Best Mouse for Arthritis – With computers becoming better and more affordable almost each day, elder people join in and make their first steps in the system. The best computer mouse for arthritis becomes necessary due to the realities of old age.
The regular use of the mouse causes certain stress on the wrist and finger joints. Where younger people might simply feel uncomfortable, the senior users will experience pain. Clicking and scrolling require finger flexibility that arthritic hands have already lost. The inflammations and other issues can also be restricting mobility, making it entirely impossible to operate a regular mouse for some.
People mistakenly assume that if the mouse is ergonomic, it will serve to relieve pain. The truth is that ergonomic does not equal arthritis-appropriate. Most such devices are intended to reduce repetitive stress injuries, which is not enough.
If you have existing carpal tunnel or arthritis, go with a vertical mouse that doesn’t have a trackball. A horizontal mouse is the best choice for gaming and overall flexibility, while a trackball mouse is a perfect choice for a desk with limited space or users with limited arm mobility.
Pros & Cons
- Simple, plug-and-play USB corded connection; PC and Mac compatible
- Ultra-compact design; mouse measures L x D x H (in): 1.7 x 3.0 x 1.1 with 27-inch retractable cable; no need to wrap the cord around the mouse or deal with tangles
- High-resolution optical technology for smooth and precise tracking
- Small ultra-portable design with sleek, glossy finish
- OS : windows xp;Windows ME;windows vista;Windows 98
Pros & Cons
- Optical Tracking Technology provides precise cursor movement for superior accuracy so you can get where you want on the screen quickly with less hand movement, improving productivity and efficiency
- Unique scroll Ring let you move up and down web pages or documents with ease; ambidextrous design works equally well for both right-handed and left-handed users
- Detachable Wrist rest softly cushions and cradles the hand and wrist in an ergonomic position for pain-free productivity during extended periods of activity on the computer
- Free downloadable Kensington trackball works software provides a personalized experience, giving you the ability to assign a wide variety of program functions to each of the 2 buttons, as well as adjusting cursor and scrolling speeds
Pros & Cons
- Built-in Rechargeable Li-Battery with Auto-sleep Function:The wireless mouse has 650mA battery capacity,only about 3 hours full charging time needed and support 720 hours working.Enters power saving mode automatically after 8 minutes idle,press any button can wake the ergonomic mouse up,conserves power and extends product life.If the vertical mouse lack of power,connect the charging cable,then it can work simultaneously
- Scientific Ergonomic Design with Next/Previous Buttons:Contoured shape,sweat-resistant,skin-friendly finish,added next/previous buttons to browse web page faster,sturdy scroll wheel with rubber oil coating that prevents fingers from sliding,the ergonomic computer mouse allow for natural hand positioning and ultimate comfort.It eases tension on the wrist and hand for right-handed users.Encourages healthy natural "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain
- 4 Adjustable DPI Levels:800,1200,1600,2400,easily change the cursor sensitivity of carpal tunnel mouse depending on your activity. Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mouse for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.Best for things that require precision like color correcting and photo edits or make it faster for browsing
- Plug-and-play and Wide Compatibility:the wireless mouse comes with a USB Nano receiver, plug and play directly.2.4GHz wireless technology ensure longer working distance-up to 33ft in 360 degree with no interference.Well compatible with Mac OS X, Linux and all versions of Windows such as Windows7/8/10/XP etc. Fits for desktop, laptop, PC, Macbook and other devices
- Warranty:We support 30 Day Money-back Guarantee and 3-year limited hardware warranty for the ergonomic mouse,feel free to contact with us,our service team are always ready to support
Pros & Cons
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The ergonomic mouse features a vertical angle to keep your wrist in a natural handshake position, thus reducing wrist strain and discomfort.
- DUAL-MODE CONNECTION: Boasting dual-mode (2.4 GHz wireless and Bluetooth 4.0) connection, this ergonomic mouse enables you to control two devices at the same time and switch easily between Laptop, PC and Mac with just one button.
