Best Motherboards for Ryzen 7 3800x – We made sure that all of the motherboard we recommended for the Ryzen 7 3800x are, at its worst, good enough. This also means that they’re the best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3800x at something. Some are the best in terms of performances, others are best in terms of value, while one is just the best at being so budget-friendly.
With that said, finding the best motherboard for AMD Ryzen 7 3800x should be a whole lot easier for you now.
Just make sure that you pair the Ryzen 7 3800x with a high-speed DDR4 RAM. Preferably, you’ll want the memory sticks to be in a dual-channel configuration. This way, you can get the most performance out of the Ryzen 7 3800x without even overclocking it.
1.GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Master
Pros & Cons
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 16 Phases Digital VRM Solution with 70A Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Fins-Array Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe and Thermal Baseplate
- Ultra Durable PCIe 4. 0 Ready x16 Slot.Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4. 0/3. 0 x4 M. 2 with Thermal Guards.Onboard Intel WiFi 6 802. 11ax 2T2R & BT5 with AORUS Antenna.AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB and WIMA Capacitors for Rear 120dB SNR.Blazing Fast 2. 5GbE LAN with Bandwidth Management.USB 3. 2 Gen2 Type-C & HDMI Support. Operating System Support for Windows 10 64-bit
Gigabyte’s B550 product stack consists of seven motherboards in varying form factors (ATX and Mini-ITX) and prices. The B550 Aorus Master is the flagship SKU, followed by six other boards. For the board we’re looking at here, down to ] MSRP for the Micro-ATX B550M DS3H.
While a price approaching doesn’t seem like mid-range, aside from this board and the B550 Vision D, prices are at least below . Though prices have increased over B450 due in part to the addition of PCIe 4.0, similar to how X570 came in higher than X470, there are still several boards at reasonable price points.
But at the top of Gigabyte’s B550 stack the Aorus Master offers a slew of features including 2.5 GbE LAN, a premium audio codec, 16-phase power delivery, Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and three M.2 slots, each with their own heatsinks. Gone is the fancy connected chipset/M.2 heatsink (which actually complicated the install process), replaced by something more cost-effective yet still functional.
2.GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master
Pros & Cons
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual channel ECC/ non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 14 phases Infineon digital VRM solution with 50A power stage
- Advanced thermal design - Fins-array heatsink & direct touch heat pipe
- Triple ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with triple thermal guards
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11Ax & BT 5 with AORUS antenna
- Alc1220-vb & ESS Sabre 9218 DAC, 130dB rear
- Realtek 2.5GbE plus Intel Gigabit LAN
- USB turbocharger for mobile device fast charge support
The price of AMD’s X570-chipset motherboards may be off-putting to buyers accustomed to AMD’s low-cost story, and the lower cost of previous-generation X470 boards that, a lack of PCIe 4.0 support aside, are still viable options for AMD’s new Ryzen 3000 processors.
It’s not that Gigabyte added any USB controllers to get those four I/O-panel ports, but that it added the resources to wire them out in a way that at least one competitor didn’t. Nor did the firm figure out how to magically cool the X570 PCH without a fast fan, but it instead chose a default RPM-to-temperature profile that kept the thing nearly silent throughout our review.
3.ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
Pros & Cons
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 headers
- Comprehensive cooling: active PCH heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm Heatpipe, Dual on-board M. 2 heatsinks and a water pump plus Header
- Gaming connectivity: supports PCIe 4. 0, HDMI 2. 0, DisplayPort 1. 2 and features dual M. 2 and USB 3. 2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2. 5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet With ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO, and Gateway teaming via GameFirst V
One of the models launched back when X570 was announced is the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, so even though it has been out a while, it has been a popular option and we wanted to test it. Representing the ROG Strix series that caters to the mid-range, it focuses on blending modern aesthetics with RGB, premium controller sets and features.
The X570-E follows a similar design to the vast majority of its Strix branded models, with futuristic graffiti across the heatsinks, with RGB LEDs integrated into the rear panel cover and chipset heatsinks.
Ever since AMD launched its X570 chipset back in the summer of 2019, it still remains as its premier flagship for performance. Originally launched alongside the Ryzen 3000 series processors, AMD has since unveiled its latest Zen 3 based Ryzen 5000 series, and we observed up to 5 GHz frequencies when we tested our processors.
4.ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII
Pros & Cons
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors
- Comprehensive thermal design: Passive chipset heatsink, M.2 aluminum heatsinks and ROG Water Cooling Zone.
- Robust power delivery: Designed power solution 14+2 TI power stages rated for 90A, ProCool II power connectors, microfine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- High-performance connectivity: On-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO support, 2.5 Gbps Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, BIOS flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
The OG Crosshair VIII Formula leads the pack, followed by the Hero and WS, with the Strix, Prime and TUF lines mixed in on the way down the product stack. With a total of 10 motherboards in its lineup, Asus has enough options to suit most builds.
The Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi’s price point lands it in the upper mid-range of all X570 boards. The overall experience with the board was positive, as stock testing completed without a hitch and performance was as expected, with results right around the other boards.
As with other boards on this platform, the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero supports both Ryzen 2000 and Ryzen 3000 series processors. It includes eight SATA ports and four DIMM slots, the latter capable of supporting up to 128GB of DDR4 RAM
5.ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
Pros & Cons
- Cutting edge gaming motherboard: with AMD AM4 socket, it is a perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Faster memory: 4 memory slots support dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB, with ASUS OptiMem enabling higher memory frequencies and lower latencies
- Blazing data transmission speeds: Two M.2 slots, including the latest PCIe 4.0, provide maximum storage flexibility and the fastest data speeds available via the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen platform
- High-performance gaming networking: Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 2.5 Gb Ethernet for exceptionally fast and smooth online gaming experiences
- Optimized thermal solution: Customizable fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3+ design keep your system running reliably
Sitting second from the top of Asus’ B550 motherboards, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi includes 14-phase power delivery, 2.5 GbE LAN, integrated Wi-Fi 6 AX200, two M.2 slots (each with a heatsink), six SATA ports and premium audio, among other features.
In our testing, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi performed well, matching the other boards we’ve tested so far. We didn’t come across anything out of the ordinary during our stock runs. With optimized defaults set, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi had no issues boosting to the factory 4.6 GHz clock speed. Overclocking the 12 core 24 thread Ryzen 9 3900X also went without an issue.
Getting the best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3800x is one of the best decisions you can make for your new system build.
To help you make the right choice, we’ve rounded up a list of recommendations.
Below, you’ll find 5 of the best motherboards for the Ryzen 7 3800x processor. Also, we made sure to consider a variety of preferences. This means that you’ll find a recommendation for people of different budgets and tastes.