Best Motherboards for i7 4790k – As I said in the beginning, the i7 4790k might be a dated processor but there are many good reasons to use it and a lot of people are still running their PCs with this processor. I’m hoping that you have found the Best Motherboard for i7 4790k with the help of this simple guide. Do let me know in the comments which one you liked and which one you didn’t.
These things are most important in a motherboard, and if you ignore considering these, you can make a choice that you will be regretting your whole life.
If you want the best Motherboard for i7 4790k, you can choose any one listed among the list. However, you can still think about specific features of your processor to select its right partner.
1.MSI Z97 GAMING
- More for the money with this high quality Product
- Offers premium quality at outstanding saving
- Excellent product
- 100% satisfaction
One of MSI’s main focus points of the last twelve months has been style. This typically means fashioned heatsinks, almost-invisible traces and if possible a reduction of on-the-board components (trying to balance price as well). MSI wants its motherboards to be shown off, rather than hidden inside a case, such that other users can show it off to their friends and perhaps entice them into a similar build.
The Gaming 5 aims to the more cost conscious Haswell build while still maintaining a full ATX size in the red and black livery featuring the MSI Gaming logo.
On the gaming side of the hardware equation the Gaming 5 is fitted with a Killer E2205 network port which comes with application prioritization software, as well as an enhanced Realtek ALC1150 audio solution via Audio Boost. For users with USB DACs there is a feature to offer enhanced power to a pair of USB ports as well to improve power signal quality. There is also M.2 support for 22x42mm to 22x80mm devices up to PCIe 2.0 x2 speeds, and all the fan headers onboard are 4-pin.
2.MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA
- Socket LGA 1150
- Intel Z97 chipset
- 3 PCI-E x16 3.0 and 4 PCI-E x1
- 1 DisplayPort and 1 HDMI
- 3-way CrossFireX and 2-way SLI ready
- USB Audio Power
- Killer Game Networking
All gamers know how important a good motherboard is. The best gaming experience requires excellent sound, impeccable graphics and very short lag times. None of these is possible if the motherboard doesn’t support performance.
You may have the best sound card or video board models and the fastest SSD, and yet lack the desired performance. A system is as weak as its weakest element. This is why you need a motherboard to live up to the performance offered by the other components of your system. Now we will talk about the z97 motherboard for gaming.
- Supports 9th / 8th Generation Intel Core, Pentium, and Celeron Processors for Socket LGA 1151
- Intel Z370 Express Chipset
- Form Factor: ATX. EZ Debug LED : Easiest way to troubleshoot
- 4 x DDR4 memory slots supporting up 64GB
- Supports 2-Way AMD CrossFireX
4.ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII
- Extreme Engine Digi+ III - Hardcore power delivery with premium components
- SupremeFX - Precision-engineered audio
- M.2 onboard - Up to 10Gb/s data-transfer speeds
- GameFirst III - Network-optimization software for no-delay gameplay!
- KeyBot - Your keyboard, instantly upgraded!
ASUS severely shook up their ROG product line with the launch of Intel’s Haswell and Z87; new SKUs were introduced while old ones were re-hashed in ways most of us just didn’t expect. ASUS’s last HERO swung into action to save the day with Z87, but now that we have Z97 out on store shelves, we’ve also have a new HERO, the ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO.
The ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO has a long-standing tradition to live up to, and while the first Hero board did well, it did have a few shortcomings and might have been overshadowed by some of the other new ROG boards, like the IMPACT. What an apt name that is too, IMPACT, as that board definitely made its mark on the OC scene. So who exactly did the HERO save?
5.Asus Prime Z390-A
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M. 2, USB 3. 1 Gen2 and ASUS Optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5-Way Optimization that has the intelligence to overclock a CPU based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry. OptiMem II: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with Safe Slot Core, LAN Guard, Over voltage Protection provide longevity, reliability. FanXpert 4 delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition audio codec
Starting with the premier entry-level Prime range, the ASUS Prime Z390-A is an ATX sized motherboard and features a white, silver and black design throughout. The board has a white rear panel cover and chipset heatsink, with integrated RGB on both with support for ASUS AURA Sync. The PCB has a white patterning which contrasts quite nicely and represents one of the more subtle looking ASUS Z390 options.
The Prime Z390-A has three full-length PCIe 3.0 slots with two getting treated to ASUS Safe slot armor protection and the slots operate at x16, x8 and x4 from top to bottom. This means the Prime Z390-A officially supports two-way SLI and up to three-way CrossFire multi-graphics card configurations.
6.GIGABYTE B365M DS3H
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4
- New hybrid digital PWM design
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard with LED trace path lighting
- Ultra-fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 and SATA interface
The GIGABYTE B365M-DS3H motherboard comes in small, original packaging. On the box cover in the form of icons it is indicated that the board supports the installation of processors of the ninth generation.
The official website states that this motherboard supports the 9-th generation Core i3, i5 and i7 processors and you do not need to update bios for them, everything will work out of the box.
7.ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-Plus
- Intel LGA 1200 Socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- Enhanced Power Solution: 14+2 DrMOS power stages, ProCool sockets, military-grade TUF components, and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability and performance
- Comprehensive Cooling : VRM heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- Ultra Fast Gaming Networking : Intel WiFi 6 AX201 (802.11 ax), Intel I225-V 2.5Gb LAN, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Fastest Connectivity: Triple M.2/NVMe SSD, Front panel USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C header and Thunderbolt 4 header
Asus TUF products have a reliability focus and this, combined with its pricing, and feature set more on the basic side, means it should be a good affordable option for someone after a no fuss, solid and reliable system. But does this TUF have what it takes, is it TUF enou…[snip]
Z590 boards, such as the Asus TUF and MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Carbon W-Fi, are a clear step forward over their Z490 predecessors. Key features include PCIe 4.0 support, enabling Intel users to finally take advantage of the latest and greatest SSDs, a doubling of the CPU-to -hipset DMI bandwidth and native 20Gbps USB 3.2 support.
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core Processors (Socket 1200)
- 7 Power Phase Design
- Supports DDR4 2933 MHz.Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore, DRAM, VPPM, PCH, VCCSA, VCCST
- 1 PCIe 3. 0 x16, 2 PCIe 3. 0 x1, 1 M. 2 Key E for WiFi
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
9.ASRock X570 Taichi
- Supports AMD AM4 socket Ryzen 2000 and 3000 series processors
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4Gbps) + BT 5.0
- Supports DDR4 4666+ (OC)
- 3 PCIe 4.0 x16, 2 PCIe 4.0 x1
- NVIDIA NVLink, Quad SLI, AMD 3-Way CrossFireX
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound 4 & DTS Connect
- 8 SATA3, 2 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4 & SATA3), 1 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4)
- 3 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C, Front Type-C), 8 USB 3.2 Gen1 (2 Front, 6 Rear)
- Intel Gigabit LAN
- ASRock Polychrome SYNC
The X570 PCH’s expanded I/O means that slot layout is one of very few things that the new X570 Taichi has in common with its X470 predecessor’s design. Most of the previous board’s added features have been upgraded on the new model, such as Intel’s 2.4Gb/s AX200 module, bringing the new board up to 802.11ax / Wi-Fi 6 speed.
The I/O panel adds firmware update and CLR_CMOS buttons, the third PCIe slot gets added metal reinforcement, and all slots support PCIe 4.0 mode.
10.ASUS Micro ATX DDR3
- ASUS 5X Protection: All-round protection provides the best quality, reliability, and durability
- USB 3.0 BOOST (UASP Support): 170% faster transfer speeds than traditional USB 3.0
- Network iControl: Real-time network bandwidth management
- Fan Xpert :Dedicated CPU and case fan controls
- Crash Free BIOS 3: Restore corrupted BIOS data from USB storage
- AI Suite 3: One-stop access to innovative ASUS features
Are you looking for a high-quality, affordable motherboard? Look no further. The ASUS Micro ATX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboards B85M-G is exactly what you’ve been waiting for, all in a convenient and well-priced package.
It enhances computer security; it is reliable and durable. So, without any further ado, let’s see what other premium features it includes at such an affordable budget!
