Best Motherboards for i7 5930k – When it comes to buying a motherboard for the Intel Core i7-5930k processor, you need to consider a number of features to make sure that the motherboard is equipped to cater to your needs. You will find that the manufacturer’s site will have a number of features that will make no sense to you if you are a beginner.
Before you buy a motherboard, here are a few key features that you need to look for so that you’re absolutely certain that the one you buy is the one you want.
Pros & Cons
- Next-gen connectivity – Includes extensive upgrades including onboard U.2 / M.2 slots that tap into 32Gbps of PCIe bandwidth, 3x3 802.11ac Wi-Fi and USB 3.1 Type C/Thunderbolt 3
- ASUS Aura – Features controllable RGB onboard lighting and 4-pin strip header that can be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware
- Patent-pending SafeSlot – Reinvented, strengthened PCIe slot utilizes a new insert-molding process to bind the slot to fortifying metal for superior retention and shearing resistance
- 5-Way Optimization: Fan Xpert 4 – Elevates customized cooling to new heights, with auto PWM/DC fan detection on all headers, utilize high-amperage fans and water-cooling pumps in software and UEFI
- Crystal Sound 3 – Gaming-grade audio with unmatched clarity featuring a new power pre-regulator for clean power delivery, which joins ASUS-pioneered noise isolation design and premium audio components
- NOTE: Refer the User Manual before use.
That is important this time around since these motherboards not only include what the platform itself brings to the table as one brand, ASUS, managed to squeeze every feature of the platform into its products while also including a different socket design, which blew my mind. I’ve spent the past several weeks exploring all the boards I have here in my “testing lab”, investigating ASUS’s innovation, and with most of that testing complete, I can now release my results.
The first LGA2011-V3 board by ASUS I will review is the ASUS X99 DELUXE. As the forward-facing high-end option for mainstream users, it comes with everything you’d expect from ASUS and a bunch of additional goodies over and above that special “OC Socket”, as ASUS calls it. Its got Wi-Fi, excellent audio, TPU and EPU power designs and features, support for multiple GPU configurations, and even comes packed with an additional fan controller and M.2 port, and the socket with its extra pins. Extras, extras, extras, but what about that price? I’ll tell you, it’s not full of extras. Let’s take a look.
2.ASUS Prime Z590-A
Pros & Cons
- Intel LGA 1200 Socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- AI Motherboard : AI overclocking, AI cooling and AI noise cancelation
- Enhanced Power Solution: 14plus2 DrMOS power stages, ProCool sockets, alloy chokes and durable capacitors for stable power delivery in the most demanding situations
- Comprehensive Cooling: VRM heatsink, PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- Boosted Memory Performance: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking with ASUS OptiMem II
The ASUS Prime Z590-A ticks both of these boxes with its stunning aluminum themed design, with holographic styling on the rear panel cover and chipset heatsink. ASUS is advertising a 16-phase (14+2) power delivery and includes three M.2 slots.
The Prime Z590-A includes three full-length PCIe slots, with the top two operating at PCIe 4.0 x16 and x8/x8, with one operating at PCIe 3.0 x4. In between the two full-length slots at the bottom is a half-length PCIe 3.0 x4 slot. For storage, the board has one PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 slot, with two PCIe 3.0 x4/SATA M.2 slots, and six right-angled SATA ports with support for RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 arrays.
Only two out of three of the M.2 slots include a heatsink, with the middle slot reliant on good passive airflow. Prime by name, Prime by nature, as it includes a 14+2 phase power delivery with DrMOS power stages, with a large silver power delivery heatsinks and a pair of 12 V ATX CPU power inputs, one 8-pin and one 4-pin.
3.MSI Intel X99
Pros & Cons
- NVIDIA Quadro SLI certification.
- Supports AMD FirePro. Chipset-Intel X99 Express
- Server level design and reliable stability
- Built for high-end content creation PCs
- Steel Armor and optimized PCI Express Slots
At Computex earlier this year, MSI showed off their X99 GODLIKE GAMING motherboard for the first time; the board took world records during a live OC event hosted by G.SKILL and made a quick leap to fame. This quick ascension into the lime-light is partly due to its over the top name. Today, I have the X99 GODLIKE GAMING in my system and ready to undergo analysis and testing. This motherboard catches your eye with its aesthetics and reels you in with its insane feature set.
