Best Gaming Mouse for Mac – A gaming mouse that suits your hand size feels sturdy and caters to the overall work you do on your Mac is your best bet. Good news is that with heavy competition in the market, finding a suitable model within your budget is easy. If you have the budget, prefer going for a well-known brand, but for folks with a limited budget, cheaper brands work just fine.
If you purchase a mouse that uses a third party application for configuring buttons, macros, profiles, DPI or any other feature, ensure that the software works with a Mac. Cheaper applications are only designed for PC, and without the software, you cannot customise your mouse.
The best gaming mouse for a Mac should be perfect for all types of gamers and should provide faster moving speeds for an excellent performance.back to menu ↑
1.HyperX Pulsefire Haste
- Ultra-light hex shell design: The honeycomb shell provides feather-light weight without sacrificing durability.
- HyperFlex USB Cable: The light, flexible paracord material reduces tension and resistance for easier mouse movement.
- TTC Golden micro dustproof switches: These switches provide solid, satisfying clicks and are rated for 60 million clicks.
- Pure virgin-grade PTFE skates: The low-friction 100% PTFE skates help provide an easy, effortless glide.
- Grip tape included: For more control and comfort, grip tape for the sides and left and right buttons are included.
- Customizable with HyperX NGENUITY Software: Easily customize DPI settings, RGB lighting, button assignments, and record macros with powerful, easy-to-use, HyperX NGENUITY Software.
back to menu ↑
2.Razer DeathAdder V2
- Focus+ 20K DPI Optical Sensor: Auto-calibrates across mouse mat and reduces cursor drift from lift-off and landing for industry-leading precision. Razer Optical Switches – 70M Click Durability
- 3x Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: New Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Supports 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance: Razer Speedflex cables eliminate the need for mouse bungees, drastically reducing weight and drag for absolute control
back to menu ↑
3.Apple Magic Mouse
- Magic Mouse 2 is completely rechargeable, so you’ll eliminate the use of traditional batteries.
- It’s lighter, has fewer moving parts thanks to its built-in battery and continuous bottom shell, and has an optimized foot design — all helping Magic Mouse 2 track easier and move with less resistance across your desk.
- And the Multi-Touch surface allows you to perform simple gestures such as swiping between web pages and scrolling through documents.
- Lightning port
back to menu ↑
4.Logitech MX Master
- Cross computer control: Game changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on 3 computers, and copy paste text, images, and files from 1 to the other using Logitech flow
- Dual connectivity: Use with upto 3 Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology. Sensor technology: Darkfield high precision
- Advanced ergonomic design: Perfectly sculpted, hand crafted shape supports your hand and wrist in a comfortable, natural position
- Auto shift scrolling: Speed adaptive scroll wheel auto shifts on the fly from click to click to hyper fast scrolling; Wireless operating distance: 10 m
- Battery: rechargeable Li-Po (500 mAh) battery. Rechargable battery: Upto 70 days of power on a single charge; Number of buttons: 7
back to menu ↑
5.SteelSeries Rival 650
- Quantum Wireless technology allows accurate, reliable lag free performance on par with SteelSeries' top tier wired mice, while allowing you to remain untethered
- 24+ hour battery life on a full charge or 10 hours from 15 minute rapid charge
- SteelSeries' most advanced optical sensor, TrueMove3+, provides true 1 to 1 tracking, while a secondary depth sensor adjusts the lift off distance to control movement with esports precision and accuracy
- Personalize with 256 unique center of gravity weight tuning configurations to fit your preferences
- Ultra durable gaming switches guaranteed for 60 million clicks. Lift off distance-customizable, 0.5–2 millimeter
back to menu ↑
- 【6-Programmable Buttons】Every button can be programmed by installing driver software, which makes the mouse more intelligent and meets more different games demand MMO gaming(Tips: The gaming driver is compatible with Windows only.). Every mouse button through 10 million times click test makes sure it's precise and endurable. Ergonomic Struction comfortable fit in games’ hand.
- 【5 Adjustable DPI Levels】3200 DPI and 4800 DPI by installing driver software, control mouse moving speed just press the DPI button. Upgrade 2.4GHz transmission technology, providing reliable, precise and long rang connection, up to 33ft. Get rid of the restraint of cable, give the best play gaming experience.
- 【Rechargeable Wireless Mouse】Built-in rechargeable battery, with a 59-inch charging cable. No need to change batteries. The gaming mouse will enter sleep if you keep it 8 minutes inactive. On/off switch button on the back of the mouse, you can switch the mouse to off status when it is free.
- 【RGB Gaming Mouse】7 Color changing automatically, colorful and dazzling light the dark, giving a playing gaming atmosphere, best gaming experience provide for you.
- 【Wide Compatibility& Plug and Play】Compatible with most systems including Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / XP, Vista 7 / 8, Mac and Linux. Fit for Notebook, PC, Laptop, Computer, Apple, Macbook and other devices. Any problem, pls feel free to contact us.
back to menu ↑
7.PICTEK Gaming Mouse
- [Excellent gaming performance with 7200 dpi and 4 polling rate]pictek t7 programmable gaming mice, default five dpi levels available from 1200/2400/3500/5500/7200 dpi. With two dpi button, you can adjust the dpi easily to get high accuracy and consistent responsiveness at any speed. 4 polling rate is adjustable: 125hz/250hz/500hz/1000hz, polling rate ensures smooth and high-speed movement, up to 1000hz makes it faster and more accurate than ordinary mouse.
- [All mouse buttons are programmable] support macro editing, 7 mouse buttons can be programmed by pictek easy-to-program gaming software which makes the mouse more intelligent and meets more demands for different games. Great value and control fps gaming mouse, also excellent for moba/ rts games (driver disk included or download the software from brand website, see instructions for details). Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows xp, vista, linux etc. ( Note: no programming function for mac system).
- [16 million color fancy cool led backlit] 16 million color options for the backlight setting to match your style. Easily shut on and off the backlight with the convenient switch on the bottom. Plus, adopts high-definition optical gaming sensor, ensure quickly switch for different games. Mode selection: steady on/breathing/flicker+light effect/steady on+light effect. Color: red blue green purple yellow.
- [Ergonomic design] pictek t7 with symmetrical & streamlined provides a comfortable claw-grip design, long-term use without fatigue. Top choice for computer game players to keep your grip firmly during game play. Excellent cool wired pc gaming mouse for casual gamers. Comes with 5 foot, 3mm strong high-speed fiber cable.
- [Reliable quality & service] pictek t7 pc gaming mouse, 30 million clicks lifespan , intricate polish manufacturing processes and meticulous assembly provide the functional reliability of the mouse for years. Pictek will spare no effort to provide the satisfied service to every customer, keep in touch with us when you meet any problem, we will reply you within 12 hours to help you.
back to menu ↑
8.BenQ Zowie EC1
- Made for professional sports gamers: the EC series is the result of extensive ergonomic research and collaboration with top sports players. Each feature has been selected to increase comfort and reliability for ideal competitive performance.
- FITS YOUR HAND: Choose from two sizes to ensure a perfect fit regardless of your hand size.
- Designed for competition: the EC1 cable is made of flexible rubber to protect against damage inside during competition. The extended length of 2 m allows freedom of movement without additional latency due to wireless mice
- Optimized for FPS games: 3360 optical sensor with 4 adjustable DPI levels (400/800/1600/3200) provides reliable and customizable gaming performance without additional software.
- Customized Esports Performance: driverless adjustable report rate (125/500/1000Hz) allows you to set the mouse to your preferred setting..LONG LASTING LIFE: 1 year limited warranty and additional mouse feet are included to keep your mouse running strong.
back to menu ↑
9.Hotline Games Mouse
- DESIGNED FOR GAMES - Hotline Games second generation mouse anti slip tape is designed for professional game players. Soft and comfortable hand feeling, self adhesive design,excellent anti slip and sweat-absorbing performance to avoid the mouse misoperation caused by hand sliding and improve gaming experience!
- BETTER GAMING EXPERIENCE - Hotline Games second generation mouse anti slip tape with the diamond texture surface. The new diamond texture design not only has better sweat absorption performance, but also improves the friction coefficient, it will not slip even if your mouse strenuous move. [Recommend to match with Hotline Games Mouse Skates & Gaming Mouse Pad & Mouse Bungee for better gaming experience!]
- SPECIALLY CALIBATED SIZE - Pre-Cut,This model is specially designed for Zowie EC1-A Mouse. It cuts accurately according to the size of the mouse, perfectly cover easily slippery part.
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL - Hotline Games second generation mouse anti slip tape uses a new TPEE material, which has better anti slip and waterproof performance and softer hand feeling. It uses the 3M non-residual adhesive, can be detached completely without residual gum after a long time of use, easy to install and remove.
- PACKAGE CONTENT - 1set of mouse anti slip tape, cleaning cloths and tweezers. Easy to clean and install. 【Note: The product only includes mouse anti-slip tape not the mouse.】
back to menu ↑
10.Gaming Mouse Wired
- 【High-precise & 4 adjustable DPI】Gaming mouse uses a high-performance optical sensor, can be adjusted up to 7200 DPI (Default 4 DPI levels available from 1200/2400/4800/7200). One button to adjust the DPI, get comprehensive sensitivity customization and ultra-precise tracking function
- 【RGB Backlit Gaming Mouse】Game mouse wired has 4 different cool backlight effects, meet your different backlight needs. You can switch the backlight through the button on the back of the mouse or set the color you need through the driver software
- 【7 Programmable buttons】Program your favorite commands, gamer mouse makes performing in-game actions much faster. Memorize 3 user interface settings and support macro editor, perfect for strategy games, shooting games and online role-playing games
- 【4 levels polling rate】 (125/250/500/1000HZ) The pointer speed, scroll speed and double click speed can be changed via software. Made of high quality ABS material, with matter-finish texture, gaming mouse mac fits your hand perfectly
- 【Wide Compatibility】RGB mouse compatibles with most systems including Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / XP, Vista 7 / 8, Mac and Linux. Fit for PC , Notebook, Laptop, Computer, desktop, Macbook and other device which have a USB port
back to menu ↑
Best Gaming Mouse for Mac – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
As with anything related to computers, the cost is driven by three factors namely, Brand recognition, features and materials used. There are other factors too such as patents and taxes, but they aren’t common influencers. Out of the three top criteria, features and materials used are the two most critical points to note.
If you do not mind going for a lesser known brand, you can save anywhere from $30 to $90 depending on the type of mouse you purchase. In fact, customizable mice that usually cost above $150 from reputed brands can be found for less than $100 if you are willing to take a risk.back to menu ↑
DPI And Sensitivity
Mac or not, DPI is a hardware specification, and while some mice allow you to change the DPI on-the-fly, others come with a fixed DPI. For a gamer with any aspirations, multiple DPI options are always a boon. Sensitivity, on the other hand, is OS controlled or sometimes game controlled. Hence, sensitivity can be fixed to a particular value as it does not work as well as DPI.back to menu ↑
Size And Orientation
Time and again, we have stressed the importance of size. Forget the features, polling rates and other fancy stuff that make a mouse worthy of gaming. If it feels foreign to you, if it does not sit right in your palm, get some other design.
A mouse that is loved by the world can be the worst choice for you if it is too large or small for your hand size. You can measure your hand size by starting from the wrist and going all the way up to the tip of your ring finger. Your hand size is just a rough estimate of the maximum size you should look for in a mouse. Preferably, anything around 80% of your hand size should feel comfortable.
