Best x570 Motherboards for Ryzen 3700x – Even though you can find multiple processors under AMD’s latest 5000 series lineup of Ryzen processors, the older Ryzen 7 3700X is still a highly powerful option. You can use this CPU for all kinds of uses like gaming, productivity, content creation, designing, and much more. All those of you who wish to get this CPU can also find the best motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700X up above in this listicle along with various details like major specifications and features along with a comprehensive buying guide. Based on all such details, here are our favorite recommendations for the best motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700X:
1.ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
Pros & Cons
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 headers
- Comprehensive cooling: active PCH heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm Heatpipe, Dual on-board M. 2 heatsinks and a water pump plus Header
- Gaming connectivity: supports PCIe 4. 0, HDMI 2. 0, DisplayPort 1. 2 and features dual M. 2 and USB 3. 2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2. 5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet With ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO, and Gateway teaming via GameFirst V
Who needs eight 10Gbps USB ports on the I/O panel? With all of the X570 platform’s USB 3.x ports offering that bandwidth, a better question might be why Asus’s competitors (specifically the MSI MEG X570 Ace, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master and ASRock X570 Taichi) are substituting some of those with 5Gbps ports.
But who would be willing to give up one of the competitor’s three M.2 slots for four SATA ports? If that sounds like you, the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming beckons. With these features nailed down, the only remaining question is why Asus labels this board “gaming” rather than “pro.”
We’ve tested several X570 boards, including some models refreshed for AMD’s new Ryzen 5000 CPUs but only a handful of models stand out enough to rank among our Best Motherboads list.
2.ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
Pros & Cons
- Cutting edge gaming motherboard: with AMD AM4 socket, it is a perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Faster memory: 4 memory slots support dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB, with ASUS OptiMem enabling higher memory frequencies and lower latencies
- Blazing data transmission speeds: Two M.2 slots, including the latest PCIe 4.0, provide maximum storage flexibility and the fastest data speeds available via the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen platform
- High-performance gaming networking: Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 2.5 Gb Ethernet for exceptionally fast and smooth online gaming experiences
- Optimized thermal solution: Customizable fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3+ design keep your system running reliably
After reviewing Gigabyte B550’s Aorus Master, we found for X570-level pricing, you can get most of the features and capabilities of the generally more expensive platform
In between are several options that include boards from the ROG Strix, TUF, and Prime lineups. Within this lineup are ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX size boards, all designed to support the latest AMD Ryzen processors.
Sitting second from the top of Asus’ B550 motherboards, the B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi includes 14-phase power delivery, 2.5 GbE LAN, integrated Wi-Fi 6 AX200, two M.2 slots (each with a heatsink), six SATA ports and premium audio, among other features.
3.ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII
Pros & Cons
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors
- Comprehensive thermal design: Passive chipset heatsink, M.2 aluminum heatsinks and ROG Water Cooling Zone.
- Robust power delivery: Designed power solution 14+2 TI power stages rated for 90A, ProCool II power connectors, microfine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- High-performance connectivity: On-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO support, 2.5 Gbps Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, BIOS flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
The Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi’s price point lands it in the upper mid-range of all X570 boards. The overall experience with the board was positive, as stock testing completed without a hitch and performance was as expected, with results right around the other boards.
Asus’ latest UEFI for the system looks good and is easy to work with, providing a good foundation for a full system. The board includes a whopping 12 USB ports on the rear IO, including eight USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports (seven Type-A, one Type-C), fast 2.5G Realtek based LAN, as well as Intel Wi-Fi 6 integration. If you look close enough, you may find a kitchen sink.
Asus does not have rated memory speeds listed on the specification page. For audio, we find the ROG SupremeFX codec (a tweaked Realtek ALC1220), a premium audio solution.. Below is a complete list of specifications from Asus.
4.GIGABYTE B550M DS3H
Pros & Cons
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 5 plus 3 Phases Pure Digital VRM Solution with Low RDS(on) MOSFETs
- Ultra Durable PCIe 4. 0 Ready x16 Slot
- Dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4. 0/3. 0 M. 2 Connectors
- High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard for Ultimate Audio Quality
- GIGABYTE Exclusive 8118 Gaming GbE LAN with Bandwidth Management
- Rear HDMI and DVI Support
- RGB FUSION 2. 0 with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show Design
- Supports Addressable LED and RGB LED Strips
The Gigabyte B550M DS3H motherboard may look seemingly boring, but I can tell you that what it lack in looks, it certainly makes up for it in terms of features, compatibility and versatility.
The motherboard comes a decent amount of features including, PCIE 4.0 support, HD audio, Gigabyte 8118 gigabit LAN, USB 3.2 and Gen1 , 4 x SATA ports, 1 x PCIE 4.0 x16 steel slot, 1 x PCIE 3.0 slot, 1 x PCIE 4.0 M.2 slot, 1 x PCIE 3.0 M.2 slots for SSDs, and 4 x DIMM slots supporting memory speeds of up to DDR4 4733 (O.C.).
The B550M DS3H’s micro ATX form factor, along with all the above features, makes it an ideal motherboard for gamers, system builders or home theatre enthusiasts.
Pros & Cons
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Extended heatsink design: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning fast game experience: 1x turbo M.2, amd turbo USB 3.2 gen2, store mi technology
- Core boost: With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
From the few second-generation MSI Arsenal motherboards we have tested, the majority have been refreshed models of pre-existing boards. Over time, the vendors have had the opportunity to make minor tweaks and upgrades to keep ahead of current technological advances and inevitable design choices. MSI has tried to tick both boxes with the new B450 Tomahawk which comes with an extended CPU heatsink, USB 3.1 Gen2 support and RGB LEDs.
The MSI B450 Tomahawk is the successor to the popular B350 Tomahawk and offers users a slightly better feature set. This starts with including a pair USB 3.1 Gen2 ports, as well as customizable RGB LED lighting integrated into the board. The B450 Tomahawk is a gaming-themed motherboard and comes from MSI’s ‘Arsenal’ range of motherboards designed to offer users an affordable option with many of the features found on the more expensive models, but with some differentials to keep the overall cost down.
For those of you who want an all-rounder computer made for all kinds of usage like gaming, content creation, rendering, and other heavy-duty uses, then getting a high-end processor is highly recommended.
For such uses, the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X can be a highly powerful option that will need something like the best motherboards for Ryzen 3700X stated down below because of the features you get: