Best x99 Motherboards for Gaming – The incorporation of an X99 motherboard in your systems marks durability, stability, and exceptional performance. However, getting the best model for your needs can be quite tricky if you don’t have much knowledge about technical stuff. Therefore, you are recommended to go through the buying guide in order to make a valued purchase. Hopefully, this article has helped you in finding the model you are looking for!
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.ASUS LGA2011 5
- Next-gen connectivity – Includes extensive upgrades including onboard U.2 / M.2 slots that tap into 32Gbps of PCIe bandwidth, 3x3 802.11ac Wi-Fi, dual Intel LAN, and USB 3.1 Type C
- ASUS Aura – Features controllable RGB onboard lighting and 4-pin strip header that can be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware
- Patent-pending SafeSlot – Reinvented, strengthened PCIe slot utilizes a new insert-molding process to bind the slot to fortifying metal for superior retention and shearing resistance
- 5-Way Optimization – 1-click full system tuning handles everything from overclocking to cooling and beyond
- SupremeFX Audio – ROG-renowned audio with SupremeFX shielding for noise reduction and dual op-amps to drive 32-300 ohms impedance headphones.Bluetooth V4.0
- NOTE: Check User Guide in Technical Specification before use
ASUS continues to optimize their hardware for the overclocking and PC gaming crowds, but they are also catering to a niche audience looking for ultra stable and durable PC components. ASUS’s Sabertooth X79 motherboard is their one of their latest products to bear the TUF series label and sport customized hardware and thermal components as well as a desert camo color scheme to complete the military look.
This motherboard comes with a five-year warranty, digital power management system, rugged chokes, solid capacitors, and MOSFETs that have been certified through third party, military-grade testing.
The Sabertooth X79 also comes with a host of other features to improve SSD caching and give users quad GPU support for CrossfireX and SLI graphics card configurations.back to menu ↑
2.ASUS WS C422 SAGE
- Designed for 7th generation LGA2066 socket Intel Xeon W-Series processors
- Patent-pending SafeSlot features an injection molding process that integrates metal framing ideal for supporting 4-Way NVIDIASLI or AMD CrossfireX
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio enhanced by ASUS exclusive Realtek S1220A featuring Crystal Sound 3, DTS Headphone:X and driven by Japanese capacitors for warm, immersive sound
- AURA Sync RGB lighting via Addressable RGB headers features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled products
- Complete IT Infrastructure Management with ASMB9 Out-of-band remote management and In-band ASUS Control Center reducing IT operating costs with BIOS updating, monitoring multiple systems
- ASUS Control Center - A software utility that provides convenient, secure and cost-saving centralized IT management for small and medium businesses
The ASUS WS C422 SAGE/10G delivers a powerful performance with features like ECC DDR4 and Intel VROC. SafeSlot protection supports 4-way NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossfireX, while dual M.2 and U.2 ports with front-panel USB 3.1 optimize data speeds. ASUS Control Center delivers complete IT infrastructure m…
The ASUS WS C422 SAGE/10G delivers a powerful performance with features like ECC DDR4 and Intel VROC. SafeSlot protection supports 4-way NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossfireX, while dual M.2 and U.2 ports with front-panel USB 3.1 optimize data speeds. ASUS Control Center delivers complete IT infrastructure management with cost-saving features.back to menu ↑
3.ROG Strix Z590-E
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- AI Motherboard : AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking and AI noise cancelation
- Robust Power Solution: 14+2 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized Thermal Design: VRM and aluminum I/O heatsink, L-shaped heatpipe, Triple onboard M.2 heatsinks, including an M.2 backplate for improved cooling for PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot
- High-performance Gaming Networking: On-board Intel WiFi 6E AX210 and dual Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
For review today, we have the ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi motherboard courtesy of ASUS. The Strix Z590-E sits in the middle of ASUS’s product stack and at the top of their Gaming series of boards. ASUS classes them all as AI 2.0 motherboards “designed to extract every ounce of performance from the latest 11th Gen Intel Core processors.”
