Best Gaming Mouse for Mmorpg – One thing we didn’t talk about in this guide is the “click”; the sound you’re bound to hear a lot of from any and all of the multitude of mouse buttons described above– is it crisp and firm, a bit soggy, or maybe high pitched and annoying? It’s a feature that’s a little hard to describe, and it’s pretty subjective to interpret, so be sure to check out the videos we’ve included. Hearing it for yourself is worth a thousand descriptors!
You can’t go wrong with any of the mice on this list, they’re all excellent picks and it’s a matter of choosing the one you find most suitable for you. And if you have any comments or questions, write them down in the section below and we’ll help you out!
Since there a number of factors that go into finding the right mouse for your gaming needs, it can be hard to look past the marketing fluff and hone in on what’s actually important in an MMO mouse.back to menu ↑
1.HyperX Pulsefire Core
- Pixart 3327 Optical sensor with native DPI up to 6, 200
- Comfortable ergonomically-designed with symmetrical shape fits palm and claw grips
- Seven programmable buttons
- Easy customization with HyperX NGenuity software
- Large mouse skates for smooth, controlled gliding
back to menu ↑
2.Razer DeathAdder V2
- Focus+ 20K DPI Optical Sensor: Auto-calibrates across mouse mat and reduces cursor drift from lift-off and landing for industry-leading precision. Razer Optical Switches – 70M Click Durability
- 3x Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: New Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Supports 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance: Razer Speedflex cables eliminate the need for mouse bungees, drastically reducing weight and drag for absolute control
back to menu ↑
3.Logitech G502 Hero
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Our most advanced, with 1:1 tracking, 400+ ips, and 100 - 25,600 max dpi sensitivity plus zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration
- 11 customizable buttons and onboard memory: Assign custom commands to the buttons and save up to five ready to play profiles directly to the mouse
- Adjustable weight system: Arrange up to five removable 3.6 grams weights inside the mouse for personalized weight and balance tuning
- Programmable RGB Lighting and Lightsync technology: Customize lighting from nearly 16.8 million colors to match your team's colors, sport your own or sync colors with other Logitech G gear
- Mechanical switch button tensioning: Metal spring tensioning system and pivot hinges are built into left and right gaming mouse buttons for a crisp, clean click feel with rapid click feedback
- 1 year hardware limited warranty
back to menu ↑
- Premium Durable Anodized Aluminum Frame: Built to withstand a lifetime of gaming
- CORSAIR’s Most Advanced Optical Gaming Sensor:Native 18,000 DPI, adjustable in 1 DPI resolution steps, gives you total sensitivity customization and ultra accurate tracking
- Advanced Tunable Weight System: Adjust M65 RGB Elite’s center of gravity to suit your grip, or reduce its weight to just 97 grams
- Eight Fully Programmable Buttons: Get the most from your games with the ability to remap or assign custom macros to every click
- Ultra Durable Omron Switches: Rated for more than 50 million clicks
- Precision Sniper Button: Ergonomically placed sniper button to instantly reduce sensitivity for crucial shots
back to menu ↑
5.ASUS ROG Chakram
- Tri-mode connectivity includes dual-wireless 2. 4GHz and Bluetooth(BLE), plus wired USB
- Industry-leading 16000 dpi, 400 ips optical sensor, plus 1000 Hz polling rate support in 2. 4GHz and wired mode
- Programmable, removable joystick allows personalized settings and superior in-game control
- Fast charge for 15 minutes by wire for up to 12 hours of gameplay, or use Qi technology for wireless charging
- Screw-less magnetic buttons and cover, ROG exclusive push-fit switch socket design and customizable badge for effortless DIY
back to menu ↑
