Best Mouse for Cad – We have listed, what we think are, the best mouses/peripherals for CAD use. Keep in mind that these entries were picked up to cater to different needs rather than competing with each other.
So, there is no ranking from our side and you should pick up the one that suits you the best.
With that, we hope this article was helpful to you in some meaningful way.
Some mouse offer extra programmable buttons that can be used in a gaming environment as well as other applications to assign specific functions such as hotkeys. Whereas other mouse have 3D mechanism that can be used to interact with on screen objects in a 3D manner.
Like rotating an apple in different angles. So make sure to pick the right kind of mouse that adapts to your application and design process.
1.Logitech MX Master
Pros & Cons
- Ultra-fast magspeed scrolling - Remarkable speed, precision and quietness of electromagnetic scrolling with all new magspeed wheel - up to 90% faster, 87% more precise and ultra-quiet
- Comfort shape and intuitive controls - Work comfortably with perfectly sculpted shape and ideally placed thumb wheel and controls
- App-specific customizations - Speed up your workflow with predefined app-specific profiles and numerous customization options. Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology
- Flow cross-computer control - Work seamlessly on three computers. Seamlessly transfer cursor, text, and files - between windows and macOS, desktop and laptop
- Works on any surface even on glass with dark field 4000 DPI sensor. It is faster and 5x more precise than the basic mouse - so you always hit the right Pixel
- USB-c rechargeable - Full charge lasts up-to 70 days, quick 1 min charge gives 3 hrs of use
- Multi-device and multi-OS - Connect the way you want up to 3 devices via Bluetooth or the included USB receiver on windows, Mac or Linux
- 1 year limited hardware warranty
Pros & Cons
- ✔BUILT-IN 700MAH RECHARGEABLE BATTERY - When you leave your mouse more than 5 minutes, it will automatically get into sleep mode which saves electricity of the mouse, and click any button for waking up the mouse again. The mouse will enter low energy mode once the battery voltage is lower than 3.3v and shows a red light indication from the scroll wheel. Furthermore, it will automatically turn off once the battery voltage is lower than 3.0v and you need to recharge the battery.
- ✔SILENT CLICK(left and right button): Silent clicking design for left and right button fits the circumstance for using the mouse in public, such as library, dormitory, office and so on, and apart from blue light indication during recharging and light off after full recharge, this design results worry-free for disturbing others.
- ✔ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The bluetooth mouse is designed for right-handed user for the best hand feeling. Six efficient buttons and three adjustable dpi level (1000/1200/1600) that allow you to freely control the mouse speed.
- ✔TRI-MODE CONNECTION: Inphic bluetooth 5.0/4.0 and 2.4G USB connection. You can switch to any mode by clicking the mode switch button located at the bottom of the mouse. The indication lights of bluetooth 5.0, bluetooth 4.0 and 2.4G USB are green, blue and red, respectively. Once you complete the pair of bluetooth or insert the usb, you can freely switch to each mode and the maximum operating distance of each mode is 10 meters.
- ✔1-YEAR WARRANTY: 45-day unconditional refund and 12 months repairing warranty. It is compatible with Windows 8/10/xp, vista and mac os system. Meanwhile, the bluetooth 5.0 is compatible with windows 8/10(but not windows 7 or xp), Android, Mac OS system; 2.4G USB connected mode support any usb enabled devices, which just need to simply insert the usb receiver. P.S. Bluetooth 5.0 supports ios system for both ipad and iphone, but the ios system has to be ios 14 or later version.
Pros & Cons
- 5 Adjustable DPI and Tru-Wave Technology: TECKNET bluetooth mouse supports 5 adjustable DPI: 2600/2000/1600/1200/800. Tru-Wave technology can offers precise and smooth cursor control on many surface types.
- Easy to use: No USB receiver, you can connect via bluetooth V3.0. This computer mouse supports 26 feets of wireless connection. No lost receiver, no power cord. You can use this mouse anywhere, anytime.
- Ergonomic Design: The ergonomic design with its smooth surface, hand naturally, reduces wrist fatigue cause by long working hours, while its size and weight make it easy to carry.
- Intelligent Power Saving (IPS): TECKNET wireless mouse has a 24 month battery life (not operated for 10 seconds, it will automatically drop to IPS). Withstands a test of almost 8 million clicks, making it ideal for long working hours.（Batteries not included）
- Wide Compatibility：Well compatible with Windows XP, VISTA, 7, 8,10 or higher etc. Fits for desktop, laptop, PC, MacBook, Chromebook and other devices（Side Buttons Unavailable for Mac OS）
Pros & Cons
- The space mouse compact was developed to deliver an intuitive, effortless and precise 3D navigation in CAD applications that cannot be experienced by using a standard mouse and keyboard.
