Best Motherboards for i7 5820k – This article was meant to help you decide which motherboard is best for your i7 5820k. Hopefully, it helped you out and made research a little easier. If you have any more concerns, you can go over the aforementioned reviews in extensive depth, so that your job becomes easier.
It is a stage for you to mark a final decision now that you realize what each aspect of the motherboard reflects and which modules are compatible with the i7-5820k processor.
We recommend listing the requested features and comparing the list to the motherboard specifications to decide which one is most suitable for you.
- Next-gen connectivity – Includes extensive upgrades including onboard U.2 / M.2 slots that tap into 32Gbps of PCIe bandwidth, 3x3 802.11ac Wi-Fi and USB 3.1 Type C/Thunderbolt 3
- ASUS Aura – Features controllable RGB onboard lighting and 4-pin strip header that can be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware
- Patent-pending SafeSlot – Reinvented, strengthened PCIe slot utilizes a new insert-molding process to bind the slot to fortifying metal for superior retention and shearing resistance
- 5-Way Optimization: Fan Xpert 4 – Elevates customized cooling to new heights, with auto PWM/DC fan detection on all headers, utilize high-amperage fans and water-cooling pumps in software and UEFI
- Crystal Sound 3 – Gaming-grade audio with unmatched clarity featuring a new power pre-regulator for clean power delivery, which joins ASUS-pioneered noise isolation design and premium audio components
- NOTE: Refer the User Manual before use.
It’s finally here, the day we’ve been waiting for! Intel has now officially launched the latest LGA2011 platform on the new Intel X99 chipset! That’s not all though, they are also launching the Intel Core i7-5960X, Intel Core i7-5930K, and the Intel Core i7-5820K! While all that is exciting, right now
I have the pleasure of showcasing the first of the Intel X99 motherboards to come across my bench, the ASUS X99-Deluxe! The ASUS X99-Deluxe is currently the lowest cost Intel X99 motherboard from ASUS at only ASUS is also launching their Republic of Gamers Rampage 5 Extreme which will hit the shelves at and the X99-E WS motherboard will cost .
2.ASUS Prime B560M-A
- Intel LGA 1200 Socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- Comprehensive Cooling: Enhanced VRM heatsink, flexible M.2 heatsink, PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 2plus
- Enhanced power solution: 8 power stages, alloy chokes and durable capacitors for stable power delivery
- Boosted Memory Performance: ASUS OptiMem proprietary trace layout allows memory kits to operate at higher frequencies with lower voltages to maximize system performance. Support memory overclocking up to 5000 MHz
- Ultra Fast Connectivities: PCIe 4.0, Intel 1 Gb Ethernet, rear USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Type-A &Type-C) and V-M.2 Key E slot for Wi-Fi
Moving down the Prime series of models from ASUS, the Prime B560M-A AC and B560M-A are essentially smaller (micro-ATX) versions of the Prime B560M-Plus. The other difference between the two B560M-A models is the AC variant includes a Wi-Fi 5 CNVi.
Both models include a black and silver patterned PCB, with silver heatsinks covering the CPU section of the power delivery. Providing power to the advertised 8-phase power delivery is a single 8-pin 12 V ATX CPU power input.
3.MSI Z490 LGA
- Supports up to 128GB DDR4-SDRAM Memory
- ATX form factor
- Chipset: Intel Z490
- Socket type: LGA 1200
- Ports: 1 x USB3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 1 x USB3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 1 x Ethernet LAN RJ-45, 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 2 x USB2.0
Straight out of the box, the Extended-ATX-size (E-ATX) MEG Z490 Godlike is almost entirely black, with just a few thin white lines and labels to add detail. You’ll see some gray thrown in the mix on various metal parts, but these are all fairly dark and don’t stand out much from an otherwise black PCB.
After the board is supplied with power, it’s still not what I’d call colorful, but lights on the rear I/O shroud and the motherboard chipset do add some life to the board. The lights on the rear I/O shroud illuminate a dragon image that looks nifty, but it probably won’t be visible depending on where you place your PC.
