Best Ergonomic Mouse for Wrist Pain – You owe it to your body to start paying serious attention to that little device that you grapple onto many hours every day. Constant pain, nerve damage, and even disability could be in the cards if we don’t consider the ergonomics of the mouse we use day in and out. There is a perfect ergonomic mouse for you in our list; find it first before spending anther dime on the latest graphics card or shiny accessory for your PC.
Our list of the best ergonomic mice is meant to cover the wide spectrum of users and differing preferences when it comes to not just an ergonomic mouse, but mouse in general. Read the pros and pitfalls of each mouse above carefully to see which one covers all of your needs the best.
There is no one size that fits all in the world of ergonomic design, and at the end of the day, the best ergonomic mouse is one that doesn’t just conform to your body perfectly, but your work flow as well to boost productivity.back to menu ↑
- POINTER SPEED INDICATORS: Top mounted LEDs show through the chrome thumb rest to indicate selected pointer speed. Do not use on reflective or clear surfaces as pointer might skip.
- IMPROVED THUMB REST: The thumb rest has been reshaped to provide even more comfort over earlier versions.
- COMFORTABLE AND EASY TO USE: The shape is thoughtfully sculpted for uncompromising comfort and easy-to-reach programmable buttons.
- POWERFUL AND INTUITIVE DRIVER: Evoluent Mouse Manager provides extensive but easy to use functionality for 6 buttons through a simple and intuitive interface.
- HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY: VerticalMouse is plug-n-play compatible with all operating systems that support USB. Basic button and wheel functions work without additional drivers. SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY: VerticalMouse comes with Mouse Manager software for customizing the buttons. Mouse Manager is compatible with: Windows 7 and 10 Mac OS 10.5 to 10.14 (update for 10.15 is under development. Third party software may be used in place of Mouse Manager for OS 10.15.)
back to menu ↑
- Ultra-fast magspeed scrolling - Remarkable speed, precision & quietness of electromagnetic scrolling with all new magspeed wheel - up to 90% faster, 87% more precise & ultra-quiet
- Comfort shape and intuitive controls - Work comfortably with perfectly sculpted shape and ideally placed thumb wheel and controls
- App-specific customizations - Speed up your workflow with predefined app-specific profiles and numerous customization options. Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology
- Flow cross-computer control - Work seamlessly on three computers. Seamlessly transfer cursor, text, and files - between windows & macOS, desktop & laptop
- Works on any surface even on glass with dark field 4000 DPI sensor. It is faster and 5x more precise than the basic mouse - so you always hit the right Pixel
- USB-c rechargeable - Full charge lasts up-to 70 days, quick 1 min charge gives 3 hrs of use
- Multi-device and multi-OS - Connect the way you want up to 3 devices via Bluetooth or the included USB receiver on windows, Mac or Linux
- 1 year limited hardware warranty
back to menu ↑
- *ULTRA THIN ERGONOMIC DESIGN -The thin design ensures a relaxed, flat position of the hands and wrists while typing. The special scissor mechanism ensures a light keystroke, so you need less force to type. Helps reduce strain, great for those working on spreadsheets, accounting files or financial applications
- *LED TRAFFIC - The R-Go Numpad includes a built-in break indicator, which uses color signals (green, orange, red) to indicate when it's time to take a break.
- *PORTABLE AND WIDELY COMPATIBLE - You can easily carry the Number Pad, making it ideal for the new flexible way of working. Works with PC/Desktop/Laptop. Ideal in combination with R-Go Split Keyboard and R-Go Compact Keyboards.
- *FULL SIZE – Easy, accurate numeric input with 21 keys
- *PLUG AND PLAY – Wired connection with USB C / USB mini (including converter to USB A) and cable length of 59 inches.
back to menu ↑
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm; product weight: 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
back to menu ↑
- √ ERGONOMIC DESIGN – Designed to be utilized in neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain helping alleviate wrist pain.
- √ REMOVABLE PALM REST & BLUE LED TRIM – This mouse comes included with a palm rest that can be easily detached based on the user's preference and convenience. It also features a blue LED, which lights up the outlining of the mouse.
- √ ADJUSTABLE DPI – Switch between DPI levels 800, 1200 and 1600 to adjust mouse responsiveness depending on your need and/or preference. Optical Tracking Technology ensures greater sensitivity for precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- √ THUMB BUTTONS – Use the back/forward buttons located near the thumb area for optimum convenience, (button functionality can also be changed and reassigned using a compatible driver or software).
