Best Mouse for Finger Pain – If you’re tired of your wrists hurting after using your computer now is the time to invest in an ergonomic mouse. There are all kinds of options out there, and while the vertical design is a common choice, you may want something that feels more like an upgraded traditional mouse.
We decided to go with the Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse as our Editor’s Pick for the top ergonomic mouse out there. In terms of features and the ability to move between USB and Bluetooth, we feel it is the cream of the crop. Plus we’re not huge fans of needing a USB receiver to plug into a USB port on the computer. To us that feels a bit dated, not to mention if you misplace the receiver (it’s no bigger than a two-prong LEGO, so it’s pretty small) you basically lose all functionality to the mouse.
As is the case with most ergonomic mice it does take some adjusting. But that’s simply because you’re moving from a device that you’ve used for much of your life. When shopping around for possible devices check out the Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse. We highly recommend it.
But what kind of mouse are you looking for? Have you fallen in love with an ergonomic mouse and it’s eased your wrist and finger pain? Or maybe you really dig the joystick design.
Let us know in the comments. We’d love to know what you’re looking for in an ergonomic mouse. And if you’re left-handed, have you found it’s difficult to find a mouse that fits your needs.back to menu ↑
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm; product weight: 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
back to menu ↑
- ERGONOMIC VERTICAL MOUSE - Prevents RSI (repetitive strain injuries) caused due to strain on wrist and hands. The vertical shape of the HE mouse stimulates the blood flow, because you automatically use larger muscles during mice. With good blood circulation you can prevent complaints and increase your productivity! Places your hand in a natural handshake position using a unique 60 degree angle, preventing forearm twisting and reducing muscular strain
- SLEEK DESIGN AND SHAPE - Ergonomic Vertical Mouse has a vertical grip which provides a neutral, relaxed position of the hand and wrist. You move from the forearm instead of your wrist, which prevents RSI. The mouse fits comfortably in your hand and supports your wrist and fingers. The round shape and thumb gutter provide optimal support and 100% comfort. Mouse has won the Benelux Office Product Award due to its innovative design
- COLOR SIGNALS, USB WIRED CONNECTION AND CUSTOMIZABLE BUTTONS – Color Signals to indicate whether you are taking enough breaks, LED signal on thumb side of the mouse. Plug and Play, Has 5 buttons and scroll wheel. You can customize the buttons on the HE Mouse to your personal requirements. Would you prefer CTRL + "C" or CTRL + "V" instead of the forward or backward buttons? The buttons of the HE Mouse can easily be adjusted to your wishes via an app.
- CORD LENGTH AND PRODUCT DIMENSIONS - 1.6m/5.25ft USB cable length, product dimensions: 105*83*6 mm; product weight: 4.87oz and two year warranty
- WIDELY COMPATIBLE and EASY TO USE - Widely compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux. Has 5 buttons and can be used on Laptop, PC, Computer, Desktop, Notebook. 500-1500-2000-3500 DPI Levels – Easily adjusts the sensitivity of the mouse. Once you get used to the ergonomic mouse, you will love it so much!
back to menu ↑
- Ergonomic sculpted design - unique adjustable hinge allows you to customize the trackball angle from 0 to 20 degrees for a more natural, comfortable hand position, and reduced muscle strain
- Cross-computer control- game-changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on 2 computers, and copy-paste text, images, and files from one to the other using Logitech flow
- Dual connectivity- use with up to 3 Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth smart wireless technology
- Rechargeable battery- up to 70 days of power on a single charge; Nominal value : 380 dpi
- Precision scroll-wheel - tilt and middle click wheel allows for precise scrolling and other Convenient controls such as horizontal scrolling
- Minimal and maximal value: 512-2048 dpi
back to menu ↑
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, Jan. 2017- Dec. 2019
- 25% Faster Than Competing Wireless Mice: Razer HyperSpeed wireless technology brings together extreme low-latency and interference reduction for true wireless freedom
- 3x Quicker Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer Optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- 11 Programmable Buttons: Allows for reconfiguration and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Up to 100 Hour Battery Life: An all-new, hyper-efficient sensor and wireless technology allows for extended gaming
back to menu ↑
- Unique ergonomic design with removable palm rest to reduce hand and wrist pain
- Two thumb buttons can be used for back/forward browser navigation
- Driver free 3-mode DPI shift:600/1000/1600DPI adjustable
- High-resolution optical sensor with adjustable sensitivity for accuracy and responsiveness
- Receiver Distance:10 meters Nano Receiver; The receiver is attached to the bottom of mouse.