- LIKE A GAMING KEYBOARD AND MOUSE COMBO ALL IN ONE - Loaded with 13 buttons, 5 pressure sensitive deep click buttons, side buttons, gyroscopic gesture control, vibration feedback, OLED screen, RGB LED & onboard memory - it’s not surprising the Z was voted best gaming mouse at CES. Unique button placement offers a better way of clicking buttons giving you unrivalled speed & precision. Access dozens of different actions while barely moving your fingers - Perfect for FPS, MOBA, RTS & MMO gaming
- PLAY LIKE A PRO: the Z mouse gaming software is powerful, customizable yet intuitive & easy-to-use. Start winning immediately with game detection & auto profile switching. Access 16 pre-made pro gaming profiles, source from our community or create your own. Any of the 13 buttons, deep click or gestures can become a keyboard, mouse, gamepad or joystick button. Record macros/combos like auto run, sniper mode (DPI shift), rapid reload / weapon switch, quick build, double click, or crouch jump
- PRESSURE SENSITIVE DEEP CLICK BUTTONS - add at least 5 extra buttons & new dimension to your game. Click for one action, deep click for a 2nd or use them together for a combo. Vibration feedback indicates you’ve triggered a deep click. Fly a plane with the analog joystick function powered by the gyro! Store your settings directly on the mouse's onboard memory & check the OLED display for quick config, DPI, profile & more. Match your color theme with the RGB LED and dominate the competition
- GAME LONGER IN COMFORT - Small, large, or XL hands the Z's ergonomic design fits like a glove. Play in comfort even during extended sessions. Further customize the Swiftpoint Z mouse by choosing your own button size & shape from the 4 included sets, 2 sets of adjustable bases/feet & a flight stick extender for joystick control. Wired to maximize performance & avoid the inevitable charging required with wireless gaming mice. Soft pads add side grip for the ultimate control. Glorious!
- TRIED THE REST? TRY THE BEST - Logitech, Razer, SteelSeries, HyperX or Corsair - Swiftpoint Z will rival them all. 13 buttons, 5 pressure sensors, 12K DPI PixArt PMW3360 Sensor, mechanical switches, PTFE skates, a gyro & onboard memory. Profiles: Apex Legends, Borderlands 3, COD War Zone, Cyberpunk 2077, Destiny 2, PUBG, CS:GO, Dota 2, FFXIV, R6 Siege, Fortnite, Overwatch, League of Legends (LoL), Team Fortress 2 (TF2), Valorant & World of Warcraft (WoW). This is the final mouse you’ll ever buy
back to menu ↑
- Professional Gaming Mouse - Redragon M908 optical gaming mouse is designed with up to 12400 DPI, 5 adjustable DPI levels (500/1000/2000/3000/6200 DPI) meet your multiple needs, either for daily work or gaming. DPI can be adjusted freely by ±100 from 100 to 12400 via software. 1000 Hz polling rate, 30G acceleration and high-precision Pixart PAW3327 Sensor giving you a greater edge over your competition.
- RGB Backlight & Programmable Buttons - 16.8 million RGB LED color options (LED Backlight can be disabled). 18 programmable buttons, 5 memory profiles each with a dedicated light color for quick identification. Comes with 8-piece weight tuning set (2.4g x8), easy to change the weight to suit your games.
- Comfort & Precision At Your Hands - Redragon M908 gaming mouse is an essential computer accessory for die-hard gamers with its aggressive design for hands! You will be amazed by the unmatched comfort, lethal accuracy and killer precision of our durable, desktop and laptop pro gaming mouse!
- High-end Design - Redragon M908 Mouse features 8 buttons and 12 MMO programmable side buttons. Durable smooth TEFLON feet pads for ultimate gaming control. 6ft braided-fiber cable with gold-plated USB connector ensures greater durability.
- Die-hard Gamers Choice - Whether you are targeting, aiming, slashing or attacking, a professional gaming mouse is your basic weapon! The mouse will be your ideal partner. Compatible with Windows 2000/ME/XP/03/VISTA/7/8/10 system for programmable using and Mac OS for normal using.
back to menu ↑
- Durable smooth TEFLON feet pads and contoured body for ultimate gaming control. High-end features including: 12 buttons, pulsing light in 6 color modes, and 12 MMO programmable side buttons.
- Support 4 level DPI: Support 1000-1500-2000-4000 4 levels DPI switch, you can choose the DPI level as you please, support double-speed adjustment,the highest mouse movement speed up to 8000DPI.