However, just because a mouse is a right size does not make it ergonomic. Curves, unique thumb crevices and designs help give a gamer better feel of the device. However, because of the ergonomics, many models tend to favour right-handers (nearly 90% of the global population is right handed.) As for left-handers, you have to look for a brand that provides the option of choosing between left and right handed devices or get a mouse that is symmetrical on either side.back to menu ↑
Grip And Style
There are three types of grips employed by players namely, claw grip, palm grip and full grip. When you arc your fingers and use just the fingertips on the right and left buttons, it is called claw grip. The palm grip is when you cradle the bulk of the mouse in your palm. Finally, a full grip involves a palm grip with flat fingers that encompasses the entire mouse.
A player may prefer either of the three grip styles, but under different situations, he or she may opt for a new grip style. Thus, it is vital to get a mouse that works equally well with all kinds of grips. Speaking of styles, some mice have contoured surfaces with precise designs to accommodate additional fingers that won’t be used in gaming. Other companies stick with a basic style and hardly any ergonomic feature. They obviously cost less.back to menu ↑
As Mac gamers tend to prefer MMO and strategy games, a mouse with multiple buttons will help. Unlike a standard mouse with just two buttons, these gaming mice offer anywhere from 4 to 10 additional buttons. Each button can store a single instruction or a combination of instructions such as keystrokes with time delay.
More the buttons on a mouse the easier it is to play MMO and MOBA games. However, with more buttons comes a steeper learning curve.back to menu ↑
Lots of forums talk about mouse models for specific genres of gaming. However, for a Mac user, gaming is the second priority. In fact, designers and editors prefer using a Mac. For them, the buttons on a mouse do not make much difference as most developers are used to keyboard shortcuts. What matters is how well the mouse responds to movement and whether it accurately reflects onscreen.
If you are a designer or a gamer who prefers using a Mac, opt for a mouse that provides higher polling rates. These devices can give you a high level of accuracy. Moreover, the higher polling rate protects against loss of data packets.back to menu ↑
Illumination is a fad among gamers, but at times we feel peripheral makers go a little too far. Yes, some amount of lighting in a peripheral is helpful especially with a keyboard as you can clearly see keys in the dark. However, with a mouse full RGB light is not necessary. In fact, you can use the mouse in complete darkness thanks to the lack of additional buttons.
Illumination increases the cost of peripherals and something that ought to cost less than $50 will end up costing you at least ten bucks more. RGB lighting controlled through software can cost even more.back to menu ↑
Professional gamers prefer a particular weight for their peripherals. A gaming mouse should either be weighted permanently or (ideally) use removable weights that allow the user to decide what they want. These removable weight canisters are a nice addition because they let you configure the weight based on the manner in which you game. If you do not mind lesser-known brands, you can find a model or two for cheap that uses removable weight canisters.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Can you use any mouse with a MacBook?
Yes! You can use any mouse with a MacBook. If you have a MacBook with the traditional USB port, you can plug in your regular wired mouse or connect your wireless mouse via Bluetooth or USB receiver. Then you should be able to use a regular mouse you can buy online.back to menu ↑
Can you use a gaming mouse on a Mac?
Yes! As long as it’s compatible with the OS, you can use a gaming mouse on a Mac. A gaming mouse for Mac and PC works the same and all operating systems use the same mouse layout of middle scroll wheel, right and left button. A gaming mouse that is used for PCs will be great also for Mac users too.back to menu ↑
What is the best mouse to use with a MacBook Pro?
The best wireless mouse for MacBook Pro that computer experts have tested and review to date is the Apple Magic Mouse Optical Mouse.
This mouse connects to your MacBook Pro via Bluetooth and does not need USB receiver or dongles to use it.back to menu ↑
Gaming on Mac isn’t as widespread as PC and console gaming, though you can still play most MMO games and a lot of other popular titles. In a recent survey, it was found that usually, people who game on a Mac spend less than 3 hours daily gaming. Naturally, the market isn’t brimming with Mac-specific gaming mouse choices.Thankfully, a mouse for Mac and PC works basically the same. In fact, all operating systems use the same mouse layout of left and right button with a middle scroll wheel. Naturally, a gaming mouse that caters to PCs will be adequate for Mac users (as long as it’s compatible with the OS in the first place. The question, therefore, is, which mouse to get?