- ADJUSTABLE DPI: Simply press the DPI button to switch DPI level among 800, 1600 and 2400 to suit your activity. In addition, the optical tracking technology ensures precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Power-Saving Mode: The vertical mouse will automatically go to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity. Press any button to activate it.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: The Bluetooth mode supports Bluetooth-enabled devices with Windows / Android / Mac OS system, and 2.4G wireless mode supports all devices with USB ports. Instantly connect to your MacBook, iMac, desktop, laptop, PC or other device. NOTE: Forward / Backward buttons will not work on Mac series
Pros & Cons
- Comfortable Ergonomic DesignAfter thousands of samples of palm data we designed this ergonomic mouse. The mouse has a streamlined arc and thumb rest to help reduce the stress caused by prolonged use of the mouse. The side pits help reduce slippage and maximize your feeling of use!
- Save Battery LifeUp to 15 months battery life you don't need to worry about changing batteries frequently! This computer optical mouse will be in sleep mode in 8 minutes of inactivity. Press any button to wake it up. Note: powered by 1AA battery (not included).
- Easy to UseNo need any driver and you can plug and play the wireless mouse directly. Plug and play! This computer mouse support 33ft wireless connections you can avoid being bothered by the power cord and use this mouse anytime anywhere.
- Multi-function Wireless Mouse5 levels DPI: 800/1200/1600/2000/2400 easily change the cursor sensitivity depending on your activity. Two side buttons that you can use to control page forward/backward for increased productivity. Advanced technology help mouse moves around the computer screen smoothly!
- Wide CompatibilityWell compatible with Windows7/8/10/XP Vista7/8 and Linux etc. Fits for desktop laptop PC Macbook and other devices. A universal portable mouse designed for office family travel business meetings etc.!
- Operating system: Windows 7
Pros & Cons
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers, and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions / weight: 120×62.8×74.8 mm / 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
Pros & Cons
- – Designed to be utilized in neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain helping alleviate wrist pain.
- & – This mouse comes included with a palm rest that can be easily detached based on the user's preference and convenience. It also features a blue LED, which lights up the outlining of the mouse.
- – Switch between DPI levels 800, 1200 and 1600 to adjust mouse responsiveness depending on your need and/or preference. Optical Tracking Technology ensures greater sensitivity for precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- – Use the back/forward buttons located near the thumb area for optimum convenience, (button functionality can also be changed and reassigned using a compatible driver or software).
- & – Compatible with Windows 7/8/10, XP, Vista 7/8 and Linux etc. All J-Tech Digital Products include a One-Year Manufacturer Warranty and free lifetime technical support from our Customer Support Team located in Houston, Texas - Available M-F 9AM-6PM CST - Contact information available on the J-Tech Digital Seller Page.
Pros & Cons
- ★ ERGONOMIC DESIGN - EIGIIS handheld trackball mouse wireless can greatly avoide the harm of palm and muscle of your wrist for long time using mouse. ATTENTION: NO LASER POINTER. IF YOUR MOUSE IS NOT WORKING WHEN YOU WENT A FEW MINUTES WITHOUT USING IT, PLS KINDLY CLICK TO WAKE IT UP.IF STILL NOT WORKING, PLS CHECK BELOW ISSUES: 1, CHANGE BATTERY AND TRY; OR 2, TURN IT OFF AND ON; OR 3, REMOVE THE USB RECEIVER AND TRY IT. IF STILL NOT WORKING, PLS DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT US FOR A REPLACEMENT
- ★ TRACKBALL COMFORT - Ergonomic handheld trackball mouse wireless is a best choose to reduce the chances for Arthritis and CTS suffers. Hold EIGIIS ergonomic handheld trackball mouse wireless in your hand like a trigger and use your thumb to move around. Sculpted shape supports your hand staying in one place, move the cursor without moving your arm.Suitable for both left and right hand - New style, no space limitation, left/right clickers, fit left and right handed users.
- ★ ADJUSTABLE DPI - EIGIIS ergonomic wireless handheld finger trackball mouse have 800/1200/1400/1600 DPI resolution optical tracking technology that provides higher sensitivity than standard optical mice.EIGIIS handheld trackball mouse wireless have a Sensitive rolling ball and frequency stable 2.4GHz receiver(For wireless mouse, the valid range distance is about 10M, the signal can’t go through wall). Powered by One AAA battery (not included)
- ★ WIDE APPLICATION - EIGIIS handheld trackball mouse wireless including USB 2.0 interface, plug and play, no software required. Suitable for laptops and desktops, but NOT FOR TABLETS AND CELLPHONES. Compatible with: Windows XP / VISTA / Win7/ Win10/ Linux / Unix / Mac OS.
- ★ WHY CHOOSE TO BUY EIGIIS TRACKBALL MOUSE - 100% product quality assurance. If you are dissatisfied with the product you received or have quality problems, please feel free to contact us. We will give you a full refund or send a new product to you again. Click the "Add to Cart Button" at the Right of this Page to Order Your Set Now! Enjoy the EXCELLENT SHOPPING EXPERIENCE. ANY PROBLEM, PLS CONTACT US FOR REFUND OR REPLACEMENT.
9.Handheld Trackball Mouse
Pros & Cons
- ★ ERGONOMIC DESIGN - EIGIIS handheld trackball mouse wired can greatly ease the harm of palm joint or muscle on your wrist and muscle for long time using mouse. Good to reduce the chances for Arthritis and CTS suffers.
- ★ TRACKBALL COMFORT - Hold EIGIIS handheld trackball mouse wired in your hand like a trigger and use your thumb to move around. Sculpted shape supports your hand staying in one place, move the cursor without moving your arm.Suitable for both left and right hand - New style, no space limitation, left/right clickers, fit left and right handed users.
- ★ ATTENTION - Compared with common mice, EIGIIS handheld trackball mouse wired"LEFT CLICK" key is under the hole. The left button at the top of EIGIIS trackball mouse is used to Lock Browser and go throught the web page easily. When you go throught the web page, you only need to click the left button to lock the current page, then you can browse the web page by rolling up and down.
- ★ WIDE APPLICATION - EIGIIS handheld trackball mouse wired including USB 2.0 interface, plug and play, no software required. Suitable for laptops and desktops, but NOT for tablet. Compatible with: Windows 98/ 2000 / XP / VISTA / Win7/ Win10/ Linux / Unix / Mac / OS.
- ★ WHY CHOOSE TO BUY EIGIIS TRACKBALL MOUSE - If you are not satisfied with our product, you could free to contact us, we will try our best to sovle the problem. Click the "Add to Cart Button" at the Right of this Page to Order Your Set Now! Enjoy the EXCELLENT SHOPPING EXPERIENCE.
10.Wireless Number Pad and Mouse
Pros & Cons
- ✔ LIFETIME RISK-FREE WARRANTY --- We promise a Life-time Money Back or Free New Replacement guarantee if you received defective products or have any questions with this wireless keypad and mouse combo
- ✔ PLUG & PLAY SUPER EASY TO USE --- The Acedada wireless number pad and mouse combo use latest 2.4GHz wireless technology, just Plug and Play！No drivers need to be installed. Mouse & Numpad share ONE USB receiver. Do not occupy other USB port.【NOTE: The USB Receiver is inserted in the battery compartment of the numeric keypad or mouse】
- ✔ COMFORTABLE & MULTI-FUNCTION WIRELESS NUMBER PAD --- Advanced scissor-switch construction keys offer a quiet tactile response. Quick rebound action and allow fast data entring without missing a key. Supports NumLock, ESC, Tab, Delete etc. With shortcut key which can open the computer calculator directly. The Multi-Function 22 Keys Wireless external number keypad for laptop is more unique than most keyboards
- ✔ PORTABLE SIZE & NOISELESS CLICK MOUSE --- Portable design make it easy to store in bag for business traveling, responsive buttons provides very soft click with less noise, no more disturbing for others with the loud clicking sound
- ✔ NUMERIC KEYPAD COMPATIBILITY --- This Acedada wireless number keypad and mouse combo work with laptop, notebook, desktop, PC computer. Compatible with Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 /10 operating systems. 【NOTE: The keypad is NOT compatible with Chromebook. And on Macbook OS system the function keys do not work while the number part 10 keys work fine】
Best Mouse for Arthritis – BUYER’S GUIDE
- Size: The size of the mouse should be an important consideration, to ensure it fits your hands comfortably. Too large, and your hands will not be rested in the right place on the mouse. Too small, and your fingers with be clinched, with a large gap between your palm and the mouse. Both are detrimental to your hands. Before purchasing your mouse, check its dimensions and compare it with your current mouse to get the proper perspective, as the product shots can be deceiving.
- Weight: Size and weight go hand in hand when it comes to a comfortable mouse. Don’t think a mere few grams won’t make any difference- it does. Do you like the added stability of a heavier mouse, or a lightweight one that is effortless to push around? Some mouse like the Utech Gaming mouse doesn’t force you to choose, as they come with a tuning set you can add or remove to achieve the precise desired weight and resistance. Again, check the mouse’s specs for its weight before making your purchase.
