Best Mouse for Graphic Design – So there you have my comprehensive guide to the best mouses for graphic designers. Due to the precise and detailed work you do as a graphic designer, you need a mouse that you can depend upon.
The best mouse for graphic design will be quick, responsive, and precise. You might also be looking for a wireless, ergonomic, or left-handed mouse. The right mouse is out there for everyone.
Whatever your needs are, you won’t go wrong with any of the mouses on this list. Through personal experience and a lot of research, I’ve found the best mouses for designers.
All these models tick the right boxes and should improve your work experience. But the winner of the best mouse for graphic design has to be the Logitech MX Master 2S.
With exceptional precision and a comfortable design, this mouse outshines the competition.
So, pick out your favorite mouse and click the link above to learn more and check price!
Let me know which mouse you went for in the comments below. Or if you have any questions for me, drop them below, and I’ll get back to you ASAP!back to menu ↑
- Ultra-fast magspeed scrolling - Remarkable speed, precision & quietness of electromagnetic scrolling with all new magspeed wheel - up to 90% faster, 87% more precise & ultra-quiet
- Comfort shape and intuitive controls - Work comfortably with perfectly sculpted shape and ideally placed thumb wheel and controls
- App-specific customizations - Speed up your workflow with predefined app-specific profiles and numerous customization options. Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology
- Flow cross-computer control - Work seamlessly on three computers. Seamlessly transfer cursor, text, and files - between windows & macOS, desktop & laptop
- Works on any surface even on glass with dark field 4000 DPI sensor. It is faster and 5x more precise than the basic mouse - so you always hit the right Pixel
- USB-c rechargeable - Full charge lasts up-to 70 days, quick 1 min charge gives 3 hrs of use
- Multi-device and multi-OS - Connect the way you want up to 3 devices via Bluetooth or the included USB receiver on windows, Mac or Linux
- 1 year limited hardware warranty
back to menu ↑
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm; product weight: 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
back to menu ↑
- ✅ ERGONOMIC DESIGN – The unique ergonomic shape supports the palm, with an innovative vertical design that keeps your hand and arm in a more natural and comfortable position. Effectively reduces wrist strain and pain compared to a traditional mouse.
- ✅ STABLE CONNECTION WITH LESS NOISE CLICK – Reliable 2.4G wireless mouse connection with high anti-interference performance with 33ft transmission distance. Quieter click makes you concentrate on the work without disturbing others beside you. Just Plug and Play.
- ✅ MULTIFUNCTION AND CONVENIENT -- Advanced "Page Back" and "Page Forward" functionality buttons provide convenience when web page browsing. 1000 /1200/1600 DPI Levels -- Easily adjusts the sensitivity of the mouse.
- ✅ WIDE COMPATIBILITY – Widely compatible with Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 / Linux. 【Note: computer needs to have a USB receiving port】 Once you get used to the ergonomic mouse, you will love it so muc!
- ✅ GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE -- Rest assured that all our ASOI ergonomic vertical mouse have unconditional 18-month product warranty ( Replace or Refund ) as well as lifetime easy-to-reach technical support.
back to menu ↑
- Ergonomic Vertical Design.Unlike those traditional ones which strain wrist and arm over time, causing great pain. The vertical design provides better support for your forearm minimizing wrist pain that can come from twisting.
- Added Forward-Back buttons (Only Used for Windows)provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Widely Compatible with Windows 2000/ME/XP（x64）/Vista/7/8/10/Mac OS X（over V10.4)/Linux.(The Forward-Back thumb buttons are not recognized on the Mac OS X).
- Kindly Note: The USB receiver is inserted in the battery compartment of the mouse; 1 AA battery required but not included.No lights on both sides of the mouse,just blue decorative strips.Please peel off the transparent protective film on the bottom of the mouse before use.This is a right-handed mouse.
