Best Motherboards Under 200 – In this post, I have discussed about the best motherboard under $200, I hope after reading this post, you can finally select the best one for you.
If you buy from our links, we may get some commissions because of amazon affiliate partnership.
When reviewing these motherboards, the decision can be a tough one. There isn’t a motherboard on there that is really bad. Many of my choices raking these items top to bottom fall into the “newer is better” category.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
1.ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
- Cutting edge gaming motherboard: with AMD AM4 socket, it is a perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Faster memory: 4 memory slots support dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB, with ASUS OptiMem enabling higher memory frequencies and lower latencies
- Blazing data transmission speeds: Two M.2 slots, including the latest PCIe 4.0, provide maximum storage flexibility and the fastest data speeds available via the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen platform
- High-performance gaming networking: Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 2.5 Gb Ethernet for exceptionally fast and smooth online gaming experiences
- Optimized thermal solution: Customizable fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3+ design keep your system running reliably
After reviewing Gigabyte B550’s Aorus Master, we found for X570-level pricing, you can get most of the features and capabilities of the generally more expensive platform. The Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi we’re looking at here costs less at (or about $20 less for the non-Wi-Fi model) but still comes with a lot of appreciated features.
Asus’ B550 product stack currently consists of 11 boards that range in price from (Prime B550M-A) up to the B550-E Gaming with an MSRP of . In between are several options that include boards from the ROG Strix, TUF, and Prime lineups. Within this lineup are ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX size boards, all designed to support the latest AMD Ryzen processors
2.Asus Prime Z390-A
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M. 2, USB 3. 1 Gen2 and ASUS Optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5-Way Optimization that has the intelligence to overclock a CPU based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry. OptiMem II: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with Safe Slot Core, LAN Guard, Over voltage Protection provide longevity, reliability. FanXpert 4 delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition audio codec
Starting with the premier entry-level Prime range, the ASUS Prime Z390-A is an ATX sized motherboard and features a white, silver and black design throughout. The board has a white rear panel cover and chipset heatsink, with integrated RGB on both with support for ASUS AURA Sync. The PCB has a white patterning which contrasts quite nicely and represents one of the more subtle looking ASUS Z390 options.
The Prime Z390-A has three full-length PCIe 3.0 slots with two getting treated to ASUS Safe slot armor protection and the slots operate at x16, x8 and x4 from top to bottom. This means the Prime Z390-A officially supports two-way SLI and up to three-way CrossFire multi-graphics card configurations.
3.Asus Rog Strix Z390-H
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation intel core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2, USB 3.1 gen 2, and asus opti mem II for better dram overclocking stability
- Revamped 5 way optimization overclocks intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while fan xpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling
- Gamer's guardian ensures component longevity with safe slot, esd guards and dram overcurrent protection
- Pre mounted I/o shield ensures streamlined installation and represents rog's attention to detail and quality
A slightly less comprehensive set of rear panel connectors marks a shift in the ASUS crammed rear panels, but still is remarkably impressive overall as the Strix Z390-H Gaming has a total of four USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A and two USB 3.0 Type-A ports. In addition to this is a pair of video outputs with an HDMI and DisplayPort both being featured, with a PS/2 combo port, single Intel I219V Gigabit powered LAN port and a set of onboard audio connectors controlled by a ROG SupremeFX S1220A audio codec.
The ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming has an unknown pricing as of yet and is one of the only red and black themed boards on the whole of the Z390 chipset. The ROG logo on the rear panel is RGB and offers compatibility with the ROG AURA Sync RGB software, with the most notable point is the board’s inclusion of four USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A ports; sorry, no USB Type-C whatsoever on the Z390-H Gaming
4.ASUS TUF Z390-Plus
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.1 Gen2
- Military-Grade TUF Components like TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs maximize system durability
- Gamer’s Guardian with Safe Slot and FanXpert 4 provides hardware-level safeguards for maximum performance with dynamic system cooling
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio with TUF Gaming Headphone featuring Realtek S1200A high definition audio codec driven by Japanese capacitors for warm, immersive sound
- ASUS Optimum II improves memory stability and performance by improving trace isolation between PCB layers to maintain signal integrity even at higher frequencies
The TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming certainly looks like a board that’s been built for durability. The southbridge heatsink and pre-installed rear IO cover are made from dark grey metal and have yellow accents, and those yellow accents continue across the black PCB. It almost looks like the board is made from survival gear, or that it’s wearing hi-vis.
Get beyond the eye-catching looks and you do get several features that improve this affordable board’s durability.
Many of the tiny components that make up the board, like the chokes, VRMs and capacitors, are designed to have up to five times the lifespan that you’d find in similar parts on other affordable motherboards. You get extra chips to guard against electrostatic discharge, and the DRM has over-voltage protection.
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core Processors (Socket 1200)
- 9 Power Phase Design
- Supports DDR4 2933MHz
- 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 (Key E) for WiFi
- AMD Quad CrossFireX and CrossFireX
ASRock has a new value MATX board with the latest B450 chipset from AMD; it’s got everything you need and nothing you don’t.
The ASRock B450M Pro4 MATX motherboard has all the essentials. There are plenty of ports on the back and a PS/2 port for those with old school peripherals. You’ll find 4 SATA ports and 2 M.2 slots for storage, RGB headers for aesthetics and gigabit Ethernet for connectivity.
Whilst the audio is the Realtek ALC892 codec and not the ALC1220 we see on ‘gaming’ products it’s still going to be good enough for all but the most hardcore of gamers and it fits the price point well.
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core Processors(Socket 1200)
- 9 Phase Dr. MOS Power Design
- Supports DDR4 2933MHz
- 2 PCIe 3. 0 x16, 1 PCIe 3. 0 x1, 1 M. 2(Key E) For WiFi
- AMD CrossFireX
The ASRock B460 Steel legend will appeal to buyers who aren’t so interested in bells and whistles, but do want a solid ATX board that’s capable of powering any 10th Gen CPU without bursting into flames. The relative performance between this and a quality Z490 such as the MSI ACE shows that it really is just down to the feature set, overclocking, and memory support.
But the base frequency boost tweak is a great option to have as well. It’s a fast board too, no thanks to the ridiculous B460 memory limitations. It might not tick every box, but at this end of the market you’re always going miss out on something.
7.GIGABYTE B450 AORUS
- Supports AMD 1st & 2nd Generation Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs PCIe Gen3 M.2 NVMe with thermal guard. Operating system - Support for Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, to support Windows 7 64-bit, you must install an AMD Pinnacle Ridge & Summit Ridge CPU
- High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
- Gigabyte exclusive 8118 gaming LAN HDMI, DVI D ports for multiple display
- RGB fusion with digital LED & RGB LED headers Smart fan 5 with fan stop
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB type A Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with Thermal Guard
- RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone LED Light Show Design, Supports Digital LED & RGB LED Strips
- GIGABYTE Exclusive 8118 Gaming LAN with Bandwidth Management
- Smart Fan 5 Features 5 Temperature Sensors and 3 Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
- Anti-Sulfur Resistors Design Ultra Durable 25KV ESD and 15KV Surge LAN Protection CEC 2019 Ready, Save Power with a Single Click
AMD’s Ryzen 2000 CPUs (like the Ryzen 7 2700X) might be old news by now, but AMD’s new budget-focused B450 chipset comes out of the gate ready to inject more value into the AMD AM4 platform. Our success with the X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI gives us high hopes for the lesser B450 Aorus Pro board, but Gigabyte does hold back on some features that could have made this board spectacular.