- Wireless or Not: While a wireless mouse does away with the clutter of one more cable on your desk, it isn’t without faults. It requires batteries to run (less eco friendly), usually uses a USB receiver to connect to the computer (that can be misplaced), and finally, needs to be “woken up” each time after some idle time. Think clearly about these drawbacks before settling on either a wireless or wired mouse. The biggest drawback of a wired mouse is obviously the added cable, which is especially annoying when you’re working outside.
- Form factor: The form factor of a mouse is critical to how comfortable and ergonomic it is. The traditional horizontal mouse will feel the most familiar for most people, though it is worth giving a vertical or trackball mouse a try, especially if you are starting to feel the early effects of RSI in the arms or wrist, such as carpal tunnel syndrome or tendonitis. A joystick mouse should probably only be considered for people with an existing RSI condition, as most users find it less precise and harder to maneuver than the other three types of mice.
- DPI Switch: DPI stands for dots per inch. A mouse with a physical DPI switch lets you easily adjust the sensitivity of the mouse cursor without any software. A high DPI setting translates into a more sensitive mouse cursor, responding to micro movements of the mouse. Gamers often demand a mouse that supports an ultra high DPI setting so it’s more responsive, though some studies have found a correlation between high DPI setting and carpal tunnel syndrome. A mouse with a physical DPI switch lets you dial down your mouse’s sensitivity on demand depending on the task at hand, and can be highly beneficial.
- Number of Buttons: Virtually all mice come with at least two primary buttons for left and right clicking. Beyond that, is more the merrier? From an ergonomic standpoint, extra buttons- especially ones that are customizable- can eliminate having to move the mouse to perform certain tasks, reducing the chances of RSI injuries. At the minimum, look for a mouse with a browser back and forth buttons, as these are tasks commonly performed every day. The Utech Gaming Mouse comes with 12 programmable buttons on its side if there are other tasks in your daily routine that can use a shortcut.
- Left or Right handed: Most mice featured in our guide are for right handed people, though the Trackball mouse is ambidixoul. This means it can be used by both left and right handed people. The distinct advantage of an ambidixoul mouse is that it lets you alter between hands throughout the day to operate it, spreading out the workload between your two hands and greatly reducing the chances of developing injuries. If you are disabled on on hand, an ambidixual mouse such as the Logitech Trackball Marble also lets you use your other hand to operate it. This is something to consider.
- Price: Last but not least, price is certainly an important factor when purchasing a mouse, though not nearly as much as luxury items such as a laptop or monitor. Even the most expensive mouse certainly won’t break the bank. Do not just look at the price when elavuating the true cost of the mouse- look at the warranty period as well. An expensive mouse with a long warranty and hassle free return is arguly better than a cheap mouse that you are stuck with if it breaks in 2 months. Beyond warranty however, if a mouse delivers more comfort and better productivity than another one, that should be above all else the main deciding factor.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Anker vertical model has been designed with the application of the results of scientific studies. It secures your wrist in the easiest and painless position. Besides, it allows navigating the screen comfortably without inflicting the micro trauma that can be immediately painful for some and bring long-term consequences for others.
The 3M Ergonomic Mouse (EM550GPS). This specialized medical computer mouse for arthritis is so perfectly designed that even the Arthritis Foundation marks it down. You grip the handle and rest the wrist on the support, which is the position of utmost comfort for many users with existing conditions, and a great preventive measure as well.
Repetitive motions, such as scrolling or typing, could turn into an issue with joints after a long while. They will certainly hurt for those who already received such injuries. It is impossible to use the computer entirely without such motions, but there are ways to minimize them, avoiding pain and tension.
Manufacturers of these devices certainly claim that their device is very sparing for hands with arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. In a way, this is true because instead of manipulating the whole mouse, you only need to roll the ball.
In case you have to work in front of a monitor on a daily basis, you should pick a convenient mouse that won’t be making your arthritis worse.
We tend to use a mouse more often than the keyboard and other similar devices. Those who don’t own a decent computer mouse for arthritic hands or carpal tunnel syndrome will continuously feel pain and can make the whole situation unbearable.
So, if you have arthritis or RSI, stay away from regular mice and purchase a specifically designed model. This article presents 11 options in this category featuring various shapes, sizes, designs and prices.