4.MSI Aegis R 10SC-017US
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8G GDDR6 |1 x HDMI |3 x Display Ports
- Special Features: Proprietary Thermal Kit | Glass Panel Included | Gaming Vigor GK30 Keyboard | Gaming Clutch GM11 Mouse
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty
- System: Intel Core i7-10700F Processor | Intel B460 Chipset |16GB DDR4 | 512GB SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 Home
- Connectivity technology: Wi-Fi Built In
5.ASUS ROG Rampage V
- USB 3.1 Add-On Card
- Intel Core i7 processors on LGA 2011-v3 socket
- Intel X99 Express chipset
- OC Socket, OC Panel, Safe Boot and Retry buttons - Powerful tuning kit for breaking records
- Extreme Engine Digi+ IV - Primo components for rock-steady power
- Direct CU, X-Socket II, multiple thermal sensors and Fan Expert 3 - Stay even cooler
- PCI Express 3.0 x4 M.2, dual SATA Express, 3T3R 802.11ac Wi-Fi - Unparalleled connectivity with blistering-fast transfer speeds
- Supreme 2014, Sonic Radar II, Intel Ethernet, LANGuard, Game First III, Key Bot, RAM Disk - Hear more, banish lag, accelerate loading and control
Every now and then a motherboard manufacturer brings something very special to the table, and hey if it is your 10th anniversary, then why not do that with the X99 RAMPAGE V. Join us as we review the the Asus ROG X99 RAMPAGE V Extreme Edition 10. It is among the best X99 chipset based motherboards we have tested to date.
Not just that, it looks pretty awesome as well in an all dark design with subtle elements and a color configurable LED system. It’s big, fast, ROG themed and has luxurious features and overclocking written all over it.
This X99 motherboard can house the Intel Core i7-5960X and other Haswell-E chips as well as the new Broadwell-E processors. Both are based on socket LGA2011-V3 infrastructure with DDR4 quad channel memory
- Ultra-fast 10Gb/s USB 3.1 built in to the board
- Patent Pending OC Socket - Drive CPU and DDR4 performance beyond all expectations!
- 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5 - One click overclock and cooling, done!
- 32Gb/s ultrafast M.2 x4
- Crystal Sound 2 - Flawless audio that makes you part of the game!
- Total control anytime, anywhere with Remote GO!
One new feature that crosses over from the Deluxe is the EZ XMP switch on the board, allowing users to apply their high speed memory profile without even touching the BIOS. My last trip to a LAN event resulted in anecdotal findings of high speed memory kits being used at JEDEC speeds, so something as simple as this should help let users get the most out of their memory.
For gaming or PCIe coprocessor use, this board is aimed at tri-GPU setups with a full PCIe 3.0 x16/x16/x8 layout. One potential benefit of this rather over focusing on full-bandwidth four-way arrangements is that the three-way version saves some build cost by avoiding the additional timing circuits needed for full bandwidth when using four cards.
There is an additional PCIe 2.0 x4 slot from the PCH in the middle of the main PCIe slots for Thunderbolt or additional cards. This is situated as to not interfere with dual slot PCIe configurations.
7.GIGABYTE B365M DS3H
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4
- New hybrid digital PWM design
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard with LED trace path lighting
- Ultra-fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 and SATA interface
GIGABYTE motherboards feature an audio noise guard that essentially separates the board’s sensitive analog audio components from potential noise pollution at the PCB level. LED trace path lighting Illuminates to show the separation of the PCB layers.
GIGABYTE motherboards use high-end audio capacitors. These high quality capacitors help deliver high resolution and high fidelity audio to provide the most realistic sound effects for gamers.
8.ASUS TUF X299
- Designed for 7th generation LGA2066 socket Intel Core X-Series processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2, rear panel USB 3.1 Type-C connection, Intel VROC and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- Ultimate Protection with Thermal Radar 3 for customizable total system cooling and stability during overclocking
- Dual Patent-pending SafeSlots featuring an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- 5-Year Warranty for guaranteed reliability and durability built on military-grade engineering. Operating System - Windows 10 64-bit
- AURA Sync RGB Lighting features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled products
Overall the ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 is a sound foundation for the X299 platform with its PCIe slot configuration, dual Intel NICs, two M.2 slots, and eight SATA ports. The TUF Armor helps with both rigidity (back plate) keep dust out off the board, as well as the cooling it provides for the M.2 device and PCH heatsink.
The back plate even assists with VRM cooling. Performance in our testing landed where expected for the given clock speeds so nothing is outstanding in that respect.
If saving money is a concern, the TUF X299 Mark 1 is a bit less expensive and carries over a lot of the features, but less of the armor/aesthetics. If the TUF Mark 1 meets all your needs, and require a more rugged, protected board, there is no need to shy away from it.
