Best Motherboards for Threadripper – After evaluating and analyzing in detail more than 2,835 customer satisfaction about Best Motherboard For Threadripper, we have come up with the top 10 products you may be interested in Best Motherboard For Threadripper. We have ranked the best brands from Artificial Intelligent and Big Data, as you see below:
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual channel ECC/ non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 14 phases Infineon digital VRM solution with 50A power stage
- Advanced thermal design - Fins-array heatsink & direct touch heat pipe
- Triple ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with triple thermal guards
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11Ax & BT 5 with AORUS antenna
- Alc1220-vb & ESS Sabre 9218 DAC, 130dB rear
- Realtek 2.5GbE + Intel Gigabit LAN
- USB turbocharger for mobile device fast charge support
It’s not that Gigabyte added any USB controllers to get those four I/O-panel ports, but that it added the resources to wire them out in a way that at least one competitor didn’t. Nor did the firm figure out how to magically cool the X570 PCH without a fast fan, but it instead chose a default RPM-to-temperature profile that kept the thing nearly silent throughout our review.
And it’s not as though Gigabyte added any expensive PCIe 4.0 bridges, since two of those three x16 slots are CPU based and share sixteen pathways, while the third has only four lanes from the PCH. It’s just that, as with the I/O panel USB configuration, the company put in a little extra effort and / or expense to make the features baked into AMD’s chipset more-accessible.back to menu ↑
2.GIGABYTE B550 AORUS
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 16 Phases Digital VRM Solution with 70A Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Fins-Array Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe and Thermal Baseplate
- Ultra Durable PCIe 4. 0 Ready x16 Slot.Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4. 0/3. 0 x4 M. 2 with Thermal Guards.Onboard Intel WiFi 6 802. 11ax 2T2R & BT5 with AORUS Antenna.AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB and WIMA Capacitors for Rear 120dB SNR.Blazing Fast 2. 5GbE LAN with Bandwidth Management.USB 3. 2 Gen2 Type-C & HDMI Support. Operating System Support for Windows 10 64-bit
AMD’s B550 chipset has been anticipated by many as a ‘more affordable’ AM4 platform to build a Ryzen-based around, and it is finally here. Initially announced a couple of weeks ago, our AMD B550 Motherboards article covered a few of the changes between B450, B550 and X570, along with listing SKUs from each board partner and several high-level specifications.
Gigabyte’s B550 product stack consists of seven motherboards in varying form factors (ATX and Mini-ITX) and prices. The B550 Aorus Master is the flagship SKU, followed by six other boards
In our tests, performance of the B550 Aorus Master matched the other B550 boards we tested around the platform’s launch.back to menu ↑
- This 100% digital controller, new Tantalum Polymer Capacitors Array, and additional 8+8 Solid-pin CPU Power Connectors offer incredible precision and stability in delivering power to the motherboard's most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components, allowing enthusiasts to get the absolute maximum overclocking performance from the new 10-core 10th Gen. Intel Core processors.
- 14 Phases Digital VRM with 90A Smart Power Stage
- Next Generations VRM Cooling Fins Array and Direct Touch Heatpipe with Nanocarbon coating
- NanoCarbon Baseplate
- Shielded Xtreme Memory Design with Tantalum Polymer Capacitors Array
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel 2.5 GbE LAN
- 3x M.2 AORUS Next Generation Thermal Guard
- Intel WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5 2x2 with AORUS Antennas
- AMP UP Audio ALC1220-VB2 with ESS Sabre ES9118 Rear Audio DAC
- Memory Storage Capacity: 10000 Tb
In our first of four upper-midrange Z490 motherboard review, we take a close look at the Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master to see what sets it apart from the competition around this price point.
The Master performed as expected, hanging with the other boards we have benchmarked to this point. Like most other boards, the Master took a few liberties with Intel’s specification for our Core i9-10900K processor, running boost frequencies with higher limits.