- Six-degrees-of-freedom (6Dof) sensor - intuitively and precisely navigate digital models or views. Operating system - Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1,Apple macOS 10.14, Apple macOS 10.13, Apple macOS 10.12, Apple OS X 10.11, Apple OS X 10.10. Linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4, 5, Linux Novell SUSE Linux 9.3, 10, 11
- Each of the space mouse compact's two buttons opens its own 3Dconnexion radial menu. They provide direct access to up to 8 of your favorite application commands.
- With its iconic, pure design, the space mouse compact is small enough to fit on every desk while the brushed steel base ensures the device stability for precise 3D navigation.
- 2-Year manufacturer's warranty
Pros & Cons
- Ergonomic right-handed design with textured rubber side grips
- 10 000 dpi optical sensor
- Chroma lighting with a wide range of customizable colors
- On the fly sensitivity adjustments
- Always-on mode
- Gold-plated USB connector
Pros & Cons
- 《ERGONOMIC UNIQUE DESIGN》The mouse design is based on 6 different muscle and skeletal structures of the hands giving special emphasis to the folding actions of the hands to provide a new level of hand comfort. It comes with a RED TRACK BALL, RED COLOR sensing provides more accuracy for current optical tracking technology, a must for high-performance gaming optics system sensors.
- 《FUNCTIONAL 6 BUTTONS》It is very easy to move in any direction. It comes with 6 physical buttons on the device and the two extra buttons are the scrollwheel tilting that allow horizontal scroll. ELECOM Mouse Assistant software can be easy to customize button functions, it is available to download from ELECOMUS website.
- 《DPI CURSOR》Designed with a high-performance gaming optics system sensor and lens. The DPI button can easily change between 750(LOW) and 1500(HIGH) DPI, making the movements of your cursor faster or slower.
- 《EASY MAINTENANCE》The ball rolls on three 2.5 mm large artificial ruby ball bearings. They are extremely smooth and the relatively large size prevents dust and dirt from clogging them. So you don’t have to clean the ball bearings too often. The ball is held in place by the ball bearings, but can easily be popped out of the device, by pushing it through the hole in the bottom and it can be easily cleaned.
- 《PRODUCT DETAILS》System requirements: Windows 8.1, Windows RT8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11 (Horizontal scrolling function is not working in Windows RT8.1), macOS 10.10, Size: W3.7"(94.7mm) X L4.9"(124.4mm) X H1.9"(47.7mm), Weight: 5.3oz(without battery), DPI: 750/1500 count (switchable), Connectivity: 2.4GHz Wireless
Pros & Cons
- Large 55mm ball design and Diamond Eye optical tracking for precise cursor control; Patented scroll ring lets you scan up and down pages with ease
- Detachable, ergonomic wrist rest supports hand and wrist for improved comfort; Ambidextrous design
- Customizable 4-button design, scroll speed and cursor speed via KensingtonWorks software
- Connects wirelessly via built-in Bluetooth 4. 0LE or with the USB dongle using 2. 4Ghz wireless; Auto-sleep helps conserve battery life
- Compatible with Windows, macOS (10. 8 and later), and Chrome (OS 44 and later); 3 year coverage and lifetime technical support
Pros & Cons
- ▶ 3 ADJUSTABLE DPI: 800,1200,1600 DPI, easily change the cursor sensitivity depending on your activity. Computer mouse comes with a Nano receiver (stored in the back of the wireless mouse with magnetic force). No need any driver, and you can plug and play the wireless mouse for laptop directly.
- ▶ Efficient Wireless Transmission: Powerful, reliable 2.4GHz wireless mouse connection with high anti-interference performance with 50ft/15M transmission distance. A Mini USB receiver supports plug and play.
- ▶ Longer lifespan: Laptop mouse passed 5,000,000 times keystroke test to guarantee extra durability. Switch button on the back of this cordless mouse to save power. And it will enter sleep mode after 15 minutes of no-operation. Press any button to wake it up.
- ▶ MAXIMUM HAND-FEELING: Slim wireless mouse shape, sweat-resistant and skin-friendly finish are for maximum comfort and support. The thoughtful ring and little finger rest provide extra comfort. The sturdy scroll wheel with rubber makes sure that your hand will not slip when scrolling.
- ▶ Strong compatibility: Smooth, precise and affordable mobile optical mouse with Nano receiver for laptop, desktop and netbook PCs. Mouse wireless well compatible with Windows XP, Windows, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, Windows 2000 Server.
Pros & Cons
- CARPAL TUNNEL & DE QUERVAIN'S TENOSYNOVITIS RELIEF IMMEDIATELY: Clicking from MAJOR & SECOND KNUCKLES while your fingertips are SUPPORTED voids tissue tearing in the carpal tunnel. STOP fingers HOVERING therefore HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE in the wrist. RBT’s NEW control surface reduces thumb squeeze. Evaluated by Dr. Maik Zannakis MD @CarpalRX for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Prevention 08/2020. Recommended by Hand Therapist Dr. Bryan Kang OTD @KaiserPermanente for Tendinopathy Reduction 06/2021.