back to menu ↑
- Optical tracking technology provides precise cursor movement for superior accuracy so you can get where you want on the screen Quickly with less hand movement, improving productivity and efficiency; The blue 40mm ball has been specially designed with an absolute spherical, hard surface for precise tracking and control
- Unique scroll Ring let you move up and down web pages or documents with ease; ambidextrous design works equally well for both right-handed and left-handed users
- Detachable Wrist rest softly cushions and cradles the hand and wrist in an ergonomic position for pain-free productivity during extended periods of activity on the computer
- Free downloadable KensingtonWorks software provides a personalized experience, giving you the ability to assign a wide variety of program functions to each of the 2 buttons, as well as adjusting cursor and scrolling speeds
- ChromeOS user can get HID functions for a trackball but will not be able to customize their device through KensingtonWorks.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and chrome (version 44 and later); plug & play installation gets you clicking and scrolling through the reliable wired USB connection, and it does not need batteries; 5 Year
back to menu ↑
- ✔ Why Special : Unique Design - Reduce Tension - Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain. It does take some time to get used to using a mouse at a different angle. Once you get used to it, you will love it so much !
- ✔ High Responsiveness: 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces, Sensitive Mouse Click with Less Noise. 【 Please confirm the size before buying it. 】
- ✔ Advance Functionality: Added next / previous buttons provide convenience when web page browsing; The superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at the computer. 【 Note: The vertical mouse can not fully compatible with Macbook, Mac os x operating system. The backward and forward browsing buttons will not work, and the scrolling is contrary to Mac. Because Apple company product only support its own system 】
- ✔ Wide Compatibility: Compatible with most system including Windows 7 / 8 / 10, XP, Vista and Linux. Fit for Notebook, PC, Laptop, Computer, and other device. 【 Not fully compatible with Apple products 】
- ✔ What You Get : One Jelly Comb Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse, one 2.4G USB receiver ( In the Bottom of the Mouse, Plug & Play).
back to menu ↑
- The MOJO Pro Performance Gaming Mouse combines one of the best gaming mouse sensors with our hand sculpted ergonomic design and all silent buttons to create the perfect gaming mouse
- Fully customizable - download our software to customize buttons, set up macros, adjust DPI, LED screen, set up gamer profiles, and more
- Flawless Advanced Gaming Sensor PMW3336 for up to 12000 DPI and 1000 Hz Polling Rate
- Requires Windows 7 or Above. With our easy to use software you can adjust every detail of the mouse to fit your ideal profile
- Mouse Dimensions: 130 x 72 x 41mm, Weight: 127g, Cable Length: 1.8m
back to menu ↑
- Adjusting DPI: 6-speed adjustment,1000/1500/2400/3000/5500/9200 DPI,1000 DPI red light flash 3 times,1500 orange,2400 green,3000 light blue,5500 blue,9200 purple.
- Weight tuning set: Built-in 8 weights for your adjustment at the bottom, simply add or remove the weights as you prefer to get the best gaming experience.
- Fire key: short press to double click, long press more than 2 seconds to switch triple click,light flashes 3 times represents successfully switched.
- LED Light Modes Switch: A total of 13 kinds of light mode ,long press more than 2 seconds to turn off the lights.
- Quick thumb function: fast forward or backward when browsing the web,forward of backward at the same folder window.
back to menu ↑
- ✔ SCIENTIFIC ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The ergonomic design offers your hand maximum support for lasting comfort, Encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- ✔ RECHARGEABLE WIRELESS MOUSE: Built-in high capacity rechargeable battery, no longer needs to buy batteries. Easy to charge through micro USB charging cable (Approx. 2-hour full). Auto sleep mode and awake the wireless mouse by pressing any key. Supports continue to use while charging so you don’t have to worry about running out of power.
- ✔ STABLE CONNECTION WITH LESS NOISE CLICK: Deliver a powerful, reliable 2.4GHz wireless mouse connection with high anti-interference performance with 32.8ft/10M transmission distance. Quieter click makes you concentrate on the work without disturbing others beside you. Just Plug and Play!【One Nano USB receiver at the bottom of mouse】
- ✔ 6 BUTTONS AND 3 ADJUSTABLE DPI: Added next/previous functionality buttons provide convenience when web page browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, players and people who work at length at the computer. 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- ✔ WIDE COMPATIBILITY: Well compatible with Windows7/8/10/XP, Vista7/8, and Linux, etc. Fits for desktop, laptop, PC, Macbook and other devices.【Note: Not compatible with Mac OS, Apple Products】 WARRANTY -- This Acedada wireless ergonomic mouse enjoys 2-year worry-free warranty as well as lifetime technical support.
back to menu ↑
Best Mouse for Finger Pain – BUYER’S GUIDE
- Size: The size of the mouse should be an important consideration, to ensure it fits your hands comfortably. Too large, and your hands will not be rested in the right place on the mouse. Too small, and your fingers with be clinched, with a large gap between your palm and the mouse. Both are detrimental to your hands. Before purchasing your mouse, check its dimensions and compare it with your current mouse to get the proper perspective, as the product shots can be deceiving.