MSI usually diversifies its lineup into its gaming and overclocking series, but the X99 GODLIKE GAMING is a mix of both. In the past, we have seen a diversification of gaming and overclocking motherboards, companies have been trying to target different users with features unique to each line, but now it seems some manufacturers are going back to pre-diversification times with above the top motherboards. Let’s see how over the top the X99 GODLIKE GAMING is!
4.MSI GF65 9SD-1028
Pros & Cons
- 8GB (8G X1) DDR4 2666 MHz Memory; 2 Sockets available, Max Memory 64GB; 512GB NVMe SSD Hard Drive,
- Core i7-9750H 2.6 - 4.5 GHz, Intel 9560 Jefferson Peak (2x2 802.11 ac) wireless, Bluetooth 5
- 15. 6" FHD (1920x1080), IPS-Level 144 Hz 45%NTSC Thin Bezel, NVIDIA GeForce GTX1660Ti 6G GDDR6
- 2x USB 3. 2 Gen1 Type C, 2x USB 3. 2 Gen1, Single backlight keyboard with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining, 720p HD Webcam
- Win 10 Home, 3 cell (51Whr) Battery, 180W AC Adaptor, HDMI (supports 4K @ 30Hz)
The entry-level MSI GF65 is an update to last year’s GF63. Along with the GP series and GL series, the GF series is home to some of MSI’s least expensive gaming laptops for consumers on tighter budgets. SKUs range from the Core i5-9300H to Core i7-9750H CPU, 1080p 60 Hz, 120 Hz, or 144 Hz display, and up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM. The GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GPU and 1080p resolution remain fixed across all configurations for now.
Visually, the GF65 is identical to the GF63 down to their keyboards, clickpads, ports, and even dimensions. We therefore recommend checking out our existing review on the GF63 as many of our comments will apply here on the GF65. Despite their similar chassis designs, there are some notable internal upgrades to the motherboard of the GF65 that we will detail below.
5.MSI Intel B460
Pros & Cons
- Supports up to 64GB DDR4-SDRAM memory
- Chipset: Intel B460
- Ports: 1 x Ethernet LAN RJ-45, 1 x HDMI, 4 x USB3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 2 x USB2.0
- Socket type: LGA 1200
- Micro ATX form factor
The B460M Mortar, like the ASRock we’ve also tested, includes a BIOS setting to boost the default power limits of 65W CPUs. This means you can ‘overclock’ your non K-series CPU if your cooling can handle it. It’s a nice way to gain some extra performance, particularly if you often load up all your cores in different productivity apps.
MSI also deserves credit for its fan hysteresis functionality. If you’re into tweaking your fan curves for optimum noise levels and cooling performance, MSI has you covered.
6.Asus Prime B365M-A
Pros & Cons
- Designed for 9th/8th Generation Intel Core processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Un-buffered DDR4, 4 x DIMM slots support up to 64GB DDR4 Memory
- Ultrafast connectivity: Dual onboard M.2 with Intel Optane Memory Ready, USB 3.1 Gen2 and USB 3.1 Gen 1 front-panel connector support
- 5x Protection III Hardware-level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability
- Fanxpert 2+ delivers advanced fan control for dynamic cooling.Asus Aura Sync RGB lighting: onboard RGB header for RGB LED strips, easily synced with an ever-growing portfolio of AURA Sync-capable hardware.
The Intel B365 is a single-chipset design that supports 8th Generation Intel Core LGA1151 processors. It provides improved performance by utilising serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the B365 chipset provides a maximum of four USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, two USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, six SATA 6Gbps ports, and 32Gbps M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane-speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel B365 also supports integrated-graphics, so you’ll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
ASUS’ Prime 300 series motherboards are engineered with industry-leading 5X Protection III, employing the finest components, excellent circuit design and exacting standards to guarantee the quality and long-term durability of the motherboard.
7.Asus TUF B365M-PLUS
Pros & Cons
- Asus Optic-MEM: careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved Memory stability.
- Fan Xpert 2+: flexible controls for ultimate Cooling and quietness, Plus gpu-temperature sensing for cooler gaming.
- Military-grade TUF components: TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs for maximum durability. Aura Sync: bright up your build and sync with Asus gear
- Aura Sync: bright up your build and sync with Asus gear
- Wi-fi support: TUF B365M-PLUS GAMING (Wi-Fi) bundles a PCIe to M.2 Wi-Fi Card comes with Realtek wireless-8821ce Wi-Fi module
TUF Gaming motherboards are specially designed and tested to survive and thrive in conditions where other boards would struggle. Engineered with highly durable components, these motherboards deliver unwavering stability for gaming sessions that last as long as you demand.