- Quick thumb function: Original with 6 number keys on the left side, can be self programmed to any other functional keys to provide you a convenient thumb operate experience. Ergonomic design, internally and externally, to create the ultimate game concept.
- Fire Key: triple click botton on the right,more convenient for you to get a triple click, help you to get a fast speed than other players in the game.Built-in 8 weights, can be adjusted according to your habit.
- LED Light Mode Flash: 7- color cycle breathing effect, provide cool appreance. High-end 6ft braided-fiber cable with gold-plated USB connector for greatest durability and signal accuracy.
back to menu ↑
- [Excellent gaming performance with 7200 dpi and 4 polling rate]pictek t7 programmable gaming mice, default five dpi levels available from 1200/2400/3500/5500/7200 dpi. With two dpi button, you can adjust the dpi easily to get high accuracy and consistent responsiveness at any speed. 4 polling rate is adjustable: 125hz/250hz/500hz/1000hz, polling rate ensures smooth and high-speed movement, up to 1000hz makes it faster and more accurate than ordinary mouse.
- [All mouse buttons are programmable] support macro editing, 7 mouse buttons can be programmed by pictek easy-to-program gaming software which makes the mouse more intelligent and meets more demands for different games. Great value and control fps gaming mouse, also excellent for moba/ rts games (driver disk included or download the software from brand website, see instructions for details). Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows xp, vista, linux etc. ( Note: no programming function for mac system).
- [16 million color fancy cool led backlit] 16 million color options for the backlight setting to match your style. Easily shut on and off the backlight with the convenient switch on the bottom. Plus, adopts high-definition optical gaming sensor, ensure quickly switch for different games. Mode selection: steady on/breathing/flicker+light effect/steady on+light effect. Color: red blue green purple yellow.
- [Ergonomic design] pictek t7 with symmetrical & streamlined provides a comfortable claw-grip design, long-term use without fatigue. Top choice for computer game players to keep your grip firmly during game play. Excellent cool wired pc gaming mouse for casual gamers. Comes with 5 foot, 3mm strong high-speed fiber cable.
- [Reliable quality & service] pictek t7 pc gaming mouse, 30 million clicks lifespan , intricate polish manufacturing processes and meticulous assembly provide the functional reliability of the mouse for years. Pictek will spare no effort to provide the satisfied service to every customer, keep in touch with us when you meet any problem, we will reply you within 12 hours to help you.
back to menu ↑
- 【RGB Mouse】One button to adjust 7 RGB color effect gaming mouse,creates a cool and colorful game atmosphere to enhance the excitement of the game.Best for pc games.
- 【Gaming Mouse】With 6 D-P-I levels available from 800-1600-2400-3200-4000-4800 Dots Per Inch,can easily adjust the D-P-I to match the mouse speed instantly for different game scenarios.
- 【Highly Accurate Mouse】With a high-precision positioning game engine for accurate positioning and stable transmission. 7 buttons tested 3,000,000 clicks, strong durability.
- 【Ergonomic Mouse】Skin-friendly surface mouse, with non-slip side to reduct hand sweat. Plug and play.
- 【Wide Compatibility】Support Windows 2000/2003/ Win7 / 8 /10/ Vista/ ME/ Mac OS/ Linux
back to menu ↑
Best Gaming Mouse for Mmorpg – BUYER’S GUIDE
A macro in the world of MMOs is basically an in-game command. In WoW for example, this action could be to “use” something, “equip” something, “cast” a spell, and so on. There are a lot of things you can do in MMOs, and sometimes, like when a boss is about to wipe your raid, you want to do a lot of things really fast. That’s why it’s helpful to create macros and to have a mega-macro-pusher right in the palm of your hand.
You may be wondering how you create these macros. How do you let WoW know that you want to cast “Seed of Corruption” when you press right-click? A good MMO mouse has software that will help you accomplish this easily and effectively.
The classic layout of 12 buttons arranged like the number pad on a phone is what might first pop into your mind when you think of MMO mice. This grid is common, but it might not be best for all gamers or for all types of MMOs. Don’t overlook other button layouts that offer a hybrid of the traditional two-button mouse and the 12-button grid. You also have options that have differently organized button grids as well – they may even be better than a conventional 12-button grid.