- Warranty & Support: Follow the platform's return policy, we provide the full technical support after selling and any questions about the product, feel freely to contact us.
back to menu ↑
- Focus+ 20K DPI Optical Sensor: Auto-calibrates across mouse mat and reduces cursor drift from lift-off and landing for industry-leading precision. Razer Optical Switches – 70M Click Durability
- 3x Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: New Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Supports 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance: Razer Speedflex cables eliminate the need for mouse bungees, drastically reducing weight and drag for absolute control
back to menu ↑
6.Apple Magic Mouse
- Magic Mouse 2 is completely rechargeable, so you’ll eliminate the use of traditional batteries.
- It’s lighter, has fewer moving parts thanks to its built-in battery and continuous bottom shell, and has an optimized foot design — all helping Magic Mouse 2 track easier and move with less resistance across your desk.
- And the Multi-Touch surface allows you to perform simple gestures such as swiping between web pages and scrolling through documents.
- Lightning port
back to menu ↑
- Sensitive Mouse Click with Less Noise - Slim ergonomic design and smooth frosted surface for an incredible user experience. Quieter and Easier to click, make you concentrate on your work without disturbing others beside you
- Plug & Play - Tiny wireless receiver conveniently slots into your computer's USB port, taking up minimal space. 1 AA battery needed (not included in the package).
- Stable Connection and Power Efficient - The 2.4 GHz wireless mouse provides a powerful, reliable connection, effective up to 15 meters of range. This mouse will auto sleep after 8 minutes of inactivity for power saving, it can be waken up by clicking any button.
- Universal Compatibility - work with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.4 etc.【【This product is not compatible with macbook pro or other laptops which only have type c ports】】
- Portable & Durable - USB-receiver stays in your PC USB port or stows conveniently inside the wireless mouse when not in use. Perfect for work and entertainment in home or office.
back to menu ↑
- The MOJO Pro Performance Gaming Mouse combines one of the best gaming mouse sensors with our hand sculpted ergonomic design and all silent buttons to create the perfect gaming mouse
- Fully customizable - download our software to customize buttons, set up macros, adjust DPI, LED screen, set up gamer profiles, and more
- Flawless Advanced Gaming Sensor PMW3336 for up to 12000 DPI and 1000 Hz Polling Rate
- Requires Windows 7 or Above. With our easy to use software you can adjust every detail of the mouse to fit your ideal profile
- Mouse Dimensions: 130 x 72 x 41mm, Weight: 127g, Cable Length: 1.8m
back to menu ↑
9.DELUX Wired Gaming Mouse
- [Pro Gaming Mouse with PWM3360]: 5 gear DPI-1000/2000/4000/8000/12000 and up to 24000DPI set by software; Advanced tracking engine, quick response and uniform feedback, and more with 12000 Frame rate and 125/250/500/1000Hz Polling rate
- [Wonderful RGB Lighting Effects]: Taillight design with black metal mesh in the mouse front, via driver, you could customize RGB backlighting effect from 16.8 million colors, and there are different lighting mode for setting-full lighting, breathing and floating mode
- [Ergonomic Gaming Design]: All design just for gaming. Ergonomic streamline structure and non-slip rubber side, make the mouse contour full fit your palm, not just the shape but for all the holding points, comfortable hand feel. With 10 million lifespan OMRON switch and additional fire button design, born for gamer
- [All Keys Programmable]: There are different sections for setting, the buttons function, sensitivity value, light effects and Macro. For buttons function, you could set it into different functional way, specially set it into “set up the exact file”, just input the file path, and even the scroll up and down could be set.
- [All DELUX products include 12 months warranty and free lifetime technical support] [Wide Compatibility]: Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8,10 operating system
back to menu ↑
- ✅《OPTICAL TRACKING TECHNOLOGY》The ELEOM "EX-G series" trackball provides precise cursor movement for superior accuracy so you can get where you want on the screen quickly with less hand movement, improving productivity and efficiency. This mouse is designed for a LEFT-HANDED person.
