Best Motherboards for Ryzen 5 3600 – We are considering that you are going to buy the Ryzen 5 3600 or already own one. You might be a user that prefers stability, performance, and budget-friendly products. Considering these things in mind, we included future compatible and each best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600, like the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula, and the ultimate budget options like the ASRock B450 Pro4.
We wanted our readers to get a depth analysis of each motherboard to make the best decision for themselves. Ryzen 5 3600 has enough power to support the latest gaming titles and maintain the support for a couple of more years. Considering the fact if you are an RTX 3000 series owner, we recommend you go for the x570 chipset as it is future compatible and has all the connectivity support for the latest tech.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.Micro Center AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- The 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen 3600 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler and ASUS TUF GAMING B450-PLUS II Motherboard bundle combo, experience elite performance in games, design, record, content creation and instense multi-tasking. Pack in a bundle, compatibility guarantee, purchase with confidence
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU Processor. 6 cores, 12 threads, 65W TDP, 4 2 GHz max boost unlocked for overclocking 35 MB of game cache DDR4 3200 support, with the high-performance AMD Wraith Stealth cooler included, cool, quiet, low-profile, can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
As we noted in our AMD Ryzen 5 3600 review, this 6-core, 12-thread CPU is a fantastic 65W chip, and it’ll especially appeal to those working with a small form factor system, due to the power you get for its small thermal envelope. With a clock speed and boost of 3.6 GHz and 4.2 GHz, respectively, we also praised the chip’s ability to compete with more expensive counterparts, thanks to its simple one-click overclocking.
The Ryzen 5 3600 is a 6-core, 12-thread CPU that offers easy one-click overclocking that lets it keep up with competitors for a fraction of the price.
Earlier this week, we brought you a rather hot deal on the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor, which was available for just $165 after a discount code and free shipping at Newegg. Today, Newegg is offering a new combo deal that pairs the processor with a mainstream ASUS X570-based motherboard.back to menu ↑
2.MSI Arsenal Gaming
- Remember to check for BIOS update prior to using!
Today we are taking a look at our first MSI Arsenal motherboard. The Tomahawk series is a more affordable series of motherboards designed to facilitate high-end platform features at a very reasonable price. In this case the motherboard also looks pretty good too. Without further hesitation let’s take a look at the MSI B450 Tomahawk.
MSI put in a whopping six fan headers. All of the headers are hybrid PWM/DC mode headers. However, the two headers circled in red run in PWM by default while the ones circled in blue are in PWM mode by default. The motherboard’s aesthetics are easy to handle, and the oversized VRM heat sink looks pretty good.
The back of the motherboard is bare of a lot of hardware and there are indicators where to remove standoffs if your motherboard already has them installed.back to menu ↑
3.MSI Performance Gaming
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
A great foundation for your new powerhouse, the MSI X470 GAMING PLUS motherboard combines ultimate performance and unmatched quality with stylish design design that catches eyes with aggressive black and red color schemes. It supports up to three-way CrossFire configuration, features 32Gbps NVMe M.2 slot and 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen2 ports, and is built with premium components for the best protection, efficiency and durability.
Based on AMD X470 chipset, this motherboard works flawlessly with AMD RYZEN Series (1st and 2nd Generation) processors and A-series / Athlon Processors in AM4 packaging. It has onboard LED for eye-catching lighting, and has the ability to connect and control various LED lighting solutions, giving you endless options to create a gaming rig of your own.back to menu ↑
4.GIGABYTE B450 AORUS
- Supports AMD 1st & 2nd Generation Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
Enter the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WIFI. Gigabyte has traditionally kept its Aorus brand relegated to premium offerings, but for B450 they couldn’t resist unleashing the falcon that we have appreciate from previous reviews. Bringing a well-respected brand to a lower tier might appear to be a marketing gimmick, but it turns out this board is on-par with similar offerings from X470. From an aesthetics perspective, the B450 Aorus Pro WIFI looks shockingly similar to the X470 Aorus 5, with the omission of LED lit DIMM and PCIe slots.
Comparing the B450 board against the X470 Aorus Ultra, the inclusion of Wi-Fi in the B450 Pro might be enough for some to negate the X470’s improved connectivity elsewhere.back to menu ↑
5.ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
- Cutting edge gaming motherboard: with AMD AM4 socket, it is a perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Faster memory: 4 memory slots support dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB, with ASUS OptiMem enabling higher memory frequencies and lower latencies
Sitting second from the top of Asus’ B550 motherboards, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi includes 14-phase power delivery, 2.5 GbE LAN, integrated Wi-Fi 6 AX200, two M.2 slots (each with a heatsink), six SATA ports and premium audio, among other features.
In our testing, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi performed well, matching the other boards we’ve tested so far. We didn’t come across anything out of the ordinary during our stock runs. With optimized defaults set, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi had no issues boosting to the factory 4.6 GHz clock speed.
Overclocking the 12 core 24 thread Ryzen 9 3900X also went without an issue. Our sample was able to push all cores and threads on the CPU to 4.3 GHz, while running our 4×8 GB RAM KIT at DDR4 3600 with Infinity Fabric 1:1 to the memory speed.
Best Budget Motherboards for Ryzen 5 3600
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 8+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
OUR TAKEback to menu ↑
Best Motherboards for Ryzen 5 3600 – Ryzen 5 3600 is amongst the topmost bought processor on Amazon. There is a big reason for that, as many people have extensively tested the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with modern AAA titles and competitive game conditions. Ryzen 5 3600 has always stood its ground and didn’t bottleneck the GPU during games under stressed conditions. Even though it does not have an “X” written at the end of its name, the performance is almost identical to Ryzen 5 3600X. To cut short, it’s the best buy for the price. It can deliver 60+fps at 1440p resolution and still avoid bottlenecking the GPU. However, a mobo could potentially bottleneck your performance. For high-tier performance, you will need the best motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600.