- √ WIDE COMPATIBILITY & FREE LIFETIME SUPPORT – Compatible with Windows 7/8/10, XP, Vista 7/8 and Linux etc. All J-Tech Digital Products include a One-Year Manufacturer Warranty and free lifetime technical support from our Customer Support Team located in Houston, Texas - Available M-F 9AM-6PM CST - Contact information available on the J-Tech Digital Seller Page.
back to menu ↑
- The MOJO Pro Performance Gaming Mouse combines one of the best gaming mouse sensors with our hand sculpted ergonomic design and all silent buttons to create the perfect gaming mouse
- Fully customizable - download our software to customize buttons, set up macros, adjust DPI, LED screen, set up gamer profiles, and more
- Flawless Advanced Gaming Sensor PMW3336 for up to 12000 DPI and 1000 Hz Polling Rate
- Requires Windows 7 or Above. With our easy to use software you can adjust every detail of the mouse to fit your ideal profile
- Mouse Dimensions: 130 x 72 x 41mm, Weight: 127g, Cable Length: 1.8m
back to menu ↑
- Sensitive Mouse Click with Less Noise - Slim ergonomic design and smooth frosted surface for an incredible user experience. Quieter and Easier to click, make you concentrate on your work without disturbing others beside you
- Plug & Play - Tiny wireless receiver conveniently slots into your computer's USB port, taking up minimal space. 1 AA battery needed (not included in the package).
- Stable Connection and Power Efficient - The 2.4 GHz wireless mouse provides a powerful, reliable connection, effective up to 15 meters of range. This mouse will auto sleep after 8 minutes of inactivity for power saving, it can be waken up by clicking any button.
- Universal Compatibility - work with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.4 etc.【【This product is not compatible with macbook pro or other laptops which only have type c ports】】
- Portable & Durable - USB-receiver stays in your PC USB port or stows conveniently inside the wireless mouse when not in use. Perfect for work and entertainment in home or office.
back to menu ↑
- 100% brand new and high quality.
- Tracking systems: Optical.
- Ergonomically designed, long-term use without fatigue.
- Built-weight iron, feel comfortable, mobile and stability.
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, ME, 2000 and Mac OS...or latest.
back to menu ↑
- Optical tracking technology provides precise cursor movement for superior accuracy so you can get where you want on the screen Quickly with less hand movement, improving productivity and efficiency; The blue 40mm ball has been specially designed with an absolute spherical, hard surface for precise tracking and control
- Unique scroll Ring let you move up and down web pages or documents with ease; ambidextrous design works equally well for both right-handed and left-handed users
- Detachable Wrist rest softly cushions and cradles the hand and wrist in an ergonomic position for pain-free productivity during extended periods of activity on the computer
- Free downloadable KensingtonWorks software provides a personalized experience, giving you the ability to assign a wide variety of program functions to each of the 2 buttons, as well as adjusting cursor and scrolling speeds
- ChromeOS user can get HID functions for a trackball but will not be able to customize their device through KensingtonWorks.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and chrome (version 44 and later); plug & play installation gets you clicking and scrolling through the reliable wired USB connection, and it does not need batteries; 5 Year
back to menu ↑
- Advanced ergonomic design with thumb scoop encourages natural hand and wrist postures.
- Mouse angle and height are designed to place wrist in a comfortable position.
- MicrosofTrack Technology in the mouse gives you precise control on virtually any surface.
- Windows button for one-touch access to the Start Menu.
back to menu ↑
Best Ergonomic Mouse for Wrist Pain – BUYER’S GUIDE
- Size: The size of the mouse should be an important consideration, to ensure it fits your hands comfortably. Too large, and your hands will not be rested in the right place on the mouse. Too small, and your fingers with be clinched, with a large gap between your palm and the mouse. Both are detrimental to your hands. Before purchasing your mouse, check its dimensions and compare it with your current mouse to get the proper perspective, as the product shots can be deceiving.
- Weight: Size and weight go hand in hand when it comes to a comfortable mouse. Don’t think a mere few grams won’t make any difference- it does. Do you like the added stability of a heavier mouse, or a lightweight one that is effortless to push around? Some mouse like the Utech Gaming mouse doesn’t force you to choose, as they come with a tuning set you can add or remove to achieve the precise desired weight and resistance. Again, check the mouse’s specs for its weight before making your purchase.