Best MotherboardsFor intel core i7 4790k
- Supports 9Th/ 8Th Generation Intel Core Processors
- Supports Cpu Up To 95W
- Digi Power Design
- 8 Power Phase Design
Best Gaming Motherboards for i7 4790k
- Socket Am4, Digi Power Design, 9 Power Phase Design, Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge); Supports 95W Water Cooling (Summit Ridge); Supports 65W Water Cooling (Raven Ridge)
- Country Of Origin : China
- Memory: 4X Ddr4-3200+(Oc)/2933/2667/2400/2133 Dimm Slots, Dual Channel, Ecc, Non-Ecc, Unbuffered, Max Capacity Of 64Gb (Amd Ryzen Series Cpus (Pinnacle Ridge))
- Slots: 4X Pci-Express 3.0 X16 Slots (One Runs At X8, Two Run At X4), 4X Pci Express 2.0 X1 Slots
Best Motherboards for Intel Core i7-4790k – BUYER’S GUIDE
< id="sata-ports">SATA Ports
Considering the number of SATA ports is most important when you are buying a motherboard for your i7 4790k processor. The function of each SATA port is to connect the storage drives and an optical drive. These drives also include SSD and HDD.
So, it is important that you buy a motherboard that has all the SATA ports that you need to connect the drives that you have installed in your processor.
Also, it is important that you make sure the Motherboard you are buying must offer SATA 6 GBs standard-most commonly known as SATA 3.0.
< id="pci-slots">PCI Slots
Another important thing for you to note in a motherboard is that whether the Motherboard you are buying contains the PCI slots to meet all your requirements.
A PCI slot is a port or a connection in a motherboard that is most popularly known as expansion slots and is used to connect the expansion cards within the Motherboard.
Do, these ports/slots are very important for you to consider, keeping in view the type of your PC usage; gaming, office work, etc.
However, if you are a gamer and are fond of playing high-profile online games, you need to have a motherboard that contains one full-speed PCI Express x16 slot.
< id="number-of-ram-slots">Number Of RAM Slots
Your Motherboard will decide for the type as well as the amount of RAM you can have in your PC, so be very mindful of this thing before buying a motherboard for you.
Whatever, Motherboard you may have; i7 4790k or other, it is always best to find a motherboard that comes supporting at least 16 GB or RAM.
This will give you a handsome choice of installing as many RAMs as possible, leading up to 16 GB in total.
Additionally, one other thing that you can look up to in a motherboard, and that is whether it offers four or more memory slots or not? If it has, you will get a great option to install two memory slots initially and can upgrade it further in the future when you need it.
< id="processor-socket">Processor Socket
Lastly, another most crucial thing to look for in a motherboard is the Processor Socket.
There is a wide variety of sockets that different motherboards offer. But for Intel processors just like the one you have-i7 4790k, LGA sockets work best. So, if you have an i7 4790k processor with you, we suggest you have a motherboard that comes with an LGA processor socket.
So, these were some things that we consider are most important to consider when you are out to buy a perfectly compatible motherboard for your processor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is just like you are buying a building block of your processor. A motherboard is the one that connects all the interior together. It is also responsible for providing some additional features like USB connectivity, audio, Bluetooth, and also wifi. So, it is necessary to get the best and compatible Motherboard for your processor so that everything works perfectly well.
A motherboard is considered an essential part of the processor that is responsible for generating power for it. So, to find the best Motherboard for your processor, all you need to consider is the Processor Socket, Form Factor, PCI Slots, RAM, and the number of SATA ports.
A good motherboard is worth spending at least a handsome amount from your wallet. Nevertheless, specifically, it is suggested that you should spend between $100 and $200. With this amount, you can get enough features, including USB 3.0, PCIe ports, storage connectivity, and also on-board wifi.
Best Motherboards for Intel Core i7-4790k – Intel Core i7 4790k is one of the most advanced processors that any gamer can use to have the best ever experience with their games. Not only gamer’s, but anyone who needs greater speed and better performance can enjoy its use without any trouble. This information was for those who have not yet used it, but if you already have installed it, we have a tip for you; consider installing some good motherboard for i7 4790k to upgrade it to another level.