Best Motherboards for Skylake – The Skylake motherboards are a one-stop solution for the lagged and inefficient systems. Thus, grab the best deal today itself and replace the old motherboards and experience a superior performance! To know the top 10 best Skylake motherboards
Now that we’ve taken you through these aspects that you need to consider, hopefully you feel ready to pick the motherboard that will work best for you. We’ve seen that there are a lot of options out there, in different sizes with different features.
It’s important that you think about what your main purpose will be with your PC, and what extensions you will be looking to add. We’ve taken you through our favourite motherboards for Skylake, now you need to decide which one is the best option for you.
1.GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel optane memory ready
- 12+1 Phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
- Advanced thermal design with direct touch heat pipe
- Onboard Intel CNVi 802.11AC 2x2 wave 2 Wi-Fi
- Alc1220 vb enhance 114db(rear)/ 110db(front) SNR in microphone with WIMA audio capacitors
- Intel Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
- RGB Fusion with multi zone LED light show design, supports addressable LED & RGB LED strips
On Intel’s desktop Z390 chipset, there are around 7 different ATX sized motherboards to choose from in the price bracket. This not only puts pressure on manufacturers to deliver a high blend of premium features for a better price than the competition and use unique visuals like a peacock’s plume to entice users.
GIGABYTE’s Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI is one with its price tag. The Aorus brand is aimed squarely at gamers and the Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI looks to stake GIGABYTEs claim in a highly contested segment with a premium feature set at an affordable price.
- LGA1151, Supports 6th Generation Intel Core Processors
- Memory socket: 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets
- Expansion Slots: 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot, 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x8 Slot, 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Slot, 4x PCI-Express 3.0 x1 Slots
- Support for 2-Way NVIDIA SLI technology, 3-Way AMD Crossfire
- 3 x SATA Express connector, 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- NOTE: Check User Manual on Technical Specification before use
A closer look at the I/O panel reveals that the legacy PS/2 port and two USB ports have traded position compared to the Z390 Gaming SLI, and that those two ports have magically transformed from USB 3.0 (aka 3.1 Gen1) to USB 2.0. One of the Gaming SLI’s Gen2 ports is also knocked down to Gen1, leaving only one 10Gb/s connection.
We’re keen on the retention of two USB 2.0 ports to connect our keyboard and mouse without eating into the chipset’s HSIO resources, but limiting next-generation USB to just a single port is a bit too limiting for our comfort.
- Designed exclusively for 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with integrated dual M.2 slots with Intel Optane Memory compatibility and USB 3.1 Gen2
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability
- FanXpert 2+ delivers advanced fan control for dynamic cooling
- ASUS OptiMem improves memory stability and performance by improving trace isolation between PCB layers to maintain signal integrity even at higher frequencies
- On-board 8-Channel HD Audio provides warm, immersive crystal-clear surround sound
Mark today in the Intel history calendar, if you are keeping one, because Skylake, Z170 and mainstream DDR4 are here. We’ve been keeping tight-lipped about this for a few weeks and we can finally show off what we have been working on.
You already know almost all of the details regarding the Skylake processors being launched today; the i5-6600K and i7-6700K, but what about Z170? Well, we know it supports DDR4 and features the new 1151 socket, but something that really shines through for this chipset is the absolutely huge connectivity incorporated. Motherboard manufacturers now have up to 20 PCIe 3.0 lanes and up to 10 USB 3.0 ports to play with.
4.ASUS PRIME H270M-PLUS
- Maximize your connectivity and speed with integrated Dual M.2 slots with Intel Optane Memory compatibility, front panel USB 3.0 and a rear USB 3.1 Type C connection
- 5X Protection III Hardware level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability
- FanXpert 4 Core delivers advanced fan control for dynamic cooling; Industry leading DDR4 memory compatibility for best flexibility and reassurance
- Dual Patent pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe slot prevents damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- On board 3D printing mounts for creating unique designs on your customized build
5.ASUS Micro ATX DDR4 LGA
- 5X Protection II - Advanced hardware safeguards for all-round protection
- DDR4 memory compatibility
- Fan Xpert advanced fan controls for balanced cooling and silent performance
- Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS with EZ Flash 3
- Integrated HDMI & VGA ports for dual monitor environments
6.MSI Intel Skylake B150
- Socket LGA 1151 for Intel 6th Generation Core/Pentium/Celeron processors
- Intel B150 chipset
- 6 USB3.1 Gen1 (aka USB 3.0) and 6 USB2.0
- 2 PCI-E 3.0 x16, 3 PCI-E x1 and 2 PCI
- CrossFire ready
- DDR4 Boost
- Military Class 4 Components
Hence today, we will take a look at MSI’s offering in this segment. Equipped with the much cheaper Intel B150 chipset, this gaming motherboard looks like a good answer for those wanting a good motherboard without having to break the bank.