- Wireless or Not: While a wireless mouse does away with the clutter of one more cable on your desk, it isn’t without faults. It requires batteries to run (less eco friendly), usually uses a USB receiver to connect to the computer (that can be misplaced), and finally, needs to be “woken up” each time after some idle time. Think clearly about these drawbacks before settling on either a wireless or wired mouse. The biggest drawback of a wired mouse is obviously the added cable, which is especially annoying when you’re working outside.
- Form factor: The form factor of a mouse is critical to how comfortable and ergonomic it is. The traditional horizontal mouse will feel the most familiar for most people, though it is worth giving a vertical or trackball mouse a try, especially if you are starting to feel the early effects of RSI in the arms or wrist, such as carpal tunnel syndrome or tendonitis. A joystick mouse should probably only be considered for people with an existing RSI condition, as most users find it less precise and harder to maneuver than the other three types of mice.
- DPI Switch: DPI stands for dots per inch. A mouse with a physical DPI switch lets you easily adjust the sensitivity of the mouse cursor without any software. A high DPI setting translates into a more sensitive mouse cursor, responding to micro movements of the mouse. Gamers often demand a mouse that supports an ultra high DPI setting so it’s more responsive, though some studies have found a correlation between high DPI setting and carpal tunnel syndrome. A mouse with a physical DPI switch lets you dial down your mouse’s sensitivity on demand depending on the task at hand, and can be highly beneficial.
- Number of Buttons: Virtually all mice come with at least two primary buttons for left and right clicking. Beyond that, is more the merrier? From an ergonomic standpoint, extra buttons- especially ones that are customizable- can eliminate having to move the mouse to perform certain tasks, reducing the chances of RSI injuries. At the minimum, look for a mouse with a browser back and forth buttons, as these are tasks commonly performed every day. The Utech Gaming Mouse comes with 12 programmable buttons on its side if there are other tasks in your daily routine that can use a shortcut.
- Left or Right handed: Most mice featured in our guide are for right handed people, though the Trackball mouse is ambidixoul. This means it can be used by both left and right handed people. The distinct advantage of an ambidixoul mouse is that it lets you alter between hands throughout the day to operate it, spreading out the workload between your two hands and greatly reducing the chances of developing injuries. If you are disabled on on hand, an ambidixual mouse such as the Logitech Trackball Marble also lets you use your other hand to operate it. This is something to consider.
- Price: Last but not least, price is certainly an important factor when purchasing a mouse, though not nearly as much as luxury items such as a laptop or monitor. Even the most expensive mouse certainly won’t break the bank. Do not just look at the price when elavuating the true cost of the mouse- look at the warranty period as well. An expensive mouse with a long warranty and hassle free return is arguly better than a cheap mouse that you are stuck with if it breaks in 2 months. Beyond warranty however, if a mouse delivers more comfort and better productivity than another one, that should be above all else the main deciding factor.
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
What is an ergonomic mouse ?
An ergonomic computer mouse is specifically redesigned to reduce bodily discomfort and reduce the strain on muscles as well as associated injuries like arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome or tendonitis that my take place due to using a mouse at an uncomfortable position or unnatural hand posture. This ergonomic mouse is thoughtfully created to flow with the movement of the palm or the hand and fit comfortably into the natural hand shape and posture, feeling comfortable even during prolonged usage.back to menu ↑
Should I Use an ergonomic mouse?
Ergonomic mouse for work is not a necessity since you can just use your normal mouse or touchpad. However, especially for tasks like graphic designing and 3D modelling which demands consistent long hours of work, ergonomic mouse can make your work more comfortable and productive. Plus, you can reward yourself with a new mouse just to feel refreshing time to time. Ergonomic mouse help you improve your work experience in certain software like photoshop and illustrator by customizing the buttons according to your choice. Also, if you are gamer, these mice will definitely improve your gaming experience.back to menu ↑
So why an ergonomic mouse? Most people hardly give a second thought to the mouse they use, preferring to focus their attention- and money- on the latest graphics card, CPU, or even PC case. If you’re one of those people, consider this- the computer mouse, besides the keyboard, is the only part of the computer you’re constantly in physical contact with. As such, not giving it its due respect can have serious repercussions.