The board features updated power designs, the latest connectivity options, and exclusive software and firmware utilities that leverage Artificial Intelligence. Coming from the upper tier of their gaming series, the Strix Z590-E is fully decked out with new hardware and looks to take on any contender in the virtual battlefield. Let’s take this board for a spin on the test bench and see how it stacks up to our other contenders!back to menu ↑
- Ultra-fast 10Gb/s USB 3.1 built in to the board
- Patent Pending OC Socket - Drive CPU and DDR4 performance beyond all expectations!
- 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5 - One click overclock and cooling, done!
- Dual 32Gb/s ultrafast M.2 x4 (onboard and PCIE add-in card)
- Crystal Sound 2 - Flawless audio that makes you part of the game!
- ASUS Home Cloud with 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi - Access your PC remotely and stream multimedia content anywhere, anytime
Our review of Asus’s flasgship mainstream X99 motherboard saw it pick up our top award thanks to great looks, an excellent feature set and awesome performance and overclocking potential. It was a pricey bit of kit, though, but thankfully it has a little brother – the X99-Pro, which offers much of the same awesomeness, but for around £60 less.
That said, it’s still going to set you back over but even though the Deluxe has seen a small price reduction since launch, the savings could net you an all-in-one liquid cooler or larger SSD, for example. So what’s the specification and how do the two differ? At face value, they’re actually remarkably similar.
The X99-Pro also lacks the Deluxe’s 16x PCI-E slot light indicators that show you which slots to use for two and three-way setups, but thankfully Asus has seen fit to allow you to double-space the first two GPUs into 16x PCI-E slots one and three.back to menu ↑
5.ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme
- USB 3.1 Add-On Card
- Intel Core i7 processors on LGA 2011-v3 socket
- Intel X99 Express chipset
- OC Socket, OC Panel, Safe Boot and Retry buttons - Powerful tuning kit for breaking records
- Extreme Engine Digi+ IV - Primo components for rock-steady power
- Direct CU, X-Socket II, multiple thermal sensors and Fan Expert 3 - Stay even cooler
- PCI Express 3.0 x4 M.2, dual SATA Express, 3T3R 802.11ac Wi-Fi - Unparalleled connectivity with blistering-fast transfer speeds
- Supreme 2014, Sonic Radar II, Intel Ethernet, LANGuard, Game First III, Key Bot, RAM Disk - Hear more, banish lag, accelerate loading and control
In this review we check out the ASUS Rampage V Extreme motherboard, armed with the X99 chipset and with that luxurious OC panel this motherboard is amongst the most high-end X99 motherboards available on the globe. It’s big, fast, ROG themed and has luxurious features and overclocking written all over it. The Rampage V ROG Edition is an E-ATX form factor motherboard for the new Haswell-E series of processors.
The motherboard comes with a massive feature set like SLI/Crossfire support, AC WIFI, heaps of SATA3 connectors, overclock features, a nice audio solution, M.2 PCIe compatibility and yeah, the means to overclock.
The Intel Core i7-5960X and other Haswell-E chips are released into the market in September 2014 and based on a new socket LGA2011-V3 infrastructure and DDR4 quad channel memory.
The new Haswell-E series being released features three models, two 6 core and one 8 core processor intended for the most high-end desktops anno 2014. For Intel it is the first 8 core desktop CPU for consumers. However, Intel has been offering 8 and even 12 core processors in their Xeon server line for quite some time now to the business channel.back to menu ↑
In case you are building a new PC or planning to upgrade the older one, you are just in the right place. The motherboards with X99 chipset are targeted as one of the best options both in terms of excellent features and extreme performance.
Whether you love to play games or need to do some rendering and editing, an X99 motherboard can help you go far. This article reviews some of the best known X99 motherboards in the high-end desktop market.