- Weight: Size and weight go hand in hand when it comes to a comfortable mouse. Don’t think a mere few grams won’t make any difference- it does. Do you like the added stability of a heavier mouse, or a lightweight one that is effortless to push around? Some mouse like the Utech Gaming mouse doesn’t force you to choose, as they come with a tuning set you can add or remove to achieve the precise desired weight and resistance. Again, check the mouse’s specs for its weight before making your purchase.
- Wireless or Not: While a wireless mouse does away with the clutter of one more cable on your desk, it isn’t without faults. It requires batteries to run (less eco friendly), usually uses a USB receiver to connect to the computer (that can be misplaced), and finally, needs to be “woken up” each time after some idle time. Think clearly about these drawbacks before settling on either a wireless or wired mouse. The biggest drawback of a wired mouse is obviously the added cable, which is especially annoying when you’re working outside.
- Form factor: The form factor of a mouse is critical to how comfortable and ergonomic it is. The traditional horizontal mouse will feel the most familiar for most people, though it is worth giving a vertical or trackball mouse a try, especially if you are starting to feel the early effects of RSI in the arms or wrist, such as carpal tunnel syndrome or tendonitis. A joystick mouse should probably only be considered for people with an existing RSI condition, as most users find it less precise and harder to maneuver than the other three types of mice.
- DPI Switch: DPI stands for dots per inch. A mouse with a physical DPI switch lets you easily adjust the sensitivity of the mouse cursor without any software. A high DPI setting translates into a more sensitive mouse cursor, responding to micro movements of the mouse. Gamers often demand a mouse that supports an ultra high DPI setting so it’s more responsive, though some studies have found a correlation between high DPI setting and carpal tunnel syndrome. A mouse with a physical DPI switch lets you dial down your mouse’s sensitivity on demand depending on the task at hand, and can be highly beneficial.
- Number of Buttons: Virtually all mice come with at least two primary buttons for left and right clicking. Beyond that, is more the merrier? From an ergonomic standpoint, extra buttons- especially ones that are customizable- can eliminate having to move the mouse to perform certain tasks, reducing the chances of RSI injuries. At the minimum, look for a mouse with a browser back and forth buttons, as these are tasks commonly performed every day. The Utech Gaming Mouse comes with 12 programmable buttons on its side if there are other tasks in your daily routine that can use a shortcut.
- Left or Right handed: Most mice featured in our guide are for right handed people, though the Trackball mouse is ambidixoul. This means it can be used by both left and right handed people. The distinct advantage of an ambidixoul mouse is that it lets you alter between hands throughout the day to operate it, spreading out the workload between your two hands and greatly reducing the chances of developing injuries. If you are disabled on on hand, an ambidixual mouse such as the Logitech Trackball Marble also lets you use your other hand to operate it. This is something to consider.
- Price: Last but not least, price is certainly an important factor when purchasing a mouse, though not nearly as much as luxury items such as a laptop or monitor. Even the most expensive mouse certainly won’t break the bank. Do not just look at the price when elavuating the true cost of the mouse- look at the warranty period as well. An expensive mouse with a long warranty and hassle free return is arguly better than a cheap mouse that you are stuck with if it breaks in 2 months. Beyond warranty however, if a mouse delivers more comfort and better productivity than another one, that should be above all else the main deciding factor.
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
How do I choose an ergonomic mouse?
If you have existing wrist and hand issues, going straight to a vertical mouse design is an easy way to ensure relief. Users with arthritis may want to steer clear of trackballs, however, due to the demands they place on finger movement. If you’ll be gaming or you’re looking for a more familiar feel, a horizontal ergonomic mouse may be the best option.back to menu ↑
What is the most comfortable mouse?
All of the best ergonomic mice on the market are designed to cut down on the aches, strains, and discomfort that come from the repetitive use of traditional office equipment. A vertical mouse is one of the most comfortable pieces of computer equipment available, as it allows the hand to rest in a natural, neutral position during use.back to menu ↑
An ergonomic mouse better curves to fit the contour of your hand.
This, in turn, reduces the strain on your fingers and cuts down on joint pain.
While the touchpad is aesthetically pleasing, the flat surface isn’t designed for a power user, or for long-term use.
So when you use your cursor a good deal of the time, for photo editing work, playing video games, or doing just about anything else on your computer, you need to invest in an ergonomic mouse.