- ✅《FUNCTIONAL 6 BUTTONS》You can assign favorite function to each button by using "ELECOM Mouse Assistant" ELECOM Mouse Assistant Software will be available to download from ELECOM NET website.
- ✅《DPI CURSOR》Designed with a high-performance gaming optics system sensor and lens. The DPI button can easily change between 750(LOW) and 1500(HIGH) DPI, making the movements of your cursor faster or slower.
- ✅《RED BALL FOR THE BEST OPTICAL TRACKING》 For the tracking accuracy and the best sensor, this item uses a RED BALL. RED COLOR sensing provides more accuracy for current optical tracking technology, a must for high-performance gaming optics system sensors. You will enjoy the results of trackball high performance optical sensors for all movement!!
- ✅《PRODUCT DETAILS》System requirements: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or later (Horizontal scrolling function is not working in Windows RT8.1), macOS 10.10 later, Size: W3.7"(94.7mm) X L4.9"(124.4mm) X H1.9"(47.9mm), Weight: 4.5oz(without battery), DPI: 750/1500 count (switchable), Connectivity: wireless, 1 X AA battery(Included)- Battery Remaining Light Lamp equipped.
back to menu ↑
Best Mouse for Graphic Design – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Before we talk about full-size/compact-size or DPIs, answer if you prefer working in a silent mode or have no issue with minor clicking sounds.
In order to select the best mouse for graphic design, you must seek if a mouse makes clicking sound or has the ability to work in complete silence. Usually, the old school mice tend to have this clicking affect that sometimes gets on our nerves. So, be sure to seek this quality in the mouse that you’d select from my list below.back to menu ↑
When you seek an ideal computer mouse for designers, do seek if its optical mouse or has the laser functionality. Obviously, laser beats the optical in terms of efficiency and DPIs in design world but there are some exceptional optical mouse choices that you may consider.back to menu ↑
Next, do seek if it has a cord or if its wireless mouse!
If you don’t mind having a cluttered desk then you may opt for a wired mouse and if not, there are plenty of options in wireless category.back to menu ↑
There are two types of mice that you can get to have in the market, full size and travel size!
If you like using compact sized accessories then go for travel size mouse or else, there are plenty of full-size mouse for graphic design.back to menu ↑
If you like having more control during work, do seek if the prospective mouse has a programable buttons in it. You can get to personalize the button functionality as per your working preferences and speed up your work progress.back to menu ↑
Casually picking a mouse may lead to carpel tunnel injury if you don’t pay attention to how you hold the mouse for hours. Don’t worry, having an ergonomically designed mouse can eliminate such injury risks.back to menu ↑
During your evaluation process, do seek if the selected mouse is compatible with your operating system or not. If the mouse is compatible for all OS programs, you can enjoy the usage freedom and change the devices without worrying about the compatibility issue.back to menu ↑
Are you a lefty or prefer working with your right hand?
Do seek if the design, of your selected mouse, goes with your most used hand or else you’ll experience a strange discomfort during the work.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Adobe Photoshop requires you to perform multiple operations in a quick way and being armed with a decent mouse, you can do it with ease. This is especially relevant if you work on high-res displays. Adobe Ps also has many tools and commands, so getting a keyboard with additional macro keys is also a good idea if you want to speed up your workflow.
A wireless mouse for graphic designers is flashier and allows you to work not being tied to a certain space. However, a wired mouse will appeal to average users with a limited budget. Besides, it is a bit faster.
The first thing that differentiates these devices is that a trackball is stationary, so doesn’t occupy much space. Besides, it works on any surface, but causes some noise unlike the best silent mouse.
As a graphic designer, you probably spent days comparing the best computers. You know the Adobe Suite inside out. You’ve likely even picked out an ergonomic desk chair!
Did you put much thought into the mouse you’ve been using all this time? It’s easy to overlook the importance of having the right mouse.
But your mouse is an essential piece of your toolkit as a graphic designer. While a regular mouse is fine for everyday tasks, you need something more specialized.