Regardless, the B450 chipset is a sweet spot for builders and gamers who don’t need X470’s added feature set, and Gigabyte delivers a great product with the B450 Aorus Pro WIFI, at a surprisingly affordable MSRP
8.MSI Performance AMD Ryzen
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Lightning fast game experience: Turbo M.2, AMD turbo USB 3.2 gen2, storemi technology
- Ddr4 boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best gaming performance and stability. Please check the website for MSI in case of any queries related to the product and compatibility issues
- Audio boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
Thank you for reading our review of the MSI Performance Gaming AMD X470 AM4 Motherboard . Our reviews are compiled by our editors with the help of our proprietary ranking algorithm.
We look at verified user reviews, expert reviews on other websites, social signals, search engine interest and many others to give you a real-time recommendation on the MSI Performance Gaming AMD X470 AM4 Motherboard . We analyzed 2268 verified reviews and removed suspicious looking feedback. The average rating out of 5 stars from the verified reviews is 4.6
9.MSI Intel B365 LGA
- Supports 9th/8th Gen Intel Core/Pentium Gold/Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 2666 MHz
- Intel Gaming LAN: Premium network solution from Intel for professional and multimedia use. Delivers a secure, stable and fast network connection
- Pre-installed I/O Shielding: Better EMI protection and more convenience for installation
- Set Core Power Free: Extended Heatsink Design, Core Boost, DDR4 Boost
MSI motherboards been designed with tons of smart features for convenient setup and usage, such as pin-header keep out zone, friendly SATA & USB location and multiple cooling solutions, so DIY users can pick and choose any gaming rig they want.
MSI motherboards featured all the latest solution for enthusiast gamers and prosumers. CPU and memory enhancement and fast storage and USB transfer speed are ready to be on the battlefield.
10.MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4866 MHz)
- On-board dual LAN: 2.5G LAN plus Gigabit LAN
- Mystic Light: RGB LED lighting and extendable pin headers – 16.8 million colors / 29 effects
- Audio Boost rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences
- Premium Thermal Solution: Aluminum Cover with additional choke thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2 ounce thickened copper
- Lightning Fast Game Experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2
With the dawn of the latest in-the-middle chipsets—AMD’s B550 and Intel’s H470 and B460—midrange desktop motherboards just keep getting better. That arguably goes without saying, but in this generation we’re seeing more pronounced improvements. Case in point: MSI’s MAG B550 Tomahawk , which might be mistaken at a glance for a premium ATX pick.
And the similarities go deeper than just appearances—with PCI Express 4.0 support, a 2.5Gbps NIC, and two 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports on the back panel, this board has a modern feature set that’s comparable to what we have seen on many AMD X570 and Intel Z490 motherboards. This makes the Tomahawk a hard option to pass up in the midrange market, and our latest Editors’ Choice winner among mainstream Ryzen desktop boards.
Best Motherboards Under 200 – BUYER’S GUIDE
CPU is important for processing, GPU is for graphics, SSD for storage, but why motherboard matters. The answer is- Motherboard is the main base of a computer. without it, a PC even can’t start.
Think, if you neglect in selecting a good base, all the pricy parts of your PC is gonna suffer. They can’t give their true power.
So, if you don’t have a motherboard that is capable of controlling your other PC parts, unfortunately, you can’t get the best performance form your PC.
That’s why a good motherbord does matter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Motherboard is Right for You?
While your motherboard isn’t going to have any kind of direct impact on your in-game experience, it will play a large role in determining what components you can put into your build. The cheaper the motherboard you choose, the more limited you will be.
However, if you are working with a tight budget, you can definitely choose a less-expensive motherboard. And, if all you are planning on doing is building a single video card setup then you don’t necessarily have to spend hundreds of dollars on an extreme motherboard.
Best Motherboards Under 200 – There are tons of motherboards available in the market and it is pretty easy to choose one of the motherboards from the upper-tier, the expensive ones. But, talking about the budget ones, it is very hard to get the best motherboard that can run all the latest PC parts.
But don’t worry in this post, I am gonna discuss about the best motherboards under $200. If you think properly, $200 is not a very big amount for motherboards but not to cheap too.