The msi b150m night elf review motherboard comes in a rather swanky red box, featuring what else, but an elf on the front of it. The box, as with many motherboard boxes nowadays is two tiered, with the motherboard in an anti-static shield on top. On the bottom, all the other extra peripherals can be found, including a few SATA cables, manuals as well as driver DVDs. No frills here.
7.MSI Z390-A PRO
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel ddr4 memory, up to 4400(oc) MHz
- Turbo M.2: PCI-E gen3 x4 interfACe maximizes performance for NVME SSDS
- Core boost, 8+4 pin CPU power connector, ddr4 boost
- Built for reliable operation
- Operating system - Support for windows 10 64-bit
- Intel turbo USB 3.1 gen2: powered by intel USB 3.1 gen2 controller, turbo USB ensures an uninterrupted connection with more stability and fastest USB speeds
- Multi-gpu: With steel armor pci-e slots. Supports 2-way amd crossfire
- Extended heatsink design: msi extended pwm and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
The main difference between the MSI Z390-A PRO and the rest of MSI’s Z390 product stack is that this board isn’t specifically targeted towards gamers. The aesthetics are simple with a coffee colored PCB which does include silver patterning across it; primarily around the edges of the board and around the silver and black heatsinks.
The main selling point of the MSI Z390-A PRO is in its value with a good selection of controllers including an Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet controller and a Realtek ALC892 HD audio codec handling the onboard audio.
- Supports 9th / 8th Gen Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket, Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 2666 MHz
- MYSTIC LIGHT and Sync: Personalize your PC with 16.8 million colors / 10 effects controlled in one click with the Mystic Light APP or a mobile device
- Lightning Fast Game experience: TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready. Intel Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2
- AUDIO BOOST with NAHIMIC: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience, VR Ready: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness
- In-Game Weapons: GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, Voice Boost
If you are running a single graphics card and don’t need an abundance of USB ports one of these boards might be perfect for you and the money you save can be used towards a better graphics card or NVMe solid state drive.
Today we are checking out the very small MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC motherboard, which is a mini-ITX board. Is this board perfect for your next small form factor build? Read on as we find out!
9.GIGABYTE B365 HD3
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4
- New hybrid Digital PWM Design
- M.2 Socket 1 slot for Wi-Fi upgradable
- High quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
Get ready for those intense gaming marathons with Gigabyte B365 HD3 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard. Designed for 8th- and 9th-generation Intel Core processors with the LGA 1151 socket, this motherboard features the B365 chipset to power gaming, content creation, entertainment, and other intense computing tasks.
10.Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII
- LGA 1151 Socket for 6th Generation Intel core Desktop Processor
- SupremeFX 2015
- USB 3.1 Type A & C Onboard
- Sonic Sense Amp, Lighting Control
- NOTE: Update the motherboard to latest firmware/ BIOS to version “3401” for best result
The “ROG” or Republic Of Gamers sector of ASUS takes pride the most in doing exactly that. Supply and demand of innovative ideas for enthusiasts to create some of the best looking and best performing rigs about. For the astute gamers, you sure as hell better have a window in your case for some of their products. The Maximus VIII Hero is one of ASUS’s top of the line gaming motherboards running off the Z170 chipset.
It makes for perfect pairing with Intel’s recent high-end Skylake CPUs and comes with an extensive array of features to make sure you are getting the most out of your system. It is built for overclockers, enthusiasts and gamers looking for a good looking, powerhouse build. As with any new Skylake build, it is crucial that you have a motherboard that fully embraces the advancements made on the previous generation
Best Motherboards for Skylake – BUYER’S GUIDE
The best budget Skylake motherboards have a DDR3 or DDR4 RAM technology, which is super amazing build quality, heat dissipation feature, and many more, which are an essential requirement in the latest devices.