The CPU ran at 4.9 GHz in most of the tests, hitting the 5.3 GHz Thermal Velocity Boost (TVB) for a single thread when it fits within the parameters. Manual overclocking went on without a hitch, reaching a thermally limited 5.2 GHz with the VRM handling our stress test without issue (and without fans).back to menu ↑
4.ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme
- 1. Ready for AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper Processors: PCIe 4. 0 ready, 4733Mhz memory OC performance, with up to five M. 2 drives and USB3. 2 Gen2x2 support
- 2. Robust power delivery: Optimized power solution with 16 Infineon TDA21490 teamed up power stages, ProCool II power connectors, microfine alloy chokes and 10K capacitors
- 3. Comprehensive thermal design: Active-cooling VRM heatsink, PCIe-zone M. 2 aluminum heatsink, backplate, Fan Extension Card II and water-cooling zone
- 4. High-performance networking: Onboard Aquantia 10 Gbps Ethernet, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) with MU-MIMO support, and GameFirst V technology
- 5. Unmatched personalization: Color OLED display and ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including two additional RGB headers and two addressable headers
- 6. Industry-leading ROG audio: SupremeFX S1220 and ESS SABRE9018Q2C for enthusiast-grade audio performance, featuring Japanese capacitors
- 7. DIY-friendly design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, BIOS FlashBack and FlexKey
The Zenith II Extreme is without a doubt one of the heaviest boards I’ve ever worked with. The E-ATX motherboard’s massive weight is hinted at by the large heatsinks over the chipset, M.2 slots, and power circuitry. But that’s just half the picture, as the back of the board is almost entirely covered by a large heatsink as well.
At first I was actually a bit concerned about the board breaking under its own weight until I saw the heatsink on the back, which is really what keeps this behemoth from cracking under the pressure.
The board features 16 power stages that are connected via a heatpipe and actively cooled by a pair of small fans. The motherboard’s chipset is also fan-cooled. Taken together, the board’s integrated components should be well cooled, which will make overclocking easier.back to menu ↑
5.MSI TRX40 PRO
- Core boost with premium layout and fully digital power design to support more Cores and provides better performance
- Frozr heatsink designed with the patented fan and double ball bearings to provide best performance for enthusiast games and prosumers
- Lightning USB 20G ASM3242 USB 3 2 Gen2x2 controller offers the fastest USB speeds with stability
- Lightning Gen4 the latest Gen4 PCI-E and M 2 solution with up to 64GB/s bandwidth for minimum transfer speed.Operating System : Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- Dual LAN Dual premium network solution for both Intranet and internet Offering a smooth gaming experience for effective network connection
AMD unleashed their 3rd generation of Threadripper processors based on the ZEN2 architecture accompanied by that now familiar TRX40 chipset design. And where these mega-core processors really make little sense for your avid PC gamer, these can be very compelling products to developers, content creators and video editors. AMD overhauled the Threadripper and motherboard chipset design,
PCIe Gen 4.0 anywhere and everywhere and new memory configurations make the UMA/NUMA discussion a thing of the past, heck, you can even game on these procs as if it was a Ryzen 3000 processor. Based on 7nm ZEN2 dies and the Castle Peak codename, that 32-core 3970X processor with its staggering 64 threads is just unprecedented in this desktop-class. As you can judge from this review, drop-in compatibility with X399 is, unfortunately, not an
option ergo the new TRX40 chipset that will be complemented on many motherboards from all big brands. Threadripper 3000 processors are different from their predecessors mainly for reasons including PCI-Express 4.0 and further future-proofing the platform for upcoming generations – forcing AMD to introduce a new motherboard platform and chipset. The new Socket sTRX4 / TRX40 looks identical to the Socket TR4 of the first two generations of Threadrippers, but is not compatible; cooling solutions for existing Threadripper CPUs, however, are suitable for these new models.back to menu ↑
Threadripper CPUs are some of the most robust and powerful processing units on the market today. Due to their sheer power and unique design, these units require specific motherboards that are equipped with Socket TR4.
In this post, we’re going to help you find the ideal motherboard for your processor by shedding light on the absolute best Threadripper motherboards on the market today, so stick around.