The sensor is that underneath your mouse makes it more than just an RGB paperweight. The mouse’s sensor detects movement, and in modern mice will either be a “laser” or “optical” sensor. There are varying quality levels for each type of sensor; the high-quality ones allowing increased and adjustable sensitivity levels due to their ability to sense the surface below the mouse in a more nuanced way. You can go a lot deeper into the technicalities of what makes one sensor better than another, but it’s much more helpful for the purposes of this guide for us to tell you that all of the mice on this list have sensors that will perform excellently when it comes to the needs of MMOs.
Having an ultra-sensitive and exact sensor is not as important with MMO gaming as it might be with games like fast-paced twitch-shooters. What is perhaps more important to look out for is a sensor that’s adjustable– whether through the mouse’s software, or on-the-fly with a physical switch/button right on the mouse itself.
“CPI” or “DPI”?
In the world of gaming mouse terminology, CPI and DPI refer to the same thing; although technically they are actually different. DPI stands for Dots Per Inch, and technically refers to how many dots are contained in one inch of a digital image or a printed copy of a digital image. However, DPI is the term that most mouse manufacturers use to describe the sensitivity of a mouse’s sensor; where the higher the value means higher sensitivity.
CPI stands for Counts Per Inch, and it tells us how many instances of information a mouse sensor receives as it moves one inch. This measurement usually increases in increments of 250, and usually ranges from 250 to 4000. The higher the number, the less distance you need to move the mouse to send that cursor flying. For the purpose of this guide, we will use the term DPI to refer to mouse sensitivity because, while it is technically incorrect, this term is so widely used that it has become the industry standard nomenclature.
Higher isn’t necessarily better when it comes to DPI, although manufacturers would like you to think that it is. There are also in-game sensitivity options that affect how you mouse travels across the screen. Keep your gaming style, monitor size, and monitor resolution in mind when considering DPI range and how important it might be to you.
In the software, you’ll want to look out for things like the ability to create and save different “profiles” that you can easily switch between. You might want the buttons on your mouse to control certain macros for your Warlock and totally different ones for your Rogue. Quality mouse software should also allow you to manually adjust settings like DPI, tracking speed, X/Y sensitivity, and so on. The software that controls your mouse should also be easy to use and– as the two usually go hand in hand– pretty to look at. You might be surprised at how often mouse software feels and runs like a slapped together afterthought, with apparently no intention of ever being used.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Do You Really Need an MMO Mouse?
If you have been getting by for years without using macro buttons, then it does beg the question of whether or not you actually need an MMO mouse at this stage in your gaming career. But if you aren’t sold on the concept yet, then you should ask yourself a few other questions.
First of all, how do you use your keyboard? Do you have keybinds all across your home row or do you design your key layout so that you never have to lift your left hand? If you are comfortable lifting your hand mid-action then you already have at least 87 keys on your keyboard that aren’t being fully utilized. If, however, you are like me and can’t easily lift your left hand from the keyboard without losing your place, then an MMO mouse opens up a lot more options for control layouts.
Second, do you use multi-key macros? They aren’t necessary (or allowed) for every MMO out there, but for some games like World of Warcraft they are absolutely necessary at the highest level of play. An MMO mouse makes multi-key macros much easier to execute, though there are also softwares like MultiKeyboard Macros that can fill this role for you.
Lastly, how important is ergonomics to you? Any MMO veteran knows that some raids are more involved than an 8-hour workday, and that is a lot of stress to put your hands through. If you like to do serious marathon sessions then you should absolutely take the time to find a mouse that will be easy on your hands. Carpal tunnel is serious business, folks.
While there are alternative options for managing the famously large skillsets of your favorite MMOs, an MMO mouse is a great catch-all solution for the high-APM gamer, as it addresses all three of these concerns in one.back to menu ↑
MMOs require you to manage a lot of things at once, so you need a mouse that has the necessary buttons and the necessary customization options to manage every complex macro you assign to it. We’ve combed through the many options and put together this list of the best MMO gaming mouse available right now. If you need some additional help deciding which mouse is right for you, scroll down to find our buyer’s guide.