- ANTI FATIGUE BETTER THAN VERTICAL MOUSE: “There have ALWAYS been ergonomic mice—but those ONLY do so much. While the hand’s resting position will be comfortable, the clicking activity can still apply the SAME pressure on the nerves” Esports Journalist John Popko @Invenglobal 07/2021“At first everyone thought "ugly weird mouse". But two of the free ergonomic mouse samples @QuadraClicks sent us are NOW use every day, by Pablico and Andy. #b3d” Chairman Ton Roosendaal @BLENDER 3D 04/2019
- A RELAXED WRIST SUPERCHARGES ESPORTS PERFORMANCE: Do you LOVE csgo LOL Call of Duty OVERWATCH Apex Legends? RBT's MAGIC mouse clicks are FASTER than your opponents'. Play BETTER, LONGER sessions than all your nemeses. Make ladder climb EASY and FUN. Sponsor of BearClaw Esports(S.Korea), Eternal Empire(Canada), GR-Gaming(SouthEast Asia), Official Ergonomic Gaming Mouse Partner of Esports Stadium Arlington Texas.
- ARTHRITIC HAND, TENDONITIS, WEARING WRIST BRACES? OLD mice had led you drop in PHYSIQUE and MORALE, in turn, Performance overtime. RBT will fix their DOT. The LONGER your gaming session, the more DIFFERENCE this’ll show, so you can keep FRAGGING without tilt. Razer, Logitech, SteelSeries, Corsair, Zowie, Model O, Roccat, and ALL other typical gaming & ergo mice perform poorer compare to QuadraClicks' RBT. DON'T WORRY, WE GOT YOU.
- APPLE MOUSE & MICROSOFT GAMING LAPTOP USERS: Verticle Mouse Alternative, Holding a mouse button down with EASE, Superior built-quality lasts a long time (3~5 year on average), ergonomic mouse for arthritis, snap on pointer sensitivity, CAD friendly, 3d drafting mouse, Thumb Rest RUBBERISED and TEXTURED, EASY to MOVE around in all directions, Quick easy set up with USB port. BEST GIFTS for ARCHITECTS, ENGINEERS, and DESIGNERS. SALE PRICE vs MSRP $150.00 1 year parts warranty included
Pros & Cons
- Comfortable and ergonomic grip. Bluetooth wireless connection - No USB dongle required!
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux (to use this mouse with an iPhone or iPad you must update to iOS 13 or above)
- Number of Buttons: 6 (plus scroll wheel), all silent, Powered by 2xAAA batteries (included)
- Adjustable DPI/sensitivity button, Bluetooth pairing button, Low battery indicator, Next/Last Page (for web browsing), DPI Range: 800 - 1200 - 1600, Polling Rate: 125Hz
- Dimensions: 4.7" (L) x 2.7" (W) x 2.6" (H), Weight: 4.2 oz
- Number of Buttons: 6 (plus scroll wheel), all silent, Powered by 1xAA batteries (included): Adjustable DPI/sensitivity button, Mode/Pairing button, Low battery indicator, Next/Last Page (for web browsing)
- Dimensions: 5.4" (L) x 2.9" (W) x 2.7" (H), Weight: 3.4 oz
Best Mouse for Cad – BUYER’S GUIDE
Computer Aided Designers mostly have long work sessions, so, it’s crucial to pick up a mouse that is comfortable to use for hours and hours.
When deciding upon ergonomics, it is important to remember that ultimately every individual will prefer something different. So, we encourage you to try or test out a mouse before you buy it.
But if you don’t have that liberty then you’ll have to primarily consider these factors: size, the thumb and finger rest, and the weight of the mouse.
A mouse is only better than other conventional mouses for CAD if it has the hardware for better space navigation or it has extra programmable buttons for shortcuts.
Each and every mouse is different in implementing better navigation through 3D space. It can be through a proprietary navigator, a trackball, etc.
So, you’ll have to try and test out what works for you.
Although these navigators can be baked in a regular mouse just fine, we believe that a dedicated space navigator is the best way to go.
We think that the best offer that a mouse can have for CAD is extra programmable buttons.
If the mouse has extra programmable buttons, then you can set more shortcuts for your most used features in any CAD software.
With a little bit of getting-used-to, it can significantly increase the speed of your workflow.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHICH IS THE BEST MOUSE FOR AUTO CAD?
While we have listed what we believe are the best AutoCAD mice, we may not have covered everything. Let us know in the comment section below which is your preferred AutoCAD mouse.
Every Computer Aided Designer feels the need of a dedicated mouse for the job at some point or another.
Irrespective of the choice of software – AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc. – a good mouse, that is specifically designed for working with CAD, can significantly improve the experience and the speed of workflow.