9.ASRock ATX DDR4
- LGA 2011-v3
- Chipset: Intel X99
- Memory: 8x DDR4-3000+(OC)/ 2933+(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2400(OC)/ 2133/ 1866/ 1600/ 1333/ 1066, Quad-Channel, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity up to 128GB
- Slots: 3x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (one runs at x8), 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot (runs at x4), 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slot
- Ports: 6x USB 3.0 Ports (4 rear, 2 via header); 8x USB 2.0 Ports (4 rear, 4 via headers); 1x PS/2 Mouse Port, 1x PS/2 Keyboard Port, 1x Optical S/PDIF Out, 1x eSATA Port, 1x RJ45 LAN Port, Audio I/O Jacks
This ATX-form-factor AM4 motherboard follows in the tradition of Asrock’s prior Extreme4 products for gamers and overclockers. It targets the space between high-end and midrange X570 motherboards, with a feature set that veers toward the former while costing much less than an elite tweaker board.
Will it seduce you away from a flagship motherboard? Most shoppers will find the X570 Extreme4 a healthy balance, and the savings might let you buy that extra 16GB RAM kit, or step up your graphics card or Ryzen CPU, versus investing in a much pricier “overclocker special.”
- ASRock X99 EXTREME4 LGA2011-v3/ Intel X99/ DDR4/ Quad CrossFireX & Quad SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ M.2/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard
But as a pragmatic enthusiast, I realize that some of these components are well outside the reach of the majority of the readers here. So I get a different, yet longer-lasting thrill when I get to review motherboards or parts that I could actually afford to use in my personal builds.
Nevertheless, affordable parts are accompanied by a mix of excitement about new upgrades and foreboding that you’ll be let down by too many corners cut to hit an adequately low price point. The arrival of ASRock’s X99 Taichi elicited these thoughts.
Best Motherboards for i7 5820k – BUYER’S GUIDE
< class="">Form Factor
There are different form factors, for example, ATX, Micro-ATX, Micro BTX, etc. Most of the computers these days support the ATX format since it is more advanced and features more space and better quality.
The chipsets are an important factor in distinguishing the motherboards. More expensive models contain more slots and USB ports, and have better performance and speedier operation.
When buying a motherboard, you should look at the amount of SATA ports it has. This allows you to connect to an optical and storage drive, which is important if you have many. You may also need to consider whether you require peripheral connections such as the USB 3.0 ports.
< class="">PCI Slots
A PCI slot is a port that is inside the motherboard. These slots allow expansion cards to be connected to them, and you need to decide how many you need based on your liking. If you are a gamer, you will need at least 16 PCI Express slots.
If you are buying a motherboard that already has many features embedded in it, then you don’t need to pay extra for additional expansion cards. But if you require more features that the motherboard doesn’t offer already, you need to consider spending more for the one with additional features such as bundling of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth services.
Frequently Asked Questions
< id="rtoc-13">Is the i7 5820K strong yet?
As someone who still runs a 5820k at 4.5 GHz after almost 6 years, yeah, it’s still 100 percent important and still won’t bottleneck you until you play with something like a 2080.0 at 1080p.
< id="rtoc-14">How do I overclock the 5820K i7?
Conduct the Intel XTU and stress test setup for at least 5 hours. For tracking your core temperature, use RealTemp. Hold the temperature of the heart under 85C. Each computer is different, the effects of overclocking can vary, so if your chip is capable of 4500MHz under 1.300v Vcore, you are fortunate.
< id="rtoc-15">Is the 5820K i7 ideal for playing games?
Yes, it’s fantastic for playing sports. In some games, the i5 will outperform them, but not by much. This normally exists only at higher resolutions.
< id="rtoc-16">Which socket is the 5820K i7?
Featuring 6 cores and 12 threads, can be built the Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3 GHz Processor from Intel in an LGA2011-v3 outlet. This workstation is well-matched with DDR4-1333/1600/2133 memory, and it is fitted with a 15MB cache.
< id="rtoc-17">How many i7 5820K cores have you got?
The 6 cores it holds. CPU for Intel Core i7-5820K Desktop (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache, Hyper-Threading Technology).
Best Motherboards for i7 5820k – The Intel Core i7 5820k is the best compatible version of the processor, which promotes extreme overclocking. So you need to know the basic information and features about the best motherboards for i7 5820k. You should review this article in-depth to pick up a good motherboard for i7 5820k.