The maximum RAM storage size in these top Skylake motherboards is approximately 256 Gb or even more. This amount of memory is efficient for maximum efficiency with zero lag, even during heavy-duty tasks.
Since a good graphics card is an absolute necessity for the high-end gamers out there, the best brands of these good Skylake motherboards like Asus and others have a PCI-E graphics card that provides a smooth and lag-free experience with optimum output.
The processor speed in this Skylake motherboard ddr3 or ddr4 has a great processor speed of at least 4.3GHz or more, which provides a quick overall response or working of the entire system, unlike those slow systems.
The Skylake motherboards have two or more wifi connector antenna ports as well. Most of the good Skylake motherboards with wifi have a LAN connectivity of Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet Controller, which provides high-speed connectivity of at least 40Gb/s or even more without any network interference that might creep into the system.
Gone are the days of those bulky motherboards. Skylake motherboards like MSI, mini ITX, micro ATX, and many more weigh just a kg, or even lesser, which is super lightweight and does not make the CPU much heavy or bulky, unlike the regular ones.
There are more than 2 USB ports available with these intel Skylake motherboards. These also have Dual M.2 slots, three or more PCIe x16 slots, and three or more SATA Express slots, which provides greater connectivity feasibility to numerous external devices like pen drives or hard drives and others at a single go.
The best bands of the fastest Skylake motherboards have a power connector of 1x 24pin ATX Main Power Connector, which is super-efficient in providing seamless usage without any hassle in the power consumption of the motherboard.
Various chipsets for various Skylake motherboards, like the Intel H110, are for micro ATX Skylake motherboards and others. The chipsets have a variable set of specifications, which are chosen as per the user’s requirements.
These Skylake motherboards ddr4 mostly work on Lithium Metal batteries, which are one of the most durable and long-lasting options out of the others.
The audio processor of the usual motherboards isn’t the best one. Thus, the best Skylake motherboards have a Creative Sound Core with a 3D Quad-Core Audio Processor or 7.1 CH HD audio powered by the Realtek ALC 1150 codec with an Audio Boost 3 along with Nahimic Audio Enhancer, which provides great control of the overall sound ports of the system.
There are many ram slots available within these Skylake motherboards ranging from two to five, expanding the RAM whenever required.
Game Boost Dial
The Skylake motherboards also have specific game boost dials, one of the most significant features of these good Skylake motherboards. It automatically overclocks the system at least to eight stages whenever required. One might also opt for manual overclocking, which is available in the BIOS supported Skylake motherboards.
Heating motherboards are everyday problems. Thus, these Skylake motherboards have Steel Armor PCIe slots to better protect and cool the motherboard during high-intensity usage for such scenarios. This also increases the longevity and optimizes the system in the long run.
Voltage Regulator Module
Many best budget Skylake motherboards also have specific voltage regulator modules to regulate the additional power drawn and keep them in check. These are excellent to optimize the system now and then automatically or manually, which was not present in the regular motherboards.
The Skylake motherboards also have onboard reset and power buttons for situations when the overclock suddenly stops working. One can easily use that in one click and reset the system conveniently without much hassle or external help.
LED Post Display
The LED post displays are great if one is a beginner to the troubleshooting issues since these will provide suitable codes for the user’s convenience in such situations.
One might consider these Skylake motherboards extensively expensive due to such competitive features. The best Skylake motherboards for gaming cost just $300 to $1000, which is super affordable and worthwhile.
In case one has issues with the speed of the system or anything in general with these Skylake motherboards, approach the brand and claim the warranty. Most motherboards brands provide at least one year to six-year warranty period for their customers’ assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Motherboard is Right for You?
While your motherboard isn’t going to have any kind of direct impact on your in-game experience, it will play a large role in determining what components you can put into your build. The cheaper the motherboard you choose, the more limited you will be.
However, if you are working with a tight budget, you can definitely choose a less-expensive motherboard. And, if all you are planning on doing is building a single video card setup then you don’t necessarily have to spend hundreds of dollars on an extreme motherboard.
Ultimately, though, your motherboard is an important part of your computer and you should definitely take the time to choose one that will serve your needs and even will give you upgrade options in the future.
Best Motherboards for Skylake – This means that if you’re looking to build a PC, or if you want to upgrade your current one, the motherboard is an essential part for achieving the optimum computer. And if you’re taking a look at this article, then you’re probably looking for one that is compatible with Intel’s Skylake.