is on your motherboard. However, you should not that the chip-set is not replaceable.
Therefore, consider checking reviews on the type of chip-set on the motherboard to determine its usefulness or your desired gaming purposes.
You can check motherboard reputation on sites like Motherboards.org. Also, consider the motherboard compatibility with different operating systems.
5. On-Board Attributes.
Consider support for features such as multimedia, video, graphics, and audio support if you’ll need them on your motherboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the Best Motherboard for i5 6600K?
The best motherboard for i5 6600k is one which can take advantage of the 3.5 GHz 4-cores. It needs to work with the lower energy pull and 4K resolution to make it a compatible motherboard. Some boards are to this undertaking and others are most certainly not. If you are searching for a motherboard for overclocking i5 6600k, at that point, you have an entirely distinctive set of requirements. If this is your first build, it would be certain you to do some research before you make a buy.
Best Motherboards for i5 6600 – i5 6600k CPU i5 processors come with 3.5 GHz 4 cores, which takes lower energy and allow 4k resolution, particularly for gaming and content creation purposes.
Z170 motherboards are considered to be highly powerful motherboards with the i5 6600k.