Best Motherboards for Ryzen 5 1500x – There are a lot of great motherboards for Ryzen 5 1500X present in the market, but the best one, in our opinion, is the ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming. It has great performance with good audio support. There is support for fast memory alongside lots of ports for awesome connectivity. If you have Ryzen 5 1600 processor then here is the list of best motherboard for Ryzen 5 1600.
All of the boards on our list will give you some of the best experiences that you will find in the market today. We hope that our guide will help you in choosing the best motherboard for your Ryzen 5 1500X.
1.ASRock B450M PRO4 AM4
Pros & Cons
- Socket AM4 Digi Power design 9 Power Phase design Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge) Supports 95W Water Cooling (Summit Ridge) Supports 65W Water Cooling (Raven Ridge)
- Country of origin : China
- Memory 4x DDR4-3200+(OC)/2933/2667/2400/2133 DIMM Slots Dual Channel ECC Non-ECC Unbuffered Max Capacity of 64GB (AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Pinnacle Ridge))
- Slots 2x PCI-Express 3 0 x16 Slots (one runs at x8) 2x PCI-Express 2 0 x16 Slots (two run at x4) 1x PCI-Express 2 0 x1 Slot
The Asrock B450M Pro4 comes in at just $70 and while it might only pack a 3+3 phase VRM, both the Vcore and SoC portions of the VRM feature passive cooling, something no other MicroATX B450 board offers. Cooling on the SoC VRM is important, particularly if you plan on using a Raven Ridge APU, and crucially if you plan to overclock the integrated Vega GPU.
Back at the end of July, following on from the X470 chipset, AMD launched their B450 motherboard lineup, offering a more budget-friendly entry point to the AMD Ryzen processors. ASRock were quick off the mark, releasing several new motherboards to cater for different criteria; today we look at the AS Rock B450M Pro4 motherboard.
The B450 chipset is designed to offer a better bang-for-your-buck ratio than the X470 by cutting some non-essential features while still providing a solid base for your Ryzen 2nd Gen CPU.
2.GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2
Pros & Cons
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 1st Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ 1st Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Feature Digital VRM Solution with Low RDS(on) MOSFETs
- HDMI, DVI-D Ports for Multiple Display
- Ultra-Fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe & SATA mode support
- High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
- GIGABYTE Exclusive 8118 Gaming LAN with Bandwidth Management
- RGB Fusion supports RGB LED Strips in 7-Colors
- Smart Fan 5 Features 5 Temperature Sensors and 2 Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
The Gigabyte B450M DS3h v2 is Amazon’s Choice for “B450 Motherboard.” Is this board worthy of this title?
I have owned 2 Gigabyte B450M DS3H motherboards and have had time to get familiar with them. Note, I have own only the V1 version, not the V2. Below are my experiences with the board and my thoughts.
For the looks, this board looks… fine. It is certainly not exciting, but it isn’t bad by any means. It has some amber leds on the bottom left of the motherboard, much like some Asus Prime boards.
GIGABYTE AM4 motherboards are ready to support the latest AMD Ryzen 3000 Processors and are backwards compatible with AMD Ryzen 2000 and 1000 Processors.
3.ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
Pros & Cons
- AMD AM4 Socket: Compatible to Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 8+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Extended VRM and PCH heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, multiple hybrid fan headers and fan speed management with Fan Xpert utility
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.0b(4K@60HZ) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD), 2x PCIe 3.0x16 Slot, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C ports
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Canceling Microphone Technology: High fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the action. Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology.
- Unmatched Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting with Armoury Crate utility, including 2xRGB headers and a Gen 2 addressable RGB header for greater customization
- DIY Friendly: With BIOS Flashback and ASUS exclusive UEFI BIOS, 256Mb BIOS Flash ROM and Pre-mount I/O shroud
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
The Strix B450-F Gaming is classed as a mid-range board and is part of the Republic of Gamers lineup, which places an emphasis on gaming and related premium features. The board supports both Crossfire and SLI multi-GPU configurations, has a 6+2 phase VRM and uses the SupremeFX S1220A audio (an Asus-tweaked Realtek codec) while supporting the full range of Ryzen processors, up to the flagship mainstream processor in the Ryzen 7 2700X.
Asus places the B450-F Gaming as a middle of the road gaming motherboard from its ROG lineup. Support for both AMD- and NVIDIA-based multi-GPU builds, it’s a solid mid-range board, with some premium aesthetics, which we’ll delve into below.
4.ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
Pros & Cons
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 12plus2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3plus design keep your system running reliably under heavy load by enhancing passive cooling capacity for critical onboard components.
- High-performance Gaming Networking: 2. 5 Gb LAN with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2. 1(4Kat60HZ) and DisplayPort 1. 2 output, featuring dual M. 2 slots (NVMe SSD)—one with PCIe 4. 0 x4 connectivity, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-C port and Thunderbolt 3 header
In between are several options that include boards from the ROG Strix, TUF, and Prime lineups. Within this lineup are ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX size boards, all designed to support the latest AMD Ryzen processors.
Sitting second from the top of Asus’ B550 motherboards, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi includes 14-phase power delivery, 2.5 GbE LAN, integrated Wi-Fi 6 AX200, two M.2 slots (each with a heatsink), six SATA ports and premium audio, among other features.
In our testing, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi performed well, matching the other boards we’ve tested so far. We didn’t come across anything out of the ordinary during our stock runs.
5.ASUS ROG Strix X370-F
Pros & Cons
- Powered by AMD Ryzen AM4, 7th generation Athlon and HD 2000 series processors to maximize connectivity and speed with NVMe M.2, front-panel USB 3.1 and Gigabit LAN
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and Fan Xpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting, two additional RGB headers and a 3D-printing friendly design
- Dual Patent-pending SafeSlot features an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio driven by Japanese capacitors features an onboard LED-illuminated design
- Gaming durability: ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum durability
- Audio: Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback
Performance and style has been wrapped up and consolidated with the STRIX branding, which is now falling under the ROG umbrella. As expected, we get a visual feast of bold styling, with neutral toned chipset coolers, along with vibrant RGB LED lighting powered by the ASUS Aura software. Being based on the X370 chipset, the ROG STRIX X370-F Gaming supports both CrossfireX and SLI, and so it features two reinforced ‘SafeSlots’ to firmly hold your beefy graphics cards in place. There is support for 3200MHz dual channel DDR4 memory, and a NVMe M.2 slot for high-speed storage.
Gamers will be happy to know that ASUS have used a low latency Intel I211-AT LAN chipset, which is supported by the GameFirst software, along with the LANGuard technology to protect the motherboard against any power surges. As an additional treat, ASUS have given gamers an exceptional onboard audio solution with their SupremeFX technology and the exclusive S1220A audio codec supported by the RC4580 and OPA1688 op-amps.
The B350-Plus from ASUS is a really reliable motherboard that is able to provide a great gaming experience. Overclocking is not directly available on the B350 platform, but the Ryzen 5 1500X can be overclocked using the BIOS. The board contains an M.2 slot that can be used to put in an NVMe drive for maximum storage speeds. The maximum memory limit is up to 64 GB, which is more than enough for most users.
If you are after maximizing your gaming performance, then this motherboard can be a good choice as it is able to support two AMD GPUs in Crossfire. The maximum memory speed is up to 3200 MHz, which is enough for gaming and light productivity.