Best x570 Motherboards for 3900x – Ryzen 3900x is undoubtedly a great choice for a processor. However, only a compatible motherboard can help you reap all of its benefits. But we got you covered. Even if you’re somewhat low on budget, you can get your hands on a reliable motherboard that supports Ryzen 3900x.
Based on the above factors, we’ve handpicked the three best motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900x
1.MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for AM4 socket
- Ultra-fast networking support with both on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) and bundled 10G Super LAN card
- Onboard triple Lightning Gen 4 M. 2 slots and bundled M. 2 XPANDER-Z Gen 4 accessory card with two additional M. 2 slots
- Mystic Light Infinity II brings together colorful lighting and an infinity mirror for deceptively endless light effects – customize with 16. 8 million colors and 29 effects through the Mystic Light APP
- Xtreme Audio DAC with dual audio processors, ESS DAC, 6. 3mm headphone out, and Nahimic enhancement software
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
A motherboard with a name like “Godlike”—and it’s not MSI’s first bite at the apple with that family name—sets some serious expectations. Though we’re not here to debunk the dominance of this deluxe motherboard, we have to observe: Its price is as equally high in the heavens as its name. As MSI’s flagship Ryzen board, the MEG X570 Godlike serves as the company’s most powerful AMD X570 chipset platform for AMD’s AM4-socket processors.
It comes with an encyclopedic list of features and two snazzy add-on cards, at a price that, alas, makes it all a bit hard to swallow. We’d recommend looking to make sure you actually need both of the add-on cards and are truly entranced by the radical, showy design before paying the major premium to this PCB deity.
2.MSI MEG Z490
- Supports 10th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron Processors for LGA 1200 socket
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128GB total (5000MHz)
- Triple Turbo M.2 with double-side M.2 Shield Frozr - transfer speeds of up to 32 GB/s bandwidth, with M.2 XPANDER-Z GEN4 S accessory card adds two additional M.2 slots
- 2x Thunderbolt 3 ports on the rear panel provide up to 40GB/s transfer speed. Supports daisy chain configurations and 4K displays.
- On-board 10G super LAN plus 2.5G LAN with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- Frozr Heatsink designed with active cooling, Double Ball Bearings, Zero Frozr Technology, and MOSFET Backplates for high-performance heat dissipation
The MSI Z490 Ace comes from the MEG line of boards, which is the high-end of the product stack. The Ace sits between the flagship MEG Z490 Godlike and the more overclocking centric MEG Z490 Unify . Below this tier is the MPG (gaming), MAG (general performance), and Pro (creator) lines — a total of 10 boards listed on the MSI website. Just as other boards command a premium price over their Z390 counterparts, the Z490 Ace is the same priced at more.
Performance results of the MEG Z490 Ace is generally close to its compatriots, though slower in some regards.Using the default settings, the board ran the CPU at 4.8 (versus 4.9 GHz) GHz and reached Terminal Velocity Boost (TVB) when it could.
3.ASUS Prime X570-P
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Industry-leading cooling options: comprehensive controls for fans and AIO pump, via fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI
- Asus Optic-MEM: careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved Memory overclocking
- Next-gen connectivity: supreme flexibility With PCIe Gen 4 support, Dual M. 2 support, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 ports
- Aura Sync RGB header: synchronize RGB header with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including next-gen addressable RGB strips
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
Moving onto the second of the ASUS Prime series models, the ASUS Prime X570-P represents an entry-level offering to the X570 chipset with two full-length PCIe 4.0 slots, dual PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots, and a pair of budget-friendly Realtek controllers handling the onboard audio and networking. The most noticeable aspect of the board’s design is how bare the PCB looks in contrast to other models from the ASUS X570 product stack.
The chipset heatsink is actively cooled with a white and silver design, while the PCB itself features a white and black design which is a trait of the Prime series itself. The Prime X570-P omits a rear panel cover entirely, and the chipset heatsink is running an 8-phase power delivery for the CPU VCore, with a seemingly adequate looking heatsink from our hands-on with this model at Computex.
4.ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: Military-grade TUF components, Pro Cool socket and Digi plus VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-Gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 m.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard and technology
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS and Firmware to download the latest BIOS
Asus’ TUF lineup has changed from the ultra-robust, heavy shielding it was known for in years past and has evolved more toward gaming-centric boards with protection on individual parts such as the PCIe and DIMM slots. ESD guards, additional surge protection measures and military-grade components are still a part of the TUF lineup, but the additional hardening went beyond what was necessary for most use cases.
These changes have made the Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi the second-least-expensive board in the Asus X570 product stack just missing the mark to be our best motherboards pick in the budget X570 category.
The X570-Plus Wi-Fi handled overclocking our Ryzen 7 3700X without a complaint and performed well in our benchmarks at stock speeds, making it a good base to build a new AMD Ryzen 3000 series system.
5.GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 2 DIMMs
- Direct 8 Phases Digital Power with 90A Smart Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Extended & Multi-Layered Heatsink and Thermal Baseplate
- Ultra Durable PCIe 4.0 Ready x16 Slot
- Dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x 4M. 2 with Thermal Guard
- Onboard Intel WiFi 6 802.11ax 2T2R & BT5 with AORUS Antenna
- AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB and Nichicon Audio Capacitors for Rear 120dB SNR
- Blazing Fast 2.5GbE LAN with Bandwidth Management
- USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C & DisplayPort plus Dual HDMI Support
Sometimes less is more, and when it comes to motherboards the mini-ITX form factor has some of the most enthusiastic fan club members. Small form factor systems are becoming more widely used as we’re ushered into a single graphics card setup dominated landscape. and in terms of features to price, the B550 chipset has some of the most cost-effective of any current desktop platform.
One such board is the GIGABYTE B550I Aorus Pro AX which combines a wave of premium features combined with AMD’s B550 chipset. It includes compatibility for PCIe 4.0 devices with supported processors, dual PCIe M.2 slots, and 2.5 gigabit Ethernet. It’s time to give our verdict on it and see if it can cut it in a very competitive small is more market.
No matter if you are a gamer or a content creator, if you still have not experienced the behemoth performance of Ryzen 9 3900x, you’re surely missing a lot! Ryzen 9 3900x is the mainstream processor, nowadays, loaded with 12 cores and a massive 24 threads, at a base clock of 3.8 GHz and a whopping 64 MB L3 Cache. It is the fastest and one of the most efficient CPUs to date.
For enthusiasts, it offers excellent multithreaded performance that surely tops the rivals in the benchmark. But that’s not just the end! It also supports PCIe Gen4, which is twice as fast as PCIe 3.0, translating into significant speed differences with a data transfer rate of up to 16 GT/s.