When you build with a TUF Gaming motherboard, you also benefit from the TUF Gaming Alliance — an ASUS collaboration with trusted industry partners that ensures easier building, the best compatibility, and complementary aesthetics from components to case.
8.GIGABYTE B365M DS3H
Pros & Cons
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4
- New hybrid digital PWM design
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard with LED trace path lighting
- Ultra-fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 and SATA interface
These motherboards are the initial and most affordable motherboard option for ninth generation intel processors. These boards have a minimized power system, which may not cope with powerful processors such as Core i5 or Core i7 and can become very hot in subsequent use.
Also on the motherboards of the H310 chipset there is no connector for connecting SSD drives of the M.2 format, which have a very high data transfer speed and allow the whole system to work much faster. In some motherboards, there are only two slots for installing RAM, which also limits, in a sense, the possibility of a subsequent upgrade. It was decided that H310 motherboards are not suitable for my system
9.Asus Prime Z390-A
Pros & Cons
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M. 2, USB 3. 1 Gen2 and ASUS Optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5-Way Optimization that has the intelligence to overclock a CPU based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry. OptiMem II: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with Safe Slot Core, LAN Guard, Over voltage Protection provide longevity, reliability. FanXpert 4 delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition audio codec
The memory capacity is high enough and compatible with different types of Pcs and processors. It has 4 RAM slots with a maximum capacity of 64GB, and support for DDR4-4266. There are good storage options, too, including M.2 slots that support SATA drives as well as six other SATA ports that operate RAID from 0 to 10 arrays.
The ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard comes with about seven USB ports, including two USB 2.0 ports, two USB 3.0 type-A, a USB 3.1 type-C, and three USB 3.1Type-A (Gen2) ports. It has a LAN port that is controlled by the Intel Gigabyte networking controller. At the rear panel, there are the mouse combo port, a PS/2 keyboard port, and the HDMI and DisplayPort.
10.ASRock X399 TAICHI
Pros & Cons
- Supports AMD TR4 Socket Ryzen Threadripper Series CPUs
- IR Digital PWM, 11 Power Phase & Dr. MOS and operating system is microsoft windows 10 64-bit,windows 10 RS2 is supported
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports DTS Connect.Supports high speed wireless connections up to 433Mbps
- 8 SATA3, 3 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 2 USB 3.1 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C), 12 USB 3.0 (4 Front, 8 Rear).Supports Bluetooth 4.2 / 3.0 + High speed class II
It has been over a year after the introduction of the Ryzen Threadripper processor and still the available compatible motherboards number around a dozen. ASRock is the company that offers the largest number of AMD X399 motherboards and they are merely three.
It is the ASRock X399 Taichi that we will be having a look at today. The ATX version of the Taichi is the most affordable AMD X399 motherboard available at the time of this review, retailing for. Although the retail price of the ASRock X399 Taichi is nearly $100 lower than the second least expensive X399 motherboard we reviewed to this date, the specifications of the motherboard remain impressive.
We are having a closer look at the motherboard and identify how ASRock managed to achieve this low price and what the X399 Taichi is missing compared to the competition.
Best Motherboards for i7 5930k – BUYER’S GUIDE
When buying a motherboard, you should look at the amount of SATA ports it has. This allows you to connect to an optical and storage drive, which is important if you have many. You may also need to consider whether you require peripheral connections such as the USB 3.0 ports.
A PCI slot is a port that is inside the motherboard. These slots allow expansion cards to be connected to them, and you need to decide how many you need based on your liking. If you are a gamer, you will need at least 16 PCI Express slots.
If you are buying a motherboard that already has many features embedded in it, then you don’t need to pay extra for additional expansion cards. But if you require more features that the motherboard doesn’t offer already, you need to consider spending more for the one with additional features such as bundling of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth services.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to Know Before Buying a Motherboard?
A motherboard is like the base of the computer system. Every component from the processor and the display to the storage and peripheral devices is connected to the motherboard. It acts as the connecting point which allows various components to interact with one another and integrate as one to run the system.
But when buying a mother, you need to understand that all motherboards are not the same. Each motherboard comes with its own set of features. Yes, the features might be the same but their functions or their compatibility with the other components might vary from one another. Therefore, before you go ahead and purchase a motherboard, here are the most important elements that you need to know about.
Best Motherboards for i7 5930k – Motherboards are the most crucial components of any computer. This piece of equipment is called the “heart of the computer” because it technically is the core that binds the entire computer together.